Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2021 5:44 AM

Aug 2016
This season is so rushed and inconsistent. The whole thing feels like a 4 year old trying to summarize a 600 page long book.
Also how did they kill those two demons by slashing their guts? You can only kill them by piercing their eyes. What a mess.
Feb 5, 2021 5:52 AM

Oct 2008
oh god it's Norman! this show is getting better!!!
5/5.
oh looks like manga readers are so pissed because of...too rushed!?
matias067Feb 5, 2021 5:56 AM

Feb 5, 2021 6:17 AM

Sep 2019
What can I say but : LMAO

This guy wrecked the Manga and now he's wrecking the anime in a different and somehow even worse way. This takes talent.

Feb 5, 2021 6:22 AM

Jun 2012
Them being chased by demons is not scary because every other time they've been in danger they've easily escaped, or were miraculously saved by some outside force. And what do you know, they magically get saved again.
Shoot first, think never.
Feb 5, 2021 6:25 AM
Jan 2021
If you knew what they skipped you wouldn’t be saying that.
Feb 5, 2021 6:30 AM

Jul 2014
Thoma and Lannion continue to be utterly insufferable and continue to ruin the show with their screentime, as well as randomly moving the plot along with their idiocy like in this episode. This episode was still a substantial improvement on everything else we've had in this second season so far, but that really isn't saying all that much. If those two brats could just die or otherwise be cut from the show, that would be fantastic.

And now Norman is back for some reason. No explanation, no logic, just randomly there. Way to diminish his sacrifice entirely and to once again rob the episode of any tension by giving the protagonists yet more plot armour.
Feb 5, 2021 6:32 AM
Jan 2021
Im not bugging but i heard that reveal of norman have bigger impact in manga as the skipped some part of manga is it true..no spoiler plz
Feb 5, 2021 6:55 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn, so, they could survive from the previous pursue. Good shit, even though their conditions seems pretty bad regarding every hardships they received previously. Demons had a low-tier caste too among them, forcing them to consumed such a low-tier part of bodies, and sometimes stealing a children directly from the farm. Wow, what a harsh life they've got there, to be honestly. That old demon even called it as a degeneration disease, and may soon reached a revolting states to all of them. Idk. That situations may lead them into a cooperation, tho. But, ah, i still can't digest the future events from now on. One thing that i can be proud off about this episode, was Norman reappearance. Yeah, its him. Welcome back. The ed glimpse is the only foreshadow. But, how? It may jumbled up the original story in the manga, and somehow that tall character maybe your familiar one. But, once again, i know nothing.

I am truly lost a hope about this, and already regret my decision to picking up this one. Because the original story will lead into a several rejection, myself, ironically, may reject this kind of story too. Reason: no suspense, only a pity; no thrilling matters again like before, that demons truly too dumb compared to the plantation residents; the plot armour just openly visible with no proper explanations about that, at least on this episode; the pace flew like crazy hell, and the mystery elements just be there to closed many weaknessess i mention. But well, whatever, i may still continued watching this, because its still intriguing me. I hope its get a nice conclusion. Thats it for me, and 6 episodes way to go.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 5, 2021 6:59 AM
Apr 2019
It is all anime original now. I can say that I'm disappointed that they skipped those arcs before leading up to this. Well , I heard it's the mangaka's decision, so the action is already done.
Feb 5, 2021 7:47 AM

Oct 2016
Every reveal just feels lackluster without the chapters they skipped. Don't get me wrong, I think on it's own I think it's still good, but it could've been way better. Personally the way it's going now is even worse than the lowest points of the manga.

The arcs they skipped would've build the demon town up and Norman's return better. Even if I didn't read the manga the reveals would have still been underwhelming.

