Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 10 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 23, 2022 1:15 AM
Jun 2022
Fucking boring episode. Jesus you just literally let that Jura shit blabbing for whole EP. The satisfying is that shit bell just bite the dust (temporary but it's good).
Sep 23, 2022 1:15 AM
May 2021
Was the first 15 minutes of the episode bad? yes. The last bit? Good!.
Sep 23, 2022 1:26 AM
Sep 2020
brutal, desperation was very well applied
Sep 23, 2022 1:34 AM

Sep 2020
Holy, what an episode! That chat that took up most of the episode was informative, but I don't think it had to be that long. The ending on the other side was a banger: the Juggernaut monster, which can't be defeated by anyone, massacring everyone, Bell getting totally outmatched, and the intense building up for the next episode. It will be interesting to see how they help him and what they'll do against the Juggernaut.
Sep 23, 2022 2:51 AM

Aug 2013
I wasn't expecting this episode to be so brutal, and the way Bell was taken down was shocking.

They should have taken down Jura when they had the chance.

Sep 23, 2022 3:24 AM
Jan 2019
bad story design for this episode. It takes 2 seconds to kill the guy and nobody did it. Anime braindead decisions in a nutshell.
Sep 23, 2022 3:44 AM

Feb 2014
16 innocent confirmed kills (at least 3 more unconfirmed) just because Bell stopped Lion from killing Jura, if he is praised by his heroic deeds, he should be held accountable for allowing that to happen when he spared Jura.
Sep 23, 2022 3:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That guy is f*cked up, summoning that Juggernaut monster to tame him he'll just get killed by it anyway, but that Bell vs Juggernaut battle..WTF, I didn't expect that end at all, I doubt Bell is dead but he lost his arm in any case, omg
Sep 23, 2022 4:40 AM

Mar 2015
Dodgeyyyy said:
OHHHH MY WORD, THEYVE GIVEN ME EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED AND DID IT PROPERLY
if you wanted bell dead they most probably gonna take it away next episode
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Sep 23, 2022 4:50 AM
Aug 2021
they didn't have to do my boy like that, come oooooon. it's a penultimate episode so it's obvious there was gonna be more dialog than normal. I think this is still better than the latter half of season 3 but like FUCK they didn't have to do me dirty with that cliffhanger
Sep 23, 2022 5:13 AM
Oct 2014
woah this episode was fire lol
Dan Machi being one of those trash taste that i really enjoy i never expected to get this surprised out of an episode.
can't wait to see what follows
Sep 23, 2022 5:25 AM

Nov 2013
FUCKING TRASH EPISODE

apart from the fight part and maybe a couple other minutes, all i wanted was this episode to end... holy fuck, why do i need to listen to that piece of crap talking for 10 minutes?, just fucking killing, or at least take the item away from him so he doesn't actually have a chance of taming the monster... Jesus Christ...

ok that fight part tho, there's no way in hell that Bell would die, right? dafuq? wonder if they will revive him and restore his arm, or if he actually will be gone ...

i mean, we still have plenty of other characters that could be the main character, like Aiz and Lefiya (like we had before) , Aisha, or even Hestia familia, but hard to believe they would actually kill him
winddevil1Sep 23, 2022 5:30 AM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 23, 2022 5:51 AM
Jun 2017
juggernaut is just too quick that Bell is having a hard time dealing with it... looking forward to its final episode
Sep 23, 2022 5:59 AM
Jul 2021
pasanoid said:
Dodgeyyyy said:
OHHHH MY WORD, THEYVE GIVEN ME EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED AND DID IT PROPERLY
I hate you people on here sometimes
Sep 23, 2022 6:00 AM

Jun 2016
RIP that dumb white hair MC !!

he think he can beat that boss and optimizely !!

Sep 23, 2022 6:19 AM
Jan 2018
very well executet episode
Sep 23, 2022 6:25 AM
Oct 2016
I don't think I'm going to like the next episode, not because of bell cranel is hurt or something like that...

But because I'm 95% sure that there will be an annoying plot armor in the next episode, you know, the power of friendship or some sh*t

I like watching shounen, but the ridiculous plot armor is the thing I dislike the most about shounens
Sep 23, 2022 6:51 AM
Mar 2021
I was going to complain how can Bell not retain or put two and two information that was repeatedly mentioned by other characters in previous episodes together…but he just lost an arm so I’ll cut him some slack I guess…
WataruAoki2Sep 23, 2022 7:01 AM
Sep 23, 2022 6:52 AM

Oct 2008
YES! This is the end of our Bell! lolz such a naive brat! look what happened?!? lost his right arm and whiplashed his neck! that gonna hurt beyond comprehension!
5/5.

