Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 6, 2018 12:40 AM
Aug 2014
Its a very funny episode but low plot progression
Well i hope that they stop with the fanservicing. I know comedy is good but its time for us to get more fights and plot progression. As you see the rating is dropping since we have these 2 fanservice episodes.
If next week is a fanservice episode, the show rating is going to drop further.
Time to get dark to boost the rating of the show
For example, like fighting against papa, death in one of the character, nine iota antagonising the squad 13 and eventually eliminating their plantation under command of papa. This will instill more interest in viewers
If plot progresses- no repetitive fights with klaxosaur with strelizia saving the day
Either strelizia lost and suffer severe injuries or one of the robots destroyed in the battlefield. That would be more unique for me to stay interested
Or using nier automata style where their plantation was destroyed by papa and they are forced to leave the ships wandering around with both klaxosaur and papa hunting them down.
Mar 6, 2018 1:35 AM

Dec 2012
Sossig said:
Omnisword said:
Kokoro will pregnant of Mitsuru child this cause uproar but then Mitsuru killed in battle left pregnant Kokoro with Fatbro however Kokoro then die of childbirth then Fatbro will raise Kokoro x Mitsuru child as his own child.

Looking for a copper, found a gold instead

Hmmm care to elaborate?
Mar 6, 2018 1:44 AM

Jun 2016
Omnisword said:
Kokoro will pregnant of Mitsuru child this cause uproar but then Mitsuru killed in battle left pregnant Kokoro with Fatbro however Kokoro then die of childbirth then Fatbro will raise Kokoro x Mitsuru child as his own child.

Interesting plot idea, please let this happen
Mar 6, 2018 5:29 AM
Mar 2018
The human with red skin in episode 1 is Zero two.
Mar 6, 2018 5:46 AM

Nov 2007
Gomlie said:

How can a human have red skin and fangs like that? That's gotta be a demon.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 6, 2018 8:11 AM

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
Gomlie said:

If you pause it you can see the "002" tag on her ankle...
Mar 6, 2018 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
MomoSinX said:
shanimebib said:

If you pause it you can see the "002" tag on her ankle...

002 or not, I was pointing out the fact that it cannot be a human.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 6, 2018 9:05 AM
Jan 2018
This is the most beautiful scene I've ever seen with the sunset!

It contains a lot of messages! 02 played with him and then open and teach a boy sexuality,
once on the roof he tells ad hiro if he finds her human, identifying himself in a fight!
who knows what he would have planned 02 if the girls had pulled her in the middle!
since 02 said he wanted to put pepper on the fire!
the chase scene was beautiful she was happy!
They repropose the ep 1 on the contrary he naked and she makes him laugh by throwing his underwear and giving him a pervert!
She was really sincere! He wanted hiro to see her human!

Then beautiful this scene that pretends to fall from the roof with a happy smile ..

to see if hiro should save it! If I challenge myself, he opens his arms as if he were one alone ... in fact he does not fly! I hope that does not indicate a Flag of death ..!
Then once she got to the ground, she smiled, she was happy that hiro was worried about her!

Then once back in the girls room she was probably happy for hiro!
The final scene was beautiful ... she gives his hand to him, because he was disoriented .. he tells hem something to tell him what she thinks every time, then tell him that he wants to know more about her! In return she tells him

"darling, hold on to me never give up".
Symbol, bird a mutual trust! and that when he is with him he can feel free of everything!
as he is falling in love with her slowly .., he understood that he must protect her!
and takes his hand
very beautifull!
Not so because I listened to manipulation theories!
Report me any writer error I read my message 3 time!
Mar 6, 2018 12:37 PM

Feb 2015
This show doesn't seem to have a plot, also these characters hit puberty two years ago.

Mar 6, 2018 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
Actually i think this was my favorite episode, we got to spend more time watching how the characters interact with each other and it felt great. After all, aside from 02 and Hiro, until now everyone of the main cast wasn't really interesting because the story didn't focus on them nor did they receive enough screen time. Futoshi still has this problem though, poor dude..,
Miku is now officialy best girl for me, and she and Zorome make the cutest pairing tbh. I NEED MORE FANARTS OF THEM
Mar 6, 2018 4:36 PM

Feb 2018
Honestly enjoyed this episode so much, I love how
the creators showed a cute and playful side of Zero Two and how shes not always serious
Mar 6, 2018 11:51 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was fun.

