Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 17, 2019 4:10 PM

Jun 2015
I really really fking hate the "hey I'm a new guy/girl at school and gets to know other main characters and then mid story they suddenly give us the "OMG WE WERE CHILDHOOD FRIENDS." Cliche bullshit. This is SO bullshit. I hate it in every anime..

What cliche do you hate/like?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 17, 2019 4:12 PM
Feb 2017
Accidental boob grab. This cliche has overstayed its welcome
Mar 17, 2019 4:14 PM

Jun 2015
BlakexEkalb said:

I actually really like that one cause I like oppai
@EcchiGodMamsterP agrees with me 100%
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Mar 17, 2019 4:15 PM

Mar 2018
The traditional Bath House/Beach/School Trip/Bikini episodes

They really need to have a new filler episode idea tbh

not that i complain or dislike them, its just repetitive and all.
"As someone who deranked from Legendary Eagle to Gold Nova, i can really say that war is hell."
Mar 17, 2019 4:17 PM
Feb 2017
Takamura-sama said:
BlakexEkalb said:

I actually really like that one cause I like oppai
@EcchiGodMamsterP agrees with me 100%

I mean, I'm not saying I don't like oppai but the thing is it has been used way too often and it's starting to be annoying rather than something that's an "Oh, lol that happened!" moment. It's like Isekai: not a bad idea, but an overused one.
Mar 17, 2019 4:17 PM

Oct 2017
Takamura-sama said:
I really really fking hate the "hey I'm a new guy/girl at school and gets to know other main characters and then mid story they suddenly give us the "OMG WE WERE CHILDHOOD FRIENDS." Cliche bullshit. This is SO bullshit. I hate it in every anime..

What cliche do you hate/like?

I also hate that so much a lot of romance anime have this and it pisses me off lol.
Mar 17, 2019 4:18 PM
Oct 2018
Probably the First girl/ childhood friend is the biggest bullsh*t in the history of anime
Mar 17, 2019 4:20 PM

Oct 2017
Keo94 said:
Probably the First girl/ childhood friend is the biggest bullsh*t in the history of anime

Yh I totally agree 100%

30 characters needed so I added this. SIGH.
Mar 17, 2019 4:26 PM
Jul 2018
BlakexEkalb said:

100% this

there is 30 characters in my reply, btw.
Mar 17, 2019 4:26 PM

Apr 2016
The knows everything but really doesn't know characters.
Mar 17, 2019 4:27 PM

May 2013
Cliche is good. Balances your expectations.

Although, if there was one cliche I could hate on is that blase "But you had promised we would get married when we were 6 years old!!!". Man, drag that fuck outta here pls...
Truly a Divine Comedy
Mar 17, 2019 4:30 PM

Oct 2017
Skana said:
Romance anime where the MC's never kiss throughout the series/season. Shit makes me lose my mind.

This can be quite annoying and makes my blood boil.
Mar 17, 2019 4:30 PM

Sep 2018
The childhood friend that likes the male protagonist, sometimes even the real life one. At the end of the day if the childhood friend is of the opposite sex, then 90% of the time they have liked the male protagonist at some point of their life. Every time I see that, the childhood friend will almost always lose.
Mar 17, 2019 4:32 PM

Oct 2017
KreatorX said:

Although, if there was one cliche I could hate on is that blase "But you had promised we would get married when we were 6 years old!!!". Man, drag that fuck outta here pls...

HAHAHAHA!!

This pisses me off especially in Nisekoi. One of the worst cliche ever in anime.
Mar 17, 2019 4:37 PM

Jul 2017
distant, emotionless main character who's overpowered/overly intelligent and often manages to impress others on the first day of school or they're introduced to a group or a community

Mar 17, 2019 4:40 PM

Apr 2015
I am VERY sure outside of girls being drunk, girls don't run up to another girl and grope their breast. My god I hate that. Like, how is it funny..? How?!
Mar 17, 2019 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
MAYOISM said:
distant, emotionless main character who's overpowered/overly intelligent and often manages to impress others on the first day of school or they're introduced to a group or a community

i...agree. i've seen this cliche way too many times to count.
Mar 17, 2019 4:43 PM

May 2013
Hikki_a1 said:
KreatorX said:

HAHAHAHA!!

This pisses me off especially in Nisekoi. One of the worst cliche ever in anime.

Lol

As much as I absolutely swear off any kind of harem anime, if I ever get around to watch Nisekoi, I am instantly going to put that character who brings up that childhood-proposal card in my shit-list. :D
Truly a Divine Comedy
Mar 17, 2019 4:47 PM

Oct 2017
KreatorX said:
Hikki_a1 said:

HAHAHAHA!!

