Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 23, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this is Alto's chance to get stronger so being part of the Student Council makes sense. Maybe they can be trusted but Alto still has to be on his guard.

On the other hand, of course this anime would have one of those accidentally walk in perverted scenes. Welp, Vermeil got her personal time with Alto this episode again LOL
Aug 23, 2022 7:39 AM

May 2021
Great episode! The student council president asked Alto to join because of his achievements and she thinks he could help the school.
He decides to join and Lilia is very shocked xD.
Vermeil has a bad feeling about the student council president as if she isn't human and is dangerous...
'I want to get stronger, strong enough to keep you safe.' He got pretty embarrassed saying that to Vermeil and she took off his shirt lol.
He tells Vermeil he wants be the strongest person in the world one day.
As he enters the student council...they are in the middle of getting dressed!
Only one of them is bothered by it though-Jessica-with the president admitting it was their fault for not locking the door.
The president shows them a magical element used by the mage she fought and it seems it is an unrecorded form of magic!
She says their enemy may be a platinum square...
A weird figure appears to Alto and tells him he has two paths to go down-a righteous one that benefits mankind or a selfish one, the path of destruction.
Seems it was just a dream...
He studies for his bronze exam and Vermeil, who is naked asks him what he is doing so late.
She puts his head between her OPPAI!
And kisses him to drain his mana. She tells him they should both practice draining each others...
The day of the bronze exam arrives and Lilia is pretty energetic. People from other schools are also here and it seems they have a much lower pass rate than Alto's.
This year's practical is about mana. They have to go up to the crystal and supply as much mana into it as possible to keep a flame burning.

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 23, 2022 7:57 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 23, 2022 7:54 AM

Jun 2020
Now he's in the student council full of pretty girls.. the series only gets better 😅

『歌』
◁  ❚❚  ▷
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Aug 23, 2022 8:10 AM

Jun 2021
I do NOT trust the pres one bit. Girl is shady af, man. Hell, if Vermeil is saying she doesn’t even seem human then yeah I’m gonna say she’s probably not. Demon knows best.

I didn’t expect to get an eyeful of the 3 student council girls mid change though lol. Their fault for changing in the student council room! Lol.

Platinum squares seem super op. They’re dabbling in magic that’s a whole other level. I mean Kohakumiya got Cthulu or something in that tank lol. but damn, Iolite just killed Haesval of the Gilded Tower the most skilled caster of divine magic like nbd. And now he’s after Alto and Vermeil? Well that’s not troubling at all…

This mysterious glowing woman really gave me Assassin Creed vibes lol. She’s the mage ain’t she? I was gonna say it was interesting Alto didn’t notice a fully naked Vermeil in front of him. These exams really have him worried haha. Looks like my guy got more than mana sucked out of him amiright? lmao.

This bronze exam is definitely not that easy, but I’m not worried for Alto. He’s got Vermeil, he’ll be fine.
Aug 23, 2022 8:46 AM

Feb 2021
This episode was pretty good, there's a lot more mystery now.
Like about the student council president, the paper golem, and the dream.

But wait Vermeil was able to recover her old dress? I thought it had been destroyed lol.
Aug 23, 2022 9:02 AM

Dec 2020
Of course he is going to join the student council and enter the room where the girls are undressed lol.
Vermeil got her time with alto.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 23, 2022 9:25 AM
Jun 2022
Love this anime. Great characters.hope he becomes more confident. Not so timid.
Aug 23, 2022 9:40 AM

Jul 2017
Knowing Elena's proposal for Alto to join the Student Council, he possibly can't back out of it thanks to his involvement in recent incidents, plus Vermeil too. But as learnt, Elena is also quite the shady character whom only now, shows her true nature, that for now, Alto can only lament and grow stronger to protect Vermeil.

Of course, the first task for Alto...is to drop by the Student Council and watch girls dressing up when it's their fault that they didn't make proper closures. But anyways, recapping on Obsidian's incident with the single paper doll as evidence, the Platinum Squares are the progenitors of magic that there's no magic they they don't know that's Gold or below.

The dream that hallucinated Alto, this is a cause for concern. But so is the Bronze exam, which Alto is pulling all-nighters to excel given the attention he's been receiving now, and Vermeil certainly gave him her time together to restore his vitality for the exam. And as expected, the Bronze exam which has a low passing rate (which in Ortigia is 1 in 2) is hard to pass, and though it requires mana, it's never THAT easy.

Let's go, the exam arc.
Aug 23, 2022 10:20 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode adapts chapters 12 and half of 13 in the manga in which Alto's joins the student council, however there is something rather odd about the student council president as she has been searching for Vermeil too. Despite all this, Alto vows to become stronger to protect Vermeil, but not before he accidentally walked in on the Student Council ladies changing clothes. After analyzing the paper doll the Student Council was able to conclude that the Platinum Squares are behind the Obsidian incident. Alto had a dream about Vermeil's past and a mage appeared before him with two possible paths, however Alto was unable to make sense of all of it as he was more concerned about the Bronze exam as he was pulling all nighters. This lead to Alto and Vermeil pulling an all nighter of their own with a steamy moment in the bed. It's Bronze exam time and Alto has more than enough mana than he did before thanks to Vermeil. The first test is the Practical portion in students have to pour their mana into a crystal sphere which looks easy, but its way more complicated than that.
Aug 23, 2022 10:45 AM

Feb 2011
Terrible episode. literally 20 minutes of fluff to get hyped of the next episode.
Garbage.

sad times for such a good anime

Aug 23, 2022 11:19 AM

Jan 2021
DimitrovN said:
Now he's in the student council full of pretty girls.. the series only gets better 😅
Does this turn into a harem ? I prefer the MC to chill with the girl that he's got, I've had enough of 5 girls going after one guy and that being their only main character trait.

