Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2020 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was fast. Didn't take long for Boruto to take care of business but he should be careful of his hand when using the Rasengan.

Sarada vs Sakura is kinda amusing to see but seems that she needs to improve more, like her physical techniques, Sharingan, fire jutsu, etc. That physical strength though.
Oct 25, 2020 3:02 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't expect Boruto's fight to be over in a few minutes and his new jutsu to be some "high compression rasengan"

Kinda weird and inappropriate to see Orochimaru stare at naked Mitsuki's in a tube like that smh.

Oct 25, 2020 3:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. Finally Boruto mastering the technique to compressed rasengan into its limit. So, thats what Shikadai told to Boruto, focus one point only and took all of the element power as densed as possible to that point. As a result, mini rasengan with a lot of power on it. Such an interesting result and really looking forward to see it hitting Deepa. I don't think it would affected much xD. Well, at least they had a proper strategy than before....

In the other side, Sarada training ended well too. It seemed her problem was a rushed trains that made her lost an ability to control her chakra more. Sakura did a nice job as mom and her heavy intensed exercises ala Tsunade might began afterall. Poor Sarada for awakening her effort xD.

Mitsuki condition was not goin on well enough to believed as healed. He even get scolded by Orochimaru, never expected that. But, its really understandable knewing his risk was so huge at that time. Then, ah, the next is begin the filler parades again, it seemed. Well, i am not gonna complain much knowing the nature of these anime xD.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 25, 2020 4:17 AM
Apr 2019
What do we think is next week going to be a one off filler or a start of another chunk of filler
Oct 25, 2020 5:51 AM

Feb 2013
Ethanb5610 said:
What do we think is next week going to be a one off filler or a start of another chunk of filler

Or more training.
Oct 25, 2020 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
Boruto and Sarada's training went well. Glad Sakura joined in and pointed out Sarada's weaknesses.
Oct 25, 2020 6:57 AM

Jun 2019
Well, Boruto beat Shojoji very easily with his new HIGHLY COMPRESSED RASENGAN. Pretty good. But, I enjoyed the second half of the episode much more where Sarada was training, Seeing Sakura and Sasuke training Sarada was so beautiful to watch.
That Sakura strength tho. Can't deny she's one of the strong ones. Sarada was pretty good in this episode.
Oct 25, 2020 7:22 AM

Mar 2020
love the recent episode but man the rating just keeps on going down :( its not that low cmon now

Oct 25, 2020 8:45 AM

Jun 2015
Some awesome training going down, and I feel the take away is training simply does not really increase your skill or ability, but actual experience does. Our two girls fighting was best, I was hoping for another little dot awakening but instead got the little one replicating her mams moves and chakra flow which allowed her to counter at the same strength. That was pretty impressive.

I suspect next week we going to get some comedy Orochimaru style!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 25, 2020 8:47 AM

Jun 2014
Hopefully that high compression Rasengan can actually damage Deepa when the time comes.

On Sarada's end, there's only so much improvement that she can make by dodging kunai and iron balls all day. Nothing can beat or replace actual combat experience, so it was great to see Sakura take an active part in Sarada's training. The Naruto community is so hell-bent on perpetuating the "Sakura is useless" meme that I feel like people forget how strong she actually is, as shown in this episode. I really feel like she was constantly given the short end of the stick in the original series, but she has lived/gone through some shit, trained with a legendary Sannin, and has seen war. She isn't one to be taken lightly.

Things don't seem like they're looking too good for Mitsuki. Next episode looks pretty wack lol.
thebrentinator24Oct 25, 2020 8:52 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 25, 2020 10:46 AM
Jan 2020
I'm so glad I finally saw some Sakura action. I just wish that people would stop calling her weak or useless because clearly, she wasn't.

Anyway, it's a great episode. Next week seems like a filler tho, but I think it's gonna be fun seeing how Orichimaru would react to such a silly thing. Lol.
Oct 25, 2020 3:20 PM

May 2014
episode 170: THIS is the freaking dialogue I have wanted from this series for a hundred episodes.
We saw both the new generation and the older one and it was in such a mature, realistic and in a way that didn't feel dragged or repetitive.
Please give whoever wrote the dialogue for this episode a raise! It was so enjoyable.

Not to mention tying up all the other arcs with the current one is always a plus.

EP171: Amazing animation and heartfelt scenes with Sakura. I definitely didn't expect that out of her and it was so good! I expected a bento at most lmao.
Also it was really nice to see Boruto's jutsu and how caring Sasuke was throughout it all. His dialogue to Sakura also definitely didn't feel dry and emotionless like before, it was just right for him.

Oct 25, 2020 4:05 PM
Oct 2015
The stupid prisoner just stood there and waited while Boruto summoned a clone and then created a Rasengen. No wonder he is in prison.

He shoulda sucker punched Boruto and ended the fight right then.
Oct 25, 2020 5:00 PM

Apr 2012
when `what is his name` asked orochimaru who could have stolen the hashirama cell, i thought straight away 'omg, it might be Kabuto', i will love this so much if it is actually him.
Oct 25, 2020 5:54 PM

May 2020
Kakashi's ara-ara was eargasm.
__Yatagarasu__Nov 1, 2020 2:50 PM

Oct 26, 2020 3:04 PM

Dec 2016
raferi said:
love the recent episode but man the rating just keeps on going down :( its not that low cmon now

Unfortunately not enough people understand "airing hours", "targeted age demographic" and also nostalgia goggles.
I personally still believe that Naruto and Shippuden had worse fillers than the worst Boruto filler.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.166/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.88/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.65/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.54/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 26, 2020 3:05 PM

Dec 2016
Xaralabos13 said:
when `what is his name` asked orochimaru who could have stolen the hashirama cell, i thought straight away 'omg, it might be Kabuto', i will love this so much if it is actually him.

