Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2022 1:02 PM

Jan 2011
Swagernator said:
In todays episode our dear heroine Bocchi learned the most important thing that makes band, a band.

Alcohol.
I agree! The drunk might be my favorite besides Kitaaa~
Dec 10, 2022 1:16 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
Phosphophyllita said:
IS THIS A MOTHERFUCKING EVANGELION REFERENCE?

Unexpected and hilarious. I almost spit out my coffee.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Dec 10, 2022 1:25 PM

Jul 2015
And here's expectable Slow Loop reference. Now they're even.

Dec 10, 2022 2:35 PM
Mar 2021
Very very very
Amazing
Dec 10, 2022 2:43 PM
Jul 2017
BOCCHI'S GUITAR SOLO!!? and maid outfit My hype are going through the roof, but i think its on ep 12. Bocchi need some development before she can perform so just wait a little more.
Monster of the week trope is a sign inability of the author to write a good plot so they introduce random ass villain to distract viewer with action.

My English is not good.

Dec 10, 2022 2:54 PM

Feb 2021
So many references in this episode lol. My favourite being the Slow Loop reference. Also got to see more of Hiroi who straight up punched a hole in the wall lmao. Really looking forward to the next episode!
Dec 10, 2022 3:02 PM
Nov 2022
great episode, was cool to hear Hirori's band play, ended on a real cliff-hanger, can't wait for next week. This really is one of those anime's that I don't want to end, definitely a candidate for anime of the year imo.
Dec 10, 2022 3:17 PM

Jan 2010
I'm loving kita more and more, she did it for bocchi sake. I'm sure kita wants to everybody to know bocchi.
Dec 10, 2022 3:26 PM
Mar 2022
Concussion time for Bocchi in this episode! Laughed hard when she rolled over from her futon and just repeatedly slammed into the dresser in her room repeatedly. xD
Dec 10, 2022 3:34 PM

Jan 2021
Bocchi's dreams are really something magical while dozing off in the class, but she's dozing off for an good reason. The school is doing an cultural festival and Bocchi doesn't even realize that she filled in a form and collapses on the ground, now being in the nurses office. Kita is coming by to support her but Bocchi doesn't feel it because of the forum being there, while Kita leaves Bocchi decides to throw away the forum.

Bocchi for the first time having a normal convo with the manager, nice. The manager is stelling Ryo and Nijika that she filled an forum for the band to perform at the school festival.

Kita being Kita submitted the forum and Bocchi went into hyper mode again and she ended up in the graves casket, rip Bocchi. Ryo & Hiroi paid back Bocchi for the money that they still owned her, nice job.

Kessoku Band got an invitation to watch the performance of Sick Hack and it was an pretty good performance, Bocchi's thoughts turned into some hyper things lol.

Bocchi suddenly disappeared at the start of the festival, that's an interesting one, I wonder if she is still not ready for it but im sure some confidence will be put into her to perform at that stage.
Dec 10, 2022 3:39 PM
Oct 2015
If Bocchi gives her opinion, I agree
If Bocchi speaks, I listen
If Bocchi misses, wtf she doesn't miss
If Bocchi breathes, I thank her
If Bocchi has a hater, I beat the shit out of them
If Bocchi has a fan, that's me
If Bocchi doesn't have any fan, I don't exist anymore
Dec 10, 2022 3:39 PM

Aug 2018
I'm excited that the school fes is the climax. I can't wait to see them perform!

Also, I hope we can get a full version of Sick Hack's song
Dec 10, 2022 4:02 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
She's got a ways to go, but slowly but surely, little by little, Bocchi is breaking out of her shell and connecting with other people on a deeper level. And who knew that that would be mostly in thanks to some drunk that she randomly met.

Gonna call it now: Bocchi the Rock has sparked a newfound tradition of having any anime character from now on say "an unfamiliar ceiling" whenever they wake up in an infirmary bed. These are the best kind of references btw, ones that feel natural and make sense, without having the feeling that it was just shoe-horned in for the sake of being a reference.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Dec 10, 2022 4:18 PM

Oct 2021
Will the anime ever adapt maid Bocchi?
Dec 10, 2022 4:26 PM

Jun 2019
Honestly, it’s amazing it is still this good. The visuals during the concert scene were unreal.
Dec 10, 2022 4:30 PM
Jun 2020
very very good good good
Dec 10, 2022 4:33 PM
Apr 2021
BOCCHISWEEP, Episode was great and the concert of the drunk girl was interesting too
Dec 10, 2022 4:38 PM

Mar 2010
I love this anime so much! Can't wait to see more Bocchi like this:

I'm so hyped for the next episode
Feel free to join the Bocchi the Rock! club!
Dec 10, 2022 4:58 PM
Sep 2018
I tell ya, I’m too much of a kitty to perform for large amounts of crowds like I would pee my pants man lol.

