Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 28, 2021 11:27 PM

Jul 2020
deg said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

The fact it's old and you have some dumb smug fans who enjoy it that is it. Main reason I think more people should get into it because honestly if GOT can be mainstream so can LOTGH it's not that complicated.

Secondly again where is the assumption that CSM is a big brain show is coming from. If I was an anime only I would be like oh cool a really edgy violent, sexual battle shonen looks fun. I know that because I read CSM literally after seeing the Quanxi cover art. I didn't expect some big brain title I don't most others do too. Sure you have people who say this isn't like other battle shonen etc but again that's typical hype for any big series.

People in general going into any content or media shouldn't have over inflated expectations that's a good general rule. That doesn't mean you can't get excited if people let it get to the point this is going to be the best thing ever that's their own fault. I just don't get why CSM is exclusive here like seriously we had a thread here and on r/anime saying the same stuff. What's so big about CSM you can't say about every other big mainstream show?

dude if you are around the forums like i am you will see a lot of criticism on battle shonens as they are not big brain aka they are mid to them

Scordolo said:

Not a big brain but certainly different that your usual battle shounen.
Main character doesn't have a certain goal in CSM but in other battle shounen they have a goal it is not about Denji becoming the "StRoNgEsT dEvIL iN tHe WoRlD" but him achieving a peaceful normal life.
No power of friendship in CSM.Denji's team even considered to feed him to the demon in their first mission unlike other battle shounen where the mc's friends will protect him to the end.
And it is not just about sex.The fanservice is really important to Denji's life and character development.
And I won't say it's big brain but it is unique compared to the usual battle shounen we are getting today that's what the hype is all about.
I suggest you to re read and "understand" the series and then compare it to other battle shounen.

>not big brain

thats the point of this thread read the title carefully again

My point was you are seeing Chainsaw man as your usual battle shounen which is certainly not true at all.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 28, 2021 11:28 PM

Jan 2009
Scordolo said:
deg said:

dude if you are around the forums like i am you will see a lot of criticism on battle shonens as they are not big brain aka they are mid to them

>not big brain

thats the point of this thread read the title carefully again

My point was you are seeing Chainsaw man as your usual battle shounen which is certainly not true at all.

you misunderstand me read this part of the OP "this is more about Violent Action and Sex Show with an Anti-Hero Main Character (kinda unique tropes on a battle shonen show)"
Jun 28, 2021 11:30 PM

Jul 2020
deg said:
Scordolo said:

you misunderstand me read this part of the OP "this is more about Violent Action and Sex Show with an Anti-Hero Main Character (kinda unique tropes on a battle shonen show)"

Yeah,makes sense now.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 28, 2021 11:31 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

The fact it's old and you have some dumb smug fans who enjoy it that is it. Main reason I think more people should get into it because honestly if GOT can be mainstream so can LOTGH it's not that complicated.

Secondly again where is the assumption that CSM is a big brain show is coming from. If I was an anime only I would be like oh cool a really edgy violent, sexual battle shonen looks fun. I know that because I read CSM literally after seeing the Quanxi cover art. I didn't expect some big brain title I don't most others do too. Sure you have people who say this isn't like other battle shonen etc but again that's typical hype for any big series.

People in general going into any content or media shouldn't have over inflated expectations that's a good general rule. That doesn't mean you can't get excited if people let it get to the point this is going to be the best thing ever that's their own fault. I just don't get why CSM is exclusive here like seriously we had a thread here and on r/anime saying the same stuff. What's so big about CSM you can't say about every other big mainstream show?

Yeah and that isn't a valid critique in my opinion it's just a dumb bias. Plus again where is the assumption that CSM is big brain? Cause it's super popular? Maybe the reason it's getting popular and why people are hyping it up cause violence and sex is fun? Redline is just a 9 for me because ridiculous action is awesome and the characters look and act cool. Executing superficial action is a quality of it's own and all a lot of people need.

