Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 6, 2021 5:59 PM
Apr 2020
Now i am worried, this is cloverworks right? The one who butchered horimiya, Promised neverland and wonder egg priority? This is worrying
Dec 6, 2021 6:06 PM
Jan 2021
I don’t think u can butcher this one tho, so I’m not too worried about it. Let’s just keep our hopes up lol
Dec 6, 2021 6:17 PM
Nov 2021
Symphonizexx said:
Now i am worried, this is cloverworks right? The one who butchered horimiya, Promised neverland and wonder egg priority? This is worrying

I still have high hopes for this. And I didn't really see alot wrong with horimiya and promised Neverland. Usually things that get me are when they cut out too many of the manga scenes or mess up the animations but the animations looked good in the trailer. Let's just hope they don't cut out too many manga scenes.
Dec 6, 2021 6:20 PM
Jul 2020
Clover did indeed butcher TPN S2 and the ending of Wonder Egg, but Horimiya was totally fine they just selected the best chapters of the manga. Also every studio has its blunders, but Clover have made some pretty good shows as well, so I don't think that they'll mess up My Dress-Up Darling.
Dec 6, 2021 6:43 PM
Feb 2021
The reason why TPN and Horimiya turn out like that is mainly because both series has ended so they decide to rush it. And that’s Aniplex’s decision, not CloverWorks. WEP is the story writer fault.
There are no reason to rush this. There are only 65 chapters and if there’s 12 episodes, it will only adapt like 40-50 chapters so rush it won’t result to anything.
Dec 6, 2021 6:49 PM
Jul 2018
Well, not a big deal for me if it's rushed again. Length of the manga is not that long (yet) and still ongoing compared to Horimiya and TPN so I don't see any point in rushing it.
Dec 6, 2021 7:38 PM
Jun 2021
I highly doubt you can screw this one up unless the animation is horrendous and I'm fine if they change somethings cause there are somethings that are ok to change but I dunno how you could possibly butcher a slice of life one last thing they have some other god things tho i think wonder egg and tpn s2 were outliers and I think they are a decent studios
Dec 6, 2021 9:11 PM
Jun 2020
Symphonizexx said:
the question that is important is if they will censor that anime or not because there are sometime nipple to see.
Dec 6, 2021 9:40 PM
Mar 2021
Tf? Cloverworks did not butcher Horimiya. Horimiya anime was supposed to promote the manga. And that's why they only put scenes enough for making people get into manga. Wonder egg priority is an original. Not sure why you're saying it's butchered. Tpn season 2 is probably done bad by clover works I have no idea since I don't care enough to watch tpn. But it is also the same clover works that made tpn season 1 full hype and brought so many fans and audience towards it
Dec 6, 2021 9:42 PM
Mar 2021
AbelDande said:
The reason why TPN and Horimiya turn out like that is mainly because both series has ended so they decide to rush it. And that’s Aniplex’s decision, not CloverWorks. WEP is the story writer fault.
There are no reason to rush this. There are only 65 chapters and if there’s 12 episodes, it will only adapt like 40-50 chapters so rush it won’t result to anything.
check your facts. Horimiya was promoting the manga. It was supposed to have fewer scenes that are just enough to get people into manga. It wasn't an anime that was supposed to adapt so much from the manga. There's no point in putting the whole movie in a trailer. Here horimiya anime was a trailer to the manga
Dec 6, 2021 11:57 PM

Jul 2016
You need to move on TPN s2. And Horimiya adaption is solid, and they adapted highlighting the strong chapters of manga because Horimiya is riddled with fillers that does slow the story. WEP is original so your defination of butchered are nonsense. And they end it open ending, which is suck but its a norm for original anime because of circumstances

Dec 7, 2021 2:28 AM

Feb 2019

• The studio, as an entity, barely has any effect on the adaptation outside of animating it.
  • The series composition is handled by a completely different person to that of the shows listed.
  • And you're ignoring all the various anime they didn't screw up, so to say CloverWorks is something to worry about is cherry-picking.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Dec 7, 2021 2:56 AM

