Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 6, 2022 12:14 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Kamiya, she's really a great character and I wish she could fulfill her love wish but well of course there's Shikimori and she's already a perfect couple with Izumi so sadly it's a dead end, my heart hurt when she started crying in front of her :( Izumi's gift for Shikimori for her birthday and 1st year anniversary of their couple was really heartwarming, she even cried because of that and with what happened with Kamiya :( one of the best episode even though it had these sad segments.
Jun 6, 2022 1:23 PM
Feb 2021
I feel like Shikimori directly contradicted herself in this episode and it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

She felt bad about taking the couple number from Kamiya (and rightfully so) after noticing that Kamiya had feelings for Izumi. She also was supportive of Kamiya and her feelings towards Izumi, even going so far as to encourage her to hold on to those feelings and calling them precious.

But then…she turns around and lowkey guilts Izumi about him potentially drifting away from her and finding someone else, resulting in him feeling like he’s not trustworthy enough despite having done literally nothing wrong. I don’t know. I understand that she’s a jealous person. We’ve seen it with how she reacts to Izumi and Inuzuka sometimes. But it just felt like she made legitimate progress in the rooftop scene with Kamiya, only to immediately backtrack on everything she said. 🤷🏽
Jun 6, 2022 1:35 PM
Feb 2021
CHT13 said:
Even though I know you have feelings for my boyfriend it’s all good come cry on my shoulder. The sad part is Izumi actually has conversations with Kamiya unlike whatever he’s doing with Shikimori. Imagine dating someone for a year and every conversation is, “you’re so cute” and “I like you so much” I’ll finish this season up and pass if there is a season 2. I’ll hold out some slim hope that something will endear me to this show over the last 4 episodes. At least reading a lot of these posts makes me happy that people are genuinely enjoying this show. I wish I was one of you 😢

No, but same. When we found out they’d been dating for a year, I was thrown so far off balance. They interact like they’ve been dating for maybe 3 months. It’s so awkward.

Shikimori’s jealousy is more unwelcome than Izumi’s clumsiness. It’s been a YEAR and you’re somehow jealous over him interacting with his platonic male friend? But an incredibly popular female classmate with admitted feelings for your guy, and you tell her you understand? Make it make sense. I’ll finish this season, but that’s it for me unless they pull something spectacular.
Jun 6, 2022 6:01 PM

Jan 2020
Man, idk what it is about this series but there’s something not clicking with me, and I’m someone who loves rom coms. Like I thought it was just Izumi being annoying that bothered me, but he wasn’t annoying this episode and I still found it a bit boring. I just don’t know how to put it into words anymore I guess. Like if I compare this to something similar, like say Aharen, I find that much more entertaining. I have to admit I felt bad for Kamiya though.
Jun 7, 2022 12:30 AM
Oct 2020
Ashtoric said:
EmmyMoomin said:

Because this is how people in the real world act. Shikimori has no reason to be cautious or hostile towards Kamiya. Kamiya is mature enough to realise that trying to steal Izumi from Shikimori isn’t going to work. Both of them are acting like adults, Kamiya is just grieving.

You’re forgetting that Izumi and Shikimori are already in a relationship. Other romances like MDUD and komi, where the characters will never get together until the end of the manga’s run, are more suited for that since no one’s in a romantic relationship, and anything can happen, and by anything, I mean the main girl and main guy getting together anyway regardless of any rivals.

Kamiya lost the “rivalry” the second Izumi and Shikimori got together. Izumi and Shikimori have been together for a year, another girl who loves izumi or another man who loves Shikimori isn’t going to break the relationship apart. That’s not how healthy relationships like theirs work.
Tough luck to those “rivals”, nothing they do is going to change their relationship, so why not console them?

But we knew nothing about Kamiya before this small arc. Shikimori and Kamiya weren't even friends. Kamiya was just an outsider looking in and lost a battle she never participated in, and yet we are expected to care about her. The sob story is cheap, and I am someone who gets emotional over stuff easily. It didn't make any sense that Shikimori would sympathize with her love "rival" to the point of even giving back the number card. Like what, is Shikimori TRYING to make it harder on herself? Nobody sane would act like that in a relationship they would want to succeed. It didn't make any sense in the grand context of the series and Shikimori's goal and that's my issue with it.
again, shikimori already has her goal, there is nothing she loses by comforting Kamiya. The number card doesn’t mean much of anything, either, it’s literally just a childish game that the school uses. Shikimori and Izumi can hold hands and take a picture together whenever they want. They don’t need matching pieces of paper to do that. They are already dating. Kamiya can’t do anything, even if she came out, guns blazing, and tried to actually steal Izumi, what do you think would happen? The answer is nothing, still. He’s already dating someone else, and he’s not the type of person to cheat or leave shikimori for someone else. Either you’ve never watched a romance where the characters are already in a relationship before, or you just simply don’t understand shikimori and izumi’s relationship works. There is no rival. Both shikimori and kamiya know that. If you want some NTR harem anime, go somewhere else.
Jun 7, 2022 11:09 AM

