Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 14, 2022 11:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
As a manga reader, I think I'm more disappointed with the pacing and cut content than appreciative of the good moments. A lot of shots from the manga didn't translate well enough into the anime too, which is unfortunate.

Just one scene of Raiha the entire movie, literally. Also, the whole scene with the Nakano sisters' blood father was handled too abruptly to leave off any sort of impression, and it's similar to a few other events too. Don't know if it's just a me thing but the sound effects in some scenes felt a little off too. Small drops in animation quality here and there but in general, it was certainly on the better side.

Despite that, though, it had its moments. I went with a couple of friends and talked throughout the movie, so that helped me keep a generally positive impression of the movie. Credits to the team for nailing the whole of Fuutarou's side of the confession scene, that was beautiful! And it was nice to see the girls grown up and living their lives to the fullest.

Kind of tired now, so I'll just cut it short here. Manga was a lot more engaging and that may have hampered a bit of my experience, but the point still stands - I'm going to miss this series and it was nice that I become a part of the Yotsuba train somewhere along the way. Having some extra clarification on her reasoning honestly didn't feel all that complete but I'll take it, lol.

I think I'll stick with a 6/10 for now.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 14, 2022 1:07 PM
Nov 2018
This entire show is a waste of time. Why even spend all this time and energy setting up a romance story when you're just going to throw it down the drain at the end? This author is a charlatan.
Oct 20, 2022 6:35 AM
Mar 2020
Miku saiko!! Love Miku so much. Hope this anime series can continue.
Oct 23, 2022 4:00 PM
Sep 2022
LA verdad el anime le dio un final mas dulce que el manga, lo admito me gusto el final de yotsuba, una obra maestra 10/10 espero esta sea unas de las mejores peliculas
Oct 23, 2022 4:55 PM
Mar 2022
hermosa película
Oct 25, 2022 5:22 PM
Sep 2021
amazing movie, but the pacing is so slow in my opinion
Oct 26, 2022 1:13 PM

Apr 2020
It's a good movie. Sadly I got spoiled on twitter so my enjoyment could have been higher.
8/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Oct 26, 2022 3:22 PM

Feb 2022
Best girl won in the end
Oct 26, 2022 5:19 PM

May 2016
holy shit that was a long movie. shitty ass sub titles who keep saying "he" instead of "She" but anyway. really good movie. good job
Oct 26, 2022 6:12 PM
Mar 2015
Pretty satisfying showing the love between our boi and Yotsuba The bond between the quints really was unbreakable Glad they settled things with their biological father Still hate the its a dream part of the ending
Oct 26, 2022 8:40 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
F*CK YEAH NINO ISN'T GIVING UP LET'S GOOOOOOOO- although not that it matters since the story is over

Knowing who it was going to be beforehand I think definitely helps in allowing you to enjoy this and be less disappointed if Yotsuba didn't happen to be your choice for Fuutaro. While Nino is still my personal favourite (she was the only one to cry at the end when Fuutaro starts addressing each of them.... pain), with Itsuki as a very close second (and in that same scene they literally start arguing like an old married couple...more pain), I think it's very much arguable that Yotsuba is indeed the best match for Fuutaro. While he helped each of the quintuplets during the festival with their problems, Yotsuba was the only one to help him as well. It was just the small act of getting him some food when he needed it, but that's still saying something. She was still hungry herself. She is also the most humble, probably the only one to think she was not good enough to be with Fuutaro. She needed someone to tell herself she is special when she thinks she's not. She was also the one who most needed to learn to not shoulder all the weight, but to rely on others. Yotsuba is the one who needed Fuutaro in her life the most, and who deserved him the most.

Nino is best GIRL, that is rock-solid, 100% indisputable cold hard FACT, but I think that is equally true for how Yotsuba is the one who should be with Fuutaro. Also on somewhat of a side note, I actually really don't buy how all of them have feelings for Fuutaro. Yotsuba imo is the only one who makes their feelings believable. The rest feel like they have it tacked on as an afterthought in their character writing.

