Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2019 1:37 AM

Jul 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Emma returns and the situation with Hayato seem to have been solved pretty easily.

Jul 26, 2019 2:42 AM

Dec 2013
Nice timing for those spasm attacks. Not that they were going to win anyway.

Emma telling Ray that she'll tell him later screams death flags.
Jul 26, 2019 3:28 AM

Mar 2016
Musica is an angel of a demon!

Emma putting off the explanation definitely means it’s a huge price for her to pay personally that she doesn’t want to burden others with right now. We may very well be headed toward a bittersweet ending.
Jul 26, 2019 3:50 AM

Mar 2015
it's final showdown.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 26, 2019 4:08 AM

Sep 2014
So, is Norman going to end up being the series' main antagonist at the end? That's what I'm getting given that he lied. Emma is certainly going to have a big price to pay for her wish.
Jul 26, 2019 4:19 AM
Mar 2019
I don’t think the ending is going to be happy... Especially after what Emma said and also Musica is not a demon... She is an Angel!!! Also also Sungjoo is a fudging badarse!!!
FanBoii
Jul 26, 2019 4:25 AM

Nov 2008
This is so stupid. Those spasms happened just in time. I hate all this propaganda, that Emma is right and demons are good. Norman is right, he is not a Hitler, he the one, that not forgot about demons eating people for living and raising human cattle for eating. There is no way to be friends with something, that have intellect only when they eat you. All characters that 'good' in this manga, actually is man-eaters!
Where were you, when everything was falling apart?
Jul 26, 2019 8:46 AM

Apr 2018
Hopefully they could convince Norman to not resort to killing. The reward is still not mentioned hmmm
Jul 26, 2019 8:52 AM
Mar 2015
Everyone is converging on the royal capital
Jul 26, 2019 11:13 AM

Jul 2013
whoa sis, come on, tell ray what the price was

Jul 26, 2019 11:46 AM
May 2019
I can't believe that Ray went from "don't trust anyone, not even yourself" to "okay, my friend commited a deal with some immortal demon god, who asked for a great reward, but she refuses to tell about reward, so eh, whatever"
Jul 26, 2019 1:57 PM

Nov 2008
All hail Emma, the new demon queen.
Where were you, when everything was falling apart?
Jul 26, 2019 3:22 PM

Jun 2015
The reward will be revealed near the end perhaps?
Jul 26, 2019 7:10 PM

Feb 2016
At first I was somewhat happy to see that Norman lived, but after these later chapters I wish he would just stay dead.

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 26, 2019 7:19 PM

Sep 2018
driveshaft said:
This is so stupid. Those spasms happened just in time. I hate all this propaganda, that Emma is right and demons are good. Norman is right, he is not a Hitler, he the one, that not forgot about demons eating people for living and raising human cattle for eating. There is no way to be friends with something, that have intellect only when they eat you. All characters that 'good' in this manga, actually is man-eaters!

This kind of cynical pragmatism and lack of faith in the common good of others to work together is exactly the kind of defeatist attitude this series is made to specifically refute, actually. Sure, Norman has noble intent, but regardless of that he's lying to carry out genocide. That's not the actions of a truly noble person, it's someone who's compromised their own morality in exchange for the easy way out that seems more properly guaranteed to succeed. Emma is an optimist, but she's not stupid, she knows full well that her plan could fail, but she refuses to stop trying for the best possible outcome because she knows if she gives up on doing it the right way, like Norman is currently doing, she'll regret it forever.

And we've seen people doubt her time and again. Norman and Ray both in the escape arc when she insisted they bring everyone along, Yuugo during the fight with Lewis, and even a lot of readers since day one of this manga. And what's the common thread tying all of these things together, over and over? Emma proving them wrong. Norman and Ray argue it's more realistic to take a handful of children, but Emma refuses to leave anyone behind. She's called out for being "too naive" for this by both of them, and yet she proves them wrong. Why? Because she doesn't treat them as dead weight or extra baggage to account for. She treats them as allies who she can communicate her ideas and feelings to, who will fight with her for their mutual cause. What would they have accomplished by this point if they had simply gone "hurr durr, demons bad" and tried to kill Son-ju and Musica the first time they met? Probably not much of anything aside from maybe getting killed.

