Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 10, 2022 10:28 PM

Mar 2018
Don't you hate when rich privileged people think they have the worst life in the world, when in reality there are people suffering real problems?

I do, especially from teenagers. What are the most ridiculous "first world problems" tht you've seen?
Apr 10, 2022 10:32 PM

Jun 2021
this funny little teenager told me that he couldn't "find a place to hide to bodies of the family he murdered" or some stupid shit like that lol

Apr 10, 2022 10:39 PM

Jul 2016
I don't care about the ridiculous ones.

But some very valid first world problems:

MAL being down.
A favorite hentai artist closing their account.
People who don't have the same taste as me.
People who only get naked in Hollywood films but don't post sexy selfies online.
Prostitution only being legal in Nevada.
Amazon banning specific manga and I have to get it from other sellers.
The next volume of a manga not getting an official translation fast enough to keep up with my reading pace.
Hentai Con ceasing operation.
Online friends abandoning me.
A figurine getting lost in transit.
IpreferEcchiApr 10, 2022 10:44 PM
Apr 10, 2022 10:46 PM

Jun 2021
IpreferEcchi said:
I don't care about the ridiculous ones.

But some very valid first world problems:

MAL being down.
A favorite hentai artist closing their account.
People who don't have the same taste as me.
People who only get naked in Hollywood films but don't post sexy selfies online.
Prostitution only being legal in Nevada.
Amazon banning specific manga and I have to get it from other sellers.
The next volume of a manga not getting an official translation fast enough to keep up with my reading pace.
Hentai Con ceasing operation.
Online friends abandoning me.
A figurine getting lost in transit.

>online friends abandoning me

ONE COULD ONLY WONDER WHY
Apr 10, 2022 10:47 PM

Jun 2019
"First World Problem" is a silly expression that aims at dismissing the suffering of others. Saying that some people have it worse is meaningless for it does not imply that one stops suffering if one knows (or knows not) that others suffer supposedly more.

When Grothendieck ran out of paper, it was a tragedy much worse than the sinking of the Titanic.
Apr 10, 2022 10:48 PM

Jul 2016
avertexpert said:
>online friends abandoning me

ONE COULD ONLY WONDER WHY

They abandon everyone they used to talk to, not just me.

But the me-part is the part that is relevant for me.
Apr 10, 2022 11:25 PM

Oct 2018
Meusnier said:
"First World Problem" is a silly expression that aims at dismissing the suffering of others. Saying that some people have it worse is meaningless for it does not imply that one stops suffering if one knows (or knows not) that others suffer supposedly more.

When Grothendieck ran out of paper, it was a tragedy much worse than the sinking of the Titanic.

Exactly this. If 'first world problems' such as being lonely meant nothing, then we wouldn't still be seeing millions upon millions of suicides in these countries each year.

Apr 11, 2022 12:02 AM

Mar 2021
I’ve got one. So I went into a McDonald’s for breakfast and ordered the Pancakes & Syrup and Muffin with jam.

Guess what happened? They gave me the Pancakes and Syrup without cutlery (what am I supposed to eat it with my bare hands?), no butter and no syrup. And they gave me the Muffin with Jam without the jam. So I had to ask for each item. I didn’t ask for them all at once. I asked for each item at a time and watched the person go and bring back one item at a time. I wasn’t trying to be rude I thought that they would see their own mistake / laziness and bring me everything that is required to complete my meal including a napkin; which I asked for last.

I know that fast food staff get given a lot of shit but maybe they shouldn’t be so surprised when this is the service that you get sometimes. Perhaps it’s just a viscous cycle.

Well, that’s a first world problem for you. 🤷
Apr 11, 2022 12:04 AM

Jun 2016
I got really pissed when the restaurant I frequented retired my favorite burger because it was unpopular.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 11, 2022 5:40 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
The worst thing 99% of people will experience is heartbreak. Unsure if that's a first world problem but it's weird to me nevertheless. I'm VERY prone to injuries so I've had all sorts of unusual, awkward and weird stuff happen to me which heartbreak pales in comparison to. What do you mean you never injured your ribs so badly, breathing hurt and couldn't sleep from the pain. Or that time I got a tube in my stomach to take a sample and I puked all over myself while it was in.