At the end of the day it doesn't totally matter who's the one getting married. The important thing is that they are still a close-knit family, Fuutaro now included, growing and learning from each other, and each having each other's back. If it was merely a "WHO'S IT GONNA BE??" type of anime and nothing more, then it'll just fall flat by the end with just some happy Yotsuba fans and some sad and angry Miku, Nino, Itsuki and Ichika(?) fans. But thankfully while that anticipation is certainly the main driving force of this series, it's not absolutely everything it has to offer; it's a little more than that.

We needed more of the quintuplet's mother Rena. Just seeing how she was such a loving mother to them gives you such a bittersweet feeling.

Sure there's a lot of cut content from the manga that would've make this a bit better, more fleshed out (like the grandpa-looking-ass biological dad may have seemed to come out of nowhere), and less disjointed, but it's okay. Not quite enough to receive what is my satisfactory score of a 7, but for what it is, I think it was alright.

6/10

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Oct 27, 2022 12:16 AM
Jan 2020
Motherfucker it looks worse, they should've just done a new season rather than rushing the already rushed ending in movie form just to capitalized on that Demon Slayer money.
Oct 27, 2022 1:52 AM
May 2021
Would have been a 10 if my favorite won but the girl I didn't care about did so 7 out of 10. Idk how to do spoiler tags on mobile but I didn't say names so not really a spoiler.
Oct 27, 2022 1:56 AM

Aug 2017
I did not like the eventual winner here, but I think the ending counts as a harem ending. Which for me is always the best conclusion. Yotsuba throughout had the least chemistry with Fuu-kun. I thought his chemistry with Ichika was sizzling, then Nino, then Miku followed by Itsuki and then last Yotsuba. Ichika and Nino were also more proactive in snagging Fuu-kun. Yotsuba had him friend zoned the entire show, then leaped to first at the end because she was the promised girl from Kyoto. Like Yotsuba couldn't even kiss Fuu-kun while he was conscious.

I also didn't like the side story about the old man dad. So stepdad is taking care of 5 daughters who are not his? Did he even have any relationship with the mom? Was there a sixth sister at some point? Who's Raiha?

I give it a 10 nonetheless, as I gave both seasons. It's the best anime romance and harem out there, in my opinion. The movie was extremely high quality. It blows other harems to bits. I believe it's my favorite anime ever. Fuu-kun has a good life ahead of him with his five hot babe sisters.

pokenate28 said:
Would have been a 10 if my favorite won but the girl I didn't care about did so 7 out of 10. Idk how to do spoiler tags on mobile but I didn't say names so not really a spoiler.

Yeah, didn't like the winner myself. Anyone else would have been better. I don't think spoiler matters unless you're posting something about a future episode.

BetaMaleUltra said:
F*CK YEAH NINO ISN'T GIVING UP LET'S GOOOOOOOO- although not that it matters since the story is over

Yeah none of them are giving up. Fuu-kun is gonna lay the pipe on all of them and have 10 kids.

landofthekwt said:
Pretty satisfying showing the love between our boi and Yotsuba The bond between the quints really was unbreakable Glad they settled things with their biological father Still hate the its a dream part of the ending

It wasn't a dream, he was having a flashback about a prior time when they were pointing to a map and planning a trip.
CarbonMDOct 27, 2022 2:05 AM
Oct 27, 2022 2:07 AM

Aug 2017
BrewderMagno said:
Lousy ending, worse than the manga, all super rushed. The worst girl of all won, a shame because this could have been the best harem anime of the last 20 years and ended up being a mediocre thing, a bigger fail than Nisekoi

Worst girl did win. I still found it my favorite harem and anime ever. What was wrong with Nisekoi? I liked that one very much too.

Ljwatson11 said:
They should have definitely done a third season instead and just had five last episodes with him getting with each of them and that way people could just choose who they wanted to win instead if Midsuba

Omnibus anime are awesome, usually they're preceded by dating sim games like Amagami or Stein's Gate. That would have been phenomenal here. But it didn't go along with the promised girl narrative, I guess.

Anime_Veteran66 said:
i still didn't watch the anime yet let alone a movie

Whatcha waiting for? They're fantastic
CarbonMDOct 27, 2022 2:14 AM
Oct 27, 2022 2:21 AM

Aug 2017
Shamsy said:
The pacing was bound to be meh given run-time, but nah the average tier girl won. Thank god it wasn't shit tier Ichika. Also wtf Nisekoi has one of the best endings in ALL romances ever lmao

I liked Ichika. I thought her romance with Fuu-kun was smoking. Nisekoi kicked butt.

