Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Apr 2, 2021 9:13 PM
Dec 2020
Just had to comment on this. I love this anime 🔥👍🏻❤️. The end credits with the line conversations bro they got me feeling so type of way their relationship is special and cute all of the stuff they did together and having a long distance relationship last and get married and a child just Phenomenal.😂🤣🔥👍🏻❤️🙏✌🏼
Apr 7, 2021 9:31 AM

Feb 2019
That was an amazing ride. This episode pulled my heart in so many ways that I thought it was going to get ripped apart. When he said that "she was my first love", I almost got a heart attack right there thinking that they wouldn't get their happy ending.

But thank goodness, they got through it. They got through it and built a life for themselves. That was very heartwarming and beautiful. All those text messages... they sure show how much closer they'd got since they started going out, and as time moved so too did they get closer. I'll need to go and take a look at all the EDs again because I thought all the texts were the same.

「けっこ」 was hilarious.

The final one with a picture of Kotarou, Akane, and their baby left me in an indescribable feeling. That was so wholesome, so beautiful.

This series will leave a hole in my heart for quite some time. If only it had run for a little longer... I'd like to see more of these two, maybe the drawings at the end turned into a full-length anime... One can only dream.

My thanks, gratitude, and admiration to all who worked on this great anime. An easy 9/10 from me. Thank you.
Apr 7, 2021 4:30 PM

Sep 2012
Fun fact that most people probably don't know. The staff behind this show hosted a fake wedding event to celebrate kotaru and akane's wedding. They had a wedding cake with their names <3

The director himself ships the two hard.
FlamingMangosApr 7, 2021 4:36 PM
Apr 9, 2021 7:08 PM
Dec 2018
Happy ending for the two mains, but I thought that the two that had a crush on them were better suited to them. But, obviously, they were never the endgame.

Nicely done, though.
Gab5Apr 9, 2021 7:17 PM
Apr 12, 2021 7:37 PM

Sep 2012
Gab5 said:
Happy ending for the two mains, but I thought that the two that had a crush on them were better suited to them.

Funny you say that because the anime showed us why the side characters weren't suitable for the two MCs. Hira has known Akane for years and yet the dude is clueless of her feelings. Chinatsu on the other hand has too much energy for Azumi. Most of their interactions is just one sided. Both Azumi and Akane are on the same wavelength and they understand each other well.
Apr 13, 2021 4:48 AM
Dec 2018
FlamingMangos said:
Gab5 said:
Happy ending for the two mains, but I thought that the two that had a crush on them were better suited to them.

Funny you say that because the anime showed us why the side characters weren't suitable for the two MCs. Hira has known Akane for years and yet the dude is clueless of her feelings. Chinatsu on the other hand has too much energy for Azumi. Most of their interactions is just one sided. Both Azumi and Akane are on the same wavelength and they understand each other well.

I thought Azumi and Akane had a few misunderstandings of their own. Hira, being into running, meant they had that in common, he was a decent guy. I thought they were all pretty clueless. And Azumi was such a damp squib that someone like Chinatsu seemed to me what a person like him needed. But that was never going to be a starter and it was always obvious how things would play out in the end, so it wasn't as if there was any suspense. They were always meant to be for each other.

Granted, I'm biased because people like Hira and Chinatsu are preferable to me than the other two. Hira wasn't portrayed as the athletic meathead, which I thought was nice, and I always like cheerful and playful characters like Chinatsu, I thought her character, and how straightforward she was, was really nice. I liked the fact that they didn't make the 'others' manipulative creeps like they often do in these stories.
Apr 13, 2021 1:09 PM

Sep 2012
Gab5 said:

I thought Azumi and Akane had a few misunderstandings of their own. Hira, being into running, meant they had that in common, he was a decent guy. I thought they were all pretty clueless. And Azumi was such a damp squib that someone like Chinatsu seemed to me what a person like him needed. But that was never going to be a starter and it was always obvious how things would play out in the end, so it wasn't as if there was any suspense. They were always meant to be for each other.