May 2015
I don't think it deserves an anime adaptation. It has turned into a cosplay tutorial rather than a rom-com manga.
Dec 7, 2021 4:09 AM

Sep 2018
I don’t think they butchered horimiya at all, to be honest. They showed almost all the important points, the rest is just slice of life. The end of the manga is just as incomplete as the end of the anime
Dec 7, 2021 4:16 AM

Feb 2020
Cloverworks main problem all 3 of them was episode count. Only thing they could do in this case is a anime original ending like they did with shadows house.
I don't think this anime would be in trouble. On the other hand, I really don't want summertime render's studio turning out to be cloverworks as most people predicting (that would a goner,if it turned out true)
AdampkDec 7, 2021 4:29 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 7, 2021 4:39 AM

Sep 2018
TanakaTarou24 said:
AbelDande said:
check your facts. Horimiya was promoting the manga. It was supposed to have fewer scenes that are just enough to get people into manga. It wasn't an anime that was supposed to adapt so much from the manga. There's no point in putting the whole movie in a trailer. Here horimiya anime was a trailer to the manga

95% of the things they didn’t adapt are slice of life, which are great but doesn’t move the story forward. The anime adapted all of the main plot points and is just as complete as the manga in terms of story, but if you still want more, there’s a lot of slice of life with the characters in the manga; I think it was a great ideia.
DeaneDec 7, 2021 11:17 AM
Dec 7, 2021 4:54 AM
Mar 2021
Deane said:
TanakaTarou24 said:

95% of the things they didn’t adapt are slice of life, which is great but doesn’t move the story forward. The anime adapted all of the main plot points and is just as complete as the manga in terms of story, but if you still want more, there’s a lot of slice of life with the characters in the manga; I think it was a great ideia.
the manga was supposed to be slow life slice of life series. That's why they are cut out
Dec 7, 2021 6:05 AM
Jun 2021
I don't think they butchered horimiya, ik they left out some good moments but over all i think it was a decent adaptation.
Dec 7, 2021 6:37 AM

Sep 2018
TanakaTarou24 said:
Deane said:

95% of the things they didn’t adapt are slice of life, which is great but doesn’t move the story forward. The anime adapted all of the main plot points and is just as complete as the manga in terms of story, but if you still want more, there’s a lot of slice of life with the characters in the manga; I think it was a great ideia.
the manga was supposed to be slow life slice of life series. That's why they are cut out

Yeah I know, I was just defending the anime’s decision to cut most of the non-important chapters out. I really enjoyed both the manga and the anime, I just think it was wise to focus more on romance than on slice of life for a 12 episode season.
Dec 7, 2021 6:52 AM
Aug 2021
If they really want to do the series justice, they should only adapt 2 (at a push 3) chapters per episode. If I think of animes that pretty much adapted their source manga 1:1, then a 12 episode season contained 20-24 chapters of content (I'm thinking of things like Grand Blue and Boarding School Juliet). Some Sono Bisque Doll chapters are shorter (with multiple full page panels focusing on a certain action) so I could see maybe the first 30 chapters being adapted 100% faithfully. Again, Cloverworks is an animation studio, and the animation looks EXACTLY like the manga's art style. If there is a fuckup, blame the writer and director. I really hope that's not the case.

Regarding Horimiya, I never read the manga so I won't comment on it, but I really enjoyed the anime. It almost seemed natural to focus on side characters in the second half of the season because Hori and Miyamura had already gone through their trials. I will however say that Shu didn't need a whole damn episode. But other than that, I really enjoyed it and it remains in my top 5 romcoms.
Dec 7, 2021 10:22 AM
Jan 2017
This is one of my favourite manga due to its art style and contrast in the main characters and the fact that the gyaru doesnt act like a stereotypical gyaru but actually wholesome AF, I may be judging too early but from the looks of the trailer it isnt even gonna come close to my 10/10 range. The only way they can butcher this is if they dont put enough energy to Marin's passion towards cosplay and the facial reactions in the manga specifically with the eyes compared to the trailer is not looking too good, Gojou however is very hard to mess up as a character. Just some privileged nitpicking Im doing, sorry.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Dec 8, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
The problem isn't that it's CloverWorks, the real issue is that Aniplex is handling the anime production for CloverWorks. Most of the issues that arose during the production of these series' were because of Aniplex's bad production process and scheduling.

