Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 28, 2019 1:50 PM

Aug 2017
Well, we saw all characters from all arcs including fillers.

More Acnologia's backstory but, at this point, I don't care. It must have been put everything in episode 49, not in 2 different episodes. Who directed this? I think Acnologia's past could had been shown in more than just two episodes. What a shitty unconvincing backstory.

NurguburuSep 28, 2019 2:00 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 28, 2019 10:05 PM
Jan 2018
Ya so ummm....
This series has gone from amazing to utter trash. So somehow Meldy get back to Edolas, "connected" ALL of it's residents with magical bands so they their magic would be used to power Fairy Sphere.

Exccccept there are major problems with this.
1. No one from Earth Land can access Edolas. Like that's the shows own lore stating that. The portals and connections between the two worlds were completely severed during the season that involved Edolas.

2. Literally NO ONE in Edolas has magic. They didn't before and had to use items infused with it and when the two world were cut off from the other entirely all magic was lost. All of it.

As a person who's been watching this show from the very start this entire last season has been a utter mess. Poor animation and art compared to past seasons. Bland and boring characters with no redeeming factors are allowed to live but ones that are deep and fascinating are killed off (something the show itself did the complete opposite of previously), and the story is completely insulting to the audience with how much use of Deus Ex Machina is going on here.

Did it have those in the past? Yes it had plenty of plot devices but here's the difference:

They made sense.

We were giving information or knowledge to believe such plot devices. They were written in to be believable within the world of Fairy Tail. And most of all, they didn't completely and utterly contradict the series own story and lore.

God this season has been a shit show, which pains me to say but it has been.

My review that goes into it better then I can here:
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=318629
Sep 29, 2019 12:36 PM
Mar 2018
It looks like the anime is providing a better finishing touch than what the manga gave us. Like eliminating the over exaggerated usage of the word 'friend' and too much iteration of 'friendship' and not letting it be the ultimate solution to Natsu's strength like in the manga. Plus in fairy sphere (the spirit bomb version of fairy tail) even the filler characters were shown providing their magic powers . That was really good and nostalgic although I couldn't most of them.
Although the downfall of the series cannot be neglected. Major portion of it goes to the source material. THe anime tried its best to push it up but failed. And the anime couldn't lift up the fallen spirits of it's former glory.
Oct 10, 2019 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
More backstory.
He hates Acnologia.
Dat girl. Dat cloth. Its....
Juvia oppai.
Lucy oppai.
Iku zo!
Oh snap! No still images.
Wendy is transferring their power into Natsu.
The power of 7 fire dragons?
The waifu Charle is back.
Meldy. Dat oppai.
Juvia oppai.
Flare!
Hisui.
Ultear.
She's cute.
The Jiggle butt gang.
Dem 2 bitches from the road.
Invel is still on the ground?
How'd Ajeel reach the desert so quickly?
The waifu Charle.
Acnologia has gone berserk.
Dat ending.

They showed all the filler characters.

This is it. Final episode.

1 1/2 chapters. They didn't show Lucy pantsu when she was descending to the port. In case you thought it was anime original, Acnologia does mention the girl in the manga and it shows the same frame. They didn't show Lucy pantsu wear when using Fairy Sphere and when she drops to her knees.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 14, 2019 8:36 PM
Oct 2017
This episode was one of the best episodes in the final season by far. It has a ton of things going on and every character is involved. I got hyped when Natsu and the others all fought Acnologia together. It was also very nostalgic when Meredy connected everyones magic power and it showed characters from all of the Fairy Tail arcs. Only 1 episode to go and i'm looking forward to it!
My Candies:
Oct 14, 2019 8:58 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was actually pretty good. Using fairy sphere to trap Acnologia on a ship like that is actually decent strategy for once. Plus it looked pretty cool and the nostalgia trip showing all the past characters was pretty awesome. I do have some good memories of early FT before it went to shit after all.
Oct 19, 2019 8:47 AM

Jul 2009
It was touching to see everyone trying her best and mixing their power to save the world!
Oct 20, 2019 5:07 PM

Jan 2019
It's interesting that for a series that talks (and shouts) at length about the power of friendship, they have only very rarely had battles where it was two or more members of Fairy Tail working together in the same fight. Instead of trying to compliment each others' strengths, they usually just separate for their own one-on-one fights, which in some respects makes a lot of the series seem ironic. So it was nice to see one of the rare cooperative battles with everyone working together.
Dec 28, 2019 4:20 AM

Dec 2013
Some decent animation in this episode but I wish they actually did some damage before this final attack.