Don't get me wrong though. Azumi and Akane of course aren't perfect. No couple is perfect. Of course there'll be fights and misunderstandings when at the end of the day, they're very young. They're just way better suited for each other compared to the others.

Gab5 said:

I liked the fact that they didn't make the 'others' manipulative creeps like they often do in these stories.

Eh, one of the things I hated the most in the story is how they handled the confessions of the side characters. They confessed despite knowing that Azumi/Akane are in an established relationship. They already know the answer to their own confessions and yet they did it anyways selflessly. It was so ridiculous and pretty rage inducing since the timing of the confessions just weren't great either. Hira confessed to Akane during a festival when it was suppose to be a really nice date with Azumi. Chinatsu confessed to Azumi when Akane was just about to move away. It just left the most horrible bitter taste imo. It's just something I've never seen in a romance anime before. Usually in romance anime, you have the girl/guy giving up on confessing after finding out the truth but it was just different in Tsuki ga Kirei. It's the first time I've seen this to be honest.
FlamingMangosApr 13, 2021 1:12 PM
Apr 13, 2021 1:13 PM
Dec 2018
FlamingMangos said:
Gab5 said:

Don't get me wrong though. Azumi and Akane of course aren't perfect. No couple is perfect. Of course there'll be fights and misunderstandings when at the end of the day, they're very young. They're just way better suited for each other compared to the others.

Gab5 said:

I liked the fact that they didn't make the 'others' manipulative creeps like they often do in these stories.

Eh, one of the things I hated the most in the story is how they handled the confessions of the side characters. They confessed despite knowing that Azumi/Akane are in an established relationship. They already know the answer to their own confessions and yet they did it anyways selflessly. It was so ridiculous and pretty rage inducing since the timing of the confessions just weren't great either. Hira confessed to Akane during a festival when it was suppose to be a really nice date with Azumi. Chinatsu confessed to Azumi when Akane was just about to move away. It just left the most horrible bitter taste imo. It's just something I've never seen in a romance anime before. Usually in romance anime, you have the girl/guy giving up on confessing after finding out the truth but it was just different in Tsuki ga Kirei. It's the first time I've seen this to be honest.

They could have put the confessions at a better time, for sure. Seemed as if both characters just wanted to get the confessions off their chests so they could move on. I presume her moving away made them both think that there was a chance that their relationship wasn't going to last. But they could have avoided that by having both characters confessing first.
May 3, 2021 1:05 PM

Sep 2012
Darken-san said:
Aww come on, what was that ending...?

I mean, it's good to know that Kotarou and Akane will end up together, but... it feels like they just went lazy there. It would be so much better if they animated a 2nd season showing their lifes in high school and beyond, instead of making that 2-3 minute timeskip.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that the anime was a amazing schoolar romance/slice of life, I hope I can find more animes like this one to watch.

The ending is the opposite of lazy so I don't know what you mean. They revealed that the ED lines from the endings belonged to the MCs and the illustration that goes with it matched it very well. It was very creative and great detail. Not sure why you're expecting them to do a 2nd season of 12 years about their life. That seems very unreasonable and expecting too much. You do realize the anime has already went beyond the usual to make us happy? They really tried hard to tell us everything that happened afterwards so our minds could be at ease. A lot of stories would just end the show at the train scene and leave it open ended. Or they would just do one quick time skip straight to them being married which leaves out a lot of info between what happened between marriage and high school life. It's extremely rare for a romance story to show each year of their lives together until they have a kid. Don't take things for granted and be unreasonably spoiled. We're very very lucky to get this outcome.
FlamingMangosMay 3, 2021 1:10 PM
May 16, 2021 7:46 PM

