Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 15, 2020 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this is ok I guess with the main cast although that main girl is very generic to the shoujo type. At least the guys has different occupations in their field of work.

First episode introduced the guys and I guess this anime is going to spend time building relationships between them and the main girl. I'm kinda surprised MAPPA is adapting this.
Jul 15, 2020 8:34 AM

Jul 2015
Most of chapter 1 got adapted with its ending matching up, looks like next episode will be 2 - 3? Maybe anyways. I'm surprised the opening showed off....something...lol so early, makes me wonder how much will end up getting adapted. Regardless, I enjoyed it! It was nice to finally see Kiro/Kira sing and dance even if it was in the background aaaaaa.
Jul 15, 2020 8:57 AM
Dec 2015
Watched it in the Mandrin dub aka original voice; it's faithful to the game. I'm pretty okay with it being with the main game for 3 years. It's really satisfying to see my babies being able to move
Jul 15, 2020 11:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So basically it's a super powers show ? lol, surprising first episode to be honest, I expected this anime to be bad but I actually enjoyed this episode, and the animation is really good.
Jul 15, 2020 11:31 AM

Jun 2015
WTF did I just watch. Crunchy calling it Mr Love: Queen's Choice. From the name I figured I would not like it. A few mins into the show I though I might like it. The some time after I though WTF is this. Then I thought I might like it, and then the end happened. And i'm just thinking WTF did I just watch.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 15, 2020 11:37 AM

Jan 2014
Forgot why I wanted to watch this, but it was pretty alright for what it was. The main MC is quite likeable, and I do wish her the best, and wanting her to succeed.
Jul 15, 2020 11:50 AM

Jan 2020
Had no idea Mappa was the one doing this !
Jul 15, 2020 11:53 AM

Oct 2018
Quite a nice episode. As someone who plays the game the anime is based on, I'm kinda surprised they adapted the first chapter of it without much pacing issues. I'm not expecting a masterpiece from this anime but I love seeing my boys moving (and MC having a voice).
Jul 15, 2020 12:08 PM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
i loved the first episode, seems to be following the game pretty well so far~
Jul 15, 2020 12:27 PM
May 2019
Roch2001 said:
WTF did I just watch. Crunchy calling it Mr Love: Queen's Choice. From the name I figured I would not like it. A few mins into the show I though I might like it. The some time after I though WTF is this. Then I thought I might like it, and then the end happened. And i'm just thinking WTF did I just watch.
in case you didn't know Crunchyroll translated their names from the official EN game server, they didn't translated it directly from JP so it's a bit confusing hearing Zen/Victor, Kira/Kiro, Haku/Gavin, Simon/Lucien, we hope this gets dubbed on EN with their original English voice actors, I prefer EN dub over JP dub imo cuz their voice acting really fits well with their characters. So after this anime is over expect the EN dub in production.
Jul 15, 2020 1:28 PM

Jun 2015
tlyltc_noplkyou said:
Roch2001 said:
in case you didn't know Crunchyroll translated their names from the official EN game server, they didn't translated it directly from JP so it's a bit confusing hearing Zen/Victor, Kira/Kiro, Haku/Gavin, Simon/Lucien, we hope this gets dubbed on EN with their original English voice actors, I prefer EN dub over JP dub imo cuz their voice acting really fits well with their characters. So after this anime is over expect the EN dub in production.

Person of the internet. I dont watch stuff because of how they translate names. I dont even understand why you quoted my post and said what you said. Personally I find dubs filthy and an assault on my ears. You cant translate sound and feeling in characters when translating things into another perspective. I had no issue with the voice acting. The show was just weird, and while I watch it, it can stay weird or not. But if you want me to watch a dub, your gonna have to come tie me to a chair and pin my eye lids open before that happens. GFY.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 15, 2020 1:45 PM
Mar 2020
maybe im just remembering the game wrong but i like how theyre focusing on the evol part more, unlike the game which was mostly just the characters. im not saying that the game did a bad thing in focusing on the characters, i love them all! but its something that makes it different in a good way from the game. unlike most adaptations which try to be different and end up messing stuff up lol
Jul 15, 2020 2:22 PM
Oct 2017
Honestly i’m very happy how everything turned out but only during my rewatch have i noticed that
But that’s a small detail tho I’m curious how many things they’ll change in the future episodes.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags.
KuuroJul 18, 2020 2:03 AM
Jul 15, 2020 2:38 PM
Apr 2020
I thought this episode was pretty good, I have no background knowledge about the game or anything like that. I think that I might play the game this was based on once this is over. I wonder what else is in store for this show.
Jul 15, 2020 2:45 PM