So many characters! I couldn't actually remember a lot of them but it was still cool to see so many characters.
May 11, 2020 5:54 AM

Apr 2014
So that was the best the four saints could do.
Biggest disappointment.
Great episode.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
May 26, 2020 10:46 PM
Oct 2018
Phasferous said:
Ya so ummm....
This series has gone from amazing to utter trash. So somehow Meldy get back to Edolas, "connected" ALL of it's residents with magical bands so they their magic would be used to power Fairy Sphere.

1. No one from Earth Land can access Edolas. Like that's the shows own lore stating that. The portals and connections between the two worlds were completely severed during the season that involved Edolas.

2. Literally NO ONE in Edolas has magic. They didn't before and had to use items infused with it and when the two world were cut off from the other entirely all magic was lost. All of it.

As a person who's been watching this show from the very start this entire last season has been a utter mess. Poor animation and art compared to past seasons. Bland and boring characters with no redeeming factors are allowed to live but ones that are deep and fascinating are killed off (something the show itself did the complete opposite of previously), and the story is completely insulting to the audience with how much use of Deus Ex Machina is going on here.

Did it have those in the past? Yes it had plenty of plot devices but here's the difference:

They made sense.

We were giving information or knowledge to believe such plot devices. They were written in to be believable within the world of Fairy Tail. And most of all, they didn't completely and utterly contradict the series own story and lore.

Not sure what your on about but those edolas characters are the earthland version from the key of the starry heavens arc
May 29, 2020 7:10 AM
Jan 2018
Khal_Russ said:
Phasferous said:
Ya so ummm....

They made sense.

Not sure what your on about but those edolas characters are the earthland version from the key of the starry heavens arc

*Looks at the calendar and then at the post that was quoted*

Bit late there on the reply bub?

But I will indulge your shit post. No, they are not. I would recommend you rewatch what I am referring to and pay close attention to it. Then come back and try to revive a dead post. Might do you some good. ;)
May 29, 2020 7:32 AM
Oct 2018
Phasferous said:
Khal_Russ said:

*Looks at the calendar and then at the post that was quoted*

Bit late there on the reply bub?

But I will indulge your shit post. No, they are not. I would recommend you rewatch what I am referring to and pay close attention to it. Then come back and try to revive a dead post. Might do you some good. ;)

I don't care how long it is. Just don't spread false info on the series. They are no Edolas characters in there except for the exceeds. if u so called paid attention. Tell me who ur referring to.
Even if it was Edolas characters u so happen to saw then they weren't in the Manga. That's an anime original
Jul 18, 2020 4:04 AM

Jul 2015
Awesome to see all Fairy Tail characters doing the 'Spirit bomb' to defeat Acnologia
One of the first anime I've watched, started around 2012 and still can't believe next episode will be the last (unless they will also adapt Fairy Tail: 100 year quest)

Sep 5, 2020 11:26 AM

May 2018
Wow even the filler characters were shown giving their magic power away

You know it's bad when even Natsu pities his enemy lol
May 29, 2021 11:59 PM

Oct 2013
The most nakama powerup shounen in 20 years is gonna conclude its climactic final boss with the most nakama powerup skill in Fairy Tail history, can't say I'm surprised.

BTW how are Juvia's tits not falling out of her broken top?
ZadionMay 30, 2021 2:10 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 9, 2021 11:20 AM
Aug 2013
Phasferous said:
Ya so ummm....

They made sense.

Though I won't comment on the drawbacks you mentioned because I agree with many of them and I'm fully aware of the plot holes and Dues- Ex Machina in this anime.
But I just find it so hilarious that you're soooo pissed off at that one small tiny frame where they show 'Edolas' characters. Didn't it occur to you at that time they were actually showing ALL the characters that were ever introduced in Fairy tail? My guess is that they just ‘included’ those Edolas cats for the sake of nostalgia. They are shown but I take it that those Edolas cats are just watching them from somewhere or something and support them. That's all.

