Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2021 5:30 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at 23:00 (JST) This thread is now unlocked.

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
Koito91Jan 27, 2021 6:00 AM
Jan 27, 2021 6:02 AM

Apr 2020
This episode is filled with cute Emilia, and her past. And she is getting stronger, Emilia's mother looks good with her short hair

Look how cute she is.. <3
Jan 27, 2021 6:06 AM
Nov 2019
Great episode. Smol Emilia is precious.

Shirase-san said:
This episode is filled with cute Emilia, and her past. And she is getting stronger, Emilia's mother looks good with her short hair

Look how cute she is.. <3

Add her to your favourite character list :p
Jan 27, 2021 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
Definitely was not expecting to see a mini Emilia this week but she's adorable and also important to watch from a storytelling perspective. This is one hell of a trial.

It's a journey of memory and I'm impresed that Emilia faces against despair and this challenge head on without fear.

Jan 27, 2021 6:28 AM

May 2020
ANOTHER 29 MINUTE EPISODE?? GOODNESS WF! You're very generous!

Still no OP, but they played the ED at the end but no visuals.

Jan 27, 2021 7:01 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Just I want to say is Minilia is so cute <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2021 7:14 AM
Jan 2021
Ok Emilia is quickly becoming my favorite character which is weird as fuck considering how much she bored me in season 1.
Jan 27, 2021 7:19 AM
Apr 2020
kotomine33 said:
Ok Emilia is quickly becoming my favorite character which is weird as fuck considering how much she bored me in season 1.
welcome in re:zero where the outstanding development always surprise you
Jan 27, 2021 7:25 AM

Jan 2017
Are you guys watching the raw? I am still looking on where to watch this episode subbed or nah (I know it JUST came out so I'm not expecting a sub already but hey ppl can be crazy...)
Jan 27, 2021 7:34 AM

Apr 2019
CornballDrip049 said:
Are you guys watching the raw? I am still looking on where to watch this episode subbed or nah (I know it JUST came out so I'm not expecting a sub already but hey ppl can be crazy...)
fansubs out on nyaa fyi.

Jan 27, 2021 7:36 AM
Jan 2021
best episode so far
Jan 27, 2021 7:39 AM

Oct 2015
my own personally favorite part of arc 4 is finally getting animated, kids Emilia is so wholesome and the way she deal is Echidna is also awesome lol. Next episode will be sad.
CornballDrip049 said:

I watch it in IqYI. SEA streaming app

May 2020
goodcharacterso said:
best episode so far

I bet you will keep saying that next week then the week after, over and over until the season ends.

Jan 2021
I guess I'm going to die of cuteness <3

29 Minutes Without OP and ED again...

6/5!
Jan 27, 2021 7:40 AM

Jul 2014
CornballDrip049 said:
CR is down, so no new episode yet :/
Jan 27, 2021 7:47 AM
Jan 2021
Gilgameshuu said:
goodcharacterso said:
best episode so far

I bet you will keep saying that next week then the week after, over and over until the season ends.

my favourite character is Emilia so hopefully you are right !
Jan 27, 2021 7:49 AM

Jan 2017
How long did I wait for this episode? Has it been 5 years? Am I crying tears of joy? I'd die billion times for Emilia-sama. No, it is still not enough. I lack dedication for Emilia.

goodcharacterso said:

I don't see her in your fav list.
swirlydragonJan 27, 2021 8:20 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jan 27, 2021 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
quite interesting backstory for emilia, wonder whats gonna happen with that guy at the ending.
baby emilia is too cute
Jan 27, 2021 8:07 AM

Apr 2019
was wondering when the climax of emilia's past would happen. Seems like we'll have to wait another episode to see. Seeing smol emilia was pretty cute. Her cheeks were so chubby lmao.

Jan 27, 2021 8:13 AM

Oct 2017
LoliLia's adorable, glad to finally see her backstory. She was quite the brat but with her situation it's understandable.

Fortuna is beautiful, no surprise thou since all elf's are beautiful. I liked Geuse and Fortuna's relationship. It's obvious that she has feelings for him but he's just oblivious. Also since this is a backstory I can't even hope for them to end up together since it's painfully obvious what's gonna happen to them.

