Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 17, 2020 5:56 AM

Mar 2017
It was better than I could've ever imagined! I like that there was a bit of change to some scenes and such so that the action and plot progress earlier on than in the game because it would've been too drawn out for an anime. The whole episode had a really soothing vibe to it, from the soundtrack to the art style. Really great start.

I didn't like that the translator of the version I was watching subbed all the boy's names to their English one, instead of just using the Japanese version names which are being said. That will niggle at me throughout the whole season.
Jul 17, 2020 6:44 AM

Apr 2020
I don't know the game but I like what I've seen so far! Nice mystery set up and I love that the MC is determined to save her father's show/company more than being invested in cute guys. I mean, no lie, I want her to be invested eventually, but I like that there's a lot going on already.
Jul 17, 2020 7:07 AM
Dec 2018
I've heard about this game being so good but never try to play it
Just laughing so hard when Mappa drop the announcement last year, I mean, Mappa gonna do an otome anime?? I even cringe so much for the romance in Sakamichi no Apollon, but yeah that's didn't matter, we have a whole different staff now and Mappa consistent to always make a good anime lately~
But honestly, that PV3 make shock (in a good way)
I think it will not turn out to be a mediocre otome/romance?
Expected something exciting for future episode and I enjoy this 1st episode so much too
Jul 17, 2020 9:17 AM

Apr 2012
So, MAPPA want to tell us that now they are finally turned into girl-focused studio?

However, despite the original, it was pretty neutral. I was expecting a lot more shoujo cliches and other doki-doki. Although I may just be too little familiar with the real otomes.
Jul 17, 2020 10:14 AM
Aug 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this is ok I guess with the main cast although that main girl is very generic to the shoujo type. At least the guys has different occupations in their field of work.

First episode introduced the guys and I guess this anime is going to spend time building relationships between them and the main girl. I'm kinda surprised MAPPA is adapting this.

well... as a person who plays the game and knows what it's about, I can tell you that it's a lot of mystery and many conspiracies related to evolver. If the anime will focus on the story of the game, then it will be a good series
AkiraHatakeeJul 17, 2020 10:21 AM
Jul 17, 2020 10:42 AM
Jan 2010
Lorell said:
Sphealz said:
Gavin is the best boy, team Gavin!!! (We didn't get much of him though) :'(
I'm #TeamGavin too! No worries, next episode will be more of him <3

Gavin is my favorite boy too!!! Yes to team Gavin hehe.
Jul 17, 2020 12:22 PM
Nov 2013
I really don't know what to think of this yet.
Jul 17, 2020 4:36 PM
May 2020
Gavin and Kiro and Lucien and Victor all my favorite boys!! Why they all very handsome 😭
Jul 17, 2020 9:03 PM
May 2016
Watched out of boredom and surprisingly not bad, has a girl in anime ever survived truck-kun twice before?
Jul 17, 2020 10:24 PM
May 2017
I really, really liked this episode. The game has an amazing plot and things get intense if you follow the game. When they first announced it was going to be an anime, I was scared they were going to turn it into a first person pov anime, but i'm super glad that didn't happen. The plot in game is a little slow to start, but once you reach a certain chapter, it's such a rollercoaster ride that does not stop. It looks like they decided to start a little bit of the action early with this episode, kind of as a small hint of what is to come.

I loved how mappa incorporated the experts from the game into the anime and they're working for her company. It was a nice detail to see. I kind of wish they would have done the whole "when you're in danger, trust your instincts" bit with Lucien/Simon. In the game, he gets close to her and whispers it into her ear but it was so different in the anime haha. It was kind of creepy in game but I think it says a lot about his personality as to what's to come. She also goes up to Victor/Zen's office to ask what she can do about the pulled funding instead of just yelling at him from the security gate but the effect was still the same.

Music in the episode wasn't exactly the best. I was kind of hoping they would play some of the character themes or songs from the game itself but idk if mappa has permission from paper games to do that. It would be awesome if they did!!

The art is great and Gavin/Haku looks like Gavin!! LMAO, in the PV's he had a derpy looking face sometimes as well as Kiro/Kira. Lucien's/Simon's face looked a little weird in the first trailer for the anime too but they all have a great resemblance to their in game characters now that I was able to watch an episode instead of a trailer. I really hope they keep following the game! It'll be a great anime if they do.
Jul 17, 2020 11:46 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
My expectations were a low going into this (I just came from watching the disastrous first episode of Gibiate + I didn't know that MAPPA made this) but I was pleasantly surprised. I don't think this will become a favorite anime, but it's one I'll probably enjoy watching this season.

So far, the actor and the scientist are fine, but the financial guy is scum. I hope he falls for the MC and gets rejected.

Also, why do people always want to come up with some ridiculous pseudoscience explanation for why superpowers exist? Accept they are basically magic and come up with a magical reason, not some DNA/evolution mumbo jumbo.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 18, 2020 12:05 AM

Jun 2013
The series has a cheesy title but the concept is very interesting. It's like espers with various powers. We got a mole brat with the ability to teleport, fly and even stop time. I'm guessing Victor is the same guy who saved her when she was younger.

