Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 27, 2009 12:26 PM

Aug 2008
I agree that this was the best episode, but that doesn't say much. The pacing was manic at best, switching gears every few seconds to a new gag. About halfway through I was asking myself, "What exactly am I watching?"

As for the fight "animation" I don't see how people can say it's good. Most of this show seems like a slideshow with some small things animated for flare.
Oct 27, 2009 2:58 PM
Jul 2008
It was good, but second one was the best so far.
Lucy's voice is so damn annoying. Can't get over that fact no matter what T_T

And the fights scenes are horrible, feels like Yu gi oh every time those circles appear >_>
Or like pokemon..with that dragon in the back, what is that charizard?
Ignel is not about that...
/sigh
Oct 27, 2009 3:23 PM

Sep 2009
overuse of humour sometimes becomes a nuisance....humours amazing but...like for eg: lucy saying " i can hear you guys"-----she said this line 3 times..within 3 mins duration...this ep sort of put me off a little ....they should really have some serious fights with scary highly powerful opponents...its not that fun to see fights which r not like "oh i am going to die the very second" or " i have to have her!"....and what was that wierd booger looking entity lucy brought with her magic???......shall continue to see gray fight....hes one hot human...;)
Oct 27, 2009 3:42 PM

Sep 2009
Yeah... I am not a generic-shounen fan, but this one are enjoying me so far.
Oct 27, 2009 4:34 PM

Sep 2007
noteDhero said:
As for the fight "animation" I don't see how people can say it's good. Most of this show seems like a slideshow with some small things animated for flare.
Yes, it feels like a panel-to-panel animation with coloring.

Can any of you manga readers tell me when (if ever) this becomes good (assuming it will be faithful to the manga)?
Oct 27, 2009 4:39 PM

May 2008
lol that was funny , nice episode

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 27, 2009 4:54 PM

Feb 2009
Haha, funny stuff as always. I'm digging this show more and more.
Oct 27, 2009 5:25 PM

Oct 2009
smokes said:
francismeunier said:

I don't understand why some people like you find the fights horrible. It looks good to me.

Gosh watch some shounen anime's, then reply to others -_-

Ok , I get it so there are other anime series that are shounen animes better than this? On profile suggest me some but I still wanted to know what is making people not like the fights in this series because I find them great.
Meri said:
And the fights scenes are horrible, feels like Yu gi oh every time those circles appear >_>
/sigh

Ok , I see now part of your opinion but I don't really know these references yet. So it looks bad. Guess I have not seen much animes to not like a style like that maybe.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 27, 2009 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
Way to leave a cliffhanger! I bet the "secret" is something stupid/supposed to be funny.

I still really dislike Happy's voice ughhhhh. Plue is adorable though.
Oct 27, 2009 6:04 PM

Aug 2008
I'm going to guess the secret is that it's a really bad book.
Oct 27, 2009 6:06 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:

Surely it is (or, going by standars in these kinds of things, it's probably gonna be some awesome stuff...) Still, since this anime has so far been as it has, maybe it's just like you're saying, a really bad book : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 27, 2009 6:38 PM

Aug 2009
I'll say a hint.
Oct 27, 2009 6:43 PM

Mar 2009
2nd show dropped this season.
Oct 27, 2009 6:57 PM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:

Yeah, that was my first thought too. But then she said something about there being a secret hidden within it, and she was all "why is this in here?" so maybe it's not as straightforward as "lol the book is realllllly bad in comparison to that guy's others and he feels ashamed enough to set a bounty for its destruction".
Oct 27, 2009 7:19 PM
Feb 2009
ok episode. feel very funny when those 2 merc said the weakness of magicians r their body since there arent any magician in fairy tail that is "weak" in body

just notice that i have no recall of lucy using her silver key "the harp", lyra...
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 27, 2009 7:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Lame animation. I think doing a slide show of the manga would bear better result than this.

Shame that the animation is so poorly done. I is as bad (if not more) than Vampire Knight anime.
wakka9caOct 27, 2009 7:41 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 27, 2009 8:02 PM

Mar 2009
DISTURBING episode.

Boring battle.

A few funny scenes of Happy and Natsu...

Oct 27, 2009 10:28 PM

Oct 2008
Felt like they started to step up with the animation although, I still felt that the colors were off. Weren't Everlue's maids supposed to be blonde?

