Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Period
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 26, 2021 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
Ryuuji's whims lead both him and Yaguchi into finding themselves out into a cold night's getaway from home for all the trouble of the former, just days before the 2nd Exam.

Where else to find lodging in Odawara with 4000 yen on hand, and a business house it is. Pretty surprised that the manager knew that Ryuuji is cross-dressing with a stoic expression. But in the midst of all this, Yaguchi feels like he's burnt out from drawing, and the callus rashes are getting worse while both breathe the smell of the sea. The manager's quite the nice attendant though.

Ryuji's character exposition into beget from his parents not accepting his cross-dressing to the total abandonment of art with lots of money wasted, I'd understand why he's ever thought of suicide. But drawing themselves naked? That's a new thing for both to experience while both guys converse Ryuuji's family issues. Just kinda sad that his grandmother supported his dream because she likes to draw, but has no say in the family to defend Ryuuji and his dream of creating art.

Would it be better if Ryuuji was like Komi-san's Najimi? No one really knows but Yaguchi understands Ryuuji so better, and drawing their nude self-portraits in the colour of the ocean blue. Giving Yaguchi rash medicine, and his burdens feel light after that one night. Ryuuji has taken his first step into venturing in something different, and so will Yaguchi for the 2nd Exam.

It's time for Geidai's 2nd Exam, and taking stairs to their assigned room while the elevator's out of order, that's excruciating...and Yaguchi's rashes only makes his skin even more numb. Will he get to the test room in one piece?
KANLen09Nov 27, 2021 7:00 PM
Nov 26, 2021 9:47 AM

Jul 2021
at 3:6 :
it is funny / incorrect that after they left the shiny train , the managers immediately turn off all the lights of the train-station .
i was expected that the 2 main characters would get robbed in front of the dark train-station , lol .

at 3:32 :
this love-hotel looks more like an abandoned building , lol , no light in the rooms = no customer .

at 4:32 :
in case someone didnt notice : yuka-chan takes off his scarf and shows his adam 's apple in his neck to the business-hotel 's owner . it is the proof of his male gender :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam%27s_apple

i bet the owner thinks that these 2 young , under-age boys rent a room to have $ex , lol .
daywithoutgamesNov 26, 2021 10:03 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Nov 26, 2021 9:54 AM
Jul 2016
I feel the staff really upped the quality in this one or maybe I just viewed it with rose tinted lenses for how well it was adapted from the source material. Great episode now for Geidai's 2nd Exam.
Nov 26, 2021 10:12 AM

Apr 2018
CH20-21
The second exam is actually in like 2 days and Yaguchi just went along with Ryuji. This could end up badly for him but you have to be there for your friend. It'll be hard to find a place to stay with only 4000 yen on hand lmao. They managed to find a business hotel, Kogetsu. The manager knew that Ryuji was cross-dressing. That face expression was something else. Even for someone like Yaguchi, it's getting hard to draw everyday and find the inspiration for it and not getting a burn out. The rashes keeps getting worse and worse.

We all thought that the manager would be a scary guy but he seems to be a pretty friendly guy. There was some nudity in this episode, it really set the tone for Ryuji and Yatora laying bare everything between them, pun fully intended. Some people might mistake this for a Ryuji-Yatora ship but that's not the case here. They're developing a powerful fully understood bond. This is the moment where Ryuji shined. His parents did not accept him cross-dressing and that led to a lot of other problems which ended up with thoughts of killing yourself. Ryuji being told not to commit suicide before not being embarrassed hit really hard. But, the chemistry between them both is slowly building up. Even with the divider between them, they were finally communicating openly and truly.

Yaguchi never expected to have this kind of conversations with Ryuji. He might be the only one that really understands him down to the core. A really beautiful episode which strenghted both their bond and Ryuji's character.

Anyway, Geida's 2nd exam is starting and it ain't going fine for our boy, Yaguchi. The rashes got even worse.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 26, 2021 11:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
SideCharacterKal said:
CH20-21
The second exam is actually in like 2 days and Yaguchi just went along with Ryuji. This could end up badly for him but you have to be there for your friend. It'll be hard to find a place to stay with only 4000 yen on hand lmao. They managed to find a business hotel, Kogetsu. The manager knew that Ryuji was cross-dressing. That face expression was something else. Even for someone like Yaguchi, it's getting hard to draw everyday and find the inspiration for it and not getting a burn out. The rashes keeps getting worse and worse.