One of my favorite first world problems is when someone gets the wrong order, is allowed to keep it AND gets the original order without extra costs, then goes to complain on reddit about what to do with all that food. Idk, give it to the homeless help or the foodbank. Or to your neighbor. Or put it in the fridge or freezer and eat it another day.
It's hilarious and makes me happy that it ain't all bad and evil in the world. (From my perspective, at least.) It probably inconveniences the person but who doesn't like free food I mean c'mon. Even if you can't eat it, you can make someone else happy with it and you might get yourself a new friend that way. Everyone's a winner!
Apr 11, 2022 10:39 AM

Dec 2015
For internet:
Well the most ridiculous was a Russian instagram "model" girl who was crying over that she will not be able to being a "pro-model" anymore, I guess people forgot that being a model in instagram and being a model in a real job is completely different x). Not to mention the videos of kids crying cause they can't play some mobile games anymore.

Irl: Well I've seen thousands of Ukrainian refugees wondering around different train station, well I wasn't a volunteer but I gave info to alot of them as they didn't know what train was where goin and what was their seat etc. etc.
The other which is not comparable but was my own problem: 5-6 months ago my favorite place with Kebab which is called Stodoła in town square of Poznań had a delicious Rollo with french fries for 16.99 złoty which is very cheap for it's taste. Right now after those 5-6 months it costs 21.99 złoty which is quite expensive now.... x(
Apr 11, 2022 10:54 AM

Dec 2015
My own one very sad ok: Inflation going pooooooooooooooooof. My favorite Indian takeaway place is now charging +-16 euro for a curry while being +-12 euro when corona started. Sad moments sad times.
Apr 11, 2022 5:12 PM

Mar 2018
Meusnier said:

there are like a thousand and one ways to wipe out one's poopoo, so it's not a problem to cry about lol
Apr 11, 2022 7:56 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
OP, you obviously have access to the internet and hands/arms to type this comment, which means that you are not a mutilated orphan living in the slums of Zimbabwe, which means that there are people who have it far worse than you, and therefore, your problems and complaints are irrelevant. You are one of us, not one of them. Don't be so fast with the moral high ground just yet.
Apr 11, 2022 8:10 PM

Sep 2019
The main web browser I use is not working for some reason, so for now at least I have to use Google Chrome, It's okay guys, I will persevere through this!
Apr 11, 2022 8:18 PM
Mar 2022
Theo1899 said:
I got really pissed when the restaurant I frequented retired my favorite burger because it was unpopular.

To be honest I would to, that sounds like an awful thing for a restaurant to do
Apr 11, 2022 8:50 PM

Dec 2019
I've never eaten a single big mac in my life :( (not ridiculous)

Anyways, any invented term with "phobia" at the end. Like "fatphobia" for example. We're trying to keep everyone healthy so they can live longer and have a more pleasant life, but hey, if eating yourself into obesity and several health problems is your jam then go ahead, it'll be your fault when said health problems creep up on you.
Apr 11, 2022 11:06 PM

Mar 2018
Karoshi and existential dread are some pretty fun ones.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2022 12:41 AM

May 2013
Gas Prices. The third world can't even afford a car and here we are with high gas prices. Fucking crazy!
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Apr 12, 2022 10:07 PM

Mar 2018
149597871 said:
OP, you obviously have access to the internet and hands/arms to type this comment, which means that you are not a mutilated orphan living in the slums of Zimbabwe, which means that there are people who have it far worse than you, and therefore, your problems and complaints are irrelevant. You are one of us, not one of them. Don't be so fast with the moral high ground just yet.

You know, you're absolutely right that I am not an orphan with no limbs that lives in a extreme poor condition, and that's being a misconception in this thread.

I'm not saying my life is the worst nor that most of the problems in the world are irrelevant, since every person that could be consider "common" and "normal" has their own demons and battles that has to deal with, issues that maybe aren't a hell if compare to others but that can still bring pain and suffering to those that has them.

So this takes me to the "1st World Problems", people that has it very easy and thus gains privilage to cry to the most ridicouls things, the kind of people who often get parioded with the "you'll never understand my pain" meme.
Apr 13, 2022 8:12 AM

Oct 2017
That they absolutely need a nice long vacation in some foreign country or cruise ship once in a year.
Apr 13, 2022 11:09 AM

Jan 2016
First world problems, to an extent, are over exaggerated. But I am often reminded of a quote from the book The Perks of Being a Wallflower. “I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have.” While a reality check every once in a while is nice for you to realize how you've likely got it a hell of a lot easier than that starving kid over in China, it doesn't necessarily mean that most of your feelings are completely invalid.
Apr 13, 2022 1:56 PM

Oct 2010
I don't know for I live in romania, we don't have those problems here
Apr 13, 2022 1:59 PM

Oct 2016
I can't pick anything to play from my huge Steam library.