I didn't know that Mappa was in charge of this. I thought it was going to be a lame otome or idol series with hot guys chasing the girl but none of them seem to be really interested in her immediately, of course, later on they will as most otome romance do. I'll watch a few more episodes and see if it'll get more interesting.
臭い-
Jul 18, 2020 12:33 AM

Jul 2016
A friend recommended me to play the game and watch the anime. I don't really like the format of the game, but at least I can watch the anime.

I went in blind with zero knowledge of the game and I was surprised when the guy started referencing the red queen hypothesis lol. I really don't like this approach. The whole evolver thing seems a bit goofy to me since natural science is something I will do professionally eventually, but it's not a dealbreaker.

The art is very nice, I'd say it's better than what I'd expect from an otome game adaptation. Also I like the fact that they are adults/not in high school.
Jul 18, 2020 4:25 AM
Mar 2012
lol Truck kun too early...
quite nice OP. Some of the animation & wink were good too. low expectations for this genre & some characters are kind same... chins lol?
So a media producer & mystery focus with a headstrong mc, plot feels more interesting & well presented of the new seasonals.
Jul 18, 2020 5:12 AM
Jul 2020
Pethaas said:
wait, what is the name of the girl? Please tell me that her name is Y/N
she doesn’t have an actual name since she is
Just called MC
Jul 18, 2020 8:14 PM
May 2020
The only reason I tried out the first episode was because I was intrigued to see MAPPA pick it up. glad im not the first
Jul 18, 2020 9:16 PM

Feb 2011
I think...I liked it. In any case it's a lot of fun to hear the cast and see them animated. I like that MC is taller. I wonder just how toned down the romance will be? It's probably for the best if they tone it down pretty well although I wouldn't mind if they got equal treatment in romance. Another thing I enjoyed was seeing the plot laid out in this format, definitely interested to see how that'll fully play out.
眠れないのは君のせい
Jul 19, 2020 2:13 AM
Apr 2020
This is actually entertaining. Story is very interesting. Animation is really great. OP & ED are both good.

I also like the female MC's personality. She's not the weak clingy female MC type. She's actually trying to unravel a mystery and fighting her way in a competitive industry.

Four male MCs are giving me Haru, Makoto, Nagisa and Rei vibe. They clearly have different personalities. Want to see more of their respective powers.

Jul 19, 2020 2:22 AM

Mar 2020
A lot of fanservice to the shoujo image. Hot guys, shy girl, generic storyline, you get it. Not utilizing the special powers and world enough. Might get better later, but right now it doesn't look like it'll be very fun.
Jul 20, 2020 12:32 PM

Dec 2013
I wasn't expecting to like it this much but I felt it was a bit rushed? I don't know maybe I don't remember the game's story that well...

Anyway, I think I loved to see Kiro animated and can't wait to see more Gavin in action
Jul 20, 2020 5:56 PM

Jan 2020
Not bad. I went into this episode with pretty low expectations since I haven't heard many good things about shows adapted from app games, but this surprised me. Kinda refreshing for me, since I haven't watched or read any shoujo lately. Looking forward to how this show will develop.

Bandori is love <3 Bandori is life <3
Jul 21, 2020 4:02 AM

Oct 2016
Sphealz said:
Gavin is the best boy, team Gavin!!! (We didn't get much of him though) :'(

My comrade! I love Gavin-senpai! 😭
Jul 21, 2020 7:14 PM

Mar 2013
Not what I expected at all. Really enjoyed this episode and can't wait for more. Sadly there's no manga to read but I'll try the game out some time.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Jul 22, 2020 12:35 PM
Jul 2020
Tbh i started this anime with REALLY low expectations since most of the game adaptations don't turn out very well for various reasons,but to my surprise it was actually way better than i expected... also, the pace of the story is completely fine regarding how long the story is... For those who haven't played the game i guarantee that this story is NOT a cutesy-cheesey romance so if you've started this anime with the hopes of getting some cheesey romance, then you'll be fairly disappointed.
Give it some time and you'll be surprised by how the story will turn out in the end.
Also for those who have a problem with science involved with superpowers, think about how ppl in the past would've thought of phones... a long time ago it seemed almost impossible for ppl to imagine that one day they'll be carrying a phone which can take pictures, remind them about different things,etc. ... My point is that it may sound impossible and childish but someday, somethings may happen in a way we never imagined them to be so just enjoy it!
Jul 23, 2020 10:39 AM

May 2015
I totally forgot that I wanted to watch this, barely missed it. I played a bit of the game before and this episode had some familiar moments. Pleasantly surprised at the way it's adapted, the art and animation look good and the storyline seems interesting too! Maybe it's time to continue playing, would be curious to compare the experience.
Jul 26, 2020 6:58 PM

Apr 2018
Honestly not that bad for a first episode. We get introduced to the main cast and the background of them as well as the Evolver power.
Jul 29, 2020 10:10 AM

Oct 2014
One of the most generic reverse harems I've ever seen. But the art is surprisingly good and I like the music. I find it funny the main character's name is just "me."
Jul 30, 2020 9:57 PM

Jul 2020
RebelPanda said:
One of the most generic reverse harems I've ever seen. But the art is surprisingly good and I like the music. I find it funny the main character's name is just "me."