May 2015
EmmyMoomin said:
Ashtoric said:

But we knew nothing about Kamiya before this small arc. Shikimori and Kamiya weren't even friends. Kamiya was just an outsider looking in and lost a battle she never participated in, and yet we are expected to care about her. The sob story is cheap, and I am someone who gets emotional over stuff easily. It didn't make any sense that Shikimori would sympathize with her love "rival" to the point of even giving back the number card. Like what, is Shikimori TRYING to make it harder on herself? Nobody sane would act like that in a relationship they would want to succeed. It didn't make any sense in the grand context of the series and Shikimori's goal and that's my issue with it.
again, shikimori already has her goal, there is nothing she loses by comforting Kamiya. The number card doesn’t mean much of anything, either, it’s literally just a childish game that the school uses. Shikimori and Izumi can hold hands and take a picture together whenever they want. They don’t need matching pieces of paper to do that. They are already dating. Kamiya can’t do anything, even if she came out, guns blazing, and tried to actually steal Izumi, what do you think would happen? The answer is nothing, still. He’s already dating someone else, and he’s not the type of person to cheat or leave shikimori for someone else. Either you’ve never watched a romance where the characters are already in a relationship before, or you just simply don’t understand shikimori and izumi’s relationship works. There is no rival. Both shikimori and kamiya know that. If you want some NTR harem anime, go somewhere else.

They took the game seriously, it doesn't make sense for her to all of a sudden change her mind about the game. "Oh, this girl I barely know but my boyfriend does likes him, better forfeit my opportunity to spend time with him and partake in a nostalgic activity with these number cards and spend the entire episode consoling her on how she couldn't date my boyfriend!" terrible episode.
and no, I don't want to watch NTR, hence why I like this show and this episode was lame af. I care about Shikimori and Izumi, I don't care about this suddenly-introduced third wheel I'm forced to empathize with. The show is acting like they are long time friends and this is the end of the series where the winner is decided. No. It's literally episode 8 of a brand new series.
"More than anything, I wanted to protect her. Not cause it's my duty or what's expected of me, or anything like that. I wanted to protect her because of how amazing she is because I believe she's totally worth it. It's always been her, and it always will be...Forever."
Jun 7, 2022 11:28 AM
Oct 2020
Ashtoric said:
EmmyMoomin said:

They took the game seriously, it doesn't make sense for her to all of a sudden change her mind about the game. "Oh, this girl I barely know but my boyfriend does likes him, better forfeit my opportunity to spend time with him and partake in a nostalgic activity with these number cards and spend the entire episode consoling her on how she couldn't date my boyfriend!" terrible episode.
and no, I don't want to watch NTR, hence why I like this show and this episode was lame af. I care about Shikimori and Izumi, I don't care about this suddenly-introduced third wheel I'm forced to empathize with. The show is acting like they are long time friends and this is the end of the series where the winner is decided. No. It's literally episode 8 of a brand new series.
the winner was decided before episode 1, dude. Why are you acting like shikimori and izumi aren’t already dating? You’d have a point if they weren’t, but they are. The number game doesn’t matter, they can take a picture and hold hands or whatever the prize was without that. You know, since they’re a couple.

There is no rivalry, there are no stakes. It’s just a story about an unlucky girl. That’s it. Shikimori is a kind person. She’s not going to rub it in kamiya’s face, she’s going to console her, her actions are in character. I don’t understand why you’re treating this like a romance series that’s about before a Couple got together. One word at a time in case you still don’t get it: They. Are. Already. Dating.
Jun 7, 2022 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
Holy cow. I didn't expect that I'll be crying watching this series. Literally perfect episode. Wow.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 7, 2022 5:08 PM

Jun 2020
Kamiya is such an interesting character just like Shikimori in the first few eps like a complete mystery

Glad that there's more drama honestly makes it more progressive than just stable with the characters and I hope that they focus more on it I hope

I like that if you talk about being unlucky Izumi gets mentioned lol, Also I would like to know why Micchon first time I thought about how they chose that nickname or did I miss something.