Dec 2017
One of the cutest things I've ever seen :)
May 23, 2021 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
Hoshimachi said:
One of the cutest things I've ever seen :)

same with me to be honest, this series was wholesome and i loved the MC girl, how she kept herself for him and how sincere she was. This is definitely a rare gem
My Anime List
DropBox <--- best app ever!!!
Jun 4, 2021 1:24 AM

May 2020
A very satisfying and emotional ending, I absolutely loved watching the show, it resonated with me so much. 9/10
Jul 22, 2021 8:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's great how it finished really good, got married and even had a child :)
That was sure cute, even though it's definitely not my kind of show.
Jul 25, 2021 11:20 AM

May 2018
Finally an ending that doesn't suck and is not left open ended!I wonder how the potato plushie survived all those years though :O

6/10
Aug 1, 2021 8:01 AM
Feb 2021
i was genuinely getting second hand embarrassment, but the ending tho, there is more i can say, but I LOVE IT THE LAST EPISODE WAS REALLY IT.
Aug 7, 2021 5:24 AM
Jan 2016
Gotta say I didn't really care for the first half of the show but the second half was good. This episoded sucked though. I get they wanted a more realistic story but real life sucks. I go to anime specifically to get away from reality and see those happy endings that I'll never have. So I'd of prefer if he had gotten in and then we could of gotten a season 2 with highschool life. I did enjoy the credits were we got to see they stuck it out and got married. That was nice.
Aug 13, 2021 1:52 AM

Jul 2020
love the ending, it was really great
Aug 13, 2021 8:33 AM
Aug 2021
Wholesome ending
Sep 1, 2021 11:50 AM
Aug 2021
Definitely One of my fav School romance...Azumi and akane are so adorable even tho Introverts....the Quotes and their youth days made me jealous!! This anime actually deserves better yet so underated.... Wish it had a second season 😢😭
Ren_ReydenSep 1, 2021 11:53 AM
Sep 4, 2021 12:01 AM

Aug 2008
Something reminded me of this show and I decided to watch it again and it might be actually one of very few shows actually liked even more on rewatch. Of course, CG in the background was atrocious, they could just have still drawing background crowds and it would look much better but other than that, it's a really aesthetically pleasing show.

It's probably one of the best romance anime. I completely forgot about this marvelous move with epilogue during last ending credits. It really elevated this show and even for the second time, it left me with a bittersweet feeling of wanting to see how their life was unfolding after she moved. On one hand, it's a brilliantly enclosed story you rarely get even with original anime but on the other, I could see a risky move of making another series showing it actually work. Though, sadly I don't think it was nearly popular enough for it to happen. The usual cardboard cut out tsundere crap or Okada Mari melodrama do better.

Putting that aside, I feel like it was heavily inspired by Shinkai movies. It got me into the mood of watching some older series again instead of trying to find something watchable in the increasingly bland new anime seasons.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 26, 2021 12:32 PM

Aug 2014
There was a lot more I wanted to see about their careers, sensei, the rest of the crew but I guess it was still a very decent watch.

8/10.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 22, 2022 2:52 PM

Jun 2012
Stopped watching this 5 years ago because it was boring but im glad I picked it up again. Them ending up together was satisfying and the problems they both encountered during their relationship is what you'd expect from a typical middle school romance. I liked that they kept I believable.
Feb 8, 2022 10:53 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Fucking second half was leaving me stressed out, but I had seen a picture before of them ending together with a baby, so I was like wtf...
Somehow realistic he ended up not managing to get into her school, the anime really didnt have time for that drama so they gone past it quick, pity that was the conclusion to all his efforts, but he had to try, not giving up and putting the extra effort was good for his growth I m sure.

I think the romance over this anime is relatable, their struggles, even if you have not experienced them, the same way the MC did, you could understand, but seriously those emotes they were using, some were funny, but kids these days are really weirdos. xD

TBH, there is nothing wrong this anime did, that said it did not have that much flair to it, something more eccentric, many will not think this to be a problem, but to me I did like and was invested with the characters, but there was a lot of leeway for me to came to like them even more, be totally into, but that did not happen, I did not find the characters to be that interesting.
The whole ordeal is seeing them slowly developing, but both individually were nothing special, I understand they wanted to go for something realistic, but to me, I came to realize I did not grown as fond as both as I wanted to.