Aug 23, 2022 11:41 AM
Aug 2022
that exams a bit daft if theyre not going to explain to them cus then the students going last will have an advantage being able to observe the others
Aug 23, 2022 11:48 AM

May 2020
You've to be god damn lucky if someone like Vermeil is willing to force herself on you... damn.

Though really not buying how they trying their hardest to project miss student council president as some big bad villain lol.
Aug 23, 2022 12:54 PM

Dec 2020
Lmao, the crystal ball is just like that device from Solo Leveling. Alto will pour his mana into it and will be S rank like Sung Jin Woo (I'm anime only but I think he will be way above Bronze square)
Aug 23, 2022 1:49 PM

Feb 2019
This is what I’m here for

So even vermeil was afraid of the president. Makes me think she may have been holding back when fighting a couple of weeks ago if she’s that intimidating. Definitely could tel she’s got something dark in her from those crazy looks lol.

Waifu of the season

Pharanx reminds me a lot of Alan from plunderer. Really looking forward to seeing the exam and the platinum wall arc play out. Feels like things are gonna start getting darker
Marinate1016Aug 23, 2022 1:58 PM
Aug 23, 2022 1:58 PM

Sep 2018
Tish, I don't want no teenage girl fanservice shit.

Drop that crap and give us more real woman scenes with Vermeil

I've docked a point, so there!!

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Aug 23, 2022 2:14 PM

May 2018
Ah yes the good old mana crystal test. Let's see if Alto breaks it like other OP mc's haha
Aug 23, 2022 2:20 PM

Jul 2014
Man, having Vermeil's huge tits popping out of her shirt is so distractingly hot xD. I like the sweater but the uniform was pretty powerful (not enough for her boobs though), I'm gonna miss it.

We were having an abundance of cute Vermeil lately but it looks like her horny side is back in full force.

The student council girls in their underwear, let's go!!!! It was cute to see Jessica being the pure maiden of the group <3.

I'm still wondering what's the deal with Elena, I don't think she's a bad guy and I kind of like her. Kana Hanazawa helps with that of course.

Seems like Vermeil's backstory is coming.

Was that Cthulhu?
SkyLETVAug 23, 2022 6:13 PM
Aug 23, 2022 2:42 PM

Feb 2022
tuvo bien woowowow
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Aug 23, 2022 3:37 PM

May 2021
The pres attitude is right up my alley, well, almost. As for that crystal in the Bronze exam, pretty sure it will explode when Alto takes the test.

Aug 23, 2022 4:48 PM

Oct 2014
Tournament arc in coming? Guess it will be interrupted before they finish it.
Aug 23, 2022 5:15 PM
Apr 2022
The more the plot advances the more I am involved in the story it's not like the majority of anime where they put everything on episode one and where the quality is denigrated over the episodes this anime remains really excellent finally I say excellent let's say pretty good, can't wait to see what's next
Aug 23, 2022 6:29 PM

Dec 2009
AddaeAkono said:
This episode adapts chapters 12 and half of 13 in the manga in which Alto's joins the student council, however there is something rather odd about the student council president as she has been searching for Vermeil too. Despite all this, Alto vows to become stronger to protect Vermeil, but not before he accidentally walked in on the Student Council ladies changing clothes. After analyzing the paper doll the Student Council was able to conclude that the Platinum Squares are behind the Obsidian incident. Alto had a dream about Vermeil's past and a mage appeared before him with two possible paths, however Alto was unable to make sense of all of it as he was more concerned about the Bronze exam as he was pulling all nighters. This lead to Alto and Vermeil pulling an all nighter of their own with a steamy moment in the bed. It's Bronze exam time and Alto has more than enough mana than he did before thanks to Vermeil. The first test is the Practical portion in students have to pour their mana into a crystal sphere which looks easy, but its way more complicated than that.

This episode is also adapted from the beginning of chapter 15 in the manga as well, the scene where it focuses on Alto's dream.
Aug 23, 2022 6:50 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Our boy Alto is now part of the student council thanks to the President threatening him lol, and according to Vermeil the President would have definitely killed him if he refused, but hey at least she was the most understanding one when Alto walked in on the girls of the council undressing lol, great fanservice but I could also think of some better places to change.

And we also got a look at the villains again and it looks like there’s some slight conflict between them, the green haired one seems to be rogue and going against the paper doll girl’s orders, and speaking of her she had a great design. And now we’re in the bronze test and I’m willing to bet Aalto blows up the orb lol.
Aug 23, 2022 6:56 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Magical_Alice said:
AddaeAkono said:

This episode is also adapted from the beginning of chapter 15 in the manga as well, the scene where it focuses on Alto's dream.