KANLen09 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Kamiya deserved better honestly. Deserves a mf like me. I know a lot of people loved this arc because of how they resolved kamiya with no hard feelings and didn’t drag things out.. but that’s the exact reason I don’t like it. I like drama, I like tension and I like messy trashy harem style rom coms.
You must have a twisted mind. I agree with the opinions, but no trash harem rom-com to be found here.

Do not get it twisted, do not watch harem shows. Do not start watching harem shows. Harem is entertainment and entertainment only. You won't see the best girl win, no one wins. You won't do any of that, you understand? You will only go into depression and ruin your fucking life.
Jun 7, 2022 7:18 PM

Aug 2021
Elegant direction & gorgeous art in Shikimori-san.
Jun 8, 2022 12:14 AM

Oct 2008
w0w didn't expect the drama in this one! i just hope something good happens to Kamiya...
4/5.

Jun 8, 2022 2:30 AM
Jan 2022
They really did just decide to make up for lackluster characters with a fucking love triangle. I have fucking ascended. They seriously tried to make the audience cry with that bootleg fairytale motif too. I'm not the kinda person to shit on everything I watch, but that was just so weird and out of place. It's such sudden melodrama and the nonsensical buildup absolutely doesn't help.
The last episode made the blue hair girl seem gay for Shikimori, and now she loves her boyfriend instead. Bi disaster? I don't even know anymore.
Jun 8, 2022 2:37 AM
Mar 2012
That cinderella analogy, hitting twelve, Kamiya's emotional turmoil, rooftop scene, all so well directed feels like a KyoAni story. Feelsbad for Kamiya since she & Izumi are so comfy with a genuine connection together.
How the love rivals confront each other is quite unique & supportive, all while highlighting the good in Izumi.
Jun 8, 2022 7:20 AM
Aug 2021
Best episode by far
Jun 8, 2022 2:28 PM

Jan 2016
Oof it was a very painful situation from Kamiya's perspective...
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 8, 2022 7:29 PM
Aug 2017
Wait, you mean a romance anime can resolve a love triangle by people just talking it out and getting their feelings in order instead of dozens of episodes of dragged out drama?
Jun 9, 2022 9:17 AM

Jul 2016
Best episode so far
Jun 9, 2022 11:39 AM

Oct 2019
I simply pickup this episode because folks tells me to watch this episode. It's nice to see those good-natured girls interaction, most irl girls aren't like that.

Also the opening, it's felt like watching Cinderella but the male lead got stolen. Lol
andrearionaJun 9, 2022 7:56 PM
Jun 11, 2022 10:47 PM

Jun 2020
Best episode! Good for Izumi and Shikimori but poor Kamiya...
Jun 12, 2022 12:33 AM

Aug 2018
Very good episode.
Kamiya liked Izumi. Shikimori realized it, and made her be sincere. Poor Kamiya :( Shikimori comforted her. it was nice that part. Izumi gave Shikimori a present for her birthday, she looks pretty in that necklace. It was really good.
Jun 12, 2022 4:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good episode, this.

Kamiya-san is more of a complex character than I imagined she’d be. Shikimori-san and Kamiya-san both acted far more mature than typical high school kids, for real.

Second half with Izumi-san giving Shikomori-san the gift was touching. They’re really meant for each other. Cool Shikimori-san is to die for!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 12, 2022 7:53 PM
Jul 2013
Glad to see the positive reactions to this episode, but I feel like I'm inflicting brain damage to myself by reading these stupid and/or angry posts from people wasting their time hate-watching the show, instead of going and doing something they actually enjoy

That said, I hope they keep ramping up the excitement for the last couple episodes
Jun 12, 2022 9:15 PM

Mar 2010
Yo! Say what!! Kamiya liked Izumi?!?!? I thought she liked Neko.. Izumi is really a chick magnet lmao. Actually this anime should just turn into a harem lmao
Jun 13, 2022 1:20 PM
Feb 2020
Was I the only one to think Kamiya was a lesbian and into Shikimori ? I think the past episodes are what confused me but I could have SWORN she liked Shikimori ??
Jun 16, 2022 7:50 AM
Feb 2021
Man this was a rough one. That was a great episode.
Jun 16, 2022 11:35 PM
Mar 2022
Dang, now I'm wondering how things would have gone had Kamiya made a move on Izumi before he decided to start dating Shikimori.
Jun 17, 2022 9:25 AM

Nov 2019
I knew that Kamiya would be one of my fave characters from this show.

