Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 29, 2017 5:28 AM

Dec 2010
GangsterCat said:
chinese cartoon, that was quite good featuring washed up veteran BurNIng-GOD. but how is a grindy MMORPG an e-sports?
and burning just won DAC, pretty nice coincidence.
Some games are trying to pull it off recently.

Anyways, the episode was ok, but the CGI was making me hurt. Those CGI people in the cafe, man..
Jan 23, 2018 2:15 PM
Jan 2017
Cgi parts aside, I actually really liked this episode, this seems to be quite a good anime
Feb 17, 2018 9:08 PM

Sep 2013
Much better than I expected. I probably never would have given this a chance if it didn't help fulfill a category on the 2018 AWC. I'm glad I found it!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 9, 2018 4:28 PM

Mar 2015
Oh this is my first ever anime with mandarin dialogue. It's a bit awkward since it's one of the spoken languages where I'm from, but this mainland Chinese accent is definitely noticeable.

Still gonna watch it all, of course!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 3, 2018 3:57 AM

Sep 2011
What a badass of taking all the loots.

May 1, 2018 9:43 AM

Feb 2018
Hearing Chinese instead of Japanese is really distracting.
Sep 11, 2018 5:49 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
xShinigami3125 said:
Hearing Chinese instead of Japanese is really distracting.

LOL...... I sort of had the same feeling. Mine was that even though I don't speak Japanese, I feel comfortable around it in anime. Chinese reminds me of how little I am around anything except the American staples.....English.....Spanish....French

Nice episode and art. This appears to be a nice easy to watch anime.
Jan 15, 2019 12:10 PM

Aug 2017
Mmmm, a chinese show. Weird but the first episode was very good, I guess.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 11, 2019 8:47 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
Ah yes, a Chinese cartoon. I really have to get used to it since from how it seems, they talk even faster than the Japanese language.

Damn, they get straight into the plot, actually, too quickly, but well, this is a new beginning for the MC, so what happens after is what's important.

Wait, how does an MMORPG game have an e-sport? Does it have some kind of tournament things or something?

I actually like how they used CGI during certain scenes on certain objects to make their movements and even their appearance look more realistic.

I love seeing and feeling the atmosphere of a net cafe full of gamers eagerly anticipating the countdown of a new game/server being opened at midnight!
Feb 14, 2019 6:46 PM
Nov 2015
I was wondering if someone would clarify a few things.

That main thing that has be confused is exactly what is job/relationship with the girl he calls boss is? Is he paid? Is his job simply to be in some clan with her, or what is going on?

He is still barred from the profession circuit of Glory right? He retired for one year from playing in some league/tournament, but he is allowed to do everything else with glory outside of that?
May 18, 2019 8:14 AM
Sep 2014
wisnoskij said:
I was wondering if someone would clarify a few things.

That main thing that has be confused is exactly what is job/relationship with the girl he calls boss is? Is he paid? Is his job simply to be in some clan with her, or what is going on?

He is still barred from the profession circuit of Glory right? He retired for one year from playing in some league/tournament, but he is allowed to do everything else with glory outside of that?

The woman is the internet cafe's owner and he works for her as internet cafe manager. so, of course he is paid.

He is barred for one year from playing in professional league. not the game itself
Jul 27, 2019 12:25 AM

Sep 2014
idk why the character designs feel kinda off? I'm just watching this because of the live action drama
yeah subtitles were faster than usual but I'm used to watching Asian dramas with subs anyway

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Jul 31, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2016
Sometimes I felt like at the scene with Mucheng and the Jiashi club that the lines were drawn too thick. Also when we first see the head of the Jiashi club, the animation tries to make the room "spin" a little but it just looked unnatural because it looked like they just video edited the head of the Jiashi club to move right, without animating it. There's a lot of CG too which looks kinda weird but as long as it's only the background characters, I can withstand it.
Aug 5, 2019 2:53 PM

Sep 2018
sunsetocean said:
idk why the character designs feel kinda off? I'm just watching this because of the live action drama
yeah subtitles were faster than usual but I'm used to watching Asian dramas with subs anyway

The live action actually rewrites the characters quite a bit different. (ome very big differnces in background stories) While they mostly look the same there's some big differences in appearances for some (like Muchengs and Shuotian hair color).

When I watched a few episodes Tang felt a bit off to me. Hard to say what exactly. Guo guo is pretty much the only character they really nailed in the live action.