Lol

As much as I absolutely swear off any kind of harem anime, if I ever get around to watch Nisekoi, I am instantly going to put that character who brings up that childhood-proposal card in my shit-list. :D

There are quite a few of them lol.....
Mar 17, 2019 4:58 PM

Dec 2016
Stomach growling signaling hunger, especially in ladies. So disgusting.
Mar 17, 2019 5:00 PM

Aug 2018
KreatorX said:

if I ever get around to watch Nisekoi:D

Friendship with KreatorX ended. Now nobody is my best friend.

Free violence against men from a pair of walking tits (because calling these things characters would be an insult to writing).
That sounded really bad... welp.

Also the "misteryous quote from a character pointing out at the fact that they know more about the plot than us but the MC acts as if he didnt heard said character right or brushes off that character instantly".
The blue girl in Toradora became completely irrelevant after her first episode and became that cliche.
Also the white haired girl in "love comedy" (name too long, anime too shit to learn the name).

Also beta male self insert virgin goody two shoes blank slate reference thrower characters.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Mar 17, 2019 5:34 PM

Oct 2013
BlakexEkalb said:

Agreed. This one got old for me pretty quickly.
Mar 17, 2019 6:22 PM

Jan 2019
When characters have nosebleeds during fan service scenes. I've always found it weird.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 17, 2019 6:24 PM

Mar 2019
The villain talking for half an hour going to kill a mc only to be stopped at the last second by someone else arriving "just in time"
Mar 17, 2019 6:29 PM

May 2018
Typical isekai death you know the getting hit from a truck

Can't they come up with a different way for the main character to die like maybe getting stab or getting beaten up from a group of thugs
Mar 17, 2019 6:30 PM

Sep 2017
Wind blowing on a females skirt in front of a male protag and then she slaps him and calls him a pervert.
Mar 17, 2019 6:38 PM

Jan 2018
omg our school will close if we dont do this or that. its like half of the time the school based anime is facing closure for some damn reason.
You can make me grow old, but you can never make me grow up!
Mar 17, 2019 6:40 PM

Feb 2019
A guy runs into a girl, they fall down and he grabbed/put his face into her boobs. Stop pls
Mar 17, 2019 6:43 PM

Jul 2016
When a show deviates from it's main focus
Mar 17, 2019 6:45 PM

Jul 2017
When the MC is on a "date" with a side character and starts talking about the main heroine right in front of her (e.g., "uwaa heroine-chan would've definitely liked this !!"). Like I get he doesn't see the situation as a date but damn is that a crap way to kill off a romantic interest from a show

Mar 17, 2019 6:45 PM

Jul 2017
shazzyy said:
MAYOISM said:

ikr
well i just cannot stand their personality
i do feel like this cliche undermines both characterization and character development in a way it makes the story unenjoyable when the outcomes are usually predictable and you know, mc will mostly, if not always, succeed and solve the problems
combined with their emotionlessness, they just seem condescending
* the guy from aldnoah zero is one of my least favorite mcs
i kinda dislike hachiman from oregairu too
Mar 17, 2019 6:49 PM
Jul 2018
MAYOISM said:
shazzyy said:

ikr
well i just cannot stand their personality
i do feel like this cliche undermines both characterization and character development in a way it makes the story unenjoyable when the outcomes are usually predictable and you know, mc will mostly, if not always, succeed and solve the problems
* the guy from aldnoah zero is one of my least favorite mcs
i kinda dislike hachiman from oregairu too

yes! the protag from aldnoah is such an emotionless piece of meat. i'm not sure what they were thinking when trying to make his "character." it's like they wanted to make him as bland as possible.

hachiman is also a bit of an annoyance. he's way too edgy for me at the beginning and while i do know the point of his character arc is to overcome that edginess, it's just so irritating to watch him be a dick to everyone.
Mar 17, 2019 6:59 PM

Sep 2018
Maybe the nosebleeds at the slightest hint of boobs or anything.
Mar 17, 2019 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
captjoe213 said:
omg our school will close if we dont do this or that. its like half of the time the school based anime is facing closure for some damn reason.

are you the one who is on your profile pic
Mar 17, 2019 7:02 PM

Jan 2018
g1au said:
captjoe213 said:

I surely am that old man! And I've drooled at boobs, but never had a nosebleed
You can make me grow old, but you can never make me grow up!
Mar 17, 2019 7:09 PM

Jan 2019
captjoe213 said:
g1au said:

I surely am that old man! And I've drooled at boobs, but never had a nosebleed

Aye man anime is for all ages. Pretty cool you a review series on your page too lol.

