Paddy600 said:
irzie said:

2nd place weekly in Japan.

Is this some kind of App you are using?

No, is not apps.

https://anime.dmkt-sp.jp/animestore/CR/CR00000013_001
Oct 7, 2019 2:32 PM

May 2018
The only thing I liked to see in s1 is Hajime's classmates reaction.

Oct 7, 2019 2:38 PM

Oct 2018
Even though the show receives a lot of hate in general, I enjoyed it. But that's mainly because I'm a sucker for stories and I mind all the rest.

I'm glad there's a second season, I knew there was more material to use but the overall bad image gave me a feeling they would give up on season 2.

Too bad tho that the anime isn't in a good light, but I still hope people pick up the light novels or at least the manga despite their initial view on Arifureta.

Oct 7, 2019 2:50 PM

Jun 2014
I mean I like the generic story but what are u kidding me this cant be true
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2019 3:20 PM

Mar 2014
You gotta be kidding me?

Only Edgelords would want more of this overrated crap. I'm baffled by this.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 7, 2019 3:33 PM

May 2015
HueyLion said:
You gotta be kidding me?

Haven't you ever watched something so unbelievably bad its entertaining? I cant wait for season 2, just praying its as comicaly awful as this season was
Oct 7, 2019 3:42 PM
Jul 2019
Wish it would be had a 2nd season, cuz i very very hyped by this anime. The story was great. I dont care about the grafic, #2020secondseason.
Oct 7, 2019 4:19 PM
Sep 2018
This was one of those trashy guilty pleasure shows for me, I love the Isekai genre so I'll watch the 2nd season. I was surprised when I heard it was getting a 2nd season though
Oct 7, 2019 4:19 PM
Sep 2018
This was one of those trashy guilty pleasure shows for me, I love the Isekai genre so I'll watch the 2nd season. I was surprised when I heard it was getting a 2nd season though
Oct 7, 2019 4:21 PM
Sep 2018
Oct 7, 2019 4:23 PM
Jul 2016
irzie said:

2nd place weekly in Japan.

i want the link of that website please
todd2580Oct 7, 2019 4:27 PM
Oct 7, 2019 4:25 PM
Jul 2016
Ryuseishun said:
So this piece of dumpster unit gets a 2nd season, but the likes of far superior isekai like No Game No Life, Nobunaga Yabou, and Mondaji don’t get one?

*deep inhale*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

lmao Madhouse aren't even in a good state to do another season they're overbooked by 2 4 cour shows and 2 cour show divided to 2 parts
Oct 7, 2019 4:25 PM

Jun 2012
todd2580 said:
i want the links of that website please

on the previous page
Oct 7, 2019 4:45 PM
Nov 2018
WaterLord said:
It seems we'll be getting more of this. I'm currently starting the anime, and it looks really bad, i have to read the novel, i'm kind of a sucker for this type of story tbh.

https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1181156349406658560

Oh, you're gonna love it. Just wait until he defeats the dragon and tries to extract information from it. The battle and the end of the scene are the purest form of aesthetics and storytelling.
Oct 7, 2019 4:51 PM
Nov 2018
Now you just made me really depressed, thinking about those shows.

Or A Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, which I enjoyed not the least because of the unusual graphics, which made the show look like a painting.

Hey, at least we got 25 episodes of Shield Hero, right?

Ryuseishun said:
So this piece of dumpster unit gets a 2nd season, but the likes of far superior isekai like No Game No Life, Nobunaga Yabou, and Mondaji don’t get one?

*deep inhale*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Oct 7, 2019 4:54 PM
Nov 2018
billybub said:
HueyLion said:
You gotta be kidding me?

