Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 14, 2020 3:13 PM

Aug 2011
kinda felt like there was supposed to be a whole arc where they're searching for Emma and discover the human world's rules on their way but it didn't happen (maybe it's for the best cause last arc was such a medicore)
Jun 14, 2020 3:19 PM
Jun 2020
Lots of questions remaining, but i was pretty relieved to see it finally end. Probbly from the lack of quality in the final arc where I just started to feel myself saying "alright enough dragging this out". Maybe one day we will get an extra chapter that shows the future.

9/10, as it may have sputtered to a mediorce end, this series had a fantastic opening arc and a pretty indepth world. I would recommend this to any new readers.
there are four sides to every story.
if these walls could talk,
they probably still ignore me.
Jun 14, 2020 3:31 PM
May 2020
I stayed up late for this, but it's so expected that they would reunite with Emma. Even tho I got the feels, I'm kinda disappointed. But still, I'll miss reading this every week.
RinamiiJun 14, 2020 3:37 PM
Jun 14, 2020 3:44 PM

Mar 2019
Frustrating read.

I couldn't be any happier this garbage is done with. That ending perfectly epitomizes one of my main issues with this manga. The writer was incapable (99% of the time) to committing to any scenario that would result in the children coming out on the losing end. Norman dies? Nope, still alive and returns later. Norman is now on a genocidal crusade and possibly on course to clash with his peers? Nope, don't worry they're able to talk him out of it in the middle of a battle with the most powerful demon in the world. The demons are about to possibly enter into a civil war to restore the rule under the five demon houses? Nope, Leuvis returns out of nowhere, has a change of heart towards the old order of the government and the demon's reliance on human flesh (because of "reasons") and decides to overthrow the current government and allow Mujika's blood to be shared. Some of the children have a potentially lethal disease with no known cure? No problem. They're able to analyze Adam's special DNA (wtf?) and develop, test, and approve of a medicine within two years (LOL) to suppress the effects of the disease. And finally, Emma is separated from them as a result of the promise? No problem, through the use of technology and ghosts (huh?) they're able to track her down and somehow convince her, even though they're total strangers to her, to come and live with them as a family. And she's even lucky in the sense that she doesn't even have to remember any of the traumatic shit she went through! Wow! Garbage.

This unwillingness to commit to tragedy, and the manga's transition from a survival manga to a battle manga following Yugo's death (where the Demon's no longer feel like a threat) are the two biggest flaws that destroyed a promising manga with the potential to become a classic, and turned it into just another run of the mill battle shounen with no stakes at risk.

It fucking sucked and I'm being kind to it when I say that. It's been so bad for so long that I can't get too annoyed about it because this isn't sudden.
poemofdevilJun 14, 2020 3:51 PM
Jun 14, 2020 3:44 PM

Jan 2016
Glad it finally ended. What a shitshow of last arcs. 10/10 until Goldy Pond, after that 2/10.
Jun 14, 2020 3:58 PM

Jun 2017
Meh..this manga was slaughtered after Goldy Pond.
Jun 14, 2020 4:36 PM

Dec 2013
This series badly went downhill after Goldy Pond but I'm still sad to see it end.
Jun 14, 2020 4:36 PM

Mar 2015
A bit harsh but I'm glad it ended, It got really boring after a while. It had a really great start though, with a unique idea but slowly declined in the end. Solid 6/10.
Jun 14, 2020 4:42 PM

Jul 2010
Promised Neverland is good. Its okay. But it could have been much, much more than just "okay". Is Death Note or Code Geass good? No. I call them Legends. Something considered by me as a modern classic. But when it comes to Neverland... not even close.

I could recommend only the first arc, maybe,just MAYBE Gold Pond, but that's it. The whole premise was very cool, characters were interesting, this world, mysteries, plot twists .. It felt like an edgy Harry Potter with children trying outsmart demons and decipher secret codes left in old books! But look at them now? Characters are flat. They are just "smart" children, I can't distinguish one from another. Emma is naive, okay, but...Rey and Norman? They WERE pretty different at the beginning, Norman had completely different arc than Rey, but now they are just 2 smart boys who want their waifu to be with them. Plot twists are weak and usually just tearjerkers. Mind games transformed in an action movie were CHILDREN can survive lethal injuries and shoot from both hands like it's nothing. And let's not even start with all the "super powered children" concept, okay? And in the end there were TOO MANY happy coincidences.