But, there's been one thing that's been bugging me since episode 1. Does no one remember Hiro's partner who died in the first episode? Was she not part of their friend group? It's like she never existed. No one even mentions her. And after realizing they're all gonna die someday this episode, it just kind of felt weird to me.

That aside ... give me some queer characters, queer characters *chants*
JotakakMar 6, 2018 11:58 PM
Mar 7, 2018 1:06 AM
Mar 2018
Jotakak said:
This episode was fun.

But, there's been one thing that's been bugging me since episode 1. Does no one remember Hiro's partner who died in the first episode? Was she not part of their friend group? It's like she never existed. No one even mentions her. And after realizing they're all gonna die someday this episode, it just kind of felt weird to me.

Hiros ex partner is not dead.
Mar 7, 2018 2:49 AM
Nov 2015
Jotakak said:
This episode was fun.

They mentioned her last episode tho?
Mar 7, 2018 3:29 AM

Sep 2016
Really enjoyed this episode. The shift from a serious to a more juvenile and dare I say "normal" approach was quite fun to watch. It gave the characters a more juvenile look and feel as these scenarios happen almost everytime in High School anime.

Meanwhile Miku and Zorome were really cute in this episode XD I like this ED so far. It was a but more cheerful than Torikago but I think I'll miss the latter until the former grows in on me. As for now,

I hope we get a few more episodes like this since it gives the characters more character if you know what I mean. Darling in the FranXX was suffering a bit in it's shallow characters but this episode did a 180. Can't wait for the next episode ^_^

P.S: Am I the only one who feels most of this week's episodes were focused on the lewd? Not like I'm complaining :P
Mar 7, 2018 1:03 PM
Oct 2013
firemagnet said:
Interesting and fun episode, but there were a number of items that simply don't make sense, and need to be fully explained:

1. Aren't the characters already technically in "puberty?" Their biological ages seem to be somewhere around 14 or 15.

2. Dr. Franxx, Hachi and Nana explicitly discuss the fact that--unlike the other pilot groups--plantation 13's current squad is faster to develop sexual awareness but hasn't received any education or programs regarding puberty. This begs the question of why they behave around each other as though they have been clearly educated on social norms regarding male/female contact and perceptions of sexuality. These are things they would know only if they were raised and educated among common society, which they were not; indeed Dr. Franxx suggests that they have been left largely to their own devices.

3. Miku's reaction to the photo of the original plant 13 franxx pilots is very strange; it doesn't make sense at all unless she somehow has a connection to them.

I agree with you on every point.

If these kids literally don't know what love, sex or attraction are, why exactly are they so concerned about nudity in front of the opposite gender? The girls seem to have no issue sharing a shower room amongst themselves, so it's clearly not nudity itself but the fact that the ones watching were boys that bothered them during the melting bodysuit scene. In fact, how would any of these kids even know what "leering" is? They literally had no idea what a kiss was a couple episodes ago. For characters who supposedly have no frame of reference regarding sexuality whatsoever, they sure easily recognised that there was a sexual aspect to the boys' reaction and immediately agreed that it was embarrassing.

The thing that made the least sense was that the characters seemed more concerned about the leering itself than about the fact that the bodysuit incident actually endangered their mission. The show keep telling us these kids literally consider fighting their reason to live and are ready to risk dying to complete their missions, yet even Ichigo - the leader directly responsible for their combat performance - seems angry at the fact that the boys see them in a sexual way, rather than at the fact that their reaction (on both sides) jeopardised their mission.

Miku's reaction to the photograph at the end is pretty strange too - the characters are perfectly aware that squads die fighting, and in fact they acknowledged they themselves might not come back from battle just a few episodes ago. They've literally been raised to fight, they should be well aware of the risks by now.

The setting of this show is interesting, but the more time we spend on the characters, the less they act like they've actually been living in this environment.
Mar 7, 2018 9:42 PM

Jan 2014
xenomorph555 said:
Jotakak said:
This episode was fun.

They mentioned her last episode tho?

