Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 1, 2021 12:55 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
I watch a lot of anime. For most of them, I don't even bother completing, let alone add em to my list.

Sometimes, I just stop midway. shows like Hajime no ippo, Monster musume etc etc. I find it annoying if I have to force myself to complete a show. Its my entertainment not my homework

Sometimes I watch only a single episode.

I just find a place I'm satisfied till, and then stop watching. I might pick it back up later who knows. Am I weird? Is it wrong?

Sep 1, 2021 1:00 PM

May 2009
I use my list as a record of what I've watched so it's useful to me to add stuff to my list.

I don't think it's weird at all to not feel like watching more of a thing. Or not even watch a thing at all.

Like you said, it's entertainment, not homework.

Sometimes I want, cognitively, to watch a show, but I just don't feel like watching it at the moment. So I let myself wait until I "want it in my life".
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 1, 2021 1:03 PM

Nov 2019
It is as necessary as you want to make it.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Sep 1, 2021 1:15 PM
Dec 2019
Sometimes it might even be healthy to drop fast, if the alternative is to rage about something (and you do not want to rage on purpose).

For me, in particular when watching seasonals, I like to give a lot of stuff a try. Sometimes you get surprises (like Kageki Shoujo this season). I would absolutely never do that if I had the urge to complete everything.
SylverthasSep 1, 2021 1:19 PM
Sep 1, 2021 1:16 PM
Jul 2020
It's not. Anime is just for enjoyment and if you don't enjoy it then you can drop it. Though sometimes you can stick with it if you expect the plot to get better.
Sep 1, 2021 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
It's your choice. I personally don't see the point in completing something that doesn't interest me. The only people who want you to complete anime and rate it accordingly are rabid fanboys.
Sep 1, 2021 1:21 PM
Jan 2021
stupid question - stupid answer.

stop watching what you don't like, if it's shit - one will see it in 2 minutes. but do you like shit or not - I don't wanna know.
Sep 1, 2021 1:30 PM

Apr 2020
Personally I always try to finish my shows but if you don't want to force yourself and watch something else it's your choice, who am I to judge? (the more time passes, the less I tend to "force myself")
Sep 1, 2021 1:35 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Whatever floats your boat, i had a time like this too. I watched 10 of one Anime and just stopped mid episode and went to watch another one. If you're not in the mood to complete it. Dont bother doing it.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 1, 2021 1:45 PM

Feb 2020
Everyone has the freedom to choose. I simply drop the show if it's too annoying or boring.
Sep 1, 2021 1:57 PM

Sep 2018
It is necessary for me to rate it above 4. If an anime is boring, I'll drop it immediately.
Sep 1, 2021 2:06 PM

Nov 2020
if you don’t complete an anime then you aren’t a true anime fan and don’t deserve to watch anime. putting it on hold is a different story though
Sep 1, 2021 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
NinoHaruhara said:
putting it on hold is a different story though

Unavoidable if you relied on fansubs

Sep 1, 2021 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
No, don't your time on something useless like boku no pico when you could be doing something more important
Sep 1, 2021 5:42 PM

Mar 2019
Yeah it is. If you don't, you go to jail.
Sep 1, 2021 5:47 PM

Jun 2008
Whether I'm 5 minutes in or 50 episodes in, I have no problem dropping an anime if I'm no longer finding it enjoyable. I don't have the time to complete anime for the purpose of completing it anymore. I'll just move onto to anime I already know and love or find something more to my taste.
Sep 1, 2021 5:51 PM

Sep 2020
Yeah of course it's necessary, you have an obligation to finish what you've started.
Sep 1, 2021 6:57 PM

May 2018
for me, yes. I need to watch until finish and if you find something annoying just drop it, nothing wrong with you.
Sep 1, 2021 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
If you're liking the anime then it's necessary to complete.
Sep 1, 2021 7:12 PM

Apr 2019
You can watch the entire anime if you want.
Sep 1, 2021 7:25 PM

Nov 2018
It's really necessary damn. So that if you trash on it, no one can stop you.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Sep 1, 2021 7:27 PM

Nov 2017
If u hate it than drop it but if u like it than I don't see why u shouldn't complete it
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Sep 1, 2021 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
Yes. In my opinion, completing anime is necessary. I always try and complete a show no matter how much bad it may be.
Sep 1, 2021 7:34 PM

Jul 2017
It only becomes necessary if you say that it should. At the end of the day, it’s purely your choice whether you want to complete it or not. Watching anime should never feel like a chore or a job, and if it does feel that way at some point, it’s probably better for you to drop it or put it on hold.
Sep 1, 2021 7:36 PM

Aug 2020
BerriesSan said:
I watch a lot of anime. For most of them, I don't even bother completing, let alone add em to my list.