Yeah, I saw that too when I read a little bit of chapter 15. I was wondering whether Alto's dream was an anime original or not.
Aug 23, 2022 7:13 PM

Aug 2018
Someone had a pretty good peek to start a day, I suppose
Aug 23, 2022 8:56 PM
Jan 2022
man can't to see alto destroy that crystal with some much mana and blow everyone away with how much mana he has
Aug 23, 2022 9:44 PM
May 2019
Wait, call me crazy but it seems like Vermeil actually went down on Alto that night, lol
Aug 23, 2022 10:51 PM

Jul 2021
About time we got to Vermiel's backstory. Hopefully we will get her complete backstory during the exam.

If I had to guess then those Platinum square antagonist are gonna attack during the exam.

The first practical test is like specially made for Alto to pass. Given he has the most potent or powerful mana, potent enough to make contract with a fucking demon.

As expected, Alto did join the student council, not complete of his own accord though. I mean he didn't have any other option, did he?

Still don't like the student council president, IDK if it's only me but I loath her so much.

Great episode overall. Looking forward to next one. 5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 23, 2022 10:52 PM
May 2021
MadanielFL said:
This episode was pretty good, there's a lot more mystery now.
Like about the student council president, the paper golem, and the dream.

But wait Vermeil was able to recover her old dress? I thought it had been destroyed lol.

In the manga, alto's sister gave the dress again as per his request along with her letter wishing him luck in the exam
Aug 24, 2022 1:37 AM
Aug 2022
Once again the power logic in this show is laughable. The Student Council should be fodder to Vermeil but since she now has to prioritize protecting Alto to prevent both of them from dying, she can't let loose. A real shame. She's essentially becoming Hulk after Infinity War. I'll never understand how manga authors think these lackluster MC's should get rewarded for being so useless. I'm just here for the culture now, and imma need to see some "plot" from Iolite's familiar. I sense great power under that veil.
Apollo_InjusticeAug 24, 2022 1:47 AM
Aug 24, 2022 10:12 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Vermeil is so hot.. anyway
Atlo getting a nice power up ;)

I wonder why he brought that sealed book with him.
Aug 24, 2022 12:46 PM

Oct 2017
Nice fanservice of prez, Chris and the other girl. The exam's finally here, Alto gonna ace it.
Aug 24, 2022 2:33 PM
Oct 2019
Wait ... basically she sucked him off at the least right? Good for Alto and Vermeil, I so wanna see him become a platinum square and marry her, so wholesome, so lewd.
Aug 24, 2022 4:17 PM
Jul 2022
the relation between alto and vermeil is cute asf
Aug 25, 2022 1:03 AM

May 2019
Good episode, was nice to see Vermeil back to her naughty antics with Alto. I'm sure Alto will ace the bronze exam but I'm not sure about that Iolite guy and his familiar, almost seems like an anti-Alto.
Aug 25, 2022 5:06 AM
Dec 2016
Very funny episode
Aug 25, 2022 8:35 AM
Mar 2019
Did she succ his D ?
Aug 25, 2022 2:20 PM
Mar 2018
waiting for the next oneeee!!!!
Aug 25, 2022 3:58 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this may be my favorite show of the season, even more so than Labyrinth
Aug 25, 2022 6:06 PM
Feb 2022
Que excitante fue la escena de la cama. Y después te golpean con un spoiler sobre el triste pasado de Vermeil. Se vienen los exámenes a bronce, y algo malo esta por pasar. Tengan cuidado Alto y Vermeil.
Aug 25, 2022 9:12 PM
Dec 2016
best episode in the show
Aug 26, 2022 4:14 AM
Oct 2021
It was a good episode
Aug 26, 2022 10:01 AM
Aug 2019
kinda boring & just ecchi
Aug 26, 2022 9:43 PM
Apr 2021
cuz there was no main action on this chapter and it was a classic anime chapter but i believe that next episode will be fantastic
Aug 26, 2022 11:58 PM
Apr 2022
Lop lop
I like it !
EHE
Aug 27, 2022 12:13 AM

Aug 2020
Yayy Alto be a man!
Aug 27, 2022 2:01 PM
Apr 2021
--------------------
Aug 28, 2022 4:45 AM
Dec 2008
Putting next characters which are nor even be put in scope of world before, broken and stupid in same time.
Aug 28, 2022 8:50 AM

Apr 2020
Lots of stuff to talk about. Elena and Iolite's interest on Alto and Vermeil, the Bronze exam coming up, the Student Council girls being half naked while the door is unlocked, Vermeil and Alto again deep kissing each other, Vermeil making a dirty tongue pose...

Half is plot development, while the other half is pure ecchi, I love it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

145 by itzritzlol »»
Aug 11, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

56 by GooseHybrid »»
Aug 11, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2022

187 by tgvaz »»
Jul 10, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2022

69 by smemorato »»
Feb 22, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

140 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jan 31, 8:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.