Apr 2020
I didn't expect to enjoy this show as much as I did. If wasn't for the boyband guy would be much better, almost stopped there, but the mistery is getting good.
I neither agree nor disagree, on the contrary.
Jul 15, 2020 3:20 PM
Apr 2018
Kiro is the best boy
Jul 15, 2020 3:32 PM

Mar 2018
Sealshark122 said:
Kiro is the best boy

I agree 100%! Kiro is so underrated ^v^
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Jul 15, 2020 3:58 PM

Nov 2015
wait, what is the name of the girl? Please tell me that her name is Y/N
Jul 15, 2020 4:18 PM

Feb 2017
Gavin is the best boy, team Gavin!!! (We didn't get much of him though) :'(
Jul 15, 2020 4:36 PM

Jul 2017
yes, finally to see what the abundance of pixiv fanart is about lol

But do have to say, for an otome game adaptation I'm really digging the art style, interesting to see MAPPA behind this (never really expected them of all studios xd)

Characters are...decent so far. Only really digging Kira tbh the rest seem kinda bleh, (though Haku was hardly shown tbh). FeMC seems alright, more on the typical otome protagonist side of things of though. Voices I do like, apart from that warper dude and the people who were chasing him, their voices did not match their character one bit xd especially that blond guy whew (unless it turns out to be a girl)

Pethaas said:
wait, what is the name of the girl? Please tell me that her name is Y/N

She's literally listed as "I" (watashi) lol, VA: Kanemoto Hisako
Jul 15, 2020 5:16 PM
Jun 2017
Seems interesting...

We have a MC girl which wants to prove that their company amidst being small can excel... And with a twist since it have some power on it
Jul 15, 2020 5:34 PM

Feb 2014
A reverse harem of bishie superhumans, haha.
Well, is more enjoyable than I expected it would be for someone who is not into otome games.
Jul 15, 2020 5:57 PM
Apr 2020
The animation is really good , the mc is really cute and i like her personality
Jul 15, 2020 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
The main heroine looks exactly like Anzu from Ensemble Stars. Even their personalities are similar. They're very shy and timid.
Jul 15, 2020 7:03 PM
Feb 2020
why is Lucien called Simon on mal?
Jul 15, 2020 7:10 PM
Aug 2015
Very excited for more I'm a loyal follower and supporter! I love seeing all the characters animated even from the production company and all the side characters!
Jul 15, 2020 7:35 PM

Mar 2018
xvaer said:
why is Lucien called Simon on mal?

Simon is what he's called in Japan

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Jul 15, 2020 8:23 PM
Jan 2010
I've been playing the game and it's so amazing to see everyone come to life (and hear their voices) in the anime! The art is so gorgeous too, especially in the ED. I watched both the CN and Japanese dub to compare their voices and they all sound so good!!
Jul 15, 2020 11:22 PM

Jan 2016
Wasn't actually planning to watch this, but I'm glad I decided to. It was an alright premiere, pretty much all the characters were likeable so far, except that Victor/Zen dude. I thought he would be a good person at first, but his first impressions at the end made me think otherwise. Beat him up, girl.
Jul 15, 2020 11:34 PM

Aug 2011
Roch2001 said:

If you want clarification on the name: it's based on a Chinese game and the title is slightly different depending on the language it was released in. The English server calls it Mr Love: Queen's Choice. The Japanese server calls it EVOLxLOVE. The Chinese server calls it Love & Producer, etc. The names of the guys are also different depending on the language. That's why it's named different things for some reason.
Jul 16, 2020 2:46 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Not really into otome adaptations tbh, but so far I like this one, the boys and the voice are great and their personalities are tolerable to some extent especially Sugita who happens to voice another ikemen in Stand my Heroes: Piece of Truth.
Jul 16, 2020 2:55 AM

Sep 2018
Made me laugh that some idiot posted "gay" on nyaa because the pic was of 4 guys when the whole first episode was about a girls.