Omnibus or full harem endings are the best.
Oct 27, 2022 2:21 AM
Jun 2017
not a youtsuba fan, but i like the movie overall, character design, story wise and music used here are great...
Oct 27, 2022 2:27 AM

Aug 2017
HydeHD said:
The ending song hit my feelings so hard that I keep listening to it till I cried

Yeah I loved that waltz song in the show, didn't think they would put words to it but it was a great ending. The movie soundtrack was classy and fantastic.
Oct 27, 2022 3:34 AM

Oct 2018
CarbonMD said:
HydeHD said:
The ending song hit my feelings so hard that I keep listening to it till I cried

Yeah I loved that waltz song in the show, didn't think they would put words to it but it was a great ending. The movie soundtrack was classy and fantastic.
I think it's a rendition song of the main theme of the second season. There's a wedding version of Arigatou no Hana that you may found on the official soundtrack. It's quite different from the song though. I like the wedding version than the lyrical version.

Hence,
Arigatou no Hana -Wedding Version- > Season 2 main theme version > Arigatou no Hana lyrical version.

I bought the soundtrack even the movie was crap, while I really like the first two seasons. Still Love Hina, Saekano, and The World God Only Knows are the pillars of Harem genre that are capable to handle a good romcom harem in the past years. Nisekoi and Amagami SS are passable too.
Natsuki_SanJuanOct 27, 2022 4:01 AM

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Oct 27, 2022 3:38 AM

Oct 2018
CarbonMD said:
It's the best anime romance and harem out there, in my opinion. The movie was extremely high quality. It blows other harems to bits.
I think you should check out The World God Only Knows. It's generally or objectively the best Romcom Harem, even though I don't want to admit it because my biggest favorite is Nisekoi. TWGOK really handled the great troupes of harem romcom. Sadly they didn't finish the longest last arc at the anime but the manga is fire.

― Natsume Takashi
Oct 27, 2022 3:52 AM

May 2016
I think they could've handled the series better; a third season would've been superior to a movie. At times the movie felt both rushed and bogged down at the same time. I wish they tinkered with the source material more; BioDad was unnecessary, and I still didn't care for the post confession scenes.

Raiha wasn't in the manga much at the end, but she should've gotten more than a cameo.

They did a good job with Takeyabashi. She was hotter than any of the quints, IMO.

The scenes with Fuu and Yotsuba alone were the best, with Miku's second.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Oct 27, 2022 4:03 AM

Aug 2017
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
I think you should check out The World God Only Knows. It's generally or objectively the best Romcom Harem, even though I don't want to admit it because my biggest favorite is Nisekoi. TWGOK really handled the great troupes of harem romcom. Sadly they didn't finish the longest last arc at the anime but the manga is fire.

Yeah I saw it, it was awesome. I like Gotoubun more still. Loved the idol in Kami Nomi though.

Love Hina was my original favorite anime for many years. Naru Narusegawa, one of the best tsunderes.
Oct 27, 2022 5:42 AM

Oct 2018
CarbonMD said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

Yeah I saw it, it was awesome. I like Gotoubun more still. Loved the idol in Kami Nomi though.

Love Hina was my original favorite anime for many years. Naru Narusegawa, one of the best tsunderes.
Love Hina originated and popularized everything in harem romcoms. The troupes, the coming-of-age childhood promises even the lowkey (Nisekoi and 5-toubun no Hanayome), waifu wars, etc. It's like the father of all harem. Naru is I think the first tsundere waifu in shounen harem.