You keep mentioning the Edolas thing in your Fairy tail review like it's such a HUGE thing to be talked and hated about. There are so many weakness and plot holes in Fairy Tail to talk about but you just keep ranting about Edolas thing like it was the main focus of the story when in reality, that scene was like a side of the side character. Non-existent.

It doesn't matter. No one batted an eye about it because it wasn't meant to contribute to the main plot. It's hilarious that you were majorly pissed about such a teeny tiny thing and not other things lol. That was hardly noticeable.
Mar 15, 2022 6:00 AM
Sep 2020
5/5 ,all dragon slayers coming together🔥🔥🔥
Mar 15, 2022 6:02 AM
Sep 2020
Shaily said:
Phasferous said:
Ya so ummm....

They made sense.

Though I won't comment on the drawbacks you mentioned because I agree with many of them and I'm fully aware of the plot holes and Dues- Ex Machina in this anime.
But I just find it so hilarious that you're soooo pissed off at that one small tiny frame where they show 'Edolas' characters. Didn't it occur to you at that time they were actually showing ALL the characters that were ever introduced in Fairy tail? My guess is that they just ‘included’ those Edolas cats for the sake of nostalgia. They are shown but I take it that those Edolas cats are just watching them from somewhere or something and support them. That's all.

You keep mentioning the Edolas thing in your Fairy tail review like it's such a HUGE thing to be talked and hated about. There are so many weakness and plot holes in Fairy Tail to talk about but you just keep ranting about Edolas thing like it was the main focus of the story when in reality, that scene was like a side of the side character. Non-existent.

It doesn't matter. No one batted an eye about it because it wasn't meant to contribute to the main plot. It's hilarious that you were majorly pissed about such a teeny tiny thing and not other things lol. That was hardly noticeable.

Acnologia's backstory was trash but showing all charcters from different timeline ,era and arcs was just too epic 🔥
Sep 26, 2022 3:24 PM

Oct 2016
Humanity and the entire world of magic united for just a single moment to eradicate the world's darkness.

Now, that is amazing.

On a side note, even though Acnologia shed so much blood, I still pity the guy.
Oct 2, 2022 3:25 AM

May 2020
It's Fairy tail.. you just can't help but close your eyes and take in everything they're shoving right up on your face.

Somehow Natsu got an ultra-powerup, Meldy "connected" everyone throughout the continent and that in result gave birth to the strongest ever nakama powerup.. yeah should've seen this coming.

For all those insults and everything I wrote for the last 327 episodes, can't help but get a bit emotional thinking next episode really is the last of fairy tail.
Oct 22, 2022 7:55 PM

Aug 2019
Acnologia's backstory could have been expanded upon. They could've gone into greater detail about his reasons for hating dragons. The backstory they gave us was extremely vague.
Apr 19, 2023 6:16 AM

Nov 2010
Seeing the armpits of cute girls is always a delight!
20:15 Even the booty trio from Rave made a cameo.
The fires of LGBTQIA+ will destroy everything!
Jul 22, 5:50 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
the best ep in a while
nice touch adding the filler characters and latest villains
liked the original anime combat scenes for acnologia fight
Aug 12, 9:44 AM

Jan 2016
Next is the last episode, and we may never know if Fairies have tails...

Acnologia so cringe. It would make more sense if he actually just genocided dragons and evil people... That girl wasn't even dead and you plan on kill far more than them.
Natsu I think realizes that Acnologia wants to stop, but can't, the darkness and blood.

Spirit bomb... but instead of a bomb of energy, it's a spherical barrier of energy... of friendship... of primordial magic... of MAJOR BONK!!

Everyone is a fire dragon to Natsu

Oct 15, 3:47 AM
Jul 2023
power of freindship bullshit
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

209 by 1spartan106 »»
Oct 4, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 44 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

47 by 1spartan106 »»
Oct 4, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2019

65 by 1spartan106 »»
Oct 4, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

78 by 1spartan106 »»
Oct 4, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 36 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

47 by 1spartan106 »»
Oct 4, 2:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.