So that is a negative to me, besides while I was relieved they showed us the whole after story, with pics on the credits, with the text going on, and a lovely song to go with, that sure left me pleased, but I think the show could have gone the extra mile and have like a final episode 13, where we would see everything they put there, but animated, given proper screening time. I do feel it would have given an even more sweet conclusion.

But what we got was already way better than most, for a young vanilla romance story, it was way above average, I initially wanted to give it an 8, but the ending even with only the pictures managed to convince me otherwise (feels good, I respect writters that dont want us to imagine, but rather give it to us, most writters from Japan dont do this).

8.5/10 = 9

For an original show focused on romance, this turned out a memorable one, since we are never going to get a sequel, an good ending, not tragic, and that would leave us with some sort of conclusion was a MUST.
Totally achieved, I m left happy after finishing, will go see the specials episode... such a cute ending, really wanted a few more minutes, showing them married and all.

RPWPA said:
There was a lot more I wanted to see about their careers, sensei, the rest of the crew but I guess it was still a very decent watch.

8/10.

Ah yes, considering the dude liked writting that was left out, I guess he couldnt make it work with his writting so had to get a normal job?
What about her? I wanted to get more exposure of their future together and where they ended up with.
PlaycoolFeb 8, 2022 12:21 PM
Mar 14, 2022 1:22 PM

Jan 2021
For the first time of 2 years, it's the first anime I literally cried for like 20mins because of the most wholesome ending I have experienced, even though I became a loner and an anti-lover. 😭
HydeHDMar 19, 2022 4:21 AM
Mar 15, 2022 10:59 AM
Aug 2021
The Ending Music by Nao Touyama and Kotarou's confession ...' Daiisuki daaaa ' gets me every time...... What a masterpiece.... it's definitely one of fav underated school romcoms... Kotarou n Mizuno's farewell was so 😭😭😭.... reminds me of Tamako Love Story....Dayumm!!
Mar 28, 2022 7:22 AM
Dec 2021
In the real world they would either break up a few months from then or divorce in their late thirties.
Apr 27, 2022 5:26 AM

Dec 2014
A successful LDR...that spanned over decade. Luckily the inclusion of one special song(Hatsukoi - Kozo Murashita) helped me enjoy it to its fullest by overcoming the cynical part of me.

All the ED chats were spoiler..didn't see that coming either. Further the side character stories made it even better.

May 17, 2022 4:00 AM

Apr 2021
Old fart here.
I was not convinced the first time I watched it but strangely had memories coming back that I was sure were from another show. In the end, I just decided to rewatch the whole and liked it very much.
There are some things that I dislike: unnecessary drama here and there, not convinced by the cheesy music, some unrealistic situation (even at 15, you just don't hear the girl you love say that she only brings trouble to you without reacting).
But for the most, I found many good things in it.
The voice acting for a first : Akane's voice is so great, slow and unsure, could be consider a bit moronic from people who do not know her character. The acting in the attraction park or during the festival is just perfect for me. I also loved the acting of her friends, this group of loud, a bit pushy even bullying ladies: the scene at the attraction park when Hira comes to ask them if Akane has a boyfriend and they outrageously react makes me laugh every time. Other were great too but the ladies definitely won the top for me.
Characters were good of course: Akane and Koutaro of course, but all the others too, there are none that I actually disliked. I wish they had developed Koutaro's relationship with Roman and Daichi a bit more, they seem to be very good listeners and Roman seem to be very good at reading people and showing empathy. There could have been nice talks between them instead of the unnecessary competition. I understand why some people find Akane and Koutaro a bit bland, this is a show about two introverted teenagers falling in love, don't expect anything more or less.
I particularly liked the scene where Akane attends to Kotarou's dance rehearsal. I believe it's a turning point in their relationship. Until then, he was the typical boyfriend from school you can't really explain why you like him. With this scene, I think she realize he really is someone special and that there are things about him she can be proud of. I feel it's when a school crush became a real love. There are many other good scenes of course, but this one stands out for me.
Definitely glad I rewatched it.
rvdboomJun 9, 2022 4:49 AM
Jun 8, 2022 7:42 PM