The beach episode? I must have missed that. Do you know around what time/scene so I can look it up?
Mar 7, 2018 9:54 PM

Jan 2014
Gomlie said:
Jotakak said:
This episode was fun.

Hiros ex partner is not dead.

idk dude she looks pretty dead to me

Mar 7, 2018 10:08 PM

Dec 2016
The fact that it isn't even clear if a character is dead or not says a lot about the consistency of the storytelling in this series.
Mar 8, 2018 1:05 AM
Aug 2017
The secret which Zero two mentioned might be 'Ikuno's Gay'!
That will be fun.
Mar 8, 2018 10:04 AM
Jun 2014
Secretly I think Zero Two loves the group. She wants them all to stay alive for as long as possible hence the 'slice of life' episode being so important.

I've stayed away from the spoilers surrounding the 'adults' which seems more and more interesting whenever it's mentioned.
Mar 8, 2018 10:47 PM

May 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

Kokoro going all red when Futoshi mentioned she was the most beautiful thing he'd seen was absolutely adorable.

Too bad, Mitsuru is gonna cuck Futoshi hard and take Kokoro for himself and I'm gonna be laughing hard when that happens. This is just a theory btw but it's very much hinted, the showing is dropping hints so casually it's funny
Mar 9, 2018 2:07 PM

Aug 2017
Zero Two was funny in this episode lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 10, 2018 12:49 AM
Sep 2017
Filler/light fan service episode...lol atlest there were small plots that they give us.

Mar 10, 2018 12:08 PM

May 2017
Really good episode. We got some good character development, some good squad development, some good Zero Two antics, a random song with lyrics during the fight scene, some lore and world building and everyone got nekid. A little bit of everything. I'm glad that they were able to overcome their puberty phase in a civilized fashion. It would have been very easy/cliche for the writers to have a monster attack and them have to work together to overcome their quarrel. But instead they were able to work through it and talk it out.

Also this show might set a record for most possible ships in an anime.

Also also preferred Zero Two in the red jumpsuit
renyrellsMar 10, 2018 12:18 PM
Mar 10, 2018 4:22 PM
Oct 2017
the best episode so far but i vote it 1 star i thought this discussion about episode 9 i hate episode 9 so bad --
Mar 11, 2018 8:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Yes, more fanservice and the truth it was an episode but the guys take hold!!!
Mar 11, 2018 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
So the gals & dudes fight huh...
Zero Two is a bit mingling with humans which is the gals...
In the end they made-up.
3/5.

Mar 12, 2018 10:51 AM
Jan 2018
Well do anyone even think about the change in zero two's personality In episode 1 she was scary and dark and this episode all fun and joking. Can someone explain me
Mar 17, 2018 4:29 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty funny episode.

... where did they get all the stuff to throw while in the bath?...

Different ending again.
Mar 25, 2018 12:38 PM
Apr 2017
So they finally matured at the end of the episode and they fine out the last members of squad 13 died and their rooms were hidden. So, nobody can get traumatized.
Mar 25, 2018 5:16 PM

Aug 2016
Enjoyed this episode. Wasn't so serious like the previous episode but kinda weird to see a non- serious episode after another one.

Set by SenpieX
Mar 25, 2018 11:14 PM

Jan 2013
ohhhh they saw 2 caves at the beginning! lucky
Mar 29, 2018 12:03 AM
Nov 2016
I don't know what to feel about this new drama-laden direction the show has taken. I mean, in a mecha anime, there needs to be more of action. There hasn't even been decent build up to an upcoming fight or anything.

We aren't even a little bit closer to understanding more about the world that they live in. This show needs to return to explaining the mysteries of the world and kick-ass fights.
Apr 3, 2018 12:01 PM

Nov 2010
How can they be so horny if they are completely oblivious about sexual stuff..?
Apr 9, 2018 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
I don't think I will ever like these slice of life drama elements in this show. I mean yeah they're not boring at the very least but I just don't like it. I want them to focus more on something different. Like that fight right at the beginning of the episode with that awesome ost. "Get your hands up" yeah gets your blood pumping.
Apr 24, 2018 3:44 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Been a long time since I seen Darling, so much to catch up too~~
Such an enjoyable episode, that fanservice at the beggining got me laughing good, the theme of the episode is nothing new, but again, the studio is managing to deliver really good content IMO due to the execution.
What a sweet episode.
Apr 24, 2018 11:37 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was boring, kind of like a filler.