「鳴な雁, どつこも同じ, うき世ぞや」"Don't cry wild geese, it's the same everywhere - this floating world. ~ Kobayashi Issa" (1763-1828)
Apr 13, 2022 2:45 PM
Oct 2020
i certainly like this stoic practice of trying to visualize bad things happening to me. get rich quick scammers advocate the opposite. visualize positive tings happening to you. they say it motivates you. it probably creates unrealistic expectations that do more more harm than good. negative thinking on the other hand creates gratitude. i have no routine for it, so i don't do it everyday, but sometimes i for example try to imagine i lost an arm or something. i try to really feel it. what problems would i have day to day with that condition and so on. than i open my eyes and realize that i still have it. perhaps this practice helps against getting upset over insignificant things. when i am buying groceries i often see people getting extremely angry over waiting a couple minutes in the queue. they start to breath heavy, make annyong noises and demand the opneing of another cash desk. people like that should really work on themselves.
Apr 13, 2022 2:53 PM

Feb 2010
TheAngryNerd said:
I've never eaten a single big mac in my life :( (not ridiculous)

Anyways, any invented term with "phobia" at the end. Like "fatphobia" for example. We're trying to keep everyone healthy so they can live longer and have a more pleasant life, but hey, if eating yourself into obesity and several health problems is your jam then go ahead, it'll be your fault when said health problems creep up on you.

Fatphobic??? 😃
https://9gag.com/gag/aegZO2m
(the replies haha)

OOF 😣
https://9gag.com/gag/aOQVzz3

Apr 13, 2022 6:19 PM

Dec 2019
Shishio-kun said:

Fatphobic??? 😃
https://9gag.com/gag/aegZO2m
(the replies haha)

OOF 😣
https://9gag.com/gag/aOQVzz3

Quality videos XD

This reply on the second one though wtf lmao
Apr 13, 2022 7:59 PM

Nov 2013
People evolved to never be satisfied with what they have, so what they are born into won't be anything special. Even people born into luxury will complain, be sad about not being able to self-actualize into something more and want more. Happiness is mostly relative like that.

It's pretty silly but it's real human psychology. Those using this site live in such luxury compared to the vast majority of the world, and we should all keep that in mind still.

To name something though, people who are like 19 complaining that they can't move out because rent is too expensive. In most of the world the idea of moving out especially at such an early age is such a strange concept.

I can see you

Apr 13, 2022 8:37 PM
Dec 2017
first world problems are never problems at all in the first place.

Apr 14, 2022 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
Too many food options, Cafe/restaurant selection is always a challenge. :(((((
Apr 14, 2022 6:03 AM

Oct 2008
I want to buy the latest model tablet or laptop so I can play my game. But I want someone else to do the research. Find it, check the stats and buy it for me, I'll just pay him when he comes to deliver it to me.
Apr 14, 2022 8:08 AM

Mar 2018
MasterGlyth said:
People evolved to never be satisfied with what they have, so what they are born into won't be anything special. Even people born into luxury will complain, be sad about not being able to self-actualize into something more and want more. Happiness is mostly relative like that.

It's pretty silly but it's real human psychology. Those using this site live in such luxury compared to the vast majority of the world, and we should all keep that in mind still.

To name something though, people who are like 19 complaining that they can't move out because rent is too expensive. In most of the world the idea of moving out especially at such an early age is such a strange concept.

Is like people say, "you don't know what you have until you lose it", then begin to appreciate it.

More topics from this board

» How would telepathy affect society?

NonaryGames - Aug 23, 2015

29 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - 4 hours ago

12 by Mayahuel »»
50 minutes ago

» The Curse of Overtourism

Meusnier - May 21

27 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» I think we live in a super-deterministic universe.

purple_rayn - Jun 10

42 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» have you been sick this winter? ( 1 2 )

Star_Boy - Jan 17, 2013

95 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.