Sep 2012
oooo3333 said:

Negatives:

- I just never saw why did the female MC liked the male MC. I can see why the male MC liked the female MC, because shes a cute girl and not a beatch, however, I cannot see why the female MC or Chinatsu liked the male MC (hes just ok looking and nothing special). In the real world, the male MC would have been invisible to them.

I find this insulting and shallow to say about Kotaru. How would he be invisible in the real world? He actually took advantage of opportunities and even asked the girl he liked to go out with him. He had to put the effort to make things work out and you're just ignoring that? I find him very respectable and I wish I had the same kind of guts as he does. I'm gonna say it right here but Akane is more lucky to have someone like Kotaru than Kotaru is. The length Kotaru went to show his love is just incredible and I think everyone wishes they had someone who loved them this much.
FlamingMangosJun 8, 2022 7:49 PM
Jun 9, 2022 2:50 PM

Aug 2014
FlamingMangos said:
oooo3333 said:

Negatives:

- I just never saw why did the female MC liked the male MC. I can see why the male MC liked the female MC, because shes a cute girl and not a beatch, however, I cannot see why the female MC or Chinatsu liked the male MC (hes just ok looking and nothing special). In the real world, the male MC would have been invisible to them.

I find this insulting and shallow to say about Kotaru. How would he be invisible in the real world? He actually took advantage of opportunities and even asked the girl he liked to go out with him. He had to put the effort to make things work out and you're just ignoring that? I find him very respectable and I wish I had the same kind of guts as he does. I'm gonna say it right here but Akane is more lucky to have someone like Kotaru than Kotaru is. The length Kotaru went to show his love is just incredible and I think everyone wishes they had someone who loved them this much.

I also do find it respectable that Kotaru had guts to make a move and ask out the girl he was crushing on. As a man, yes, I do respect that. And yes, Akane is very lucky to have a great guy as Kotaru as her boyfriend.

But in the real world, especially considering their middle school age, no way that a cute popular girl like Akane or a cute popular girl like Chinatsu would crush on a guy that looks like Kotaru just because he works hard and makes effort. And if we want to look at it from a non-shallow perspective, then no way that those two girls would pick the bookworm guy as a crush or as a boyfriend, especially when they have popular athlete guys around them..
Jun 9, 2022 2:59 PM

Sep 2012
oooo3333 said:
FlamingMangos said:

I also do find it respectable that Kotaru had guts to make a move and ask out the girl he was crushing on. As a man, yes, I do respect that. And yes, Akane is very lucky to have a great guy as Kotaru as her boyfriend.

But in the real world, especially considering their middle school age, no way that a cute popular girl like Akane or a cute popular girl like Chinatsu would crush on a guy that looks like Kotaru just because he works hard and makes effort. And if we want to look at it from a non-shallow perspective, then no way that those two girls would pick the bookworm guy as a crush or as a boyfriend, especially when they have popular athlete guys around them.

Akane isn’t even popular. She has to force herself in a crowd that she doesn’t even belong to. She’s a huge introvert and the so called popular athletic guy doesn’t even fit her as you can clearly tell if you watched the show. They’re not compatible while Kotaru is a great match. This is what matters.

In the show, they never made Akane to be this popular out of reach girl. Same for Chinatsu. You have a very swallow view of how love works and it’s very sad. Even if girls are popular and attractive, they’re human beings who really can’t choose who they fall in love. It just happens.
FlamingMangosJun 13, 2022 2:01 AM
Jun 14, 2022 4:16 AM
Jun 2022
Love triangle outstayed it's welcome for me, and unnecessary.