Shaft have also been getting dragged through the mud by Aniplex for years.
Dec 8, 2021 10:01 AM

Jul 2021
if they butcher it, then blame it to the staff who is responsible for it, not cloverwork as a whole :/ But I do agree that 3 of their production this year were awful.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 8, 2021 11:23 AM

Oct 2019
I mean it depend on Aniplex their higher-ups
We may get great production and faithful to the original source like 86,Demon slayer
or "Fucc i'm drop this project " like The promise neverland

Regardless of how you feel about their anime adaptions... you can't deny their quality visuals
LanceKelzDec 8, 2021 12:10 PM
Dec 9, 2021 1:20 AM

Oct 2020
Don't worry I mean this is also the studio behind Bunny Girl Senpai. so just because Horimiya and Promised Neverland S2 didn't live up to many people's expectations doesn't mean the same thing will happen again.
Dec 9, 2021 2:59 PM

Jul 2016
Snow_dropindo99 said:
Don't worry I mean this is also the studio behind Bunny Girl Senpai. so just because Horimiya and Promised Neverland S2 didn't live up to many people's expectations doesn't mean the same thing will happen again.
TPN s2 only because Horimiya is good and popular. And they adapt it by not adapting, what becoming the manga stale and boring. So good adaption

Dec 10, 2021 7:30 PM

May 2021
Tbh only TPN S2 was ruined, the rest like Horimiya is only full of fillers SOL that does slow the story, while WEP the source is original, so it doesn't make sense if you blame the studio because the ending isn't what you expected, you should complain to the author who made the story. also don't overlook the fact that Cloverworks is the studio that worked on Bunny Girl Senpai and they adapted it well. So just because they mess up 1 or 2 of your favorite anime doesn't mean all their anime is badly adapted.
Yukino_chan99Dec 10, 2021 7:34 PM
Dec 11, 2021 4:17 AM

Feb 2018
ponygobyebye said:
If they really want to do the series justice, they should only adapt 2 (at a push 3) chapters per episode. If I think of animes that pretty much adapted their source manga 1:1, then a 12 episode season contained 20-24 chapters of content (I'm thinking of things like Grand Blue and Boarding School Juliet). Some Sono Bisque Doll chapters are shorter (with multiple full page panels focusing on a certain action) so I could see maybe the first 30 chapters being adapted 100% faithfully. Again, Cloverworks is an animation studio, and the animation looks EXACTLY like the manga's art style. If there is a fuckup, blame the writer and director. I really hope that's not the case.

As you said, the chapters contain around 20 pages...And in addition, some pages illustrate the same scene...

3 chapters per episode could be nice I think... If we have 13 episodes like Bunny Senpai, Shadow House or Horimiya.
The last episode with chapter 37-39 could be a good ending.

I'm not an "expert" but it seems reasonable to me, while allowing to cover half of the available volumes.

Personally I liked most of the works of CloverWorks, and I'm happy that this studio is adapting this manga.
In any case, I see no reason to rush this manga. There are several points where they can stop.
However, I hope the ecchi side won't be too present.
Dec 11, 2021 4:24 AM
Aug 2021
Tomlora said:
ponygobyebye said:

As you said, the chapters contain around 20 pages...And in addition, some pages illustrate the same scene...

3 chapters per episode could be nice I think... If we have 13 episodes like Bunny Senpai, Shadow House or Horimiya.
The last episode with chapter 37-39 could be a good ending.

I'm not an "expert" but it seems reasonable to me, while allowing to cover half of the available volumes.