Well I'll still try to enjoy it on it's own, there might still be something good that comes out of this. But, it really doesn't hit as hard.
Feb 5, 2021 8:24 AM
Dec 2009
Liboicl said:
I don't know about the common opinion, but I hate it when a "dead" character comes back. I was afraid of that because of the vague nature of his death. This drops straight to a 4 for me... Such potential just straight flushed down the toilet.

i mean, when he left, he was taken to some other place, not just killed like the kid he and emma found (dead on the truck), so it was obvious he wasn't dead since the beginning

Mr360AttAck said:
What’s the goldy pond arc all about?

i read this arc what feels like ages ago, but in short, our kids find a place where demons keep fugitive kids and, for fun, they play hunt those kids
things happen, our kids and the fugitive kids kill the demons and surprisingly, no one dies

BebeSeeDFeb 5, 2021 8:28 AM
Feb 5, 2021 8:26 AM

Jun 2016
I guess not reading the manga really has its perks. Damn, Norman. I was really scared for the kids and I honestly felt bad for those two demons. Them poor demon kids are gonna die soon.

Also, me being an anime only and watching this, I also thought they skipped a lot. What happened in between the previous and recent episode? How did they get there in the demon town? Ugh. So many questions that I felt bad for the manga readers more.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Feb 5, 2021 8:27 AM

Aug 2020
What the fuck is Norman doing here?
Feb 5, 2021 8:29 AM
Dec 2009
expired_0 said:
What the fuck is Norman doing here?

just chillin'
vibin'
Feb 5, 2021 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
why are manga readers so mad, just keep reading the manga if you like it and don't watch this? as an anime only nothing has gone wrong so far, it's been pretty good. people shouldn't watch it for "how well it's adapted", people should watch it for how well it delivers a story. a decision to make it an anime only must've a reason behind it, maybe they want to change the apparently "bad" ending i've heard about
Feb 5, 2021 8:41 AM
Dec 2020
shiroAKAriin said:
EPISODE 5 SPOILER WARNING

I love this episode so much, not only because they brought back norman "best character" big brain, but because they showed why demons need humans to survive with the sick girl. Favorite episode so far, taking the place of episode 2.
ok bro i understand but sorry i fuckiing hate norman and I can anticipated that norman will betray them for his own good house mom has dispatched some kids to bring top class meat in exchange for their life so norman will turn them in for his own good
Feb 5, 2021 8:52 AM

Aug 2020
s4gge said:
why are manga readers so mad, just keep reading the manga if you like it and don't watch this? as an anime only nothing has gone wrong so far, it's been pretty good. people shouldn't watch it for "how well it's adapted", people should watch it for how well it delivers a story. a decision to make it an anime only must've a reason behind it, maybe they want to change the apparently "bad" ending i've heard about

I mean... That's what I'm doing.

Like I said somewhere else, I'm just disappointed that some of my favorite moments & characters in the manga might not get animated at all. Plenty of manga readers would agree. I don't mind adaptations that need to tweak a few (or many) things, but I don't understand why the anime is already barreling towards the controversial ending.

I can understand the mangaka (who's apparently heavily involved in this season, like the scripts and stuff) wanting to fix his mistakes... but it's like they're cutting out all the parts that were mostly well-received and jumping straight into the latter half of the manga.

I'm glad some of the anime-only's are still enjoying S2, but I am starting to notice a few comments about the awkward timeskip, plot armor, and lack of character development.

Edit: Some of these problems were in the manga too, but at least the pacing felt more natural and the characters more consistent.
kona-peachFeb 5, 2021 8:57 AM
Feb 5, 2021 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
kona-peach said:
s4gge said:

I mean... That's what I'm doing.

Like I said somewhere else, I'm just disappointed that some of my favorite moments & characters in the manga might not get animated at all. Plenty of manga readers would agree. I don't mind adaptations that need to tweak a few (or many) things, but I don't understand why the anime is already barreling towards the controversial ending.

I can understand the mangaka (who's apparently heavily involved in this season, like the scripts and stuff) wanting to fix his mistakes... but it's like they're cutting out all the parts that were mostly well-received and jumping straight into the latter half of the manga.