Sep 23, 2022 8:50 AM
May 2019
Half of the episode has gone in BLA BLA BLA but at least we see the Juggernaut how strong he is !!!!
Bell will be rescued by the mermaid that's for sure , but what will happen next , he can't defeat this monster by himself ! let's wait and see the final episode
Sep 23, 2022 9:05 AM
Jan 2019
The typical stupid villain speech explaining his whole plan, while he is basically already defeated. Bell and Ryu are just standing there for half an hour... Just take away his fucking whip or kill him... wtf

this episode was so frustrating...
Sep 23, 2022 11:29 AM

Mar 2015
Dodgeyyyy said:
pasanoid said:
I hate you people on here sometimes
if its only sometimes I don't rly mind ;)
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Sep 23, 2022 12:06 PM
Mar 2015
Pretty much liked everything except that fucking Jura wont stop giving a speech for 2 hours, and he should be dead long time. ZZZ
Sep 23, 2022 12:28 PM
Aug 2021
90% of the episode was a waste of time... at least the episode ended on high note for next week.
Sep 23, 2022 12:32 PM

Jul 2015
I love that if ya again watch the episode and read dialogues.. Bell literally.. and i mean literally repeats the same sentences and the flashbacks that we already fucking know for last few eps..
The evil dude constant dialogues pissed me off so fucking much.. what the fuck is this LMAO

The Juggernaut scenes were brutal and hype! that is true 100% but for fuck sake.. it would have been more hype if they didn't wasted first 70% of the episode annoying me to the death..
God I hope Bell stays dead..
Sep 23, 2022 1:28 PM
Jun 2020
Bell's attitude seems stupid to me, always thinking that he knows more than everyone and doubting Ryu.
Sep 23, 2022 1:52 PM

Feb 2018
They've been hyping this monster up so much recently, so if somehow no one dies from it... that would make this whole season a complete joke. What happened to bell as well, we know he is the main mc and has plot armour, so putting him in this situation is just going to suck even more when he is revived and brought back to normal like nothing happened.
Sep 23, 2022 2:05 PM
Dec 2016
Fucking cringey... Dragging the momentum. Filler.

And Bell being a little mentally challenged.
Sep 23, 2022 5:08 PM
Jun 2021
AkeZZZ said:
They should kill that fu..ing Jura at first glance. But, they have not and let him brag for half of the entire episode. Just kill him. The situation was obvious that what was Jura want from that monster and Bell did not notice anything about it. Jura needed to describe everything about his plan to him. Why are you so this dumb, Bell Cranel? Come on.... Bell Cranel stop your dumb heroic thoughts and look at the reality.
The plot needed him alive to tell what's going on
Sep 23, 2022 5:14 PM
Jun 2020
Can I just say that Daphne is an absolute ass for constantly convincing Cassandra that she's insane for having visions. Like what the hell is wrong with her gaslighting someone who's supposed to be her friend. Because I refuse to believe that this is the first time Cassandra has mentioned this and by nature of her power they must have come true before so why is Daphne so adamant.
Sep 23, 2022 7:38 PM

Sep 2013
If only they put actual substance instead of wasting half the episode listening to insults from that guy, before Juggernaut clearly decides not to kill Bell instantly like everyone else, but instead chops off his hand (not his head) into the river, then bumps his neck (2nd time not chopping it off), dropping him right by the river where his mermaid gf will probably bring back his hand and revive him.

Next, because Juggernaut was immune to firebolt with that magic barrier, the Laughing Coffin guy's magic whip is probably going to fail and he will die, but the main crew will survive (maybe one of them will die).because main characters.

Will be fun to see that play out. And if my comment gets deleted, my guesses are probably correct.
Sep 23, 2022 9:18 PM

Mar 2013
Our hero simply just got obviously trashed, that was horrible to watch. I already know how he will be healed later but I don't care, I need the next episode now! lmao

Ryu's horrified sight was simply gap moe...

Bell will be having less girls to pick up from after that boneheaded foe killed most of the girls inside the dungeon RIP and its speed was terrifyingly fast, it's probably a monster that can be compared to a level 6 or 7 adventurer or it's probably stronger than that... I can't wait!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 23, 2022 9:18 PM

Jan 2011
the fuck danmachi this ant what i'm here to see
Sep 23, 2022 10:16 PM

Jul 2017
Do I really need to hear about how the Familia got lured into a trap for 15 mins?
Sep 23, 2022 10:17 PM
Nov 2015
Hahahaha reading all of this comment in here saying about "bell will be saved by plot armor in next episode" and "mermaid will healed him" really made my day.
HAHAHAHAHA NICE JOKE MF, WAIT UNTIL YOU KNOW THE TRUTH ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 23, 2022 10:19 PM

Apr 2019
Bell needed that beatdown imo
Sep 24, 2022 2:13 AM

Feb 2018
Ayo Bell got whooped. Let's see how he resurrects with the power of friendship next episode lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Sep 24, 2022 5:05 AM
Oct 2019
omg this ain't PG-13 anymore boy...
it was so Brutal, Body flying split in half...