I really want the full song of drunk girls band, love the fact Bocchis debts are paid off and oh gosh hope the festival won’t end in disaster that Bocchi was suppose to be at!!,
Dec 10, 2022 5:05 PM
Nov 2022
reference the scream art was make me laugh 😂
Dec 10, 2022 5:08 PM
Nov 2022
So funny episode , they all are so cuteeee
Dec 10, 2022 5:44 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol Kita forced the inscription of Bocchi on the school festival concert, I'm not surprised she got that bit of motivation but in the end hide or escaped if they can't find her anymore.
Anyway I loved seeing the other band and how their alchemy is so different but works perfectly, this is how you make an original group, lot of life lessons and philosophy at the same time.
Dec 10, 2022 5:53 PM

Jun 2017
Holy shit Kikuri's band is amazing.
Dec 10, 2022 6:04 PM
Jan 2015
Ashhk said:
Lol Kita forced the inscription of Bocchi on the school festival concert, I'm not surprised she got that bit of motivation but in the end hide or escaped if they can't find her anymore.
Anyway I loved seeing the other band and how their alchemy is so different but works perfectly, this is how you make an original group, lot of life lessons and philosophy at the same time.

Idk why you think Bocchi is hiding from concert (and not only you).
At start of the episode you see that her class makes a maid cafe and all girls are participating... Sure, Bocchi goes in her own world immediately but she still needs to participate in maid cafe. Which would explain why she is nowhere to be found because she herself kinda missed that she will be forced into talking with strangers dressed as a maid - and this is some extreme stress for her - and this is an understatement.
Dec 10, 2022 6:38 PM

Aug 2009
This anime is so good, dunno
Dec 10, 2022 6:39 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Vizvezdenec said:
Ashhk said:

Idk why you think Bocchi is hiding from concert (and not only you).
At start of the episode you see that her class makes a maid cafe and all girls are participating... Sure, Bocchi goes in her own world immediately but she still needs to participate in maid cafe. Which would explain why she is nowhere to be found because she herself kinda missed that she will be forced into talking with strangers dressed as a maid - and this is some extreme stress for her - and this is an understatement.
Ahh yes, but I mean both situations would make sense so I didn't think about the maid café thing, but you're right indeed
Dec 10, 2022 6:45 PM
Dec 2022
Kita×Bochi is one of the most impressive coop.
Dec 10, 2022 6:54 PM
Jan 2015
also this drunk girl band makes some music. Holy shit cloverworks went all out with this stuff there.
Dec 10, 2022 6:58 PM
Jan 2019
Phosphophyllita said:
IS THIS A MOTHERFUCKING EVANGELION REFERENCE?

oh god thank you for mentioning this, I thought I was taking crazy pills
Dec 10, 2022 7:10 PM
Dec 2022
Kitan and Bochi is one of the impressive coops.
Dec 10, 2022 8:13 PM

Feb 2022
Hahahaha Bocchi disappearing when the festival starts after saying those words to Kita

God Reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 10, 2022 8:26 PM
Nov 2020
Was something different with the OP in this episode. Something sounded different
Dec 10, 2022 8:35 PM

Mar 2007
Wow, the other band is actually good, and professional. If only she didn't keep causing property damage while drunk.

The alcohol has become her crutch so much she's basically alcoholic, at that age. Not good.
Dec 10, 2022 8:37 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Wonder if they will do the big reveal when Bocchi is in a maid outfit.
Dec 10, 2022 8:43 PM

Oct 2018
I knew somehow Kita would submit the registration form. But the way they did it was just too good. The best anime of the season for me.
So much fun and references in an episode, Evangelion reference out of nowhere.
Dec 10, 2022 8:44 PM
Mar 2015
On to the school festivl Bocchi-chan
Dec 10, 2022 9:49 PM
Nov 2022
takamono said:
Very great and funny episode, really looking forward to the festival performing part!

unrelated but i love your profile picture <3
Dec 10, 2022 9:53 PM
Dec 2020
If you pay attention in episode 10 there are Hiyori and Koharu merchandise in Bocchi the Rock and Slow Loop in episode 10 there is a Kessoku Band during the festival

Dec 10, 2022 10:10 PM
Sep 2021
It's time for the cultural festival but Bocchi is missing??
I give it 5/10.
Dec 10, 2022 10:12 PM

Jul 2021
seems like this season will end on a high note with bocchi finally achieving her dream to perform in cultural fest.

very fun episode again. 5/5. can't wait to see our bocchi shining during the cultural fest.

went back and saw slow loop ep 10, there really was a bocchi reference there. also didn't notice that those were hiyori and koharu on those keychains until i read the posts. good stuff.
TsutanaiFuunDec 10, 2022 10:20 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 10, 2022 10:37 PM

Feb 2022
The consistency of this anime is unreal. Every episode is a joy to watch and the quality of direction is always fascinating. I really didn't expect it to be so unique.
Definitely the biggest surprise of the year.
Dec 10, 2022 11:54 PM

Oct 2016
How the turn tables, we now got a Slow Loop reference, the Kirara Universe is forming.