I'm glad some of the anime-only's are still enjoying S2, but I am starting to notice a few comments about the awkward timeskip, plot armor, and lack of character development.

Edit: Some of these problems were in the manga too, but at least the pacing felt more natural and the characters more consistent.

definitely understandable. i hope they'll make it something even better than the manga so we'll all be satisfied. the time skip really was a bit out of place, not gonna lie
Feb 5, 2021 9:07 AM
Apr 2015
So we now have a 6 months timeskip and the children have been hiding in some temple. Nothing major happened since they abandon the shelter and somehow they are able to transact in the demon town. The children spent their time idling since they didn't learn stuff they were supposed to know during the shelter days.
Nevertheless, we get to see Norman again, but due to the change of events and circumstances of how the trio met in the anime, I am unsure if the anime will reveal his alter ego. I presume Norman and gang will still bring the grace field children to their 'paradise hideout' and we will get some Norman's flashbacks.

Quite a lackluster episode overall, with so many skips, there is no chance of hitting any walls (pun intended) and we may be heading straight for the end game soon.

1/5 episode.
Feb 5, 2021 9:21 AM

Aug 2020
s4gge said:
definitely understandable. i hope they'll make it something even better than the manga so we'll all be satisfied. the time skip really was a bit out of place, not gonna lie

Yeah! I was holding off on watching S2 until I finished the manga (almost done) and because I wanted to wait for the dub, and I assumed this was going to be a 1:1 adaptation more or less. But now I'm tuning into this drama every week lmao.

I'm still hoping S2 might rearrange some things and redeem itself, but it sounds like a lot of the plot points they did adapt from the manga lost their impact (even for some anime-only's) because there wasn't much buildup.

I'm also really worried they're going to cram the rest of the manga into just this one season. I'm sure both manga and anime fans can agree more episodes/seasons (as long as they're quality) would be better than rushing through ~150 chapters.
Feb 5, 2021 9:23 AM
Oct 2019
They said it 6 months already from last episode...they didn't explained how they got here..
Emma hair looks different now...
I'm Anime only and i can feel it they skip a lot...
Hopefully they explained it somehow..

Also WTF Norman is Alive??? 😱

I heard on Twitter Episode 6 was a Recap Episode... Like why?
Feb 5, 2021 9:30 AM
May 2020
Well, there you go, a fucking original storyline...
Though I guess its rather interesting especially for anime-onlys..

that's the thing, if you've read the manga, seeking the same experience from the anime, I think you'll have a bad experience. That's me :(
Feb 5, 2021 9:38 AM

Apr 2018
I enjoyed it...lol
Feb 5, 2021 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
[quote=kona-peach message=61918061]
s4gge said:

I'm also really worried they're going to cram the rest of the manga into just this one season. I'm sure both manga and anime fans can agree more episodes/seasons (as long as they're quality) would be better than rushing through ~150 chapters.

well i really do hope that's not going to happen lmao
Feb 5, 2021 9:50 AM
Feb 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Honestly forgot this shit even came out today. Time to watch and be disappointed again.

Ok, what the absolute fuck is this dog shit? So this pretty much confirms that Goldy Pond is going to be skipped. Then on top of that, the second best moment of the manga which is the reunion with Norman and him being built up as an antagonist is completely gone here. There’s no long build up or search for Minerva and the other clues.

Idk what happened to the author after like late 2018, but he ain’t been the same since. Idk if it was writer block or what, but if this is his idea of rectifying the mistakes he made in the manga, he’s extremely mistaken. On top of that, next week is a recap episode. So only 10 actual episodes this season. To say I’m angry isn’t an accurate statement.

This is a slap in the face to the fans. How this is at an 8 is beyond me.