I did like the happy-ever-after story at the end, but as teased in episode 1 if they want to stick to 'realism' they either go for the 'happy end' or the 'Shinkai end'. Not setup the latter and then pull the former out of the bag right at the end.
Jun 14, 2022 7:32 PM

Sep 2012
dograzor said:

I did like the happy-ever-after story at the end, but as teased in episode 1 if they want to stick to 'realism' they either go for the 'happy end' or the 'Shinkai end'. Not setup the latter and then pull the former out of the bag right at the end.

Love triangles, I think are always garbage. Always unnecessary lazy drama.
Aug 18, 2022 2:26 AM
Feb 2020
oooo3333 said:
FlamingMangos said:

But in the real world, especially considering their middle school age, no way that a cute popular girl like Akane or a cute popular girl like Chinatsu would crush on a guy that looks like Kotaru just because he works hard and makes effort. And if we want to look at it from a non-shallow perspective, then no way that those two girls would pick the bookworm guy as a crush or as a boyfriend, especially when they have popular athlete guys around them..

no,u are wrong,why? nothing personal but this is what u and many other here misunderstand or just not paying attention while watching this,u said "theres no way these girls choose this shy/quiet bookworm",YES they will not choose the shy bookworm "WHO HIDE IN A LIBRARY 24/7", but is kotarou like that? NO, he is not hiding in library 24/7, he isnt "avoiding" girls like many other bookworm/quiet guy,no, he talk to akane, come to her and confessed his feeling, he talk with chinatsu easily to the point chinatsu is "interested" to him, so they like kotarou is actually make sense. remember, koutarou is not some "loner otaku/nerd bookworm who hide in the corner doing NOTHING than read a book".he want to get laid,he talk to a girl,thats the first step which many bookworm/otaku in anime never do.

And the most important thing about koutarou that many people dont understand that koutarou is shy/quiet guy,he is a boy with few words,but he is not some beta anti social otaku/bookworm,no,and he is not a coward either,he is a guy who when he focus on something he will do it,he will stand for it,meanwhile the "alpha popular hira" that u may think more "realistic" for both chinatsu and akane to fall for is the "BETA wishy washy sore loser" who have 3 years but did nothing,and after losing akane saying "he is better than koutarou and akane should choose him not koutarou".

dograzor said:

this anime is "shinkai 5 cm done right",why? remember 5 cm per second? its so stupidly unreallistic,like look at koutarou and shinkai mc,both have their girl moved away,but they are in japan,they still can go meet the girl with "effort",need money? well go work part time,now koutarou reallisticly did what he promise,while 5cm shinkai mc,being a dumbass who did nothing,and surprised he got ntred while he deserved that.
Aug 18, 2022 9:36 PM
Jun 2022
zerokarasu said:

dograzor said:

this anime is "shinkai 5 cm done right",why? remember 5 cm per second? its so stupidly unreallistic,like look at koutarou and shinkai mc,both have their girl moved away,but they are in japan,they still can go meet the girl with "effort",need money? well go work part time,now koutarou reallisticly did what he promise,while 5cm shinkai mc,being a dumbass who did nothing,and surprised he got ntred while he deserved that.

The impending physical distance and the practicalities of travelling was only one problem; growing emotional distance was (realistically) a bigger problem the episode was setting up - they were not talking it out, in contrast to the rest of the show - along with the symbolism of leaves drifting together in the river before separating, and more forced drama stretching out the love square with Chinatsu's confession and Akane keeping her post-move options open with Hira (continuing his Ep9 'track meets' play) at the graduation. Fairytale ending is fine and a big emotional moment for sure, but there are a lot more dots to join between that and what has been setup throughout the episode.