― Natsume Takashi
Oct 27, 2022 5:54 AM
Dec 2021
Amazing anime!!! I would have liked if Nino won, however its still great!!! Algebraic Topology!!!!!!!!!! Klein bottles!!!
Oct 27, 2022 9:42 AM
Jun 2021
BrewderMagno said:
Lousy ending, worse than the manga, all super rushed. The worst girl of all won, a shame because this could have been the best harem anime of the last 20 years and ended up being a mediocre thing, a bigger fail than Nisekoi

cope harder miku pfp
Oct 27, 2022 12:52 PM

May 2020
honestly not bad i liked it considering how much chapters they had to adapt only thing i could complain about is cut content from the manga but as for ending itself it was batter then the manga imo (basically manga ending was Futarou wakes up and he is like its was all a dream kinda bs they decide where to go on trip thats it -well i know it stands to represent the future kinda thing but still anime made this better imo) as for the winning girl Yotsuba deserved that i liked them all anyways
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Oct 27, 2022 1:10 PM
May 2016
There should've just been a 3rd season. This felt horribly slow and unfocused with how much it had to shift from plotline to plotline. I felt no stakes, was mostly bored, and most of the emotional beats didn't hit since the movie was so cluttered. Which to be fair is also just the fault of the manga sometimes as it also dropped the ball with certain plots like with the blood related father. I know translating Japanese to English subtitles is a hard, thankless job, but the sub gave me a headache from start to finish since it was filled to the brim with sentences that made no sense and characters were constantly using the wrong pronouns which got confusing, sometimes using he and she to describe one character in a single sentence.

Yotsuba's my favorite girl but, just like the manga, the movie didn't convince me that they were the best couple. It is what it is, I'd rather just rewatch the first two seasons and pretend the series concluded there.
Oct 27, 2022 1:50 PM

Apr 2020
I really liked the movie, was surprised that Yostsuba won :( Should of been Miku
Oct 27, 2022 2:02 PM

Feb 2022
good movie and the mc was like multitasking the girls like damm
Oct 27, 2022 3:51 PM
Jan 2022
AUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAFGFHIIIIIUFGGGGGGGGGGFHHHHHHHAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGSH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH
Oct 27, 2022 4:09 PM
Mar 2021
pogpogpogpogpogpogpogpogpogpogpogpogpogpogpogpogpog
Oct 27, 2022 6:41 PM
Nov 2020
Ngl I had the ending spoiled a year ago after the second season ended that Yotsuba had won (since I don't read any mangas and only watch series in general). That made me look at the movie a bit more into perspective and yeah Yotsuba was the one to help out from the start to gather the girls so that Fuutarou could tutor them, she always cared for everyone but not her own happiness and all. I get it and can sympathize.

Truly I think that either Nino or Miku should've won mainly on the fact that they had the most character development in the series. To not only throw away all their character development and growth throughout the series on the sole reason that Yotsuba was the one he met in Kyoto and that she is overly caring about everyone around her but herself is a bit of a shot in the dark.

Although the movie feels rushed I still enjoyed it and was happy for Yotsuba despite a few weird moments and that kiss while Uesugi was half asleep felt a bit forced (At least all aside from Itsuki had the courage to kiss him right then and there on the spot).

My overall evaluation is still 10/10 because it just feels right and of course since it is a harem and all 6 of them are going to the honeymoon together we can all imagine what chaos it will be.
Oct 27, 2022 7:09 PM

Jul 2022
what is the website with the best sub?
Kek

Oct 27, 2022 8:17 PM
Dec 2021
Living as a grade 12 student is pretty hard, but this movie made me regain my swag and now I am ready to compete again! Thanks TQQ!
Oct 27, 2022 8:35 PM
Aug 2016
Well, that movie had nothing but dialogue and not a single second of breathing, it felt like a chore, the characters just never shut up for a second huh.

Amost felt like a visual novel with the way they kept repeating the 3 days with each girl, annoying after the 1st time.

Tiring movie to watch, 2 hours and 15 minutes of non-stop talking and scene rushing from here to there, they really wanted to cram whatever was left from the manga in there.

Don't really care about the girls or the ships, just watched this because had time to watch it. I guess time badly spent.