The animation probably is helping. At most I agree cause it's pre animated we should keep our expectations for the overall animation a bit lower though it has a solid cast as that also is helping but in terms of the actual plot who is expecting some story that will be better than anything else out there undoubtedly?
Jun 28, 2021 11:34 PM

Jan 2009
BilboBaggins365 said:
deg said:

Yeah and that isn't a valid critique in my opinion it's just a dumb bias. Plus again where is the assumption that CSM is big brain? Cause it's super popular? Maybe the reason it's getting popular and why people are hyping it up cause violence and sex is fun? Redline is just a 9 for me because ridiculous action is awesome and the characters look and act cool. Executing superficial action is a quality of it's own and all a lot of people need.

The animation probably is helping. At most I agree cause it's pre animated we should keep our expectations for the overall animation a bit lower though it has a solid cast as that also is helping but in terms of the actual plot who is expecting some story that will be better than anything else out there undoubtedly?

damn dude i already told you i assumed a lot of threads will later pop up that this is not big brain story like most hype shows like battle shonen here on MAL
Jun 28, 2021 11:40 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

damn dude i already told you i assumed a lot of threads will later pop up that this is not big brain story like most hype shows like battle shonen here on MAL

Kay so you made some preemptive thread to posts that are going to occur anyway. Every highly touted anime is going to get that post. I am just saying your average casual or naive fan doesn't expect some insightful series. They expect a fun cast, battles maybe a bit of mystery and CSM does have that. It won't suit everyone but that is true of everything.
Jun 28, 2021 11:57 PM

Jan 2009
Attackonfiller said:
I think most people that see "Chainsaw Man" won't expect the deepest thing lol

i sure hope so but im still expecting a lot of threads later on that this show has a mid story or not big brain blah blah its just edgy violent action and sex blah blah
Jun 29, 2021 12:23 AM

Jul 2017
deg said:
Attackonfiller said:

i sure hope so but im still expecting a lot of threads later on that this show has a mid story or not big brain blah blah its just edgy violent action and sex blah blah

We'll have to wait and see what the general hype is once the anime really gets going. Whatever it is, there's always going to be a counteracting force lol.

Jun 29, 2021 3:22 AM
Feb 2021
deg said:
Fada_Fx said:
Woo boo, our first? CSM is MID thread, this is exactly the type of shit I was scared of but eff it, Acceptium. Story aint crazy but prepare for pain

i scored it high i very much enjoyed the manga for what it is

Oh. I don’t think you were hating on it, it’s just that this is the first of many posts that are gonna eventually devolve into “chainsaw man bad”. As long as people know this is a battle shonen, they’ll have fun.
Jun 29, 2021 3:47 PM
Jun 2020
Balo_or said:
I really doubt you read the same manga that I did
This manga needs a seasoned reader to understand its topics
It's like any manga made by Fujimoto Tatsuki
This manga is not for superficial people
It's way better than Attack on Titan
i haven‘t read csm yet but i can‘t imagine that csm has a better story than aot tbh 0_o
Jun 30, 2021 2:19 AM
May 2019
Upon my 4th reread of Csm I actually think CSM is a Masterpiece. It has layers upon layers of things and themes to be rediscovered and dismembered. Its a beautiful coming of age story of the life of an Absurdist protagonist in a meaningless world full of pain and suffering, that gets mischievously groomed and manipulated from the get go. The foreshadowing in this Manga is insane, like AoT levels. And Spoilers Ahead: Makima is one of the greatest written female Villains in Manga. The messages this Manga conveys like the importance of human connection and healthy relationships in the life or upbringing of someone are conveyed beautifully and strongly. It also clearly tells you that we humans need a goal to keep living, why didn’t Denji kill himself even though he knew he would never be able to pay off his debt and would keep living in a shithole and misery forever? Because he wanted to be intimate with someone before he died. Csm is just so Avantgarde it flies over so many people’s heads.
Jun 30, 2021 4:09 AM

Sep 2016
What kind of sex does csm have? is it +18 stuff or mild sexuality.
Jul 1, 2021 12:17 AM

Jan 2009
sager225 said:
What kind of sex does csm have? is it +18 stuff or mild sexuality.