Honestly. Fuck you.
What's wrong with you, spoiling shit from the manga in an anime only thread. What a dick. Putting a spoiler tag is beyond your comprehension?
Manga readers should just stop whining. If you don't like it, drop it. If you want a manga version then just go read manga.
I want to see a discussion about anime events and all I see is 10 pages of "this didn't go like that in the manga". This forum is a joke.
Feb 5, 2021 10:38 AM
Feb 2020
so ´´anime only content´´ =
North25Feb 5, 2021 10:50 AM
Feb 5, 2021 11:13 AM
Apr 2020
Why I'm having a feeling that they are destroying Rays charecter. Ray is acting more like a side charecter or even worse. And norman is already here.
Are they trying to finish this within 11 episode!
Feb 5, 2021 11:14 AM

Feb 2016
ttcchen said:
And they spent a whole year in that place and Emma is still uncertain about their situation?

Oh, so you're telling me during this entire year Emma and her gang are in the forest and town gathering food, no wind blew past at all??

This episode would have made more sense without the timeskip.
その目だれの目?
Feb 5, 2021 12:08 PM

May 2018
Whoa , you mean to say that even in the Demon realm , there is still a hierarchy system where the lowest suffer and the rich prosper.

Uh, oh Emma shouldn't not have taken two more excess baggage , now they're in trouble....

Looks like somebody has came back, and it's Norman, but it kinda looks very fishy.
Feb 5, 2021 12:48 PM
May 2017
lol that rating drop tho. Always sucks to see a series disappoint so many people.
Feb 5, 2021 1:13 PM

Jan 2017
Holy shit they are speedrunning manga faster than some guys Super Mario World!

What is the point of od adapting the manga while throwing like 4+ volumes through the window? This episode should be at least the big ending scene of the S2 or even better the 1st scene of S3...
Feb 5, 2021 1:14 PM

May 2018
I still find it hilarious that the kids are ninja jumping on top of roof tops when they are starving, pressured under pursuit and wearing baggy clothing xD
Feb 5, 2021 1:19 PM
Jul 2020
I liked it. I don't know why internet is so complaining about it. It was good that Norman is back
Feb 5, 2021 1:34 PM
Jan 2019
Just for some reference on how much they actually skipped, season 1 ended on chapter 37 of the manga, they make it to the shelter on chapter 52, and they found out Norman was alive on chapter 118. To say they are accelerating things is an understatement.
Feb 5, 2021 2:26 PM

Nov 2018
People complain that the manga sucks and then they change the manga and people complain that it isn’t faithful to the manga. Can’t win these days :/ Really good episode. Can’t wait to see what happens next.
Feb 5, 2021 2:31 PM

Oct 2017
Maybe they'll adapt some of that skipped year of content as a flashback while the gang tells Norman what happened so far...
Feb 5, 2021 3:17 PM

Mar 2020
this episode was much better than previous one
Feb 5, 2021 3:28 PM

Mar 2019
a good ending to the ep!! this ep really flew by. glad to see norman is alive. mixed feelings about the time skip, it felt a little jarring tbh.
Feb 5, 2021 3:40 PM
Sep 2019
pint said:
So they skipped the whole godly pond arc, lmao?

I think so.
I was looking forward to the goldy pond arc the most i was soooo excited to see that animatied like wtf?????
Literally skipped the best arc
Feb 5, 2021 3:57 PM
Apr 2020
Bruh Sucks that they skipped so many important characters, information and all the things that lead up to them meeting Norman. That was literally the most exciting thing that was going on when I was reading the manga and now they literally cut all of that out. Just hope that this won’t turn out to be like Tokyo ghoul because Imma be mad if it does😔
Feb 5, 2021 4:00 PM
Nov 2015
The pacing is too fast, the Norman reveal was so disappointing. I can see that they are focusing more on the 'humanity' of the demons than they did in the manga however, and I do like this idea.
Feb 5, 2021 4:13 PM

Sep 2012
This is getting more and more boring...
Feb 5, 2021 4:18 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah this was some shit. I like the idea of them having to rough it in the demon world. But how we got here was such ass with the pointless "secret" base that turned out to be a load of shit.