5cm/Sec: Tanageshima to Iwafune is 2 flights, or a ferry + flight, then multiple train trips...not unrealistic at all that neither party tried, or even promised.
Aug 24, 2022 8:19 PM

Sep 2012
dograzor said:
zerokarasu said:

The impending physical distance and the practicalities of travelling was only one problem; growing emotional distance was (realistically) a bigger problem the episode was setting up - they were not talking it out, in contrast to the rest of the show - along with the symbolism of leaves drifting together in the river before separating, and more forced drama stretching out the love square with Chinatsu's confession and Akane keeping her post-move options open with Hira (continuing his Ep9 'track meets' play) at the graduation. Fairytale ending is fine and a big emotional moment for sure, but there are a lot more dots to join between that and what has been setup throughout the episode.

5cm/Sec: Tanageshima to Iwafune is 2 flights, or a ferry + flight, then multiple train trips...not unrealistic at all that neither party tried, or even promised.

Just because it makes more sense for a specific outcome to happen doesn't mean it should or will. That just makes storytelling more predictable and boring. I don't think anyone can confidently say they expected things to go really well at the end of Tsuki ga Kirei. I'm pretty sure everyone was at their edge of their seat. Unpredictability is a beauty in life as it helps push people to be better and do more. Imagine if doctors didn't become doctors because of the unlikely hood of becoming one. I think you should be focusing more on the really meaningful moments rather than the quantity of bad signs. Like Kotaru writing about Akane or how Akane ended up keeping the potato plushie that was meant to be left behind so she could leave her relationship behind. The two characters didn't give up.

I don't even think the ending is that much of a fairy tail. It's quite bittersweet. A fairy tail relationship would be two childhood friends who become lovers and are together until marriage. Akane and Kotarou both live far from each other so they won't be able to enjoy the high school life together and just everything is much more difficult for their relationship. It requires a huge amount of dedication and effort and we do see that there's difficulties in their long distance relationship from the epilogue.
FlamingMangosAug 24, 2022 8:32 PM
Sep 18, 2022 7:21 PM
Jan 2022
OK not review i didnt watch it cause of a review i saw that said its more aimed for younger audience and he was right first episode in there too innocent was looking for more mature style romance like highchool type or college
Sep 22, 2022 5:16 PM
Jul 2022
Tenían razón cuando dijeron que el anime era bastante real, el anime representa gráficamente la experiencia del primer amor. Puede avanzar algo lento pero es demasiado lindo y tierno todo; y el final es conmovedor te vuelve el corazón una masita lit pero bueno muy lindo todo coño, si pueden vean el anime con alguien especial como lo hice yo, es una experiencia distinta <3.
Oct 20, 2022 4:25 PM
Nov 2020
It is a series that does not lack to talk about any issue, it delves into all the topics in relation to personal growth in adolescence, affective relationships and conflicts around human ties, all this makes it a spectacular series. With very well developed characters and ideal music in each situation, I could not give it a rating by number, it is simply beautiful and comforting.
Nov 13, 2022 10:41 PM

Oct 2022
It was a really nice touch to see the end credit epilogue.  The success of their relationship despite adversity truly gave me the most satisfaction I've had. I couldn't really ask for more.

10/10
Dec 1, 2022 5:09 AM
Apr 2021
was good, i feel like the end could have possibly been made into an episode 13 but it makes sense why it wasn't. good ending although i still can't wrap my head around the 3d animation
Dec 7, 2022 11:32 PM
Nov 2013
I don't usually post in MAL but I'm wishing for OVAs for the other character that appeared in short stories. Particularly Shouko x Roman.

There are definitely more anime out there with vague, inconclusive and open ended endings. Tsuki ga Kirei is a nice and refreshing anime to watch amidst all that.
Dec 15, 2022 6:27 PM
Apr 2018
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAT
Dec 20, 2022 8:37 PM

Sep 2019
10/10

The best romance anime period.
C6R5 Raiden
Jan 16, 2023 7:19 AM

Jul 2022
"To think someone I loved would love me back... I thought it must have been a miracle."