i consider it mild sexuality but its bed scenes
Jul 1, 2021 4:04 AM
Sep 2020
Balo_or said:
I really doubt you read the same manga that I did
This manga needs a seasoned reader to understand its topics
It's like any manga made by Fujimoto Tatsuki
This manga is not for superficial people
It's way better than Attack on Titan

It's kinda like evangelion but with a Fullmetal alchemist ending
Jul 1, 2021 1:11 PM
Feb 2020
Attackonfiller said:

This right here, absolute facts
Jul 1, 2021 1:48 PM

Nov 2016
I'm expecting crazy characters, edginess, sex and insane production value. Should be enough for at least an 8/10 or maybe a 9/10 if I'm really digging it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 1, 2021 8:59 PM
Feb 2020
I’m reading the manga and I went in expecting basically what you described but the story is actually really good. It’s full of crazy moments and cool turns, and there have been some glimpse of incredible writing.
Jul 1, 2021 9:04 PM

Apr 2021
Well it's a shounen so i'm not expecting that anyway
Jul 1, 2021 9:28 PM
Aug 2018
it's not that deep, but it's deep enough
Jul 2, 2021 11:00 PM

Feb 2019
deg said:
this is more about Violent Action and Sex Show with an Anti-Hero Main Character (kinda unique tropes on a battle shonen show)

i consider this a classic Power Fantasy type of show like the usual battle shonens since the main character is a loser or weak but he become powerful and that change his life

to those looking for 2deep4u shows (lots of logic or big brain story) with masterful plot twists like Attack on Titan does for the majority of its run then better lower your expectations

for the record i very much enjoyed the manga since im a simple man

that is all and feel free to discuss if you anime only fans have any other question then ask away

I mean, if you're the kind of person who regards Attack on Titan as a 'complex 2deep4u show with masterful plot' then I guess you'd have no harm in expecting better on Chainsaw Man lol
Jul 3, 2021 9:26 PM

Mar 2019
I have not read it, but is being understandable a bad thing? Remember, complex stories with complex storytelling are never popular.
There are 2 kinds of simple storytelling, which are understandable by everyone and are generally popular:

1. They are just simple stories with less deep meanings. They provide high entertainment value (eg, demon slayer, MHA etc)

2. These are stories with complex themes of politics, racism etc. and have depth. But the writing of author was good and flexible, that even a brainlet can understand them (eg AoT and FMA)

Is calling a type 2 story just a simple and 'not so deep as you think' story fair, because author wrote it so masterfully that even children can understand it?

Does every story have to be a satoshi kon movie for it to be complex?

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Jul 3, 2021 10:53 PM

Mar 2020
Well my expectaions are already shattered by reading the manga ngl. So i am not really expecting anything like that
Honestly i would like to know why CSM is regarded in such a high manner tbh
Jul 4, 2021 6:43 AM
Apr 2021
234Mannan said:
Well my expectaions are already shattered by reading the manga ngl. So i am not really expecting anything like that
what you don't like about chainsaw man?
Jul 4, 2021 2:59 PM

Mar 2019
r3su said:
deg said:
this is more about Violent and Sex Action Show with an Anti-Hero Main Character (kinda unique genres on a battle shonen show)

i consider this a classic Power Fantasy type of show since the main character is a loser but he found great power and that change his life

to those looking for 2deep4u shows with masterful plot twists like Attack on Titan does for the majority of its run then better lower your expectations

that is all and feel free to discuss if you anime only fans have any other question then ask away

I guess Berserk is just about violence and sex with an anti-hero main character as well then.

Surface level explanations like this can misguide newcomers into never experiencing series like CSM.
literally my thoughts on this forum
Jul 4, 2021 3:08 PM

Jan 2020
Tbh, I don't know who to believe, The manga readers aren't saying much except for Waifus, gore, and woof woof, So I don't know if should expect actually well written characters and themes or just another edgy shonen, Hopefully the manga readers talk abt these things just because they're flashy and the show will actually have nuance and stuff.
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Jul 4, 2021 3:13 PM