Personally I liked most of the works of CloverWorks, and I'm happy that this studio is adapting this manga.
In any case, I see no reason to rush this manga. There are several points where they can stop.
However, I hope the ecchi side won't be too present.
I agree with your point that the late 30s are a good place to stop. As long as I see the moment Kitagawa falls in love with Gojou on the train home from their first cosplay event, I'll be very happy. I can't remember exactly which chapter that is (14 maybe?) but that's basically guaranteed to be covered, and could make a nice halfway point.

Unlike your generic romcom, the ecchi in here is fairly sexy without being explicit (if that makes any sense). Another manga that is extremely erotic without shoving tits, ass and panty shots in your face is Yancha Gal no Anjou-san, which is incidentally also very good and I would like to see animated. It's like an ecchi-er high school Takagi-san.
Dec 11, 2021 5:11 AM

Feb 2018
ponygobyebye said:
I agree with your point that the late 30s are a good place to stop. As long as I see the moment Kitagawa falls in love with Gojou on the train home from their first cosplay event, I'll be very happy. I can't remember exactly which chapter that is (14 maybe?) but that's basically guaranteed to be covered, and could make a nice halfway point.

Unlike your generic romcom, the ecchi in here is fairly sexy without being explicit (if that makes any sense). Another manga that is extremely erotic without shoving tits, ass and panty shots in your face is Yancha Gal no Anjou-san, which is incidentally also very good and I would like to see animated. It's like an ecchi-er high school Takagi-san.

It's

When I refer to the ecchi side, I hope the studio won't exaggerate. You know... with more scenes, more dialogues, more fanservices or even just zooms.
The manga is well balanced on this point, so I hope it will be respected.

Dec 11, 2021 5:27 AM
Aug 2021
Tomlora said:
ponygobyebye said:

It's

When I refer to the ecchi side, I hope the studio won't exaggerate. You know... with more scenes, more dialogues, more fanservices or even just zooms.
The manga is well balanced on this point, so I hope it will be respected.

I agree with you about balance. Marin is made to be sexy without it being cheap.
Dec 11, 2021 5:29 AM

Jul 2020
Starry_sky25 said:
Symphonizexx said:

I still have high hopes for this. And I didn't really see alot wrong with horimiya and promised Neverland. Usually things that get me are when they cut out too many of the manga scenes or mess up the animations but the animations looked good in the trailer. Let's just hope they don't cut out too many manga scenes.

They literally skipped 50+ chapters in Horimiya which had some fun moments in it.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 11, 2021 6:27 PM
Nov 2021
Scordolo said:
Starry_sky25 said:

They literally skipped 50+ chapters in Horimiya which had some fun moments in it.
yeah, I did know that even tho I didn't read the manga haha, but even so, I wouldn't say it was butchered, cos it was still good fun to watch.
Dec 11, 2021 6:28 PM

Jul 2016
Scordolo said:
Starry_sky25 said:

they literally cut the boring parts of Horimiya so being compact adaption is good.

Dec 11, 2021 6:31 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Jesus fucking christ people, its ANIPLEX and other people in the production committee who makes an anime get messed up, not CloverWorks. CloverWorks are just told to do the story with a certain amount of time and maximum of episodes and they're just doing their damn best so stop with the doomposting about the studio itself already.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 11, 2021 8:34 PM
Nov 2021
DatRandomDude said:
Jesus fucking christ people, its ANIPLEX and other people in the production committee who makes an anime get messed up, not CloverWorks. CloverWorks are just told to do the story with a certain amount of time and maximum of episodes and they're just doing their damn best so stop with the doomposting about the studio itself already.
Thankyou bro,more people need to hear this.
Dec 12, 2021 2:23 AM

Oct 2020
DatRandomDude said:
People should know about this. just because one or two of Cloverworks anime didn't live up to their expectations, people jump to the conclusion that all of their anime adaptations are bad.
Dec 13, 2021 3:24 PM
Jul 2018
Symphonizexx said:

Bruh. Horimiya was good, people liked that show a ton. And, lots of people liked Wonder Egg, at least towards the beginning, which was their first original. Plus, they've done Bunny Girl, Shadows House, and the first season of Neverland. They deserve at least some credit. At the very least the show will look amazing
Dec 13, 2021 5:47 PM

Feb 2018
One of the advantages with this manga is that they can stop around chapter 30 to make a "slow" adaptation (volume 4)... Or adapt more chapters and continue until chapter 38 or 39 (volume 5).