I am glad this story exists, I just wish it was written better. I've read in an interview that only Escape arc was thought through before serialization started, and it seems like the weakest point of Kayu Shirai. Better plan everything out in the next work.
6,5/10. First arc simply 9-9,5/10, own it on my shelf.
Jun 14, 2020 4:54 PM

Nov 2018
I think we all should be happy the ending wasn't butchered like some other series have been *cough cough* Domestic Girlfriend *cough cough*
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jun 14, 2020 5:03 PM
Feb 2019
The ending was fine. It wasn’t anything special, but it made sense and wrapped up the story. I think everyone was able to end up happy which is satisfying.
Jun 14, 2020 5:14 PM

Apr 2020
This manga was my favorite for a long time, and it still has a special place in my heart. The last arc, however, was especially lackluster when compared to the rest of the story.

Honestly, as cute as the ending is, I would've preferred if Emma never got reunited with her family. Sure, it would've been a bittersweet ending, but then it would actually feel like the promise actually made an impact.

It's a shame how much the story dropped in quality. I'll miss this series.
Jun 14, 2020 5:24 PM
Apr 2020
I guess you could never really expect a 100% happy ending from a series such as The Promised Neverland. From the first chapter to the last, these kids have never had a break with all the demons, the Ratari clan, and other forms of tragedies trying to stop them. That being said, I’m really surprised that all the kids ended up alive, and I’m actually really happy with the way the series concluded itself.
However, I do have one big problem. It was so rushed. Leading up to the actual ending wasn’t rushed at all and I think the buildup was quite nice overall, but the last two or three chapters took that nice buildup and threw it out the window entirely. Having the conclusion in just 2-3 chapters is just way too fast for a series such as this where so much happens all the time and is normally paced out very well.
So while I loved this series and the ending, I absolutely despise the way the conclusion was rushed.
Jun 14, 2020 5:53 PM

Jan 2020
I really think that it needs 1 or 2 more chapters because it felt really rushed
Jun 14, 2020 7:25 PM

Feb 2016
And they all lived happily ever after... The End.

Ugh, what happened to the mind games, the stakes, the feeling of danger this manga had back at it's early days?, there's nothing wrong with a happy ending, but this ending was obvious ever since Emma's plot armor ranged through all the kids. It's as if the author was changed midway and some incompetent took the job and fucked it up. Suddenly stakes are always in favor of the kids, consequences are little to none, and when something bad happens, it ends up forced.

Here I'm really hoping Cloverworks to butcher the source, maybe then the ending will not suck.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 14, 2020 7:54 PM
Aug 2017
I really hate that I have to give this series the score I do. I really, honestly am. I came to this series a little late, around the time Goldy Pond was just about to wrap up. But I was kinda glad that was the case with me being able to binge through the entirety of the series up to that point with no break. And that being the case, it quickly climbed its way up to one of my favorite series to come out in years. The characters were great, the story was compelling, the art was fantastic. It was everything I could've asked for in a new up and coming series to define Shounen Jump going forwards. Easily a 9/10 or 10/10 series up to the end of Goldy Pond. And then Goldy Pond ended.

The stuff following Goldy Pond was still good. It was a majority build up for the upcoming arc, which I don't particularly mind. But then the build up just kept going. And going. And going. The build up just didn't seem to end up until Norman finally went to the capital to attack the demons. And even then, the series didn't seem to hold the same impact and charm that it had once had. And then we got to the capital. Every decision made after Norman got to the capital just made the story worse and worse. And I was even fine with most of the ideas brought forward, they were just presented horribly. Then we got to the throne room where all semblance of hope I had for the series returning to the peaks it once reached were completely demolished.