We all thought that the manager would be a scary guy but he seems to be a pretty friendly guy. There was some nudity in this episode, it really set the tone for Ryuji and Yatora laying bare everything between them, pun fully intended. Some people might mistake this for a Ryuji-Yatora ship but that's not the case here. They're developing a powerful fully understood bond. This is the moment where Ryuji shined. His parents did not accept him cross-dressing and that led to a lot of other problems which ended up with thoughts of killing yourself. Ryuji being told not to commit suicide before not being embarrassed hit really hard. But, the chemistry between them both is slowly building up. Even with the divider between them, they were finally communicating openly and truly.

Yaguchi never expected to have this kind of conversations with Ryuji. He might be the only one that really understands him down to the core. A really beautiful episode which strenghted both their bond and Ryuji's character.

Anyway, Geida's 2nd exam is starting and it ain't going fine for our boy, Yaguchi. The rashes got even worse.

That panel looks amazing, honestly not surprised at this point with all the praise for the manga. Makes it so much more saddesing that it didn't get the best adaptation so far.
Nov 27, 2021 3:46 AM
May 2021
Where is episode 10 actually???
Nov 27, 2021 3:58 AM

Jun 2016
oh my god !! this series is always amazing every episode !!

i cant believe the drama from this , so awesome and good !!
Nov 27, 2021 5:23 AM
Apr 2020
It's nice to relax sometimes to reduce some stress. That mini trip really helped Yakkun clear his head. And he knew more about himself through his naked portrait. But, unfortunately, because his stress piled up, he is now experiencing other physical symptoms aside from his rashes. I hope he'll be fine coz if not, and he won't be able to take the exam, that's too unfortunate. Welp, if that happens, hopefully not, Yakkun can try again next year.

Nov 27, 2021 6:17 AM

Jul 2021
I knew those rashes were going to be trouble just before the second exam, anyone knows what that disease is called irl? I don't think rashes can cause anything more than itching on the affected area. 2 more episodes to go, I really hope they don't end seaon 1 just before annoncing second exam results or something, I'm gonna be so mad and then go straight to read the manga.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 27, 2021 6:37 AM

Aug 2020
WOOOOOOOH. "You'd better die naked" scene was real deep. Also, I understood more about nude painting. Making art really is great. The story is like a 10 but the animation is kinda bad for me which is kinda sad because it has lots of potential . I am happy for the show tho, I still appreciate it, but I think it could've been better.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 27, 2021 6:41 AM

May 2020
Looks like Yatora finally got struck with that degrading health of his, and that too on the very first day of exam. Surviving for a whole 3-days will take everything out of him, but that too will only work if he gets to his alloted room first, so atleast make it through there Yatora.
Nov 27, 2021 6:46 AM

Mar 2016
They really gave Yuka a female body here. In the manga, Yuka—despite being covered in femininity—has a clearly male body, which made it so much more powerful when they stripped naked and looked at their own body. It forced them to face their beauty and ugliness, completely raw.
Nov 27, 2021 7:02 AM

Aug 2021
that's what you get for turning a blind eye on the symptoms of whatever the heck it is
Nov 27, 2021 7:09 AM
Jan 2021
I enjoyed this episode. Reflection, introspection, break throughs. Throw in a bit of cliffhanger. Nice way to start my Saturday morning.
Nov 27, 2021 9:58 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Yatora and Ryuji both go to the beach together and end up staying in a room together at a hotel place. At first, I thought that the manager of the place was not going to be accepting of Ryuji but he turned out to be a nice guy who was just tired xD. He even made breakfast for the two of them which was kind. Ryuji and Yatora both did nude paintings as well. Seems Ryuji feels better now and also seems more fired up about art. I hope Yatora is ok!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDNov 27, 2021 10:01 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 27, 2021 10:14 AM
Mar 2015
Getting naked is not a pretty sight Glad he went to the beach with Ryujji
Nov 27, 2021 10:31 AM

Jun 2019
Best episode of the series so far. It didn’t have the cheese from last episode, but still dove deeper into Ryuuji’s & Yatora’s characters. The story and characters are really good, but it’s a shame this adaptation doesn’t give it the justice it deserves.
Nov 27, 2021 12:31 PM

Nov 2019
I am glad that this episode was adapted quite well as this is probably one of the most important chapters in Blue Period due to the themes of self-discovery, acceptance, friendship, talent and hardwork; all in the three hours before they check out from the hotel.

A real storm is coming, and in fact, it has already come...
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Nov 27, 2021 12:47 PM
Oct 2019
wow Powerful Episode again.

so Ryuuji was Bisex? we learn something new here.

oh boy the rashes, Yatora really should go see doctor.
i got that a year ago, it's really bad.
fcking itchy and your skin feels like burning.
Nov 27, 2021 2:43 PM
Jan 2018
There's one thing I can't stop thinking about, why didn't they let the elevator be used? I know there can be too many people and I wouldn't give everyone time with painting equipment to use but still...I need answers!
Anyway this episode was great I'm in the hype for next week!
Nov 27, 2021 2:46 PM
Angel

Apr 2017
'Then you'd better die naked'. Yet another amazing and real line from this series.