Mar 2019
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Tbh, I don't know who to believe, The manga readers aren't saying much except for Waifus, gore, and woof woof, So I don't know if should expect actually well written characters and themes or just another edgy shonen, Hopefully the manga readers talk abt these things just because they're flashy and the show will actually have nuance and stuff.
It's a very enjoyable simple series with lots of shit to digest as well. The whole "waifus, gore, and woof woof" are simply the degenerate parts of the fanbase, similar to shippers for MHA. It's a unique shounen that'll keep things fun and interesting the entire ride. The characters are amazing, the world is cruel, and you'll get hit with a lot of unexpected shit that'll make you be like, "what the fuck just happened" but in a good way.
hayziJul 4, 2021 3:18 PM
Jul 4, 2021 3:25 PM

Jan 2020
hayzi said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:
It's a very enjoyable simple series with lots of shit to digest as well. The whole "waifs, gore and woof woof" are simply the degenerate parts of the fanbase, similar to shippers for MHA. It's a unique shounen that'll keep things fun and interesting the entire ride. The characters are amazing, the world is cruel, and you'll get hit with a lot of unexpected shit that'll make you be like, "what the fuck just happened" but in a good way.

Would you say OP is right or wrong then ? Does it try to be "deep" in certain aspects or with certain characters or sticks with bombastic fun and in the moment entertainment (Btw, I'm not belittling any of these methods, Both can be good or bad)

Like is it more similar to something like Demon Slayer and doesn't go deep in much but entertains you nonetheless

More like Tokyo Ghoul ? Because of the edge ?

Or more like AOT or FMA:B with trying to genuinely write good characters that you'll think about after you finished an episode

What would you compare it to
Jul 4, 2021 3:38 PM

Mar 2019
Nalusa_Falaya said:
hayzi said:
It's a very enjoyable simple series with lots of shit to digest as well. The whole "waifs, gore and woof woof" are simply the degenerate parts of the fanbase, similar to shippers for MHA. It's a unique shounen that'll keep things fun and interesting the entire ride. The characters are amazing, the world is cruel, and you'll get hit with a lot of unexpected shit that'll make you be like, "what the fuck just happened" but in a good way.

Would you say OP is right or wrong then ? Does it try to be "deep" in certain aspects or with certain characters or sticks with bombastic fun and in the moment entertainment (Btw, I'm not belittling any of these methods, Both can be good or bad)

Like is it more similar to something like Demon Slayer and doesn't go deep in much but entertains you nonetheless

Or more like AOT or FMA:B with trying to genuinely write good characters that you'll think about after you finished an episode

It's definitely not a mind breaking series that'll be deep and complex like some shows; however, it's not entirely simple either. It's got a good mixture. I'd say its less simple than something like Demon Slayer since there's genuine philosophical elements to the series in regards to the characters and the overall plot development.

It's a few leagues below AOT and FMAB in terms of complexity, but the characters are well written, maybe with a bit less depth (granted it's kinda hard to compare to AOT for a couple reasons). It's definitely nothing like Tokyo Ghoul. It's similar in regard to the action and gore, but it's not edgy at all imo.

I think the best and easiest comparison I can make to this series is something like Jujutsu Kaisen. JJK is a fun series that's simple, but it has solid characters and an intriguing plot. Chainsaw Man is similar with the fact that it's also a fun and simple series with great characters. The difference between the two is that the characters in Chainsaw Man have a bit more depth and the story is more character driven, rather than focusing on a larger plot line.

TL;DR: Chainsaw Man has unique elements that you don't see often in shounen with a major focus on the characters of the series with interesting plot developments as it progresses. It's a fun, simple, yet very interesting series with a lot to like, if its your cup of tea that is.
Jul 4, 2021 3:44 PM

Jan 2020
hayzi said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

It's definitely not a mind breaking series that'll be deep and complex like some shows; however, it's not entirely simple either. It's got a good mixture. I'd say its less simple than something like Demon Slayer since there's genuine philosophical elements to the series in regards to the characters and the overall plot development.

It's a few leagues below AOT and FMAB in terms of complexity, but the characters are well written, maybe with a bit less depth (granted it's kinda hard to compare to AOT for a couple reasons). It's definitely nothing like Tokyo Ghoul. It's similar in regard to the action and gore, but it's not edgy at all imo.