Despair Time!!

and we only have one episode left for first cour? damn we definitely gonna leave with huge cliffhanger.
Sep 24, 2022 6:41 AM
Jan 2017
LMAO
finally there some comedy scene on this anime.,,
at first i feel sick when they keep chit chat each other again the enemy,,
and yeah the monster came out then funny scene began, its destroy the people very easly,, and its funny to see bell hand been cut and his neck damage,,
i hope u died bell but i know that not gonna be happen since he was the anime MC,,
i wonder how the plot armor that he had in next eps,,
good comedy make ma laught hard
Sep 24, 2022 9:33 AM

Mar 2020
honestly what a fucking annoying episode, minutes and minutes of monologue and 3 minutes of action, jesus fucking crist
Sep 24, 2022 9:38 AM

Apr 2017
So like... Bell died. That's pretty cool, different I mean. I like how they showed the light of his eyes fade out instead of the usual cheap ass closing of the eyes.
I had a feeling the mermaid introduction was foreshadowing some miraculous healing. Can't wait for the next episode.

Sep 24, 2022 9:52 AM
Sep 2022
I don't get why half these people are complaining about Jura's dialogue. He was clearly the mouthpiece of the author to describe to the viewer "what is the juggernaut?", "How one's able to summon it?" "Astrea familia's history and death" "Ryu's reasons for revenge and justice", etc.

If you don't care for the plot and just want to get to the action, you should probably watch p0r* because of your shorter attention span.

Anyways, the subtitles really suck because when Ryu was trying to stop Bell from going after the calamity, she clearly says "Anata Tatakata.." which in my limited Japanese vocab translates to "If you try to fight..". This shows her actual care for Bell and not wanting to see him get killed on a personal level and is LN accurate. Instead they generalized it to "Fighting it is a death sentence" which sounds very impersonal. I don't know how many mistranslations they have done but they are robbing the anime viewers of Ryu's love for Bell imo because in the LN she literally pulled him to stop him from going. I hope the dub cast doesn't just blindly follow the subtitles and has an actual Japanese speaker or a LN reader for directions.
Sep 24, 2022 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
eglepe said:
At least Bell finally got punished for being a moron. Too bad the mermaid is probably gonna resurrect him

i mean it would be more moronic to run and let his friends die no?

That sorta situation is be an idiot and run or be an idiot and fight you ain't winning.
Sep 24, 2022 10:10 AM

Jul 2015
Inexplicable said:
oops Bell Cranel wasted. I wonder what kind of miracle will bring him back to life

The one thing that insanely pissed me off in this episode was this: why tf did Bell and Ryu stand there for 15 damn minutes listening to a completely defenseless one-eared, one-armed(!) guy mocking them?? If they'd killed him right away they at least would've made sure that guy wouldn't tame the beast.

Overall, it was a pretty intense and emotional episode, I can't wait to see how this season/cour/whatever ends

I hope they don't because i will be disappointed with that kind of writing there is no reason to kill him off not by Ryuu or Bell atleast there is a reason Bell didn't let Ryuu kill him and letting her do so would just fuck over her character arc.
Sep 24, 2022 10:16 AM

Aug 2018
RyuRabbit said:
eglepe said:
At least Bell finally got punished for being a moron. Too bad the mermaid is probably gonna resurrect him

i mean it would be more moronic to run and let his friends die no?

That sorta situation is be an idiot and run or be an idiot and fight you ain't winning.
I mean for saving the asshole monster tamer guy and then letting him monologue for half an episode without doing anything
Sep 24, 2022 11:57 AM
Jul 2016
Funny how everyone thinks MC's plot armor activates and everything gets resolved in the next episode lmao. Season ends in a brutal cliffhanger.
Sep 24, 2022 1:09 PM

Aug 2009
they went full gore on this one lmao.... i loved it, my only complain is that they let jura talk too much....
Sep 24, 2022 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
I thought the monster would be more sinister

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Sep 24, 2022 5:07 PM
Mar 2019
It's a wonderful episode, in fact, the most wonderful in the entirety of the anime. I just loved it, especially its ending. Great work, satisfaction in its purest form.
Sep 24, 2022 5:38 PM
Jun 2022
Woah man, I wonder if Wallenwhatsit is protag now. Jokes aside, I enjoy unexpected events, but I also enjoy logic so when they didn’t kill Jura, at least something came out of it. RIP sweet hunter lady, I barely knew ye.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

228 by AnchientProphet2 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

102 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

67 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

81 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

110 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.