But because of Izanami Kabuto is a good guy and now have orphanage.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.166/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.88/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.65/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.54/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 27, 2020 3:28 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Throwing fists at each other, what a wholesome family activity indeed.
Looks like we're going back to filler hell next week.
Oct 28, 2020 2:54 PM

Mar 2019
First part with Boruto's fight was ok I guess but nothing too impressive thats a clever usage of the rasengan, Sarada vs Sakura was better to watch, it was even heartwarming to see Sakura hugging her at the end while almost crying, better episode than the previous one but I'm afraid to see the next one, it looks like we're back to fillers but well Orochimaru is here so why not lol
Oct 28, 2020 10:16 PM

Oct 2017
Boruto and Sarada both did really well and finally Mitsuki's awake. Is he gonna go through training now?
Oct 29, 2020 5:04 AM
Jun 2015
Are people seriously still watching this? The poor score lol
Oct 31, 2020 11:38 PM

Nov 2012
These kids have no idea how freaking strong their parents truly except for maybe Inochin. Ino doesn't seem to pull punches. But if Sarada (and Boruto) is any indication, they don't know they're parents are beasts.
Nov 4, 2020 1:01 PM
Nov 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Hopefully that high compression Rasengan can actually damage Deepa when the time comes.

On Sarada's end, there's only so much improvement that she can make by dodging kunai and iron balls all day. Nothing can beat or replace actual combat experience, so it was great to see Sakura take an active part in Sarada's training. The Naruto community is so hell-bent on perpetuating the "Sakura is useless" meme that I feel like people forget how strong she actually is, as shown in this episode. I really feel like she was constantly given the short end of the stick in the original series, but she has lived/gone through some shit, trained with a legendary Sannin, and has seen war. She isn't one to be taken lightly.

Things don't seem like they're looking too good for Mitsuki. Next episode looks pretty wack lol.

I was going to make a whole post but you said it all, and much more eloquently than I would have. This episode was definitely made to quash the annoying "Sakura is useless" memes. I think by now we can all agree that although not Naruto or Sasuke alien-strong, she's a jonin and she's strong enough to hold her own with normal earthly ninjas at the very least XD

Boruto really seems to shine as an anime during training episodes like this one. I'm sort of hoping this stretches on for a few more episodes - definitely beats getting another filler about a yet another random weak thief infiltrating the village
Nov 20, 2020 2:45 PM

May 2014
Useless vs. more useless ^^
Dec 3, 2020 4:37 AM

Aug 2017
Boruto's fight and his new rasengan was really good and interesting.

On the other hand, Sarada's training felt a little too fast paced.

Anyways, a decent episode.

Dec 5, 2020 5:30 AM

Jul 2009
Sarada x Sakura's fight were great.
Like always, Boruto learns faster and the other have to struggle..well, that's a protagonist hack...too bad
May 24, 2021 4:05 AM
Mar 2016
Finally, some Sakura action once again.
Jun 30, 2021 10:37 PM

Jan 2018
Now imagine if Sakura and Sarada had a mom-daughter argument then escalates into this kind of fight and Sasuke's just standing in the corner and watching them. Hahahaha.
Oct 4, 2021 4:53 AM

Jan 2016
Boruto's fight was lackluster, was expecting his new ability to be more interesting than that. The stuff with Sakura and Sarada was better, but it went on for a bit too long. Average fillery training episode, I guess.
Sep 21, 2022 9:21 AM
Jun 2011
sakura and sarada fighting warn the heart
Dec 30, 2023 10:51 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, the training is already paying off at least for Boruto... interesting that he compressed the Rasengan is not bad... I remember thinking that I wanted to make the Odama Rasengan to make it more powerful and I thought: so that... Size does not always mean that it is more powerful, Sarada needs more time but she will surely achieve it
Sakura showing her power although she obviously controlled herself and now an even harder training is coming hahaha
PS: Poor Mitsuki
Jan 18, 3:49 PM

Jan 2016
Orochimaru just keeps driving me crazy talking like his kid(s) are just test subjects. Dude, just show and say your love, stop sounding like a dirt bag parent.

Boring, not bad, but boring. Highly compressed Rasengan? That's the exact reason I didn't like the large rasengan is that the whole point of the rasengan is having the chakra SUPER dense with rotations. However, I'm glad Boruto figured this out to just make his rasengan more dense. Now if he makes it a vanishing rasengan too, I think he might have chance as it's so pinpoint that might penetrate Deepo skin, and then if can catch off-guard would likely help too.

Sasuke is a great dad, and Sakura is being the mom we wanted here. She truly is a member of Uchiha family now trying to kill her daughter. Looks like Sarada will be getting Tsunade/Sakura training now like I had expected/hoped as that is exactly what she needs. I'm glad the characters are confirming my beliefs. Sarada is honestly super impressive to be so extremely efficient with her 1 tomoe sharingan where even copied Sakura's punch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 119 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

32 by Chfenj_ »»
May 22, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 218 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

160 by Gabriel31YT »»
May 17, 9:50 AM

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.