I think the best and easiest comparison I can make to this series is something like Jujutsu Kaisen. JJK is a fun series that's simple, but it has solid characters and an intriguing plot. Chainsaw Man is similar with the fact that it's also a fun and simple series with great characters. The difference between the two is that the characters in Chainsaw Man have a bit more depth and the story is more character driven, rather than focusing on a larger plot line.

TL;DR: Chainsaw Man has unique elements that you don't see often in shounen with a major focus on the characters of the series with interesting plot developments as it progresses. It's a fun, simple, yet very interesting series with a lot to like, if its your cup of tea that is.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, That sounds pretty intriguing, I'll probably wait until a few episodes come out and see if the manga readers think it's satisfying adaptation, If not, I'll read the manga, If yes, I'll most likely start the anime, I haven't watched an action shonen in a long time so I hope I'll have as much fun watching it as others
Jul 4, 2021 3:52 PM

Mar 2019
Nalusa_Falaya said:
hayzi said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply, That sounds pretty intriguing, I'll probably wait until a few episodes come out and see if the manga readers think it's satisfying adaptation, If not, I'll read the manga, If yes, I'll most likely start the anime, I haven't watched an action shonen in a long time so I hope I'll have as much fun watching it as others
No problem man. But yeah, one thing I can guarantee is that the action is fantastic in the series. It's ruthless, cruel, and always exciting. I hope the anime can adapt it all well, but seeing the staff, I honestly don't have any doubts or worries. Mappa is going all in on this anime and I can't wait to see the product they release
Jul 4, 2021 5:20 PM

Mar 2020
Fgtuv4_tg said:
234Mannan said:
what you don't like about chainsaw man?
Maybe How it tries so hard to standout by breaking "common shounen tropes"?Not to mention how edgy it is?I have already done a review on it but well..It had alot of problems..
234MannanJul 4, 2021 5:32 PM
Jul 4, 2021 6:30 PM

Oct 2017
VaweRevawer said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

What series really needs that much brain power to understand it? Series like LOTGH aren't that big brain.
how is it not? has the hardest dialogue i've ever seen in any anime, biggest & most nuanced cast, and in general nauseatingly hard to follow in retrospect. you said it's "nothing not made before", so can u give me any examples of ANIME that have done that before??

Well not many anime but again many anime are made for a YA audience which is my point. Once again the context was around media in general and the confusion why people expect some "big brain" content in a battle shonen or how many anime in general actually are "big brain". That is why I brought up LOTGH yeah it's more involved than a lot of anime but it isn't that hard to actually follow and once again few anime are like it.

That said compared to say other sci fi classics that deal with similar themes like the Foundation and Dune it's nothing that insane or unique. LOTGH has lots of dialogue but it's themes around the appeal of effective authoritarianism, flawed democractic state/populism and the role of the military in them is very straight forward.

Ultimately people really exaggerate how hard it is to get into LOTGH and I think that hurts what could be a series with wider appeal. Like explain to me how it's more complicated than GOT which was incredibly mainstream. It's takes on medieval politics with the same vague historical references are basically the same plus roughly around the same size of cast.

Still if people realized that the average market for anime/manga is more stuff like the Divergent and Hunger Games (though I think Japan does YA media for the most part much better) I think their expectations from shonen manga will be more in line.
BilboBaggins365Jul 4, 2021 6:47 PM
Jul 4, 2021 7:17 PM

Oct 2017
VaweRevawer said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

Well not many anime but again many anime are made for a YA audience which is my point. Once again the context was around media in general and the confusion why people expect some "big brain" content in a battle shonen or how many anime in general actually are "big brain". That is why I brought up LOTGH yeah it's more involved than a lot of anime but it isn't that hard to actually follow and once again few anime are like it.

That said compared to say other sci fi classics that deal with similar themes like the Foundation and Dune it's nothing that insane or unique. LOTGH has lots of dialogue but it's themes around the appeal of effective authoritarianism, flawed democractic state/populism and the role of the military in them is very straight forward.