Haven't you ever watched something so unbelievably bad its entertaining? I cant wait for season 2, just praying its as comicaly awful as this season was

We have stuck by it all this time, and we'll keep watching - but I don't think it's because "it's so bad it's good" - I don't think that really exists. I think instead it's because we like the concept. We just don't like how it's carried out. That's always my answer when people ask "why do you keep watching if you don't like it?" I like the concept.
Oct 7, 2019 5:30 PM

May 2015
Hegar said:
billybub said:

We have stuck by it all this time, and we'll keep watching - but I don't think it's because "it's so bad it's good" - I don't think that really exists. I think instead it's because we like the concept. We just don't like how it's carried out. That's always my answer when people ask "why do you keep watching if you don't like it?" I like the concept.

Nope for me its definitely so bad its good, kinda like Killing Bites. Now if this were to take itself seriously it would definitely be an egdelords wet dream, so lets just hope the poor production values and general awfulness continues
Oct 7, 2019 6:24 PM

Mar 2014
"I hope this will be as hilariously bad, as the first." you got me LMAO.
Oct 7, 2019 6:40 PM
Sep 2017
Can't believe that this sh*t have a second season.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhckuhUxcgA
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2019 8:01 PM

Apr 2009
Not that surprising. It came out right after Tate no Yuusha. Shittiest monsters ever but I am a sucker for this kind of story where people drop their jaws often.

Oct 7, 2019 8:43 PM
Mar 2011
Not really surprised that it was renewed since the LN and manga are popular and Japan's obsession with lolis. The last episode was just so edgy so I hope they cut back on the edge for season 2.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Oct 7, 2019 9:29 PM
Feb 2009
hypeee didn't expect a fast 2nd announcement
Oct 7, 2019 9:31 PM

Jun 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
Apparently...

Certainly didn't see this coming. Maybe I ought to give it a shot nonetheless despite correctly predicting that this would pretty much flop for the a large portion of the Community earlier in advance.
Plzzzz don't watch it. I finished it today and it's one of the most god awful anime I've ever seen. There are no redeeming qualities about it. From the animation to the art to the sound to the story to the characters, it's all a big mess. 1/10. Will NOT be watching the season season.
Read Toriko!
Oct 7, 2019 9:34 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
phantom346 said:
Plzzzz don't watch it. I finished it today and it's one of the most god awful anime I've ever seen. There are no redeeming qualities about it. From the animation to the art to the sound to the story to the characters, it's all a big mess. 1/10. Will NOT be watching the season season.

Yikes, was it seriously that terrible?

I'll keep this in mind, thanks!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 7, 2019 10:43 PM

Dec 2013
Too many beta kids from China self inserting to become a badass like the MC.
No wonder why this show is popular over there.

Now I get another season to shit on. :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 7, 2019 11:05 PM

Oct 2017
So it's true Japan has shit taste :)
Oct 7, 2019 11:06 PM

Oct 2017
DatRandomDude said:
''This ended up being one of the top-recorded late night anime in Japan this season, and it was among the top shows on international streaming platforms too. In spite of all the complaints, it was a hit.''

https://twitter.com/frog_kun/status/1181168729117229056

Thats what you get when too much people hate watch something.

Further proven that the anime community are hopeless this generation.
Not surprised though cuz the West love that shitty edgy Shield Hero too which is only marginally better but not much.
Ventus_SOct 7, 2019 11:10 PM
Oct 7, 2019 11:08 PM

Jul 2016
Snapshot426 said:
I am both happy and annoyed because I am like

"Horray, I get to watch more of this s**tshow."

but I am also like

"Oh my god, are we really getting more of this s**tshow?"

I had 0 hope of a 2nd season but i was hoping for it as a WN reader, but as soon as i saw the 2nd season announcement my reaction was literally the same.

Hopefully they improve the animation, but even if they do i would probably enjoy this train wreck of an adaptation.
Oct 7, 2019 11:09 PM

Oct 2017
L-Ryoshi said:
Too many beta kids from China self inserting to become a badass like the MC.
No wonder why this show is popular over there.