From then on to the end I honestly couldn't be bothered to even read the series most of the time. I only got around to reading the last 10 or 15 chapters when I heard the series was ending. Boy, did those chapters not help my opinion of the series. The last 2 chapters of the series are honestly the best chapters that had come out in like 30 to 40 chapters. Even then, the ending just left a bad taste in my mouth. This series went from one of, if not the, best opening arcs in a series to one of the most boring, generic, and disappointing endings I have every had the displeasure of reading. Honestly, the only reason my score isn't lower than a 5/10 is because of the fond memories and respect I have for the series up till around the midway point. So finally, a painful yet grateful farewell to this series.
Jun 14, 2020 7:57 PM

Nov 2015
Another overhyped manga with a trash ending along with Tokyo ghoul/re and demon slayer

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jun 14, 2020 8:12 PM
Jul 2013
Last few chapters felt melo-dramatic and very convenient. But the start of the series was FANTASTIC
Jun 14, 2020 8:52 PM
Jul 2018
i cannot believe its over, ive been crying hard for an hour and my head really hurts. i cannot even begin to express how i feel, this was my all time favorite series for almost 2 years..the ending was so bittersweet and i just want more now.
Jun 14, 2020 9:49 PM
Jan 2020
Honestly, I enjoyed this manga up until the last few arcs. Everything just felt so RUSHED! Like in this last chapter there was a two-year time jump? I do not understand the point of Emma being lost and her losing her memories - I think they should have ditched this and focused on giving all the characters a proper ending... Like a functional time jump to show how things go in the future --- although there is no point dwelling on what could have been. Overall it was an underwhelming ending from an originally amazing and gradually declining anime.... :(
Jun 14, 2020 10:23 PM

Jul 2012
So she loses her memories and gets far away from the group in one chapter... and reunites again with them and everything is fine in next the chapter. So what exactly was the point in that? :P Was there supposed to be an arc in between these two chapters? because that would make more sense.
I thought the "promise" would be more impactful, but it's just... eh.

I really liked this up until the Cuvitidala arc, after that it started to decline heavily.

After I finished the anime I was so hyped that I never thought I'd be seeing Yakusoku no Neverland going with such a underwhelming ending :/
Jun 14, 2020 10:52 PM
Apr 2020
The manga was really good overall, I had a lot of fun reading it but the ending completely sucked. I wish there had been a more definite resolution. I wanted to see everyone kinda happy after meeting up with Emma but it just ended that way and it was like the manga ended in a completely flat way. I dont know, I feel like it was rushed or something. I was truly disappointed.
Jun 14, 2020 10:57 PM
Apr 2020
I guess what really made the manga extremely interesting was that there were a lot of plot twists that just jumps right at the reader. I just noticed that in the final arcs, there had been a decline in that pizzazz that made the manga so good in the first place. It had become somewhat predictable. The ending was just crap though still I couldn't stop crying thinking of what could have been between Emma and her family. Overall it was a good manga but the ending was just complete shit.
Jun 15, 2020 12:33 AM

Aug 2015
Definitely anticlimactic... But it was heartwarming regardless... :'))

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jun 15, 2020 12:46 AM

Oct 2016
Ending wasn't bad by all means but, it felt kinda rushed. They could have build it up a bit more and felt like the problem was solved too easily but, at least it didn't leave any plot point left unanswered. Anyways congratulations to author and good luck on their next works.
Jun 15, 2020 1:12 AM
Jan 2019
Why did it had to to end? Why couldn't my favorite mangas last forever?
Jun 15, 2020 5:18 AM
Jul 2017
tuanguyen said:
I started reading 5-toubun, Domekano and TPN at the same time. They all ended this year and disappointed me throughout...

Same.
Expect this one which I'm losing motivation to pick up.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Jun 15, 2020 6:04 AM

Mar 2016
I almost forgot that i read this manga weekly after the anime aired, it scares me to see 2 of recent shounen jump series finished with such disappointing end. I'm especially worried for Haikyuu, since it has been my weekly manga since years ago. Anyone knows when was the last time Jump series has a high note ending?
Jun 15, 2020 7:32 AM

Oct 2015
9/10 because that godly first arc and golden pond arc.And I remove it from my favorite 😩😩
Jun 15, 2020 7:43 AM

May 2016
While I was pretty happy that they're all happy in the end, I had mixed feelings towards the ending. If they were able to find Emma and make new memories with her as their friend in what is pretty much a perfect world just like that, it just feels like the price she paid for the Promise that saved every single person who was stuck in the Demon World ended up having little to no consequences at all at this point. It might've taken them two years to find her but that changes nothing especially when it was only shown in just a few pages.

