Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think more LN anime should follow the DBZ Formula ? ( DBZ Formula is what I call a setting when the MC's male friend gets his own girlfriend/lover too like the MC )

New
Do you think more Light Novel anime should follow the DBZ Formula ? ( DBZ Formula is what I call a setting when the MC's male friend gets his own girlfriend/lover too like the MC )
Apr 27, 2018 2:39 AM
Jul 2015
Do you think more LN anime should follow the Dragon Ball Z Formula ? ( DBZ Formula is what I call a setting when the MC's male friend gets his own girlfriend/lover too like the MC ). Yup, I am talking about Krillin x Android 18.

Android 18 is the strongest female out of all the 3 Main Couples in DBZ that could actually be of use to her man, fighting side by side with his own man in the battlefield against enemies, which reminds me of Ikki-Stella from Rakudai Kishi, in which both are strong in the battlefield.

Here are examples of LNs and Manga that follow the DBZ Formula, where the MC's male or same gender friends gets paired with their own lovers like the MC too.

1. Nisekoi ( Shuu x Ruri )
2. Yuyu Hakusho ( Kuwabara x Yukina )
3. Gamers ( Tasuku x Aguri )
4. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ( I forgot the name of the couple, but the male can be considered as MC's friend, even though not as intimate as the other examples )
5. Kenja no Mago ( August x Elizabeth )
6. Blend S ( Akizuki x Kaho )
7. Just Because ( Haruto x Hazuki )

Conclusion : I think more LNs should follow this formula and pair MC's male friend(s) with girls that loves only them, just like how the MC has his own girl(s) that would only love only him too.

That would make it more fair for MC's male friends, right ? I didn't include Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai in the list above since it's an Original Anime and not LN or Manga based.

I'm making this an Issue, because I'm a bit sad watching Darling in the Franxx, as MC's closest male friend Goro has yet to get his own loyal girl that would only love him and stay loyal till the end of the story. Goro is a very good guy so he deserves his own happiness just like the MC too :(

I think side couples should be necessary even in Harem series, so as to not let the MC be the only male that gets all the attention from all the female cast, as some viewers might not watch if only one male gets all the luck with the ladies, as such people easily feel jealous if only one male gets all the luck compared to series with side couples.

In fact, most of the recent Light Novels I bought from Amazon Japan ( I can read Japanese so I can pick anything I want to read without bothering about English translations ) are mostly ones that include side couples in it, as it meets my preferences.

Also, I think Lester from Gakusen Toshi Asterisk really needs his own girlfriend, despite him not being that close friends with that series' MC, as Lester is the only male character I like in that series as I consider him cool, good at heart, hardworking, and dependable.

So, do you like to see more Light Novels turned anime featuring MC's male friends being paired with their own lovers too, like DBZ and the other example of series I listed above ?

I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Apr 27, 2018 2:42 AM

Jul 2015
Death to harems and love triangles
Long life to multiple couples
Apr 27, 2018 3:08 AM

Dec 2017
No, because Light Novels has to be harem.
Apr 27, 2018 3:11 AM

Nov 2017
The main character for many is there to be relatable and the girls go for the main so having the multiple couples thing wouldn't work in Isekai novels which are most LNs these days.
Apr 27, 2018 3:15 AM

Mar 2016
I bet I'd enjoy some harems if they do. Sadly, harem that adapted from LN rarely have a side male character that got much screen time.
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Apr 27, 2018 3:32 AM

Oct 2015
If they don't feel forced or it isn't NTR, then yes, I am fine with it and it is good to see them move on with something as a character.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Apr 27, 2018 4:32 PM

Dec 2015
Wow, dude, you're still at this? At this point, I'm doubting you even have a life. Either that or you're just a really persistent troll, in which case, I applaud you man.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 27, 2018 4:35 PM

Jun 2017
don't really matter when you looking at doujins on nhentai.

Apr 27, 2018 4:52 PM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
Seems like a small cog in a big machine. I'll agree that usually side romances are almost better then the main one but I doubt that this'll up the quality of LN. They'll still be shit due to story structure and characters.
May 10, 2018 8:01 PM
Jul 2015
For me, it's important for any Anime, LN, or Manga to feature depictions of romance involving male characters other than one MC, as it gives hope to many single people in real life when watching shows with Multiple Couples.