Ultimately people really exaggerate how hard it is to get into LOTGH and I think that hurts what could be a series with wider appeal. Like explain to me how it's more complicated than GOT which was incredibly mainstream. It's takes on medieval politics with the same vague historical references are basically the same plus roughly around the same size of cast.

Still if people realized that the average market for anime/manga is more stuff like the Divergent and Hunger Games (though I think Japan does YA media for the most part much better) I think their expectations from shonen manga will be more in line.
idk about those two, but maybe i'll check them out. anime-wise then we're in an agreement that lotgh is "deep." oh and "the show feels like it's making fun of me, since it makes me root for characters that killed thousands/millions."

Regardless the point I was making very few anime in general are deep and even those that get classified as such would be able to be understood by most people. That isn't a bad thing but to me it's bothersome how so many people feel this need that their work must have some intellectual quality for it to be consider worth while which is just a bad way to look at media in my opinion.

I just don't understand why we need to have a bunch of threads saying don't get excited for CSM it's not deep. How many anime actually are? How many battle shonen are? Who is actually expecting looking at that trailer some in depth commentary on Nihilism? lol

Honestly CSM and AOT are actually similar regardless of what OP gets at. People forget that AOT was mostly marketed on fast action, violence and character fatalities early on and that what people considered AOT really until the time skip (though you had some subtle world building and themes) and that's also what CSM has. Even when I liked the series I never felt it made some massive in depth commentary on racism, dehumanization or imperialism. Plus CSM does have some commentary on emotionally manipulative relationships, the benefits of ignorance and a lot of other elements in the plot that fans will give more meaning to.

What people are actually expecting is a violent action shonen and if MAPPA can adapt that a vast majority of people will be happy with it. I still don't get what else people would expect. That is what I went in it for based off the covers and recommendations not some pseudo intellectual analysis of human nature. I don't get who would look at the trailer and expect something deep.
BilboBaggins365Jul 4, 2021 7:22 PM
Jul 4, 2021 8:29 PM

Oct 2017
VaweRevawer said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

Regardless the point I was making very few anime in general are deep and even those that get classified as such would be able to be understood by most people. That isn't a bad thing but to me it's bothersome how so many people feel this need that their work must have some intellectual quality for it to be consider worth while which is just a bad way to look at media in my opinion.

I just don't understand why we need to have a bunch of threads saying don't get excited for CSM it's not deep. How many anime actually are? How many battle shonen are? Who is actually expecting looking at that trailer some in depth commentary on Nihilism? lol

Honestly CSM and AOT are actually similar regardless of what OP gets at. People forget that AOT was mostly marketed on fast action, violence and character fatalities early on and that what people considered AOT really until the time skip (though you had some subtle world building and themes) and that's also what CSM has. Even when I liked the series I never felt it made some massive in depth commentary on racism, dehumanization or imperialism. Plus CSM does have some commentary on emotionally manipulative relationships, the benefits of ignorance and a lot of other elements in the plot that fans will give more meaning to.

What people are actually expecting is a violent action shonen and if MAPPA can adapt that a vast majority of people will be happy with it. I still don't get what else people would expect. That is what I went in it for based off the covers and recommendations not some pseudo intellectual analysis of human nature. I don't get who would look at the trailer and expect something deep.
perhaps you should tone down looking at it so one-sidedly - everyone has their pov. on what they consider "deep" in an anime, there's no universal standard. i for one consider kikuhiko's solitude, griffith's decision, yang's guilt, or canute's crisis deep, but hardly anyone would consistently consider all of these examples "deep". it has to click and interwind with your experiences to be "deep," since humans lack the empathy to truly understand those situations on the author's level without having it experienced to some degree themselves.

Well if there is no standard then the premise of this whole thread admonishing fans again kinda is wrong right? As CSM could also be "deep" from another lens. Therefore once again it's being presumptuous on what certain fans would find deep because there are fans who are getting more meaning out of it then ultra violence yay.... It just goes back to really over valuing a series based on how "deep" it is kinda flawed just like the OP was in having to jump to conclusions on why people are excited for it and why they shouldn't be. If it's subjective then again like any show people are going to make up their minds when it comes out.
BilboBaggins365Jul 4, 2021 8:36 PM
Jul 7, 2021 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
ChireaI9 said:
What the fuck?? Chainsaw man is a philosophocal show about absurdism. Have we read the same manga??? Sure, it has fights and sex but it has very complex, deep characters and a lot of cool symbolism and philosophical alegories like Denji being Sisyphus.