I don't think this manga will be rushed.... Because some chapters aren't very long and represent several shots of the same scene.

It has currently 8 complete volumes... I don't think they plan to adapt more than 5.

With all these options, I think Cloverwork can make a good adaptation :)
Dec 20, 2021 4:23 PM

Jun 2021
This will be one of the best animes, im sure about that

And Marin will be the best girl from 2022! <3 She is just PERFECT
Dec 24, 2021 9:48 AM

Nov 2020
A romance anime that doesn’t really have any romance in it doesn’t have potential in the first place. Literally all it covers is cosplay, and I don’t see that as a genre with potential for success at least in terms of a good anime. But with all these weird new tastes coming about in modern society this will prob end up becoming very popular. Tis a shame.
Dec 26, 2021 8:43 AM
Feb 2019
Reminds me of the premise for Runway de Waratte, anyone else? Like scarily similar plot!

Also, I agree that they screwed up Wonder Egg Priority near the end but it's kinda to be expected since ints an anime original, doesn't have a solid source to follow...

Promised Neverland Season 2 was a tragedy the way they massacred the ending...

...But... I don't see how Horimiya was botched at all, maybe to manga readers they might've skipped a lot of the original source material but it didn't "feel" rushed at all. Like if there wasn't a manga to base off of, just watching the anime felt perfectly fine, nothing was out of place
Dec 27, 2021 8:39 AM

Aug 2020
Symphonizexx said:

Let me set things straight. CloverWorks did NOT butcher TPN s2, the manga author instructed the studio to do so. They may have been the ones to animate it, but it wasn't up to them. If they chose not to follow her orders, they would have been sued. Horimiya wasn't that bad, they left out some chapters, and with WEP, that was a show animated by junior, overworked, animators. They didn't know how to craft the best story. Let's stop looking down on CloverWorks, they have done brilliantly in the past with the amazing adaptation of Bunny Girl Senpai, which brought the Light Novel to life.
Jan 1, 2022 10:59 AM

Mar 2014
Wonder Egg Priority was anime original, it literally cant be butchered. The plot just became a convoluted mess later on. Blame the script writers, not animators.

Horimiya has 12 episodes, they tried to do what they could with this limited time. You cant adapt hundreds of chapters in 1-cour.

Cloverworks deserves criticism, specially about how it overwork it's animators, but enough, man. Promissed Neverland is over. Many other animes were produced since then, some very good, others, bad.

Also this is mostly a comedic romcom with low level ecchi. It can hardly be butchered, unless they try to fit a ton of content in the first season.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jan 2, 2022 8:16 AM
Aug 2021
Starry_sky25 said:
Symphonizexx said:

Bro, how can you not see much wrong with promised neverland?? They literally cut out Yugo and the Goldy Pond Arc… :((
Jan 2, 2022 2:11 PM
Mar 2021
I mean, but this is also the same studio that bought us bunny girl senpai, the saekano movie, and fate grand order
Jan 2, 2022 11:02 PM
Nov 2021
40Days said:
Starry_sky25 said:

Bro, how can you not see much wrong with promised neverland?? They literally cut out Yugo and the Goldy Pond Arc… :((
okay ,I don't actually know why I wrote that lmao, cos I didn't even like the promised Neverland that much ngl 😂
Jan 3, 2022 6:07 AM

May 2012
Now i am hyped, this is cloverworks right? The one who brought us Bunny Girl Senpai and Horimiya. This is awesome.
May 11, 2022 1:03 AM

Oct 2008
I read the manga for this, I don't see it as worthy of as much hype as you.
As for CloverWorks, they do good work, not perfect work, but good enough.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Mar 26, 2022

486 by Roses14qw »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

395 by Lanz »»
Jun 1, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

192 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 5, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2022

243 by Over1dynasty »»
Apr 29, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Feb 12, 2022

231 by Netbug »»
Apr 29, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.