Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 2, 2021 5:19 AM

Apr 2019
OMGGGG this is epic. an anime which actually doesn't power up ridiculously at episode 1. it start off pretty well with that npc event. and the fact that there are comments on the game etc is a piece of fair world building. i dig it

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Apr 2, 2021 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
The animation quality of this show looks surprisingly good.

I kinda get what this anime is aiming for but the main protagonist is dull. Other than that, there's nothing too special about this show imo. Character chemistry sells the most entertainment to me imo, especially with Reona's personality. She's much more entertaining to watch than Yuuki.

Apr 2, 2021 9:32 AM

Aug 2013
Killing your best friend... what a way to start the game. XD

Interesting start so far. Reona forcing Hiro to buy the game was funny. This is something I can enjoy watching.

Apr 2, 2021 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
The first half of the episode was really boring but the moment when he kills the besto friendo, I bursted out laughing. Visually, it looks generic. As long as the comedy is good, I'll keep watching.
Apr 2, 2021 1:00 PM

Jun 2015
I'm already hooked!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 2, 2021 2:10 PM
Mar 2015
This was surprisingly good! I wonder if Hiro can restart the game and try different paths or whether he is just stuck?
Apr 2, 2021 4:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ah yes, as sexy as i would hope... and from here on we now decide who best girl is<333
Apr 2, 2021 7:31 PM
Jan 2021
It's fun to watch actually..
Apr 3, 2021 3:16 AM

Jul 2020
I felt Konosuba vibes watching this first ep ngl. I know that it will become a harem/ecchi at some point but if it delivers consistently good humor, count me in! LOL

I accept random friend requests!
Apr 3, 2021 7:47 AM

Feb 2021
Contrary to popular belief, I, for one am confused as to what the hell is happening. I do have to say it's quite interesting, but still don't get the comedy yet. Nonetheless, will keep watching for now.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 3, 2021 2:19 PM
Mar 2019
I liked it, it is fun. Watch it!
Peace
Apr 3, 2021 4:05 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well that was a riot

also wtf is up with the botting (?) in the episode poll lmao
Apr 3, 2021 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:
The animation quality of this show looks surprisingly good.

I kinda get what this anime is aiming for but the main protagonist is dull. Other than that, there's nothing too special about this show imo. Character chemistry sells the most entertainment to me imo, especially with Reona's personality. She's much more entertaining to watch than Yuuki.

This is the first time I've personally seen you say something negative about a show. Usually you just post episode summaries from what I've seen.

I don't think it's too generic so far, I've seen others say it's similar to SAO but those opinions are pretty baseless. This MC already has a past dark enough for teachers to semi-mock him on it and he's seen being bullied by people. Already it's more interesting than Kirito, although that isn't saying much.
Apr 4, 2021 12:12 AM
Aug 2018
REONA IS GODDAMN THICC, AND SHE IS VOICED BY AYANA TAKETATSU, SO NO DOUBT REONA IS AN ULTIMATE WAIFU MATERIAL
Apr 4, 2021 12:13 AM
Oct 2020
That was fucking good!!
The animation quality is good
Plot at first seemed generic but it became way too unpredictable
I mean who gets the title " best friend killer"in the first ep lol.
And at last but not least that shopkeeper is good no....awesome
I bet there would be guys out there who would be watching solely for her
Glad that i saw the ep late so i dont need to wait much for second ep
Cant wait for next ep
Blah blah blah blah .... So annoying. Are you bastards in heat or something?
- Sakata gintoki
Apr 4, 2021 5:57 AM

Jan 2011
Whats up with the hates in the voting? Troll?

Anyway I liked it.
Apr 4, 2021 10:59 AM

Nov 2020
Liked the first episode, looking forward for the next one!
Apr 4, 2021 11:09 AM

Dec 2013
Ehhh, not for me, another self-insert MC who is surrounded by hot girls for no reason, gonna skip it, it is a shame because the girls design is top tier.
Apr 4, 2021 12:43 PM
Jul 2020
This shit is basically SAO remake, and that make it even worse, disgusting.
Apr 4, 2021 1:31 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I think I found a new waifu.
Apr 4, 2021 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
Hamado_Akasaka said:
This shit is basically SAO remake, and that make it even worse, disgusting.

Like I said, completely baseless lol.