Looks interesting enough to keep me watching.
Jul 16, 2020 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
This first episode was enjoyable. I like the female MC. I can't say the same about the male characters tho. They all seem very uninteresting so far. We'll see how they evolve (no pun intended).
Jul 16, 2020 4:18 AM

Jul 2017
If there's one studio that I'd least expect to make an otome game adaptation, it's MAPPA. The visuals and animation are just too good for the miniscule genre.

Otherwise, it's the standard otome, but with a "unique" twist. I say this because most otome adaptations are batshit, and hoping this would be somewhat refreshing.

Well, ikemen will always be ikemen, and so far the supernatural men are handsome as heck, with their different Evolver (EVOL) powers. The female MC isn't shabby...so far, being a show producer, investigating her own dad's accident, and most importantly: not being a wimp to simp.

I'd hate to say this, but this premiere episode is just impressive, leaps beyond the typical otome game adaptations of years past. Let's hope that this gets better in the long run.
Jul 16, 2020 5:34 AM
Jul 2020
Interesting.. i havent watched something quite like this before and it intrigued me a lot. I also love anything that is associated with Mappa so I just knew I had to give this a shot. I'd give this episode a solid 8/10.
Jul 16, 2020 8:43 AM

Jul 2013
The pacing of this episode seems decent and I loved most of the changes to the story so far.

Initially I didn't like Simon/Lucien at the beginning of the game because of his kabedon in the moment of saying 'Trust your instincts'. It just seemed too aggressive towards someone he just met. So since the anime fixed this scene, his character can only get better and better as the show goes on (and I am damn sure that will be the case). Can't wait for adaptation of the chapters that focus more on him, was it 4th and 5th chapter?

Loved the meeting between Kiro/Kira and MC, it was cuter than how I remember it from the game, seeing experts from the game animated was a delight and also Kiki and Anna. Seeing all these small details seems that MAPPA really put their heart into it and I hope I am not wrong.

This episode had sooo many awesome hints. I don't know how will this work for anime-only viewers but hopefully they end up explaining more things later so they can catch up. Also I remember the game putting on slice-of-life airs longer before all the evolver stuff were explained and introduced so I guess they are speeding up that part at least.

Sadly, it's only 12 episodes long and if they only adapt first 10 chapters that would be a shame since the actual plot starts after that, but again if they go up to 18th chapter I am afraid it won't be executed well because of the big amount of story with Inception like elements and a small amount of time. It seems more and more to me that this will end being a promotion for the game, but who knows maybe we live up to see the second season.

As for what I didn't like, it's a small detail but I am not a fan of the tattoos for now, hopefully it's not a thing among all members (I expected BS to have a more elite air).
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jul 16, 2020 10:14 AM
Feb 2016
Sphealz said:
I'm #TeamGavin too! No worries, next episode will be more of him <3
Jul 16, 2020 11:00 AM

Apr 2016
Expecting it to bad, but turns out to be quite interesting. Mc is likable tho and CEO dude's voice is kinda too low lol it's a bit unsettling.