Nin-nin!
Oct 28, 2009 3:20 AM

Sep 2009
loved this episode made me laugh a lot
xD
some good moments :

Oct 28, 2009 4:32 AM
Jul 2008
francismeunier said:
Meri said:
/sigh

Ok , I see now part of your opinion but I don't really know these references yet. So it looks bad. Guess I have not seen much animes to not like a style like that maybe.

It just looks so childish and the manga is so much darker T_T
Oct 28, 2009 5:49 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Meri said:
francismeunier said:
Meri said:
/sigh

Actually both Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh are BETTER ANIMATED than Fairy Tail. The level of animation is just too horrible and the coloring is way too off....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 28, 2009 5:52 AM

Nov 2007
Narrator is annoying and... PLUE, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR VOICE?! Damn, that was the one thing I expected from this anime and in the end Yukiji isn't the one doing those "Pluuu~" noises Plue makes =[. Now I'll have to try replacing that new voice in my head whenever Plue shows up. Maybe it'll grow one me or something but blah.
/end rant. That aside I liked the episode, it was certainly better though like a lot have mentioned, their attack stock footage is just so cop out.
Oct 28, 2009 7:55 AM

Feb 2008
Lucy....Another worthless dead weight shounen girl.
Oct 28, 2009 8:07 AM

Oct 2009
wakka9ca said:
Meri said:
francismeunier said:
Meri said:
/sigh

Actually both Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh are BETTER ANIMATED than Fairy Tail. The level of animation is just too horrible and the coloring is way too off....

I don't find so much like that Wakka9ca. Hope it improves more eventually.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 28, 2009 12:49 PM

Jul 2009
Hey animation isn't shit anymore cool
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 28, 2009 1:00 PM

Apr 2009
Veggen said:

Can any of you manga readers tell me when (if ever) this becomes good (assuming it will be faithful to the manga)?

the manga has 156 chapters.. and it doesnt even reached the level of bleachonepiecenaruto... yet
maybe in the future it will be)) but at the moment its below mediocre
Oct 28, 2009 1:05 PM

Sep 2007
smokes said:
Veggen said:

the manga has 156 chapters.. and it doesnt even reached the level of bleachonepiecenaruto... yet
Sounds like dropping material. Guess I'll give it a few more episodes anyway.
Oct 28, 2009 1:17 PM

Jul 2009
smokes said:
Veggen said:

Wait what?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 28, 2009 1:38 PM

Apr 2009
Veggen said:
Sounds like dropping material. Guess I'll give it a few more episodes anyway.

first 50-60 chapters were great.. cause they were fighting with another guild..

it will be like 20 episodes i think.. but then it will go down)
Oct 28, 2009 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode, perfectly adapted and the comedy moments were classic XD
Oct 28, 2009 3:11 PM

Oct 2009
nin nin!

more childish than it should be..needs to get more serious,hope that gerard will solve that soon enough

and he said that he cant eat his own flames,it would be liike Lucy eating her spirits...yet he had eaten the reverse attack thingy of those 2 morons like it was his usual meal .........riiiiight
Oct 28, 2009 3:35 PM

May 2009
Lol, smokes is a big troll. Don't believe any of his/her words.
Oct 28, 2009 3:52 PM

Apr 2009
viral_hun said:
Lol, smokes is a big troll. Don't believe any of his/her words.

like i said the first 60 chpt were amazing, then the show went down, the next arc should be interesting

Leshko said:

and he said that he cant eat his own flames,it would be liike Lucy eating her spirits...yet he had eaten the reverse attack thingy of those 2 morons like it was his usual meal .........riiiiight

hmm tho that wasnt his 'direct' fire..
but you may be right)) it may be an error lol
Oct 28, 2009 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
I actually think that the manga is okay even later but the current arc they're in now needs to really end because it's dragging it down.
Oct 28, 2009 4:46 PM
Apr 2008
I like how this series is playing out. It's following the manga really well.
Oct 29, 2009 7:03 AM

Jul 2007
Proffering the manga much more at this point, but the episodes are well directed, cant say much for the animation.
Oct 29, 2009 7:16 AM

Jun 2008
pretty good adaptation. Though happy's voice sucks ass
Oct 29, 2009 8:55 AM

Sep 2008
Hmm, kind of a nice ep ^ ^

Lucy, Happy n Natsu jokes were kinda funny, but not that funny...

don't rly have anything 2 say 'bout this ep other than ...