At one point, the game company did give the MC an official stand-in name, "Youran" (mostly for simplicity). But this was extremely controversial because many Chinese fans had different opinions as to what MC's real name should be. Other players wanted to self-insert in the game so that they were the ones romancing the guys. Due to the disputes in the community, the game company just decided to make an announcement that MC doesn't have an in-game name and that the "player is the MC" lol...
Jul 31, 2020 12:30 PM

Jun 2020
chanced upon this, i'm all for reverse harems! we need more of these

the animation & art style weren't too bad, also really like the supernatural elements it has!

confused about their names :(

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 31, 2020 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
Okay okay so i’m one of the people that have already played the game. But i have a question, so Is Haku/Zen/Kira/Simon their actual names? Cause im used to Gavin/Victor etcc but i want to know if these are just the EN dub names or if the anime changed their names
Aug 5, 2020 10:22 AM

Mar 2020
Zen07 said:
Okay okay so i’m one of the people that have already played the game. But i have a question, so Is Haku/Zen/Kira/Simon their actual names? Cause im used to Gavin/Victor etcc but i want to know if these are just the EN dub names or if the anime changed their names

Haku, Zen, Kira and Simon are their names on the Japanese server of the game. They have different names for each server
Aug 10, 2020 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
Shooberino said:
Zen07 said:

Haku, Zen, Kira and Simon are their names on the Japanese server of the game. They have different names for each server
ohh i see, thank you!
Aug 11, 2020 1:32 PM

Mar 2015
Pretty alright so far. I only played the first few chapters of the game so going in blind from now on. I have a feeling Zen is gonna be my favorite, love me some powerful CEOs (reminds me of Jumin from Mystic Messenger lol).

I like how they didn't even give the MC a name, now that's a power move.

Though I wish the subs used their jp names instead of their English ones lol it's jarring to read and hear two different names at once <.<
Aug 11, 2020 1:35 PM

Mar 2020
This show is fucking boring. This might be the only anime I drop this season
yum riceballs

i just want a baccano! season 2
Aug 13, 2020 1:46 PM

Jul 2020
woopWOOOP said:

As someone who played the game, this story is phenomenal and has brilliant writing. It gets pretty dark later on though. The early parts is slow and corny but the plot just gets better and better (gives you so many mind fucks and chills)
Aug 13, 2020 2:13 PM

Mar 2020
Lucien4ever said:
woopWOOOP said:

As someone who played the game, this story is phenomenal and has brilliant writing. It gets pretty dark later on though. The early parts is slow and corny but the plot just gets better and better (gives you so many mind fucks and chills)

okay. Maybe I'll pick it up later again.
yum riceballs

i just want a baccano! season 2
Aug 13, 2020 3:43 PM

Jul 2020
woopWOOOP said:
Lucien4ever said:

Man the chapter expansion trailers for the game are so god damn hype. Watching these trailers, you would never expect the story of this "cutesy, shoujo" anime to go towards that direction. Though I think MAPPA will only adapt to chapter 14 since it's only 12 episodes.

Chapters 15-18

Chapters 22-24
Lucien4everAug 13, 2020 3:47 PM
Aug 20, 2020 4:53 AM

Jun 2020
Lucien4ever said:
woopWOOOP said:

Man the chapter expansion trailers for the game are so god damn hype. Watching these trailers, you would never expect the story of this "cutesy, shoujo" anime to go towards that direction. Though I think MAPPA will only adapt to chapter 14 since it's only 12 episodes.

Chapters 15-18

Chapters 22-24

the PVs are so great i wish the anime went in that direction :(

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 27, 2020 4:38 AM
Nov 2019
Ion know man but it seems kinda cringy and predictable
Jan 6, 2021 11:49 PM

Jul 2015
Often times I find otome (reverse harem) series to be a bit more boring but this one seems pretty enjoyable so far. As cruel as it is, I gotta agree with Victor there but he really didn't pull any punches in his reasoning to mc girl lol. Good thing she doesn't give up.

Jun 4, 2021 6:41 PM

Sep 2014
The blonde guy looks like Cody Gray from Love Tangle (game) 😂

Ep 1 was OK, I guess.

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Jun 24, 2023 12:02 AM
Jun 2023
keren, apalagi karakter laki2nya
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 30, 2020

43 by Bbluebabies »»
Sep 29, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

46 by Animecoregirl13 »»
Aug 10, 2022 3:21 PM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

45 by MacchiaStella »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:55 AM

» Why underrated

Rei_Kuroi - Aug 26, 2021

6 by Kunii »»
Aug 26, 2021 12:34 PM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 16, 2020

18 by ItsaMae »»
May 17, 2021 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.