PUTO ANIME HERMOSO LPTM, lo vi hace 5 años pero no me acordaba de nada y ahora cuando vio la portada no me llamó la atención verlo, pero ahora que lo he visto... que imbécil fui al pensar eso, ¿la portada/diseño de personajes? a la mierda. Pocas veces juzgo un anime asi, pero estaba muy equivocado. QUE HERMOSO

Mar 4, 2023 10:15 PM
Mar 2023
BEST ANIME ROMANCE OFF ALL TIME IMO.
Mar 5, 2023 3:37 AM
Mar 2022
This Anime is so romantic.
Mar 9, 2023 10:39 PM

Aug 2014
Positives:

- The atmosphere gets you captivated in the anime.

- This anime takes itself serious, even for a middle school romance anime.

- Its easy to get immersed in the story.

- You get to see the romance from both of the MC's perspective. In anime, its usually from one side more than the other.

- I never found the two main characters to be bland, as many claims that they have. They were a bit passive, but they were not bland nor boring.

- The anime made sure to never be annoying.

- There is a lot of realism in this anime, in how even though they are a couple, they are not friends, meaning, you never see them interacting with each other's social circle or how they can never interact when other people they know are around. There is also the constant texting you see in couples.

- This might be the only romance anime where I dont find anything appealing about the two main characters, yet, I still wanted to see their journey throughout the anime.

Negatives:

- I just never saw why did the female MC liked the male MC, and Im talking from a realistic point of view, and not an anime point of view, since this anime prides itself in realism. .   I can see why the male MC liked the female MC, because shes a cute girl and not a beatch, however, I cannot see why the female MC (or Chinatsu) liked the male MC. In the real world, the male MC would have been invisible to both the female MC and Chinatsu, mainly since Tthe male MC is not tall, nor he is special in the looks department, nor he is popular, while the female MC and Chinatsu are both pretty and popular. 

- Why in the world is the female MC a person who lacks confidence? Why is she shy?  There is nothing about her life the way its going in terms of popularity that would make her shy. She is in a sports club, with people watching her, with lots of popular female friends, and popular athletes crushing on her.  It makes absolutely no sense for her to be shy with lack of confidence.  The only reason why she was given this personality is so that the male MC wouldnt feel intimidated if he had to approach her and date her.  It would have only been realistic if she had actually been in a non-popular-club (like the male MC was in), and then the romance between the male MC and female MC would have made sense. 

- Its a middle school anime, being in 9th grade, HOWEVER, the two MC's and Chinatsu look like they belong in 7th grade, if not even younger. All the other side characters look their age. I guess they did this to make the MC's look innocent for their middle-school-romance theme, since if they looked older, the anime might be too cringy to take serious.

- The first 3 episodes are dull.   The final episode is soap-opera corny. 

- This anime shines when the two MC's are interacting solo with one-another, whether in person or via text; they have great chemistry with one another. But when the two MC's are interacting with other people, this anime loses its spark, mainly because the MC'S passive personality dont click well with the other non-passive characters. 

Overall, this anime is one of the best serious-romance animes out there as of the date of this comment of mines, mainly due to the presentation of the anime, and of course, if you accept and dont let it bother you that this is an anime about the first romance of 9th-grade middle schoolers.

But with all ive said above, this anime is still an enjoyable anime.
oooo3333Jul 29, 2023 7:14 PM
Mar 27, 2023 4:47 AM
Sep 2017
Just rewatched the entire season over the last 2 days. Still top and made my tear up even when I knew it was a happy ending :')
Mar 28, 2023 6:22 PM
Sep 2022
Not gonna lie, I was bored out of my mind watching the first episode. But I’m so glad I stuck with it. This is by far my favorite ending of any romance anime I’ve ever seen.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

98 by KamiKazee »»
Aug 10, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

160 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

195 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 3, 5:37 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

177 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 2, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

180 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 1, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.