How anyone could make it this far into this manga and not understand that core principle at the center of its themes that makes it and Emma as a character shine baffles me.

Also, of note, your argument doesn't really hold water factually considering Musica's blood. Which is already said to let her maintain human form without consuming a human to accomplish that, and anyone who receives her blood can obtain the same ability. That's kind of the whole point Emma has been trying to make about Musica's potential involvement in all of this.
Jul 28, 2019 6:02 AM

Feb 2018
Yikes Norman a big liar

Curious as to what Emma will give in return for the promise
Jul 28, 2019 8:31 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Ataraxette said:
I can't believe that Ray went from "don't trust anyone, not even yourself" to "okay, my friend commited a deal with some immortal demon god, who asked for a great reward, but she refuses to tell about reward, so eh, whatever"

That is so true 😆.

Final battle at the capital and Musica is too good for this world. Wonder how many more chapters there will be?
Jul 29, 2019 9:01 PM
Mar 2018
Emma's back. What the price for the promise is yet to be known.
Jul 30, 2019 1:41 AM

May 2016
Even when they were threatened with death, it's awesome that the two Demons still decided on non-fatally knocking out their opponents instead of tearing them apart and Musica even tried to tend to the Lambda kids when they started having seizures! Unlike Norman who strives for a complete genocide, the Evil Blood Maiden is the one who's actually willing to make an effort to make true peace between them all possible.

Emma reforged the promise and those lines under her eyes in some panels might be an indication of her lack of sleep or her crying upon knowing the price of saving all the cattle children...

Jul 30, 2019 12:22 PM
Aug 2012
Maybe Emma chose to sacrifice herself as a price
Aug 1, 2019 4:24 AM

May 2016
I wonder what price she has paid for that, I’m really worried about the outcome of it.
Aug 1, 2019 2:58 PM

Jan 2017
Raizel said:
I wonder what price she has paid for that, I’m really worried about the outcome of it.

I think the price would be the life of one of the most important characters, such as Norman, Ray or Emma herself, so she quickly changed the focus of the conversation.

Or it may be something no one expects.
Aug 11, 2019 2:34 PM

Mar 2019
Very suspenseful. Maybe the least harmful outcome I can think of as the price of the promise would be for the demon to take the farm children's memories of the demon world. Guess the conflict is solved if Musica can make it so that the demons no longer need to eat humans and would then have their own world without them. Why am I going over this? Eh, just a bit bored IRL. We'll see how the next chapter goes.
Aug 18, 2019 1:37 PM

Mar 2018
I’m sure “the reward” is bad news (>人<;)
Apr 28, 2020 10:43 AM

Jun 2017
The price got to do with Emma. She will never sacrifice her friends if that's what God asked her.

I thought Emma already made a deal/promise with God? Shouldn't that have commenced by now? I was expecting before Sung-joo could attack, the children suddenly vanished and then appear in the human world!
KoniginElleApr 28, 2020 11:04 AM

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 30, 2023 8:16 AM
Jul 2017
musica's helper is insane
the team who tried to assassinate musica may grow to protect her since she protected them
emma is back without revealing the price, probably her, ray, or norman?

final battle is coming

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 181 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ya_hallo - Jun 12, 2020

173 by Lawgun »»
May 21, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by Jonas1402 »»
Apr 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 45 Discussion

zal - Jun 29, 2017

27 by luv_for_anime »»
Mar 23, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 20 Discussion

ichii_1 - Dec 26, 2016

19 by instantzoso »»
Mar 18, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

23 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 6, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.