That exam stress is really taking its toll on Yatora's skin...
Nov 27, 2021 3:16 PM

May 2015
The guy who runs a place they stayed in seemed kinda fishy... he didn't actually poison them for hating gay men or something? Is this really just about rashes? Seemed weird to include a scene with free breakfast anyway.
Nov 27, 2021 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
Ryuuji there's still a lot to do, I'm setting expectations for him despite the fact that he's Yaguchi Naked was an unexpected thing, but it was a good idea in itself.
Nov 27, 2021 4:08 PM

Dec 2020
was waiting for this to be animated for so long and was honestly disappointed, but still a good episode overall. not gonna complain too much
Nov 27, 2021 5:35 PM
Mar 2021
It was nice to see yatora and ryuuji geting to understand each other a little bit better.
Nov 27, 2021 6:43 PM

May 2012
"If I fail, it's my fault. If I pass, it's all thanks to me." - Yatora.

Yes, Yatora-kun. If you fail, it's your fault for ignoring your symptoms. But anyhow, this is one of my favorite episodes! The self-reflection, self-discovery, new resolves, de-stressing...wow, never thought that they could do so much in just a short trip.

Honestly, Yatora is shaping up to be one of my favorite anime characters now. So hopefully, he will be able to make it in the second exam. I wonder though why is it affecting his vision when what he have are hives. Hope it's not an anaphylactic shock.
Nov 27, 2021 6:53 PM
Feb 2016
So i've just recently read that, Ryuji won't be in the series for that long, i mean this is how it is in the manga, if im not mistaken. Please, whoever read the Manga, just say that this isn't true. Cuz goddamn he is so likeable
Nov 27, 2021 9:30 PM
Nov 2020
Don't know how good the manga is. But this has been constantly boring so far. The plot felt like all over the place and all chrs & their relationships is not memorable or well written enough to be able to care or relate to them.
Nov 27, 2021 11:46 PM
Nov 2010
Holy crap, the rash is getting really worse for Yatora, plus he has to climb 8 storeys because the elevator is broken. Hope he pulls through this.

Also, great to see Ryuuji open himself up with Yatora kind of coming to his rescue.

Ten said:
The guy who runs a place they stayed in seemed kinda fishy... he didn't actually poison them for hating gay men or something? Is this really just about rashes? Seemed weird to include a scene with free breakfast anyway.

Nah, that's pretty farfetched imo because if that were the case, something would have happened to Ryuuji too, but nothing happened to him.
Nov 28, 2021 1:02 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
As an anime-only, really liking this. Maybe it's because I don't know what I'm missing out on, but whenever I see one of you guys posting a panel from the manga, it looks like I'm missing out on a lot lol.

Going to at least finish the anime first so I can best enjoy it without getting the feeling that it was poorly adapted! And so far I'm finding it pretty good. Will read the manga once the anime finishes airing for sure.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 28, 2021 1:34 AM

Dec 2017
Good episode, a lot to think about and a very good animation. Nudity is such a fascinating art form and one in which many great artists have participated, from the ancient Greeks and their perfectly proportioned gods. Going beyond eroticism, aesthetics and anatomy, we talk about the natural state of the body and its acceptance.

It is difficult to see these scenes without wanting some romance but we know that neither looks for that kind of support in the other (And Yatora is from Yotasuke)

Nov 28, 2021 7:02 AM

Jan 2019
This ep was amazing. Also can anyone tell me what yatora's rashes are? And what's causing the pain in the eye. Cuz rash and problem with the eyes seem pretty unrelated. Maybe it's because of the stress ionno
Nov 28, 2021 7:45 AM

May 2015
eplipswich said:

Ten said:

Nah, that's pretty farfetched imo because if that were the case, something would have happened to Ryuuji too, but nothing happened to him.

Not as far as we've seen yet. The effect was pretty delayed, so still a possibility.
Nov 28, 2021 8:15 AM
Apr 2018
As someone who also have rashes whenever under a lot of stress.

This is what I could say about those rashes, AFAIK since whenever I'm under a lot of stress (like before exams), somehow my immune system goes awry (probably because stress making the hormone in my body imbalance), those rashes itch a lot, the problem is when you scratch it.