I absolutely cannot wait for the culture festival performance. I kind of wish we got a longer performance from Sick Hack, but all is forgiven once they release a full version.

You can really notice how Bocchi is slowly improving herself, you love to see it. Speaking from experience, sometimes all you really need is a little push, it will be uncomfortable at first, but it'll be worth it in the end. They're gonna kill it at the culture festival.
Dec 11, 2022 12:50 AM

Sep 2018
Ferli_21 said:
reference the scream art was make me laugh 😂

I NEED maid costume Bocchi.

The past 3 2 episodes have been a little bit slower, this one is more dense (adapting more chapters?) and feels like a return to form. The last couple were excellent, and I love slice of life comedy in general, but when we get to the band stuff, that's when I get super excited to take in every second of the show. I do appreciate the balance so far - I get disappointed when it feels like a show is rushing through things, but here it feels like some time has really passed and the characters are really getting a chance to know each other better.

I love Hiroi in this episode, the "drunkard's life lessons" trope can get tiresome but they did a good job selling her character this episode. She's the perfect person to get through to Bocchi. Their motivations for joining a band are different - Bocchi wants to be a star, whereas Hiroi wanted to avoid the boring adult life. I think the key to Bocchi's happiness lies more on the Hiroi side. I just hope she doesn't need to turn to alcohol. Yesterday I saw a fanart of Bocchi doing the flex tape salesman meme, and it always makes me sad to think of how most of my favorite anime characters will be doing normal jobs after graduation.

Love her song, though Bocchi's thoughts were talking over it for its short duration.
ClMarshmallowDec 13, 2022 8:06 PM
Dec 11, 2022 2:05 AM
Apr 2022
every damn episode is good
Dec 11, 2022 2:54 AM

Feb 2014
I'm really happy that we got a nice cameo of the Slow Loop duo in the form of keychains. I do miss watching that cute series weekly...

Overall, this episode was another great one. Bocchi's hesitation in submitting a form for her band to play at the school festival was understandable, but I do approve of Kita of doing the deed for Bocchi, as she needed that push in the right direction, which Bocchi was thankful for.

Hiroi got good screentime again and we got to see her own band, where I immediately approve of Eliza as she's from England. Putting that aside, the visual style while they played at the decent-sized venue was nicely done, even though if was rather short. Her addiction too booze and breaking things on a whim is the reason why she's broke most of the time, even though she does earn a good amount of money from her ticket sales. XD
Dec 11, 2022 3:25 AM

Jun 2021
Okay, Hiroi's band fuckin' rules! And the other girls are pretty cute too. I love how the blonde one is just a massive weeb. Hiroi really needs to cut back on the booze tho. It's a bit concerning.

So the school festival is gonna be the last major arc of the show... wait a minute HITORI WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GO?!

EDIT: Oh I just realised the weeb girl in Hiroi's band had keyrings of characters that look like the Slow Loop girls. After hearing that Kessoku Band were in Slow Loop and I didn't even notice, what is the connection between these two shows? Kessoku Band are actual characters in Slow Loop, but Slow Loop is an anime in Bocchi the Rock's universe?! Is it just a Kirara thing? WHAT IS THIS?!
DYNEadvanceDec 11, 2022 3:29 AM
Dec 11, 2022 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was fun af. Hiroi's band concert was really great visually but I wished song would go for a little longer. I wonder what happened with Bocchi, hope she is ok.
Dec 11, 2022 3:40 AM
Jun 2022
very chill episode nothing much doe
Dec 11, 2022 4:51 AM

Jan 2021
Damn, Kikuri’s song was a certified banger. Bruh Bocchi just got King Crimsoned.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Dec 11, 2022 5:03 AM
Oct 2022
Could've been better if the studio animated the psychedelic band live stage scene.

4/5
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2022

471 by paradoxgarden »»
Oct 16, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

766 by WaterMage »»
Oct 7, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

520 by WaterMage »»
Oct 5, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 29, 2022

273 by DonutDorito »»
Sep 9, 8:08 PM

» 4 new songs from the new EP

animelatonina - Sep 5

11 by DecrepidPenguin »»
Sep 9, 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.