The best part of the entire episode was when 02 told everyone that they're going to die. I hope her prediction comes true.
臭い-
Apr 25, 2018 4:20 AM

Apr 2015
Man this ep got me triggered. I mean, Miku is cute and all but she definitely can be annoying. So much fan service it's almost unwatchable.
May 2, 2018 5:18 AM

Mar 2016
The monster keeps getting weird every episode, also the hip hop bgm feels out of place. At least there's still fanservice which is nice.

I really like Miku the most, she always cute no matter what she does. Zorome you lucky bastard
kikiabdullMay 2, 2018 5:33 AM
May 9, 2018 9:19 PM

Apr 2014
This is one of my favorite episodes honestly. Comes from simple drama. But eventually comes to a mutual understanding. Though it is funny that they hit puberty. XD
May 12, 2018 7:49 AM

Apr 2012
So they just taped " do not enter" on the used rooms why.

Shouldnt it be better to just dump all the personal belonging of the old team in the trash and have the new team occupy the rooms? What were they planning to do when this team bites it, build a 3rd floor?

That aside this was a fun episode.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Aug 8, 2018 9:42 PM

May 2012
Puberty really hit hard for these boys and girls, quite funny how Zero Two reacted and boosted everyone, I really do love her character in general! She does know a whole lot more that actually going on than what they've been told.

So it's funny to see where this is going but character development wise it's pretty nice and interesting! Especially that ending was quite impressive. Looking forwards to see what's next!
Sep 25, 2018 1:42 PM

Mar 2010
Well i'm dropping it at episode 8. Don't like any of the characters and the past two episode I just watched felt like filler.(beach episode and boy vs girl) Fillers in a 24 episode and non SOL series..WOW.
Hearing that the last few episode is also trash and being bored in the 8 episodes I watched.

I'm not interested in the rest of the series
Sep 30, 2018 10:54 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
This episode was actually enjoyable, though I see not much correlation this boys vs girls kind of thing has on the world of Darling in the Franxx except for a more in-depth character, from the boys entering the girls while they were still bathing to Hiro chasing Zero 2... It was fun nevertheless.

There are some good roasts in this episode, my favorite being; "What we do in our territory is none of your damn business!" That was quite badass!
Dec 23, 2018 9:31 PM

Jun 2015
enjoyable episode, but i dont have any idea how this was suppose to connect to the main storyline. probably was just a filler episode??
Apr 18, 2020 8:28 AM

Apr 2013
The girls were acting really stupid except for 02 and Kokoro. I actually pitied Miku for having to pilot with such an idiot, but she's apparently even worse.
May 5, 2020 4:15 AM

Feb 2018
Miku got trolled, lol.
Jun 2, 2020 6:13 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This episode and the previous one proved to me that even if you took the fighting out of this Anie it will still be fun. I hope it doesn't fall off.
Jul 3, 2020 10:22 AM

Feb 2020
I didn't really like this episode... It was pretty weak and the message was way too forced, especially given the ridiculous source of the conflict.
And wow, I always found Miku a bit annoying but now it's not just a bit, I can't stand her even though she can be a little bit funny at times. She's just way too much into her tsundere attitude for me, especially since there doesn't seem to be any real reason for her to be like that I can understand that most of it is just her nature (as annoying as it is), but going as far as running away and isolating herself because the girls decided to make peace with the boys is way too much, is this girl 3 years old or what ?
I must admit I did like to see her more, wouldn't say "dere" but at least sensitive side at the end. I hope we'll get to see more of it.
And well, if I still had any doubt about the show being about puberty, this episode totally erased them. It once again gave me some FLCL vibes with the thematic of course but also the characters' cartoony expressions and Zero Two sometimes behaving a bit like Haruko.
Speaking of Zero Two, I really liked her in this episode, it's nice to see more sides of her, she's starting to get some interesting development and I like that.
Now, we learned that the previous team pretty much died... Well, I hope the one we follow will be able to change that. I'm not really attached to them but it still would be sad to see all of them die.
FafetteJul 3, 2020 10:26 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.