Sometimes, I just stop midway. shows like Hajime no ippo, Monster musume etc etc. I find it annoying if I have to force myself to complete a show. Its my entertainment not my homework

I just find a place I'm satisfied till, and then stop watching. I might pick it back up later who knows. Am I weird? Is it wrong?

Personally, for me it is. I like to complete what I start. Sometimes I watch one episode, but when I'm willing to give a first look at it. After some weeks I rewatch the first episode, then the whole thing.

But that's just me.

Sep 1, 2021 8:40 PM

Jun 2021
I also do that thing. I watch anime based on my mood. I didn't complete first anime and start another anime but I find a solution.Just watch leftover anime in 2x and 4x speed. My leftover anime complete only in 1day.Problem solved.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Sep 1, 2021 8:54 PM
Aug 2021
It's your choice though, when it bores you. As for me i feel guilty when I'm start watching and stop for no reason, then ended up finishing it
Sep 1, 2021 9:04 PM

Dec 2020
Not really

most of the people who get into anime are to find enjoyment

anime is just another form of entertainment or a way to escape from their daily life

if you didnt liked a show then theres no reason for you to continue it

maybe it gets better in the end but probability of that event remains generally low
Sep 1, 2021 9:05 PM

Nov 2019
All depends on you. If you're watching for enjoyment, it doesn't make much sense to torture yourself through something that's boring you or making you uncomfortable. If reviewing/criticizing is more important than enjoying the show itself, then it makes more sense to tough it out. A completionist might be more tortured by the OCD feeling of missing out than by spending their time on something they dislike. No one is keeping score. Do what brings you satisfaction.
Sep 1, 2021 9:05 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah. Personally I want to watch until the very end since I want to see how it handles it's conclusion

Sep 1, 2021 9:15 PM

Jul 2020
It's completely normal nothing wrong about it, i do it too
Sep 2, 2021 2:23 AM

Oct 2008
Nope it's not weird or wrong. Watching so long as your having fun is the priority.

The only thing you should keep in mind. Don't to get to involved with people who argue about anime (more often in forums). If you have friends here, they might use that to dismiss your opinion or outright insult you. Not just friends either, but anyone here is capable of that and won't hesitate to do it.
Sep 2, 2021 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
That's a good mindset (2). Though, you know those times when you wasted so much time that even how shitty it gets, you just have to see through it until the end.
Sep 2, 2021 2:50 AM

Mar 2015
Of course not, if you don't want to complete an anime there's no point in wasting your time watching it.
Sep 2, 2021 2:57 AM
Mar 2021
BerriesSan said:

I always feel like, eventually, I need to finish an anime. unless it's in my dropped list and then it's a biohazard I shall not touch again. but I'm fine going for months between watching parts of it. I just finally finished Re:Zero season 1 after starting in....May or June??? probably. I have strategically saved up Yuru Camp to use as depression treatment, so it may well be 2022 by the time I finish....the first season. it's just not a show to binge.

but stopping something I've enjoyed watching? hell no. I did that too much with TV, and I have so many regrets.
Sep 2, 2021 10:16 AM

Jun 2020
Nope it isn't compulsory to complete anime. If you feel like you can't watch something, drop it. No one should be forced to watch something which they don't want to.

Personally, I never drop an anime. I might put it on hold and take years to finish it, and even dislike it, but I feel like my opinion on something is more complete that way, and I have experienced the full show.
Sep 2, 2021 10:25 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
It's not necessary to do jack shit. It's not a job. There is no proper or appropriate way to consume fucking anime, in spite of what some mouth breathers online trying to tell you in a Comic Book Guy-esque fashion.

It's your free time, chief. Your call. If you wanna drop something midway because you don't want to finish it, then do it.

Sep 2, 2021 12:25 PM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
No it is not, but wouldn't it make sense to add those titles to your list so you'd know which series you ended up dropping so that you don't mistakenly start watching it again not remembering you already dropped it and where you left of if your interest returns

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1044 by SilveryMoonlight »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime characters you like ONLY for their fanservice? (be honest)

asureiwong - Yesterday

30 by Damuzen »»
23 minutes ago

» Summer 2024 Season

OldLoser - 6 hours ago

22 by Brunilde »»
23 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9130 by HulkTySSJ2 »»
25 minutes ago

» Would you watch gender swapped Mushoku Tensei?

rohan121 - Yesterday

36 by Starfallash »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.