And this episode was beautiful. I love how they intertwined a story-like fairytale outlook into her character and the scenes. I surprisingly cried (or unsurprisingly in my case).

Looking forward to watching future episodes of Shikimori-san, for sure!
Jun 17, 2022 9:27 AM

Nov 2019
Jittinx said:
Was I the only one to think Kamiya was a lesbian and into Shikimori ? I think the past episodes are what confused me but I could have SWORN she liked Shikimori ??

YEahhh I thought so too? XD I thought Kamiya was gushing over Shikimori, and because of their match, head-on in volleyball.

Jeje2020 said:
Dang, now I'm wondering how things would have gone had Kamiya made a move on Izumi before he decided to start dating Shikimori.

Ooo that would be very interesting! Sounds like us fans could make content for that ;D
Jun 18, 2022 12:43 AM
Jun 2022
It's a lovely anime💕💕
Jun 18, 2022 4:03 AM

Jan 2021
Probably the best episode so far. I felt bad for Kamiya. She is cool and cute in her own way and she deserves some love as well. I wish that her prince arrives as well because it good to see the romance of side characters as well.

Over all, this felt like a great episode in terms of romance and love triangle as well. The only thing left is the romance of other side characters.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 19, 2022 1:08 AM
Apr 2021
Kamiya had a very small apperance time yet was able to create an impact within that time lapse,i personally think this episode was rather important (from kamiya's feelings perspective) and very well sequenced
Jun 19, 2022 6:59 AM

Oct 2017
This one picture sums it all up but I feel sad for Kamiya. She's a great girl but Shikimori's just the best.

Jun 21, 2022 12:51 PM
Mar 2021
Well, it took 8 episodes, but you finally got me to care about some of your characters.

And a blue hair girl who's in love with the protagonist, how could this go wrong? (Does Japan just hate girls with blue hair?)
Jun 22, 2022 3:52 PM

Jul 2017
Kamiya is perfect.
Jun 22, 2022 5:17 PM
Feb 2022
im still speechless why shikimori tell if Kamiya love izumi, then she need to cherish those feelings. imo you just taking a piss to someone who heartbreak. also kamiya is non-reponse to that answer make me feel more speechless
Jun 29, 2022 5:11 PM

Aug 2017
Glad to see Kamiya's character was handled just as well as in the manga

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jul 1, 2022 11:33 AM

Mar 2010
Being insecure shows how much of a un alpha gal shimori is... so they are kinda throwing me off with the premise where she is the alpha and not the lower half in terms of being dominant in physical and emotional prowess.. as much as It was supposed to be heartfelt it just seemed forced... well at least for me it wasn't organic.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 10, 2022 7:14 AM

Jan 2020
It was kind of a weird back and forth with Kamiya and Shikimori in this episode. It might've been a little soon to try and introduce a, serious/potential, love rival for Shikimori. And really, if anything, considering that we've reversed the roles I'd think that Izumi should be the one who has to worry about a rival. Let Kamiya shoot for Shikimori and have Izumi have to fend that off, that'd be something.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 14, 2022 8:12 PM

Jun 2021
I teared up when Kamiya broke down. She deserves so much happiness. She gets hounded by randos all the time but all she really wants is a nice boy like Izumi. Fuck, if Izumi is already taken, I'll go out with you, Kamiya. I think you're really pretty, and your hair is awesome, and you're really chill and soft spoken and you make others really happy. I'll be the Izumi in your life.

What I mean to say is, I really like Kamiya as a character.
Jul 21, 2022 4:10 AM

Feb 2021
His girlfriend is not cute but a strong woman XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 21, 2022 1:28 PM

Feb 2017
It was difficult for me to fully buy in emotionally given how light the relationship was but I still appreciated this episode for effectively leaning on those dramatic beats. There’s enough heart in the show that I will not look past it’s earnestness.