Lucy in Maid outfit <3 <3

Natsu's reason for forming a team with Lucy were rofl!!

n yea, Plue finally made his appearance in this anime!!

Daybreak book seems to have a mystery behind it ... rly 2 mil for that book o_O?

Lucy seems to have discovered something with her Wind-Reading Glasses ..

Natsu can't eat his fire, but he could eat his "absorbed then reflected" fire ... (found it kinda weird, but hmm, maybe it's fine since it isn't his direct fire ^^)

4/5 ep

I ended commenting on the ep, unexpectedly =)

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Oct 29, 2009 9:01 AM

May 2009
Tensai-Kun said:
Natsu can't eat his fire, but he could eat his "absorbed then reflected" fire ... (found it kinda weird, but hmm, maybe it's fine since it isn't his direct fire ^^)

He didn't eat it in the manga, it's the anime creators fail. In the manga, he used it to powerup without eating it:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/7/15/

Maybe that would have been more expensive to animate, huh?
Oct 29, 2009 2:27 PM

Jul 2009
i just cant wait until fairy tail's later archs
Oct 29, 2009 4:01 PM

Apr 2009
viral_hun said:
[
He didn't eat it in the manga, it's the anime creators fail. In the manga, he used it to powerup without eating it:

damn they already animated 7 chapters o_O

they will catch up really quickly D:
then teh fillers -_-
Oct 30, 2009 12:03 AM

Apr 2008
pretty hilarious xD

wonder wats the secret

Oct 30, 2009 4:44 PM
Sep 2009
why is plue there anyway?
Oct 30, 2009 6:43 PM

Apr 2009
Natsu was very cool while fighting :)
Oct 30, 2009 8:05 PM

Jun 2008
viral_hun said:
Tensai-Kun said:

Maybe that would have been more expensive to animate, huh?
Damn it, I knew something was wrong. Would've looked more awesome.

But technically, absorbing his own fire won't have a change. Since it's essentially conservation. You lose it by releasing it, and you gain the same amount back by absorbing it. There's no advantage. Whereas in this fight, apparently the pan release the fire by several intensity, so technically Natsu will have a stronger attack if he absorb it. Natsu never mentioned, as I just checked in the manga, that he can't eat his own fire. Lucy said it here.
Oct 31, 2009 2:53 PM

May 2008
Wow...after this episode, I've come to realize that I fucking HATE Lucy. She's really the typical dumb blond character.

Oct 31, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2009
The episode was fine, rather more to the fact it just furthers the plot and shows us what the series is about to be going into. Although its fast paced, the animation is not all that great still but improving. Is it me or are series meant to have the best animation at the start to hold viewers rather than scare them away??? Sounds like bad planning or too low of a budget. I really want the characters properly introduced, furthermore what chapter is the current episode reached?
Oct 31, 2009 3:30 PM

May 2007
*Sigh* Even though the anime is faithfully adapting the source material from the manga, I can't help but to feel that with the way the characters are drawn and the way the animation has been thus far, the studios wanted to aim it towards an even younger audience than even the normal shounen demographic. I was hoping for more from the anime, but I guess I should stick with it. After all, the One Piece anime started off the same way to an extent.
Oct 31, 2009 5:50 PM

May 2009
Sami092 said:
The episode was fine, rather more to the fact it just furthers the plot and shows us what the series is about to be going into. Although its fast paced, the animation is not all that great still but improving. Is it me or are series meant to have the best animation at the start to hold viewers rather than scare them away??? Sounds like bad planning or too low of a budget. I really want the characters properly introduced, furthermore what chapter is the current episode reached?

Chapter 7.
Oct 31, 2009 6:01 PM
Oct 2008
just wondering, but is plue some kind of mythical being in japanese mythology or something? I mean there was plue in rave master, and now the exact same thing with the same name is in another show.
My Brother: "Wasn't Paris Hilton part of the
Holocaust?"

I'd have an avatar, but im too lazy to make my pictures smaller...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» According to you, who is the best waifu in Fairy Tail? ( 1 2 3 )

FruitPunchBaka - Mar 26, 2023

122 by removed-user »»
Sep 26, 5:41 AM

» Question for anime watchers

Killua7566 - Aug 9

36 by ChuckleFunker »»
Sep 21, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Mar 15, 2010

116 by Cammell »»
Sep 18, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Feb 1, 2010

81 by Cammell »»
Sep 16, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Jan 25, 2010

108 by Cammell »»
Sep 16, 10:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.