"MMO setting is same, duhhhh"
removed-userApr 4, 2021 9:09 PM
Apr 6, 2021 3:15 AM
Jul 2020
it turns out good than expected. lmao 1st episode was funny.
Apr 6, 2021 8:16 AM

Nov 2015
i feel like im watching SAO Abridged all over again

8/10
Apr 6, 2021 12:02 PM

Apr 2009
Man, that was awful. All that meta commentary - yeah we know - there are already billions VR game anime. It was painful to watch.
Apr 6, 2021 1:37 PM

Dec 2016
z00nex said:
I guess the best thing about this episode was hearing Ayana’s voice. I didn’t expect him to kill his “childhood friend” like that, I wonder what caused that. Didn't like the story so far. I hate the character designs. Not sure if the song that played at the end is OP or ED but I think it was catchy.

“childhood friend” was eating apple with a knife and when MC pounced on him accidentally pushed his hand in which he was holding knife.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 6, 2021 7:04 PM

Feb 2014
I don't see any hope for this title despite it having kinda interesting plot and also some animation budget.
And this is why: despite having a decent plot and not having anything to do with SAO, it tries so hard to be the hard copy of SAO in some moments for no other reason than sincere lack of taste and creativity.
Not only that, but wasting couple of minutes on a scene that shouldn't take more than twenty seconds confirms lack of creativity.
Not only that, but some design decisions (boobs larger than Earth) confirms lack of taste.

Can an uncreative and tasteless director make something better than waste of time?
No.

Lacking one of creativity or taste is more than enough to not be able to produce anything better than mediocre.
Lacking both is but a red flag.

As for that accidental murder scene, it was okay until it wasn't okay anymore.
Apr 7, 2021 1:22 AM

Mar 2021
Great ,it's one of those comedies that i will enjoy but i didn't like the whole he is loser in life and all i mean we
have seen too many of these things he is gonna get encouraged by the realism in the game then it's gonna effect his life and he is gonna stand up to his bullies ,just get to the comedy part man who cares.also the ED was great, loved it.
Apr 7, 2021 5:23 AM

Jan 2021
SlayerGoury said:
I don't see any hope for this title despite it having kinda interesting plot and also some animation budget.
And this is why: despite having a decent plot and not having anything to do with SAO, it tries so hard to be the hard copy of SAO in some moments for no other reason than sincere lack of taste and creativity.
Not only that, but wasting couple of minutes on a scene that shouldn't take more than twenty seconds confirms lack of creativity.
Not only that, but some design decisions (boobs larger than Earth) confirms lack of taste.

Can an uncreative and tasteless director make something better than waste of time?
No.

Lacking one of creativity or taste is more than enough to not be able to produce anything better than mediocre.
Lacking both is but a red flag.

As for that accidental murder scene, it was okay until it wasn't okay anymore.

thats the point, the author is making fun of sao by touching it with reality

MC: kirito clone
MC "best friend": Eugeo
Alicia "childhood love interest" : Alice
Fairy game employee : Yui

just compare the appearances you'll see

smile B)
Apr 7, 2021 6:00 AM

Feb 2014
l0qi said:

thats the point, the author is making fun of sao by touching it with reality

Author is failing at making fun.
Author is making stupidity and bore.
Apr 7, 2021 8:11 AM
Aug 2020
RIP Best Friend Character
Apr 7, 2021 8:32 AM

Dec 2016
So, it's pretty much Joro-kun and Hotaru Shidare inside a crazy realistic VRMMORPG with stakes that escalate everything to 11? I'm in.
Apr 7, 2021 8:51 AM
May 2016
Loved it, Reona best girl
Apr 7, 2021 8:55 AM
Sep 2020
Wait if today is the day of Ep1 then what the heck I watched last week.
Apr 7, 2021 9:12 AM

Feb 2020
Looks promising , first half of that ep was meh but the rest looks really cool ngl
Apr 7, 2021 9:27 AM
Sep 2015
When Martin appeared: Oh, he's hot, now I got a reason to watch this anime
5 minutes later: That reason is gone.
Apr 7, 2021 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
this looks really interesting and funny from the first episode, nice animation and stuff too, cant wait to see how it turns out
Apr 7, 2021 10:38 AM

Dec 2010
Never read the source material nor the manga, so this was something completely new for me, but since i like isekai this first episode was pretty solid and more original. 4/5

ps: Whast's wrong with the score system? Aren't MAL admins yet fixing this bot spamming? All the first episodes of this season have such 1 point score spam.
Apr 7, 2021 10:40 AM

Apr 2020
I really liked it, exited for the rest of the episodes

Why did so many people give this 1/5 on the poll?
Apr 7, 2021 10:50 AM

Dec 2010
apbooyah said:
I really liked it, exited for the rest of the episodes

Why did so many people give this 1/5 on the poll?