There were a number of strong animation touches that elevated the episode but by far the most effective was Kamiya’s juuuuuust lingering hold on the paper heart. No close up or lingering for too long- just enough to betray her true feelings.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Aug 1, 2022 9:00 AM
Mar 2022
If only Kamiya had the courage in past to confess her love for Izumi.Then perhaps the title would be something like (Kamiya's Not Just a Cutie). Personality wise, Shikimori and Kamiya are both very similar in a lot of ways but i'd still rate Shikimori as best girl...
Aug 7, 2022 12:08 AM

Jun 2021
LewisHarrison said:
If only Kamiya had the courage in past to confess her love for Izumi.Then perhaps the title would be something like (Kamiya's Not Just a Cutie). Personality wise, Shikimori and Kamiya are both very similar in a lot of ways but i'd still rate Shikimori as best girl...

I would watch the shit out of Kamiya's Not Just a Cutie!
Aug 9, 2022 12:21 AM
Jul 2022
daibakusasshin said:
CHT13 said:
Even though I know you have feelings for my boyfriend it’s all good come cry on my shoulder. The sad part is Izumi actually has conversations with Kamiya unlike whatever he’s doing with Shikimori. Imagine dating someone for a year and every conversation is, “you’re so cute” and “I like you so much” I’ll finish this season up and pass if there is a season 2. I’ll hold out some slim hope that something will endear me to this show over the last 4 episodes. At least reading a lot of these posts makes me happy that people are genuinely enjoying this show. I wish I was one of you 😢

No, but same. When we found out they’d been dating for a year, I was thrown so far off balance. They interact like they’ve been dating for maybe 3 months. It’s so awkward.

Shikimori’s jealousy is more unwelcome than Izumi’s clumsiness. It’s been a YEAR and you’re somehow jealous over him interacting with his platonic male friend? But an incredibly popular female classmate with admitted feelings for your guy, and you tell her you understand? Make it make sense. I’ll finish this season, but that’s it for me unless they pull something spectacular.
Because it's explained in ep 9 shikimori thinks of inuzuka as her older brother since he acts in a similar way and she's competitive with her actual brother so she's also competitive with inuzuka
Aug 9, 2022 6:07 AM

Mar 2008
That was a touching moment between Kamiya and Shikimori. Though this annoyingly contradicts Shikimori’s usual jealousy for the most basic things so it’s confusing on why she made an exception. Is she silently judging everyone around Izumi?
Aug 9, 2022 9:18 AM
Feb 2021
Aizen1223 said:
daibakusasshin said:

Because it's explained in ep 9 shikimori thinks of inuzuka as her older brother since he acts in a similar way and she's competitive with her actual brother so she's also competitive with inuzuka

And this was a post discussing episode 8, the episode before this apparent explanation. 💁🏽
Aug 9, 2022 9:21 AM
Jul 2022
daibakusasshin said:
Aizen1223 said:

And this was a post discussing episode 8, the episode before this apparent explanation. 💁🏽
i just answered it, it wasn't in a rude way. I read it just today so i answered it because you said it didn't make sense btw what do you think of it now?
Aug 9, 2022 9:32 AM
Feb 2021
Aizen1223 said:
daibakusasshin said:

i just answered it, it wasn't in a rude way. I read it just today so i answered it because you said it didn't make sense btw what do you think of it now?
Tbh, I haven’t watched since episode 8. I think they did another special episode or something and then life happened and some shows from that season got put on pause. I’ll finish it eventually though.

And no worries man. I was just like..how was I supposed to know that when they hadn’t explained it yet 😂
Aug 9, 2022 9:41 AM
Jul 2022
daibakusasshin said:
Aizen1223 said:
Tbh, I haven’t watched since episode 8. I think they did another special episode or something and then life happened and some shows from that season got put on pause. I’ll finish it eventually though.

And no worries man. I was just like..how was I supposed to know that when they hadn’t explained it yet 😂
Oh, i remember that due to covid, the episodes were delayed and things happened so it's understandable, that's exactly why i explained it. I , too, wasn't able to complete some shows from that Season no worries there but as soon as you get some time i think you should watch the remaining episodes, the show started a bit slow but picked up from ep 7 and has been good till end and i was impressed so i picked up the manga. I thought manga was better in expressions, art and pacing but anime is fine as well
hope you're doing well now with whatever it is
Aug 13, 2022 1:58 PM
Mar 2020
xfghjfsghyfsghsrfghfgh
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

228 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 13, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

174 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 12, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2022

175 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 12, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

207 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 11, 7:50 PM

» Rating

Philadelphia07 - Sep 5

21 by KayKimii »»
Sep 5, 3:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.