As touching as it was to see Connie's spirit and their departed friends pulling Ray towards Emma and telling him about where she is, there was absolutely no reason for that to happen nor any indication of something like that being possible even in a story with Demons and futuristic human technology that can easily cure all the braindead mass-produced livestock kids along with the Lambda kids who had supposedly incurable side effects from all those experiments.

Man, I'm completely conflicted on how to score this manga. I absolutely loved the arcs before the last one but the mediocrity and lack of stakes, tension, and direct consequences of the final arc where every victory was so easily achieved and all problems were so easily solved right after it is raised in one way or another left a very bad taste in my mouth. It's sad that I ended up feeling so disappointed somewhere nearing the end, giving up on my Emma-like optimism that things will get better. At least it's finished now and I'm still looking forward to the anime's second season since I can actually rate it the way I want without having to consider the slog that came afterwards.

Jun 15, 2020 10:01 AM

Dec 2015
This last chapter didn't really feel much like a chapter at all. 180 felt like a set-up to a whole new arc/sequel, but this new chapter was just weirdly rushed and shoved in at the end. I'd honestly have preferred it to end at 180. I have enjoyed this series, but this new chapter seemed a bit pointless.

Jun 15, 2020 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
I hope that future anime adaptions can fix most of the issues this manga had.
Jun 15, 2020 10:54 AM
Nov 2009
As messed up as it is I think the manga went downhill when the children stopped dying. Still an enjoyable read though. 7/10
Jun 15, 2020 10:58 AM
Jun 2016
Rushed ending. The events after the death of Yuugo and Lucas were too convenient for them. Read this manga weekly, and the quality dropped after Yuugo and Lucas' death, honestly. Disappointing, but a good read overall, I guess.
Jun 15, 2020 11:07 AM
Jan 2019
I am a little bit disappointed about the last arc, I felt like it was rushed a bit too much. For the last chapter, I think that they didn't use the memories lost of Emma to the maximum, they just mentioned it then the next page everybody is happy and its the end. But I am sure there will be a chapter 181.1,2,3,4,5 cause WE DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHO THE FUCK IS THE BIG GUY WITH EMMA. So I am looking forward for it. :)
“You don’t cry because your weak, you cry because you’ve been strong for too long.”
Jun 15, 2020 11:48 AM

Oct 2019
A bit anti-climatic, no?
She lost her memories and then the very next chapter she gets them back ;-;

Literally the entire series Emma has been with her family and for the author to just throw away all those important moments really bugs me.

I am like extremely emotional no matter what I read lol so yes, I did cry and I couldn't stop for like 20 minutes but most of it was just because I am really mad, at the very least I wanted Emma to remember them like, they were her family! They spent literally 2 years just for her to have no idea who they are, it's so irritating to me.

I guess the wrapped it up fine and I will definitely read the authors next work. The promised neverland had one of the most amazing and outstanding first arcs I have ever seen so I'm sad it didn't continue on like that until the end. It's been fun though. T^T

This is still one of my favorite manga and boy have I cried reading all of this and I am still sad to see it end. :'(
ashlynwwJun 15, 2020 11:53 AM
Jun 15, 2020 2:10 PM
Apr 2020
I was a little disapointed :(
I really loved this series, even when it felt like it was a bit dragging. The ending kinda came out of nowhere, just in that there were many moments previous that felt like they could be the end (Them leaving the farm, them leaving the demon world), but weren't. I really loved it over all!! it was a bittersweet ending, despite it feeling a little anticlimactic.
The story being built upon a foundation of family and trust and having that stripped away kinda bothers me, BUT them wanting to rebuild their relationship with Emma from the ground up is sweet in its own way, and proves how much she means to them and I really like that. All in all it was a good read with some really interesting arcs and character choices; even with the iffy ending!!
moosiesJun 15, 2020 2:13 PM
Jun 15, 2020 3:26 PM