In contrast, harem shows where only one male gets all the benefits would induce feelings of hate and jealousy in some viewers/readers. It's like as if you see the MC as a rare chosen one, who is someone that most of us who are commoners and nobody mob characters in real life can never hope to reach.

But with Multiple Couples or Double Harem groups, we can self-project as the 2nd guy, and feel able to say with confidence to the 1st guy, "So what if you have luck with the ladies ? I too have my own luck with ladies now."
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
May 11, 2018 2:49 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
For me, it's important for any Anime, LN, or Manga to feature depictions of romance involving male characters other than one MC, as it gives hope to many single people in real life when watching shows with Multiple Couples.

hubert, my sweet summer child, this is starting to go down a bad route, i can already feel it ._.

CoolitzHubertXVI said:

In contrast, harem shows where only one male gets all the benefits would induce feelings of hate and jealousy in some viewers/readers. It's like as if you see the MC as a rare chosen one, who is someone that most of us who are commoners and nobody mob characters in real life can never hope to reach.

"How should we solve a pretty huge non-issue of making people less jealous of a harem MC?"

"I know! Let's add two males with harems!"

simply astounding hubert

you've made up a problem that doesn't exist with pretty much anybody except for you and are trying to solve said problem in a way that's the equivalent of trying to put out a fire by dumping gasoline on it, bravo

what about when you start getting jealous of the second one for having a harem too whenever you don't and instead of just one rare special boys it's two rare special boys that are stealing all of the ladies from out beneath every other guy? are you going to ask for a third with his own harem too? so on and so forth, rinse and repeat, until we reach your idyllic golden age of equality where every fucking guy on the planet has a harem?

CoolitzHubertXVI said:

But with Multiple Couples or Double Harem groups, we can self-project as the 2nd guy, and feel able to say with confidence to the 1st guy, "So what if you have luck with the ladies ? I too have my own luck with ladies now."

I mean I won't lie this just sounds sad more than anything ._.

You don't need to prove yourself to a goddamn anime character, especially not by projecting as a second character just so you can look at the first like that

You wouldn't be the second MC, the second MC would be the second MC, he has the harem and not you, you won't ever be able to tell the first guy anything along those lines and the second MC having a harem doesn't equate to you having more luck with the ladies yourself in any way whatsoever, I'm sorry, even if he's about as interesting as a gray crayon he likely isn't a straight up audience surrogate and he's his own character and you wouldn't benefit in any way whatsoever from it, the hypothetical 2nd MC existing does not change anything at all whatsoever

ngl, this just makes it seem like you're A) not actually healthily indulging in these shows and that doing so is damaging to your psyche and B) you're not just tossing out thoughts or ideas on how to make the shows themselves better, and are instead just trying to add more characters to try to compensate for feelings of inferiority to harem MCs somehow

Might sound harsh and all and I'm not setting out to be a dickhead to you by saying that, believe it or not, but...Hubert, my man, come on now, be realistic for a moment here
ManabanMay 11, 2018 3:11 AM

May 14, 2018 2:23 PM

Jan 2018
People prefers originality with a consistent structure. It's a struggle to present a lovely romance aspect that usually, suddenly turns into holier than thou source material once it has an anime adaptation.
May 14, 2018 10:37 PM

Feb 2015
Why I knew it will be you again.
It really doesn't matter if there's just one pair or more as long as they're good developed.
If you're gonna just throw 2 more ships in while not being able to manage even one then don't bother.

Not like our opinions matter anyway but eh.

Manaban said:
CoolitzHubertXVI said:

hubert, my sweet summer child, this is starting to go down a bad route, i can already feel it ._.

He's already lost. Give him up.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
May 14, 2018 10:44 PM

Jun 2017
My favourite LN's MC doesn't even have male friends so it really doesn't matter (Zaimokuza doesn't count)

More topics from this board

» What are considered 'the best anime clothes'?

SgtBateMan - 25 minutes ago

5 by Spunkert »»
1 minute ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre? ( 1 2 )

Semester1 - Yesterday

54 by NaTsu879 »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - Yesterday

34 by iirayuki »»
3 minutes ago

» Secondary characters

JoeChip - 9 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
8 minutes ago

» What is your "Unlikeliest" Anime

Ratris_Decision - May 27

12 by Shirayukin »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.