Mar 17, 2019 7:30 PM

Aug 2017
-"They are our enemies but we must don't hurt them beacause we are good guys"
-"ops,I slipped on the floor and now my bra is gone"
-"I've hated you for all the series Main Male Basic Protagonist but now I want to fuck and have babies with you"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2019 7:31 PM

Jan 2019
I'm a fan of clichés as long as they are used well. None of them bother me if they're done tastefully.
“What are you scared of? Nothing good has ever come from fear.” – Kawabuchi Sentarou
Mar 17, 2019 7:33 PM

Jun 2015
Male character abuse by tsundere characters. It's not okay. I don't think it's funny at all.
Read Toriko!
Mar 17, 2019 11:06 PM

Jun 2015
Hikki_a1 said:
KreatorX said:

HAHAHAHA!!

Basically same thing as what I hate. It's so bullshit after nisekoi turned into a
it turned from a 5-6 anime to a 2.
Mar 18, 2019 2:06 AM

Apr 2017
when cliches are overused too much to the point it's just a bother to see anymore of.
Mar 18, 2019 2:14 AM
Sep 2017
I fking hate isekai anime's were a 25+ adult loser dies and wakes up in another world so he could bang 13 year olds.

They are just freaking overused.
NotTrying2BLazyMar 18, 2019 2:43 AM

Mar 18, 2019 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
Lol I'm going to bring another Nisekoi example: each time a character wants to confess, something/someone interrupts. I know it's not Nisekoi-exclusive but just how many times can you use the same cliche in one show? I think they broke some record.
Mar 18, 2019 3:03 AM
Mar 2019
Being king of their respective worlds
Mar 18, 2019 3:13 AM
May 2016
The 1 dimensional sex object

You see this trope for all male characters in shoujo, shounen ai, josei, reverse harem, yaoi anime/manga/otome games
Mar 18, 2019 3:15 AM

Feb 2014
Off the top of my head, that cliche of starting an episode (or even a scene) in the middle of a random scene, with the protagonist saying something like "how did things end up like this?", and then the show proceeds to give the context with a mini flashback. When I first saw that in Steins Gate's 2nd or 3rd episode back when I was new to anime, I thought it was pretty creative, but it quickly became annoying because it's way overused, especially when telling the events in a regular linear way would be much better.

When it starts raining when a character is about to cry. Pretty considerate of mother nature to spray some water all over the character so that they wouldn't feel embarrassed for crying.
And speaking of rain, characters catching a cold instantly after getting a little wet in the rain. How weak is the immune system of Japanese people?

The weird grunting sounds like "khuh" that characters make when the show give you a reaction shot of their face.

Cockblocked kiss scenes. Not showing kisses. Kissing only at the end of the show.

NTR moments in shoujo/josei anime. They're in almost every single one of them (the ones I watched anyway).
Mar 18, 2019 3:42 AM

Jul 2013
1. The male character gets hit just because he saw her naked. (There's a thing called locks). If anything when a female character sees anything "lewd" he gets hit.

2. Epic battle but first, let me tell you about my past. (If this a excuse to give you pity then failed)

3. Male characters gets a instant harem. (This type of shit is unnatural in every way) I don't mind it if slowly becomes one but when it just happens with a snap it grinds my gears.

Mar 18, 2019 3:57 AM

Mar 2018
Not a big fan of BEST GIRL always losing tbh
Mar 18, 2019 5:19 AM

Oct 2013
I have several I hate.

• Male MC walks in on girl/s changing and then proceeds to get slapped, insulted, etc. Like Jesus Christ, have they heard of locking, or putting a note on the door if it ain't a room designed for changing?
  • The whole childhood promise BS. It's just, so darn cringey.
  • Dense as hell MC. Makes me want to rip my brain out.
  • Test of Courage, specifically the stuff that tends to happen between love interests during it.

This is all I can think of currently.
Emrys Helstorm
"Deriving in pleasure from Extreme Cruelty"

Mar 18, 2019 7:07 AM

Feb 2019
sport anime/manga
Character kicks the ball.
Cue 2-3 minutes of commentary with voice in real time.
Ball landed.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - Yesterday

28 by MeanMrMusician »»
6 minutes ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - 15 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» What is the best anime cheering ever?

SgtBateMan - 41 minutes ago

2 by Ratris_Decision »»
15 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby?

Anjuro - Yesterday

40 by Dumb »»
27 minutes ago

» Did you know people who have only 200 completed anime but more than 100 days are--

LenRea - Yesterday

40 by ColourWheel »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.