Now I get another season to shit on. :P

??? China actually hate this show more than the West.
Only Japan give a damn to it.
Oct 7, 2019 11:48 PM
Oct 2019
Ventus_S said:
DatRandomDude said:
''This ended up being one of the top-recorded late night anime in Japan this season, and it was among the top shows on international streaming platforms too. In spite of all the complaints, it was a hit.''

https://twitter.com/frog_kun/status/1181168729117229056

Thats what you get when too much people hate watch something.

Not surprised though cuz the West love that shitty edgy Shield Hero too which is only marginally better but not much.

The quality of anime adaptation of Shield Hero is much better than of Arifureta. In this sense, one shouldn't compare these two.

I don't believe Japanese likes this shitty anime. Have to wait until next month when we will see the sales of BD.
Oct 8, 2019 12:09 AM

Jul 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
phantom346 said:

Yikes, was it seriously that terrible?

I'll keep this in mind, thanks!

Well its not like its THAT bad. Not saying it a good adaptation at all, compared to the source it really let a lot to wish for, animation and pacing of the story is god awful at points, but it still keep the main plot points of the original story intact so if you're interested in this kind of shows, you should at least give a chance to the story, even if the anime dont deserve a chance, at least the other soruces do (Manga/ LN/ WN).

Definetly not a masterpiece at all, but it got me interested enough to start the web novel, ending in just another show i enjoy, DEFINETLY not because of the animation
Oct 8, 2019 12:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
skijo570 said:
Well its not like its THAT bad. Not saying it a good adaptation at all, compared to the source it really let a lot to wish for, animation and pacing of the story is god awful at points, but it still keep the main plot points of the original story intact so if you're interested in this kind of shows, you should at least give a chance to the story, even if the anime dont deserve a chance, at least the other soruces do (Manga/ LN/ WN).

Definetly not a masterpiece at all, but it got me interested enough to start the web novel, ending in just another show i enjoy, DEFINETLY not because of the animation

Ah, thanks for brief rundown!

Oct 8, 2019 12:16 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Aqua_thegoddess said:
Ventus_S said:

The quality of anime adaptation of Shield Hero is much better than of Arifureta. In this sense, one shouldn't compare these two.

I don't believe Japanese likes this shitty anime. Have to wait until next month when we will see the sales of BD.

Yes, at least quite a few Japanese themselves were enjoying this.

https://twitter.com/frog_kun/status/1181168729117229056?s=20

Add to that the profits from streaming services internationally, especially Bilibili of China, and it's a success for the Production Committee all round.

Oct 8, 2019 12:31 AM

Feb 2011
This show was good. Idk why everyone hates on it so much.

Oct 8, 2019 12:50 AM

Jul 2014
A second chance to fuck up, or to do a better job. I don't know which one will be better for the show.
Oct 8, 2019 1:27 AM

Jan 2019
Heh heh, I might decide to pick this up again and binge the entire thing.
I'm one for masochism sometimes.
Oct 8, 2019 1:52 AM
May 2019
Considering that 1st season was a flop who is even going to care about the 2nd.
Oct 8, 2019 2:08 AM

Jun 2019
Garbage getting a second season.
Why?
Oct 8, 2019 2:45 AM
Oct 2012
well, not really a surprise there. don't forget that this thing has huge webnovel reader fanbase worldwide, since it is finished years ago. Even in english (fanstranslated).
Oct 8, 2019 5:21 AM

Apr 2019
im crying at the amount of people with shittaste
i mean taste is debateable

but not here
not this time

this is sad
You son of a .. turtle

Oct 8, 2019 7:29 AM

Oct 2017
Itsuwa_ said:
Why?

Because this generation of youth are degenerates and anime community is going downhill.
Miyazaki was right all along. (This makes me even sadder because back in the day really only well constructed anime would get this much credit, not anymore in this generation)
Oct 8, 2019 8:10 AM
Oct 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:
Aqua_thegoddess said:

Yes, at least quite a few Japanese themselves were enjoying this.

https://twitter.com/frog_kun/status/1181168729117229056?s=20

Add to that the profits from streaming services internationally, especially Bilibili of China, and it's a success for the Production Committee all round.