Ingame characters look waaaaaay different tho. A witch without a hat just isn't a witch at all. Its funny because they use a witches hat in the live action scene where they are making a photo and you notice how much better Wang looks with the hat on.

Quality of the models isnt bad but the design. No idea why they changed them so much. Its very hard to see what class a character is in the live action.

The live action in general changes way too much from the anime and novel.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Aug 21, 2019 2:39 PM

Sep 2017
didn't expect it to be that good tbh. i'm really loving it!
Jan 14, 2020 1:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cool first episode, animation is really good and plot seems to be fine
Feb 1, 2020 9:15 PM
Mar 2018
Rewatching this and I still get pissed off at how badly Ye Qiu was treated at Jian Shi. Ye Xiu, fighting!!!
Mar 29, 2020 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't like the voices apart from that, not bad.
Jun 14, 2020 5:41 AM

May 2015
This anime is quite nice, but Jap>Chin.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 12, 2020 7:41 PM

May 2013
omg, this is so good. I went into this blind and got excited for a video game isekai *O*
That flamboyant posing by the blondie made me laugh xD

MC is such a badass. I'm in love <3
Sep 29, 2020 12:07 PM
Jul 2019
Thanks for the blatant advertisement Tencent! This isn't a TV where you show an ad at the beginning and end of the episode. Really the only thing I don't like about this show. Heh, with games coming out every year and dying a week later, you have to pull a miracle to have an active playerbase for over 10 years.

Can't get a feel of what this game is like. Is it a classic MMORPG with a bird's-eye angle and mouse as the main controller? Is it a third-person view MMORPG where you can control the entire character and direct attacks yourself? Or is it a FPS cause I saw something similar to OW when the girl was playing. Or maybe all of them.
Apr 28, 2021 7:17 AM

Jun 2020
叶秋大神.....好帅哦 ♡______♡ 好喜欢他斯文安静稳重的态度 笑起来好可爱( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

And Mucheng is so pretty! I really liked the voice acting, especially YX’s. Loving the character designs too, especially YX’s( ˘ ³˘)♥︎( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

Just didn’t like the rendering of some of the art. And CG was pretty jarring.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 16, 2021 12:05 PM

Apr 2018
The CGI humans, amazing.
Pretty good job for a first episode, mc seems like a cool person.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 20, 2022 3:42 PM

Jul 2019
It's ok so far. Nothing too good. Was expecting more tbh, but this is only the start. Let's see what more Glory can bring.
Sep 15, 2022 11:29 PM
Oct 2019
i know they kind of talked about it but i don't get why he was so nonchalant about being forced off the team and into retirement for a year

at the cafe, it was pretty funny when he said he was ye qiu and the boss lady kept saying she was su mucheng

what does "OT" mean at the end there when the one player was trying to steal all the loot by letting the other players get killed?
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

May 2021
The short flashback was intriguing. I am waiting for the MC's past reveal.
Otherwise, the start is pretty standard - the cool-looking overpowered player.
Jul 29, 3:37 AM

Feb 2022
I love the concept of this anime. No VR headsets, no shitty unoriginal isekai involved, just plain modern gameplay of a game. The fact that they show the world with the persons eyes and keeps him in the real world, while also showcasing the world from the in-game characters eyes is a perfect synergy. It's like they achieved the most relatable form of a gaming based anime.

Of course, they built what seems like an overpowered main character, judging by his cool-headed and chill demeanor while possessing a huge amount of skill and knowledge. Although it's also very cool that they focused on the fact that it's because of his 10 years spent playing and his love for the game, which maybe cliche, I think is needed. Love for the game is what somebody needs the most for progress in it. Also, the fact that he kept giving his money to his friends that lost their jobs is a huge act, and really shows what kind of person he is. I also think the guy that got his account felt a bit of remorse after he got to know how he spent his well earned money, still he remains a total dickhead by all means in my book. The boss too, is the straight up personification of it's just good business, no morality whatsoever.

So far very into it, the plot is perfect, the main character is perfect and the setup of the other characters is perfect. Needless to say the game is also perfect. Looking forward to how everything progresses.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - May 5, 2017

123 by WienGirl »»
Oct 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

165 by WienGirl »»
Oct 3, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

echiomega - Apr 14, 2017

139 by nightjasmine »»
Jul 14, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

63 by amf85 »»
Jun 15, 4:26 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjkm »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.