Nov 2015
I liked it. 6/10 overall. It was fine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2020 7:32 PM
Mar 2015
They find Emma and she agrees to live with them even though she does not remember them
Jun 15, 2020 7:34 PM
Nov 2016
Why, why a happy ending?
When I was reading the cap 180, I really thought for a moment that the old man was norman, after a long time, and just now he found Emma. That will be really sad and emotional.
That would be much better then what we had. Or just end it on the 180, it is a round number sound good haha.
Jun 15, 2020 8:10 PM
Jun 2014
Goldy pond was my peak. Didn't even like the first arc so this was an incredibly disappointing series. Obviously the writer was lucky to have a good idea because they didn't write a good overarching narrative and well-develop the characters. 4/10
Jun 15, 2020 8:35 PM
Dec 2018
I read it yesterday and just realised that it ended
Jun 15, 2020 10:16 PM

May 2014
I wouldn't have minded more exposition and satisfactory conclusions to more character arcs, as this seemed relatively brief. But the ending had me tearing up as it was, so I think it used it's momentum all the way up to the very end, leaving it off with a 10/10. What a heartfelt story that followed through all the way to the end. <3
Jun 15, 2020 11:37 PM
Mar 2018
I am satisfied with this ending :") so heartwarming, I got teary reading it.
Jun 16, 2020 1:42 AM

Jul 2015
Goodbye TPN.

Wish every arc was as good as the first arc.

Jun 16, 2020 11:07 AM

May 2012
Solid ending, really enjoyed it. I'm glad the mangaka didn't decide to overextend the ending with how popular the anime was, it felt like the best time to let the manga finish.

Overall though, the first arc is honestly one of the best arcs I've ever experienced, but I think that ended up being its Achilles Heel. The first arc was TOO good, and after the escape the shift in storytelling was weird at times. Goldy Pond arc was still super solid, and the last arc was great as well, but there were definitely some points where I missed the beginning and the political drama became too much.

I truly wanted to give it and keep it a 10, but I ultimately had to give it a 9. I still love the series and the characters and world it created, but it was just too hard to keep up the momentum from the first arc. Some of the scenes will be really cool to see animated someday, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Jun 16, 2020 2:06 PM

Aug 2012
holy shit emma is so bad character she ruined the story with all this realistic bullshit
Jun 16, 2020 9:34 PM
Apr 2020
Wow I don't know how to feel about this ending. It feels great to know that Emma and her family will be together in the human world after all their troubles. It feels good that they WONT have to suffer in the Oni world or have to live a life in the human world constantly worrying of Emma's whereabouts, which could've possibly left them all dismayed. On the other hand I feel like the ending could've been better.. Like I said I really don't know how to feel. This manga was amazing nevertheless. It kept me on the "edge of my seat" about what was going to happen next and the many plot twists added to the beauty of this manga. This manga well deserves its praise. It is a true masterpiece in itself. Thankyou Kaiu Shirai for all of your hard and beautiful work you've put into this series. I am looking forward to season 2 anime adaptation. :)
Jun 16, 2020 10:36 PM

Jul 2019
I think the ending was good anyway.thanks to mangaka and illustrator
Jun 17, 2020 2:53 AM
Oct 2019
Damn onions. I love reading this manga. I just felt rush at the end. The bittersweet ending dammit. I actually don't know what to feel. It's good. I just feel something is missing. I just wish they could have taken more time before finding Emma and making her agree to live with them. Maybe after they reach age 20? Lol. Anyways, whatever happened, it still a good read! It was a fun experience. BTW I miss hugo and up to this day, I still wish he and his friend are still alive :(((
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 46 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

27 by ShrumGuy »»
Aug 16, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 152 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

23 by SCYTHER07 »»
Aug 15, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

44 by Dii8 »»
Jul 11, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2018

13 by phantom346 »»
Jul 9, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 111 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2018

29 by phantom346 »»
Jul 9, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.