You can always find people enjoying shitty show, even the worst of the season Isekai Cheat Magician.

I don't understand the argument about international streaming. Remember nowadays almost all the animes can be watched on these platforms like Bilibili/Niconico/Crunchyroll. The price of being authorized to stream an anime is determined before it is on air (regardless of the number of viewers). Until further detail of this business decision releases, I don't think this is the most important factor.

Oct 8, 2019 8:18 AM
Oct 2019
Ventus_S said:
Itsuwa_ said:
Why?

Because this generation of youth are degenerates and anime community is going downhill.
Miyazaki was right all along. (This makes me even sadder because back in the day really only well constructed anime would get this much credit, not anymore in this generation)

I don't think blaming an generation is the right thing to do (the issue mostly stems from anime industry itself). I still remember the time when I didn't understand why people hated Mahou Sensou. Time will tell which shows will be remembered as good shows.
Oct 8, 2019 8:34 AM

Aug 2012
It may be garbage but I sure as hell liked it. It prompted me to check out the original work and bottomline is, that's the main purpose of works getting anime adaptations anyway (to increase sales). I can't even begin to understand how people can keep on watching adaptations they clearly hate and go on to complain about each and every episode till the very last one. If you don't like it then just move on, you already know what happened in the story anyway since you're comparing it to the original work. People are now even going as far as to criticize others who like this kind of anime. News flash, the companies who make these are businesses. They will produce whatever will make them the most money. If the majority of their target market like a certain type of anime or adaptation then that's what those companies will make regardless of some people finding it shitty. If you don't like it then that's just the way it is. No amount of bashing will change the minds of those companies if it's clearly making them money.
Oct 8, 2019 8:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Aqua_thegoddess said:
You can always find people enjoying shitty show, even the worst of the season Isekai Cheat Magician.

Somehow, this managed to top many of the “less shittier” shows even then in terms of popularity, profits and more. It’s possible that they’d planned to make a Season 2 from the start also but that’s never set in stone until the reception from the fans is determined.

Aqua_thegoddess said:
I don't understand the argument about international streaming. Remember nowadays almost all the animes can be watched on these platforms like Bilibili/Niconico/Crunchyroll. The price of being authorized to stream an anime is determined before it is on air (regardless of the number of viewers). Until further detail of this business decision releases, I don't think this is the most important factor.

There are many ways to make money starting from advertisement revenues to selling merch even during the run and etc. I’m not expert in this though so I’ll just leave it there. Living in China myself, I can assure you that the merch and streaming business here is bustling crazy and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re head-to-head with the Japanese fan base here.

Oct 8, 2019 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
So bad its good lol
Oct 8, 2019 11:52 AM

Apr 2013
big hypes for 2nd season.
Oct 8, 2019 12:52 PM
Sep 2016
I love Isekai.
I read almost every day some isekai or similar ones.
I eat isekai.

BUT!

I am very disappointed in this.
And I loved the manga and novel.
but this adaptation....just no.
Oct 8, 2019 4:56 PM

Mar 2014
We do live in a society...

Mad world, this is.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Oct 8, 2019 9:50 PM

Mar 2008
I just don't get it. I mean if this was a good adaptation it wouldn't shock me. This isn't the greatest isekai ever, but it had the potential to be good. But the rushed story, horrible visuals, chopped up story arcs, and poor representation of the source material just made it unpleasant to watch. It was a trainwreck and yet it still gets another season?

Can't even be optimistic about it. They were somehow rewarded for doing a bad job. Why expect a second season to be any better than what we got here?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

174 by BigBoyAdvance »»
May 25, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2019

189 by victorjonas »»
May 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

104 by Teemplario »»
May 6, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

108 by Teemplario »»
May 6, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2019

160 by Teemplario »»
May 6, 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.