I'm curious to know about the seal and also about the circumstances of the elves and Geuse.
MegamiRemFeb 10, 2021 1:37 AM
Jan 27, 2021 8:13 AM

Apr 2014
Nice episode for Emilia's backstory.
Young Emilia-tan is soooooo cute.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 27, 2021 8:16 AM

Jun 2019
Smol Emilia.... is so adorable... Also, her mum's beautiful.
Jan 27, 2021 8:17 AM

Mar 2018
An episode with wonderful calm before the storm atmosphere fleshing out the world lore, Emilia & a certain key figure from Season 1, which will most likely be subject to "where's muh progression" comments from speedwatchers and people who prefer consuming quick & easy arcs over long & elaborate ones, and who still stuck around this season for some reason. (:
Jan 27, 2021 8:19 AM

Feb 2019
Another 30 min episode with no OP. Smh. Pacing and visuals were great though. I like how they’re moving through the books slowly and dedicating entire episodes to certain portions.

I think this ep covered up to page 57 of volume 14, so we’ll probably get an entire episode for the past sanctuary.

Just glad we finally got to see Dona and Emilia’s banter animated. Not looking forward to next week’s suffering.. 😔
Jan 27, 2021 8:19 AM

Aug 2015
Loved that episode. Young Emilia (just like current Emilia) is so cute!

So the part of the trial that will break Emilia has just started and Regulus Corneas appears.

I love that White Fox doesn't stick to the standard episode runtime and the episodes are longer than usual. I also like that they don't play the OP & ED every episode, in fact a lot of episodes don't have the OP or ED xD.

Looking forward to more!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 27, 2021 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
Little Emilia is too cute 💖 I'd love to see more of Emilia's backstory episodes

Jan 27, 2021 8:31 AM

Sep 2018
my God i got overdosed on sugar from all the Smol Emilia cuteness!
Mother Fortuna and young still not crazy Geuse seem like a great couple <3
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 27, 2021 8:31 AM

Jan 2019
That cliffhanger.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Jan 27, 2021 8:32 AM

Oct 2020
Geuse appears! Very cute loli Emilia , im so confused this episode like so many questions like how did Geuse become crazy , why did he cry when he met Emilia , how old is he? since he knew Fortuna for a very long time , was he in the witches cult ?? Was he already sloth but was good in a way and wanned to help the elves and somehow Regulus made him go insane , so many questions and i cant wait for the next ep! 10/10
処刑課師匠
Jan 27, 2021 8:34 AM
Dec 2019
So this is the guy the novel readers were hyping up, wonder how strong this Regulus guy is. Whenever betelgeause was on screen it felt pretty uncomfortable not gonna lie. The scene where he murdered Emilia is even more disturbing now.
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jan 27, 2021 8:36 AM

Jan 2018
Really good episode. But I'm guessing it's more of a setup for the next episode than anything. Despite this, it's still almost 30 minutes in length. White Fox is killing it.
Jan 27, 2021 8:36 AM
Sep 2008
So was fortuna being overly familiar and calling her sister in law her sister or is this some medieval royalty type thing?
Jan 27, 2021 8:39 AM
Nov 2019
swordmaster2551 said:
So was fortuna being overly familiar and calling her sister in law her sister or is this some medieval royalty type thing?

Fortuna is the sister of Emilia's father iirc.
Jan 27, 2021 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
White Fox really loves Re:Zero. They're giving it special treatment.

I find seeing Geuse in this episode so weird. The cover for volume 14 makes sense now.

Small Emilia is so cute. It can cure all depression.

Jul 2018
This episode felt like a movie and smol emilia was kawaii. Everything was soo wholesome and cute until the very the last min when rhe boss music was played and then enters Archbishop of the witch's cult representing greed Regulus corneas...offffff that was total badass

Jul 2014
CR was good for me and allowed me to finally watch the episode. And it was gorgeous. I thought they would adapt a bit more but it was good place to end it with a cliffhanger.

If wonder if it will be in the next episode or will they skip it altogether, that
Jan 27, 2021 8:45 AM
Sep 2008
kotomine33 said:

I'm just glad she's finally having some development.
Jan 27, 2021 8:48 AM

Feb 2013
Soupisekaitrash said:
So this is the guy the novel readers were hyping up, wonder how strong this Regulus guy is. Whenever betelgeause was on screen it felt pretty uncomfortable not gonna lie. The scene where he murdered Emilia is even more disturbing now.