Anyway, This movie gave me a headache, so 5/10.
Oct 27, 2022 10:01 PM

Sep 2018
I feel like Yotusba was the most neutral and forgiving choice here, probably wouldn't ruffle as many feathers if somebody like Nino or Ichika were chosen. She wasn't my first choice, but I enjoyed all the developments with all five girls, so it isn't really a problem personally. Not as good as the TV show, but satisfying enough. 8/10.
Oct 28, 2022 12:00 AM

Jul 2022
See me here, looking like an idiot after seeing how my fav was not chosen even though I ate the spoiler in the 1st ep of the 1st season xDD (I don't know what I expected HAHAHAHA)

I already had a smile like an idiot when Uesugi opened the door and I saw Itsuki but it was only because they were passing where everyone was hahahahaha

Oct 28, 2022 1:54 AM
Mar 2020
Satisfaction in it's finest, it felt like I'm graduating from my past. My love for this anime the past years were huge, emotions grew and all but now seeing the ending makes me sad but still the satisfaction is there. Thank you so much Gotoubun no Hanayome
Oct 28, 2022 2:37 AM

Aug 2020
reminiscing the what happened in the manga series while watching the movie :(

It was pretty okay movie, the animation is the one thing I really liked but the narration is kind of fast and weird in the movie.

Pretty enjoyable, I somehow will miss this show again huhu T-T

7/10

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Oct 28, 2022 3:56 AM
Dec 2020
I cried 6 times during this movie.
Oct 28, 2022 4:07 AM
Jul 2020
Just watched the movie in cinema with a friend and maaan, definitely worth the watch. Felt bad that during the ichika scene, some were booing and a mf even throw a popcorn HAAHAAHA. And the reaction during the reveal sheesesh. Unfortunately i got spoiled who the winner was year ago, but still a great movie nonetheless, highly doubt that even if I hadn't got spoiled, that my opinion would change

A 9/10 would do, s2 was definitely superior though imo
Oct 28, 2022 6:56 AM

Oct 2021
This is better if it was released in TV format.

Overall, 5/10
Oct 28, 2022 7:03 AM
Jun 2015
Was incredibly rushed. But I guess if it wasn't the movie would have to be 3 hours =D. Could have at least spent some time building up the anticipation for when Fuutarou chose the room. I rate this 9 / 10.
Oct 28, 2022 7:31 AM
Apr 2022
I'll say the script, with the tweaks it made, intertwining Yotsuba story with their confession, was better than the manga, had more impact. But in general, this was insanely rushed, it should have been a whole season, but I get movie format makes more money for the studio. I wish KAORI would have remained as director, I liked the 2nd season designs better, there were a bit tweaked in the movie, the quints looking a bit TOO cute at times, like they were little girls, and all the comedy moments and comedic designs were brushed aside
Oct 28, 2022 7:55 AM
Jan 2020
Miku's festival was the best das all for this movie not more or less
Oct 28, 2022 12:36 PM

Mar 2020
The destination was amazing, but the journey to the end was severely lacking and rushed. This would have benefitted from being a tv series, with changes to the source material to flesh out the characters more. The structure of the movie (and perhaps the manga as well, source readers, let me know if they're the same) was quite terrible, with the part with the five "scenarios" during the festival. As someone who liked the series to begin with, while I do like who won, the journey could have been better.
Oct 28, 2022 2:01 PM
May 2017
It's good but unlike the first time i read the manga, felt underwhelming.

Maybe since they don't bother to change the story ending and worse, rushed it.
Oct 28, 2022 2:44 PM

Jul 2017
Somehow, this was so rushed as an adaptation and yet, felt so sluggish to get through as a movie, especially for the length. The format and the length somehow was a failure in both ways somehow, which was weird to see. Ultimatelly, this is a movie and a series definitely better for me to forget than remember. At least it ended in a conclusive manner with the adaptation.
Oct 28, 2022 3:39 PM

Jan 2021
Damn man it’s over and after investing 2 to 3 years into this series it’s cool to finally see it end the ending was really good at first I didn’t expect Yotsuba to win but ya I liked the way everything ended.
Oct 28, 2022 4:07 PM
Dec 2019
Honestly miku or nino would of been better or just married all 5. L futaro mind set.L sigma.L life. L rizz. L his not even smart enough to marry all 5. #LMOVEMENT
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end ( 1 2 )

Megan1918 - Apr 15

55 by Eclipsemaster »»
Sep 7, 4:14 AM

» The hate on this movie is undeserved

did4375 - Jul 6

21 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 19, 2:58 AM

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

29 by speedranime_ »»
Apr 27, 5:03 AM

» How are you guys coping with your sunken ship? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lafan »»
Mar 30, 11:17 AM

» Quintessential Quintuplets didnt know what to do with Itsuki

onionboys - Nov 26, 2022

29 by Crumb101 »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.