They tryna make us give a shit and justify why demons "need" to eat humans. The only way I could ever be justified that demons eating humans makes any sense is if demons were supposed to be so vastly more intelligent than humans, that human society is just trivial nonsense. But clearly those two demons are dumb as fucking bricks because they couldn't managed to catch a few humans in a town of (supposedly) all demons. Like these demons have a very human like society, and from this episode we see they are very clearly capable of human levels of compassion and morality. But nah lets just fucking kill and eat humans. Not like we can understand at all how they might feel sad over their sick little sisters.

Also maybe be careful taking your masks in a demon town, but apparently Norman has like half the town in his squad so it's all good.
Feb 5, 2021 4:30 PM

Apr 2014
Welp, guess this show will go down in history as one of the worst sequels for an acclaimed shounen jump adaptation ever. It's really just a disappointment. They could've just called it quits after the Goldy Pond arc, and left it as a great but unfinished adaptation, but no. They had to go and ruin the story even more than the ending of the manga has. Classic.
Feb 5, 2021 4:33 PM

Apr 2015
This is honestly beyond expectations at this point and far from a good way as well... I can't help but be disappointed on what's going on.
Feb 5, 2021 5:24 PM
Sep 2019
As a anime only (that was spoiled a bit) this is honestly really bad.

So far this season’s biggest offenders are:
•How did the children escape the demon?
•How did the children end up in the ruin?
•Norman’s sacrifice from the first season is now pointless.
•Why would Emma allow someone else to taste for poison (characterization), much less let 3 people test all at once (logic)?
•Why did Ray carve the base location into the tree?
•Why are there human pursuers on the demon side of the world?
•Why are the children who previously couldn’t overpower Isabella able to push trained soldiers around?
•Ignoring the writing on the wall (literally).
•Plot armor (Saved by demons twice and now by a convenient Norman).

First season was my all time favorite anime season too, I was excited about season 2.
Feb 5, 2021 5:44 PM
Apr 2019
okay, so at first I was pretty pissed off of how much they skipped comparing to the manga. The timeline in the manga was 1 year and 6 months or so and here they just reached the 6 month mark. not happy.

however, the direction they are taking this is pretty interesting. I can see yugo and Lucas coming into play here later in the episodes. The intro to Norman was pretty hype ngl. I'm only on vol 13 in the manga (spoiler: Lucas and yugo are holding off at the base will the other 60 something other children are running away) so I don't know how the manga does it. (Im pretty sure the green hood hunched over in the episode is Adam from the manga)

There's still no seven walls knowledge and day and night or golden pond (basically the temple they were at).

in all honesty, this series has potential to still being good. Do I feel betrayed? yes. Is the anime itself still solid without being adapted properly to the manga? kind of, yes.
Feb 5, 2021 5:56 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The only thing I have to say about this episode is......... Norman! Really looking forward to next episode...... can't wait!
Feb 5, 2021 5:57 PM

Jun 2017
Oh boi this is a dumpster fire. Skipping the second best arc, huge timeskip (skipping the seven walls plotline altogeter), bringing back Norman in a different way...but if he is with that experimental farm right now we may still get the
Feb 5, 2021 6:12 PM

May 2020
Curious where they are going to take things. Loved the manga, but this isn't that bad.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» About the adaptation

yutaGAWKkostu - Aug 18

19 by kookool17 »»
Aug 19, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

510 by ShonenEclipse »»
Aug 2, 10:58 PM

» For anime-onlys : what is Goldy Pond and why it was central to the manga (explanations)

Dante012 - Jul 4

10 by Dante012 »»
Jul 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

305 by MrList »»
Jul 5, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

417 by Dante012 »»
Jul 4, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.