Overall it seems like a good series. :D
Jul 16, 2020 2:27 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Ahh! I'm so excited about this. It's a great and accurate episode so far... a bit cringey with the music choices. Combined with the narration it kind of gives me Ace Attorney vibes...very gamey...although I guess that's the point. I really like Watashi/MC's voice... the seiyuu really gives her a likeable and...independent personality (despite how she's just doing what been passed to her). i was worried she'd be given a childish of A Tohru-esque personality (Fruits Basket). At first with the music, it did seem like that, but so far it's not too bad. Overall seiyuu selections matched really well and also a good amount of information without being a braindump.
10/10 on Seiyuus
10/10 on the minor art changes
7/10 on pacing
6/10 on the music
The game-ey music gives it a very B-rated anime in my opinion, which I hope others don't feel. With all the game content, this could be a very fun/dark series (like season 2 please sign us up!)
....Overall super flipping excited for the next episode.
Jul 16, 2020 2:28 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Lorell said:
Sphealz said:
I'm #TeamGavin too! No worries, next episode will be more of him <3

Gavin is the only childhood "friend" that ever had a chance.
Jul 16, 2020 3:04 PM
May 2015
Fans of the otome game this is based on may have a better idea of the story than I do, but so far it feels decent.

Thanks to Bakarina, this feels a bit generic to me, but that's probably bias on my part. As an introduction to the world, it's done fairly well in this episode, with the heroine and her four love interests being given sufficient debuts that should keep interest going as to what route the show will go.

Technically, the animation is pretty and the music is charming. The OP and EP look very slick and neat.

Looks to be an ok beginning.

Jul 16, 2020 3:08 PM
Apr 2019
also why isn't mc a character listed on mal?
Jul 16, 2020 4:39 PM

Mar 2014
After playing the game for a while and having just completed chapter 14, I'm so glad to see this turned into an anime! I didn't think it was possible for otome to be adapted to anime but I'm glad to see it. I'm just gonna put it out there that Gavin is the best boy and I hope the anime will be able to do him justice; although I feel like he looks better in the game.
Jul 16, 2020 5:47 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Supernatural themes. An evolution among peoples that led young woman to faced the reality of the world: an evolver. I guessed, i was interested with the premises. But, not much in the end. I found it too cliche. Welp, i still watch this till the end. The interesting part must be happening in the next episode. Who knews what destiny that woman had in the future?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 16, 2020 6:12 PM

Mar 2018
Fantastic first episode! As a fan of the game, I’m very happy with it (so happy to see my favorite boy Kiro ^v^)

Also, for all anime-only viewers, let me just say that as someone who plays the game, it’s only going to get better from here on out! There’s a lot of awesome stuff that’s still yet to be seen.
I’m looking forward to seeing all of my favorite scenes fully moving and animated!

Though with only 12 episodes...makes me wonder how much they’re going to adapt, depending on their pacing. In the trailers I saw some of the dates from the game (which are completely optional), so I wonder how the pacing is going to go and how much of the story they’re going to adapt before this season ends!

Jul 16, 2020 6:55 PM

Jan 2011
was a pass at first but then i gave it a try after hearing a few things and noticing Sugita is in i'm here for my boy also this seems far different than most reverse harem's i've seen come out.

though there already a fair amount of drama loaded on to our MC which is super cute + 1 for being college as well
Jul 16, 2020 8:15 PM

Jun 2014
main girl in idol show gets run over by truck-kun. hmmmm i feel like ive seen this made by Mappa before..........

so far this is honestly one of the only interesting new series starting this season. i tend to really like anime that mash several genres together.
Jul 16, 2020 9:47 PM

Dec 2016
The plot is a little different reminds me of Stand my heroes: piece of truth which I dropped. The only reason I decided to watch this was because this is my first time seeing MAPPA doing an otome anime but it's too dull and boring for me...( ̄▽ ̄)
Jul 17, 2020 12:36 AM
Sep 2019
I feel like watching a korean drama lmao
Jul 17, 2020 12:52 AM

Oct 2008
4 dudes and one gal...hmmm it's an Otome! so when would the fivesome will be?
btw Konomi Suzuki is very busy 3 songs in a season!
3/5.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 30, 2020

43 by Bbluebabies »»
Sep 29, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

46 by Animecoregirl13 »»
Aug 10, 2022 3:21 PM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

45 by MacchiaStella »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:55 AM

» Why underrated

Rei_Kuroi - Aug 26, 2021

6 by Kunii »»
Aug 26, 2021 12:34 PM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 16, 2020

18 by ItsaMae »»
May 17, 2021 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.