Funniest shit i ever read.
Jul 8, 2021 12:46 AM
Apr 2019
At least its deeper and complex than whatever that ending of aot was.....
Jul 8, 2021 10:00 AM
May 2020
Did we read the same manga? How is this not a complex story? The story isn’t even over lmfao. There are no sex scenes??? Bruh
Jul 9, 2021 8:25 PM
Jul 2019
Bababazooka69 said:
At least its deeper and complex than whatever that ending of aot was.....

As 'light_straight' said: "... 2. These are stories with complex themes of politics, racism etc. and have depth. But the writing of author was good and flexible, that even a brainlet can understand them (eg AoT and FMA)..."

The only part that was not easily understandable (to make people make their own conclusions) was the ending, and because Isayama did not guide people by the hand with this, people thinks is an atrocious ending, when is actually really good when you take the time to reflex on it.
Jul 9, 2021 10:33 PM
Aug 2018
Like Fujimoto's Fire Punch, some people see deep meaning in his stories, some people see random stuff happening.

I personally feel it's a mix of both (obviously). But I don't blame anyone that gets taken aback when the randomness strikes and thinks it's just all superficial bullshit. This manga might be crazy popular, but make no mistake, it's actually a love-it-or-hate-it kind of story. Fujimoto hides all of the themes he tackles in the craziness and unpredictability of his stories, but make no mistake, his stories HAVE themes and ideas. Either way, whether people see that or not, I promise that people who stick with it will at least feel strong emotions.

If those are positive or negative, I couldn't tell for sure. I know for sure I'll be recommending this to all my friends knowing half of them will hate it. And I'm okay with that.
Jul 10, 2021 4:37 PM

Oct 2010
to be fair, Chainsaw Man may not be that complex in regards to the plot, it uses the mystery elements well though, anyways, some moments are deep though, it's not your usual nakama power or some shit, I think deg is over simplifying the manga. Also, the tone is not happy-go-lucky, something bad may (and will) happen at any given moment, for a manga which has a setting in our world and being about cops fighting devils, the author does a very good job at maintaining the "real world" atmosphere
Jul 11, 2021 4:18 AM
Mar 2021
Nalusa_Falaya said:
It's an absurdist look at the human condition and a critique of meaning, the characters are also very good.
Jul 11, 2021 4:21 AM
Mar 2021
deg said:
Balo_or said:

Well you really don't understand Chainsaw Man
It doesn't really deal with a lot of big topics. The whole story is about the growth of a young boy named Denji who has almost nothing and Makima who has everything. It's a story about maturity and self-existence. A lot of the characters in the story are trying to find something. It's just a very realistic story. In the way it presents the characters and their problems, this is what makes it a great story
I recommend you to read some books on the same topics to understand

lol fan interpretations can go as deep as any philosophy but come on there is less expositions about those in this manga, youre in denial if those are explained as deep as you all interpreted them now

anyway this is going in circles, this is more on violent action with sex and superficial takes on some philosophy with its few expositions about them that is all for me here
these themes aren't explained with dialogue, they are showed with images.
Jul 11, 2021 9:25 AM
May 2021
The manga kinda went off track near the end but I hope MAPPA does a good job animating it.

Tbh until now I still don't understand a few things in the manga, I'm expecting to get a better grasp of the story in the part two. (≧▽≦)
Jul 11, 2021 7:34 PM

Jan 2020
Honestly, after watching the PV I wasn't expecting much of a complex plot, but I do expect crazy levels of edginess and action (which I like btw, I don't mind that at all). Other than that, I really don't know what to expect. I read like a line or two from the synopsis, so I don't know much. I think it's better this way, I like the thrill. And this show definitely seems like it's going to be thrilling.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1144 by SoloQue »»
Yesterday, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 7, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1017 by RafaKojiro »»
Jun 6, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
Jun 2, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 2, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.