All the first episodes of the spring season have such polls altered by BOT spams that push 1/5 score, already reported to administrators, hope they do something about this.

This poll have 1000+ negative votes with only 87 replies, this is absolutely impossible, is a mass bot spam that actually exploit the poll system.
Apr 7, 2021 10:53 AM

May 2013
Didn't expect much, but it was surprisingly entertaining. Nice to have something watchable on Wednesdays from now on.
Apr 7, 2021 11:16 AM

May 2013
This is so good. It is like watching SAO Abridged. This is going to be one of my favorite in season for sure.
Apr 7, 2021 11:47 AM

Feb 2019
Lmao at first I thought this was going to be another dendrogram VRMMORPG show with a Kirito cut out MC. I could not have been more wrong. This first episode was hilarious. It’s like a great mix of Bofuri and Konosuba. Really promising. Art is great, comedy landed and waifus. Should be a free 10
Apr 7, 2021 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
judging by the episode 1s, i like this one better than Sentouin so far lol
Apr 7, 2021 11:59 AM
Jan 2017
High point of the episode: the ED is so catchy it is stuck in my head "DIE DIE DIE DAISUKI..."

the low point: i think Alicia's reaction to her brother's death could be handled better. Most people would advert or close their eyes and scream (denial reaction) rather than stare (fear reaction) at their dead brother(she should be more scared of Hiro instead of her brother naturally but she snapped at him instead). she switched too quick and too sudden, with no build up, and a very disturbing reaction to the death.

Imo if Alicia clenched her eyes shut and covered her ears and screamed. Then raise her head slightly to glare at Hiro when he talked about herbs and coldly reply that herbs won't help to create a sense of unease. Then if she slowly stood up, with her dress slightly dyed in blood and her holding the dagger while repeating Hiro's name. The whole thing could be more impactful.

Other than that: Kisaragi? Reona was really eye candy, her voice was so smooth. Totally ASMR material. Alicia also sounded a bit foreign with her intonation. Along with the ED i say the sound director is doing a pretty good job. Just the scenes are too deliberate and fake after that tackling money shot which up till then was really good in my opinion.
OrangeMoonSGApr 7, 2021 12:09 PM
Apr 7, 2021 1:11 PM

Nov 2018
Again, I wasn't expecting a thing but it managed to make me laugh so I'll try another one or two.
Apr 7, 2021 1:24 PM

Nov 2011
Damn that was a crazy start. I guess we're starting off with the bad end lol.

Reona's body is actually ridiculous looking...but Im in because she is beautiful lol.

The animation is CLEANNN!!! I love it.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 7, 2021 1:51 PM

Jul 2011
I will continue to watch to see where it will go, because looks pretty safe for now.

So is a Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but as Japanese VRMMORPG?
Apr 7, 2021 2:06 PM

Mar 2019
You don't like it when a shows attempt to write about something that they have zero actual knowledge like SAO?. And it's hard to shrug it off through suspension of disbelief when the show begins with the narrator condescendingly explaining at length that actually everybody hates difficult games, and especially hates realistic games. Sorry, Dark Souls, IWBTG, Undertale, Elder Scrolls, and all multiplayer games ever. You've been declared to be unpopular and nobody wants to play you.
It is incredible how the writers of light novels do not know anything about the genre that they supposedly love.
Apr 7, 2021 3:00 PM
Nov 2019
I was expecting it to be shit - but it was OK, nothing outstanding, but watchable.

Apr 7, 2021 4:14 PM
Jan 2019
I think this first episode was good. 3/4 of the harem have already been introduced and they seem to have all the "attributes". The art was solid and the comedy even if it wasn't that incredible did deliver quite well. I'm genuinely feeling bad for the best friend who was killed, poor guy he seemed to be a good friend.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

115 by Maximilius19 »»
May 5, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2021

80 by Lunawolfqueen »»
Apr 4, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

60 by waldy713 »»
Mar 31, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

40 by waldy713 »»
Mar 31, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Kyuukyoku Shinka shita Full Dive RPG ga Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2021

60 by waldy713 »»
Mar 31, 5:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.