He was already introduced in episode 1 of S2 though. There will introduce someone else next episode.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Sep 2008
2077 said:
quite interesting backstory for emilia, wonder whats gonna happen with that guy at the ending.
baby emilia is too cute
guessing regulus gonna kill fortuna or fuck things up for them insulting his pride.
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Oh boy, definitely the cutest episode of Re:Zero so far. So I assume that the green haired guy is the same Betelgeuse as the crazy one from the first season. I guess that we will see how he becomes crazy later down the road. I really liked the chemistry between Emilia and Fortuna.
Jan 27, 2021 8:53 AM
Sep 2008
ShiroNoFune said:
swordmaster2551 said:

Oh OK so Emilia is an incest baby
Jan 27, 2021 8:54 AM

Feb 2013
swordmaster2551 said:
ShiroNoFune said:

Fortuna isn't Emilia's real mother, she's like a foster parent.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jan 27, 2021 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
LET"S GO with another 29.5 mins of Re:Zero!

Emilia and Echidna in a dream world of memories like the Trial before, but this instance is different...with young lil' Lia and Mother Fortuna. BTW, smol loli Emilia is kawaii though.

To see (Petel)Geuse's humanly bishop self (before he converted into the Sloth character we all know and lovingly despise), it was very heartening though with Fortuna while in Sanctuary, even more so that they're voiced by the SAO leads. Coincidence of fate much?

Back in the real world, Subaru's love letter to Emilia, as bright as the eye can see, got spotted like a fool. The last thing to liberate Sanctuary though...lies in Lia's memories of the Trial thereafter. Would've loved to get Emilia's parents' backstory, but that story can be saved for another time.

ALL IT TAKES is just ONE person to demystify this route...and it's Regulus. Back to more suffering next week...

Mar 2019
Can we just focus on how cute smol Emilia is? Protecc her!

Well...as a man don't talk too much bullsh*t...the guy appeared in the is already annoying...no matter what high role he has but his talking is already more than trash.
Jan 2021
swirlydragon said:
How long did I wait for this episode? Has it been 5 years? Am I crying tears of joy? I'd die billion times for Emilia-sama. No, it is still not enough. I lack dedication for Emilia.

goodcharacterso said:

I don't see her in your fav list.

i dont use MAL often nut here we go now she is favourite
Jan 27, 2021 8:58 AM

Jul 2014
MegamiRem said:
Also her mom's beautiful. No surprise thou since all elf's are beautiful.
Pre_Yum said:
Also, her mum's beautiful.
swordmaster2551 said:
Sigh... I think it was explained pretty well in anime, but to clarify:
  • Fortuna is Emilia's aunt - her real father sister.
  • Her father is an elf which means her mother is a human.
  • If you believe what Echidna said in the previous episode, Emilia's mother is also a Witch.
Jan 27, 2021 8:59 AM

Sep 2014
Smol Emilia was just too precious hnnggg.
Geuse such a nice guy too, shame he turned out like that...and I suppose bastard Regulus at the end is to blame.
Jan 27, 2021 9:02 AM
Sep 2008
Bernkastle said:
swordmaster2551 said:

Fortuna isn't Emilia's real mother, she's like a foster parent.
I never said she was her real mother

I did misread that users post though, completely skipped over the word fortuna cause that's not what I was asking. I was referring to the scene where fortuna calls Emilia's parent her brother and sister the Geuse corrected her to say brother and wife. I was asking if she was being overly familiar and just calling her sister in law her sister there or if she actually is Fortuna's sister.
Jan 27, 2021 9:04 AM
Sep 2008
mozgow said:
MegamiRem said:
Also her mom's beautiful. No surprise thou since all elf's are beautiful.
Pre_Yum said:
Also, her mum's beautiful.
swordmaster2551 said:
Sigh... I think it was explained pretty well in anime, but to clarify:
  • Fortuna is Emilia's aunt - her real father sister.
  • Her father is an elf which means her mother is a human.
  • If you believe what Echidna said in the previous episode, Emilia's mother is also a Witch.

Right duh she's a half elf so she was just being overly familia and called her sister in law sister.
Jan 27, 2021 9:05 AM
Sep 2008
God why isn't Regulus the archbishop of pride, his attitude is just so prideful lol
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Emilia too much of a damsel in distress?

eWEQRW123123 - Oct 17

14 by DreiWetterTaft »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Jan 13, 2021

629 by kochia »»
Oct 15, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

625 by OmarDiab »»
Oct 13, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 17, 2021

491 by Homura24 »»
Oct 13, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Feb 3, 2021

366 by Homura24 »»
Oct 12, 11:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.