If you leave a scar or bleed, that's when the problem would arise, virus and bacteria can enter your body freely from those scar (further explanation, could asked your doctor or watch Cells at Work / Hataraku Saibo), your body will react to those foreign threat with making your body temperature rise / having a fever.

I have once hospitalized because of this.
Nov 28, 2021 8:41 AM

Apr 2015
The typical chapter that teaches the value of friendship, what would be surprising is if Yatora with his deteriorating health would draw until he collapsed

Nov 28, 2021 1:15 PM

Sep 2012
Ten said:
eplipswich said:

Not as far as we've seen yet. The effect was pretty delayed, so still a possibility.

Nope, it wasn't show in the anime, but Yatora has been dealing with these rashes for quite a time already, maybe around few weeks.

Wtf is with seeking all that "gay hate" in anything, seriously
Nov 28, 2021 1:30 PM

Jan 2010
haven't watched the ep yet, but I already read the chapters that this episode adapts.

In the last episode discussion thread, someone said that Ryuji pretty much disappears from the manga after this lil arc of his? That would be a shame. He's such an interesting character, he could get his own series. But I wouldn't be surprised if his character gets pushed to the side since he's no longer pursuing art school with Yaguchi and the others...

Assuming there are only 2 episodes left, I have no clue how this anime is gonna end on a satisfying note, with Yaguchi about to start his second exam but now falling ill. Haven't read far enough in the manga to see what happens.
Nov 28, 2021 6:35 PM

Mar 2020
Man, I remember that one time I got rashes all over my body, even my face had swelled and the itching was so terrible, i thought I was going crazy from it. I remember when the doctor saw me he went like "What the heck is that?!?!!?" and i ended up in the hospital. Anyway, stress is a bitch.
Nov 28, 2021 11:28 PM

Sep 2020
what kind of building with at least 4 floors have one elevator? what about if a disabled person was supposed to come in and take an exam? So stupid honestly. Anyway, Yatora is making a big deal out of this, you have a rash that is somehow weakening you, ask someone else to carry half of the load and you should be fine, I don't want this unwanted drama.

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Nov 29, 2021 5:09 PM

Apr 2020
Dayum, I hope Yatora is fine.
Nov 29, 2021 6:47 PM

Jul 2016
Fantastic introspection episode for both Yaguchi and Ryuuji. Absolutely loved the idea of nude painting being used as way to "force" yourself to face both your virtues and flaws. It felt truly therapeutic.
Nov 29, 2021 10:52 PM

Mar 2015
What a masterpiece, I don't get why this anime doesn't have like a 8.5 average score
Nov 30, 2021 2:02 PM
Jul 2021
Siana_chan said:
What a masterpiece, I don't get why this anime doesn't have like a 8.5 average score
I agree; This is strange for me too ...
Dec 1, 2021 4:20 PM

Jul 2021
Yatora is really being very important to Yuka, helping her psychologically, and trying to help in whatever way he can. I hope that the rashes Yatora has do not make him give up on the second test or make him unable to do so.
asdasdsadad
Dec 3, 2021 10:18 AM
Sep 2015
Too bad they don't go to love hotel, but even if they go, nothing would happen. In fact, it's lucky that they go to homestay near the beach, which lead the situation into them drawing naked self-portrait.
Dec 6, 2021 11:54 AM

Oct 2018
That was the best episode so far. The converstaion between Yaguchi and Ryuuji was the highlight.
Dec 10, 2021 4:09 AM

Jun 2019
That was one great episode once again. From the people talking above, I can see that the adaptation is not the greatest out there. But, I can see what they could've done differently. But, it's a great show nonetheless. I'm enjoying it so far. Happy for Ryuuji that he's alright now but now I'm scared for Yaguchi and his health.

I hope he gets through it fine and without any major problems because I wanna see his mother happy.
Dec 12, 2021 1:12 AM

Dec 2016
This short trip helped both Yatora and Ryuji to learn and discover new things which will help them to evolve.

Do Art universities in Japan usually make their candidates use stairs holding these heavy baggages? That's just cruel... During my A level exams, we used the elevator, each trip consisted of at least 3 or 4 candidates.
Dec 14, 2021 4:56 AM
Jul 2021
yo the rashes i hope yaguchi doesnt give up now he should have treated them damn okay on to the next episode.
Dec 18, 2021 1:08 AM

Oct 2016
This is was one of my many favorite moments of the manga, and they did a solid enough job, great episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2021

220 by iloveaslfua »»
Jul 24, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2021

125 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 28, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2021

134 by huacraft »»
May 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2021

143 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 29, 2021

49 by Kayo_fujinuma »»
Apr 27, 1:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.