Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 4, 2018 11:00 PM

Sep 2017
Extremely lack luster but honestly what I expected. Oh well I suppose it's good for new fans and just to have some LotGH to watch. I'm watching Gaiden at the same time so I get a bit of the old as well
Apr 4, 2018 11:40 PM

Mar 2013
I've always planned on watching Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, and suddenly they come out with a modern adaptation -- bam, I'm in.
I thought it was pretty good first episode.

As far as I'm concerned I remember them saying this is adaptation NOT a remake-- so I really dislike it when people rate it low because it's not the same as the "original" version instead of viewing it as a completely separate adaptation.
Heck, I would be thrilled if one of my favorite older animes came out with a modern adaptation-- that way the watchers would have an interest with the older versions.
KilikcliaApr 4, 2018 11:57 PM
Apr 5, 2018 1:38 AM
Jul 2011
@Nemurasan
And is this target to male audience? (Only from the mecha genre) bc to me the characters relationship had an yaoi aura. Especially the main two.

have a hard time with the Mecha genre, the teminology is hard and they talk too fast

QuattroVaginas (his nickname is a Zeta Gundam joke) already explained it to you but I will try to clarify.

1. Almost every anime now days has yaoi and/or yuri elements. This is nothing extraordinary and pretty much the norm, but Reinhard and Siegfried are like this in the old series from 1988.
Also a mild spoiler - they have interest in women too.
2. LOTGH is a "space opera" (you can lookup for the term). Lot of mechas are also space operas but this here is no mecha.
3. Mecha means a story with piloted robots. There is a large variety of those - military (like Gundam), sports (like Basquash! and RideBack) or even police procedural (like Patlabor). Not sure what types you have watched and why you don't like them but I assure - there are many of those and they are not the same. (For example Aldnoah.Zero and Muv Liv are not representative for the genre.)
Or maybe you generally don't like sci-fi?
Apr 5, 2018 1:38 AM

Nov 2010
I lowered my expectation to be as low as possible and it works

(-) Character design for young main characters are indeed bad.
(+) However, older generic characters are actually pretty good.
(-) CGI battle too close up
(+) New formation map hologram is actually quite cool
(-) Reindhard VA can't compete with original
(+) Yang Wenli sounds nice from little bits that I heard
(-) Quick pacing, less weight/stake/technical details
(+) Flows pretty good, less spoilers from Mr. Narrator. Should be more suitable for modern audience.
Apr 5, 2018 1:50 AM

Sep 2012
It's nice to see so many people liking this episode and getting hooked with the series after watching it. After rewatching it intensly i went from "weak plot-wise" to "quite enjoyable" (it is difficult to get rid of 11/10 original OVA lenses), and well I put original series on hold for few months after being bored to hell by the intro movie XD
What has to be said is that lot of effort is being put into this new adaptation, it's clearly visable and definitely something to appreciate.
Apr 5, 2018 3:47 AM

Apr 2017
Looks like it's honestly far more decent than I had imagined around two or four months ago.

I see that many people are ranting about this and complaining about it being far too short than the original OVA though, but as of E01, it's done just right. Nothing's rushed that bad and the plot's progression is just done right. (Imperial fleet attacks -> FPA fleet in pure confusion-> FPA fleet gets crushed). All done swiftly and w/o any shittiness in it.

Feeling bad for Jean Robert for having not that much screen time though.

Got a feeling that the next episode will be all about Yang's/FPA's POV.

kimilljong92Apr 5, 2018 3:52 AM
Apr 5, 2018 5:48 AM
May 2015
megaload said:
@Nemurasan
And is this target to male audience? (Only from the mecha genre) bc to me the characters relationship had an yaoi aura. Especially the main two.

have a hard time with the Mecha genre, the teminology is hard and they talk too fast

QuattroVaginas (his nickname is a Zeta Gundam joke) already explained it to you but I will try to clarify.

1. Almost every anime now days has yaoi and/or yuri elements. This is nothing extraordinary and pretty much the norm, but Reinhard and Siegfried are like this in the old series from 1988.
Also a mild spoiler - they have interest in women too.
2. LOTGH is a "space opera" (you can lookup for the term). Lot of mechas are also space operas but this here is no mecha.
3. Mecha means a story with piloted robots. There is a large variety of those - military (like Gundam), sports (like Basquash! and RideBack) or even police procedural (like Patlabor). Not sure what types you have watched and why you don't like them but I assure - there are many of those and they are not the same. (For example Aldnoah.Zero and Muv Liv are not representative for the genre.)
Or maybe you generally don't like sci-fi?

Thanks so much for the clarification! Now I can differentiate the mecha and sci-fi genres.
It's not that I don't like sci-fi, I do because it makes the anime more interesting and awsome just the terminology they use.
Space opera haven't heard it Thx again for helping me!
P.S "they have interest in women too" I laughed so much LOL
Apr 5, 2018 6:50 AM
Jul 2011
@Nemurasan
I laughed so much

Why, are bisexuals that uncommon?
Apr 5, 2018 7:29 AM
May 2015
megaload said:
@Nemurasan
I laughed so much

Why, are bisexuals that uncommon?
No, you said it like mild spoiler thats what I laughed about.
I don't know why people get so overreact these days...
Apr 5, 2018 7:46 AM

Jan 2014
it's pretty decent so far, but nostalgiafags will always angry anyway.
but yeah i dislike reunthal and cazzelnu's design but the rest are pretty good, in fact i like the new fahrenheit more. i need to get used to FPA's ship designs but imperial's designs are cool. Also the OP and ED are good.
Apr 5, 2018 8:13 AM
Jul 2011
@Nemurasan
No, you said it like mild spoiler

Laughing or not but those connections are important to the story and I really spoiled it for you (and for everyone here how doesn't know LOTGH from other sources).
Apr 5, 2018 8:43 AM
May 2015
megaload said:
@Nemurasan
No, you said it like mild spoiler

Laughing or not but those connections are important to the story and I really spoiled it for you (and for everyone here how doesn't know LOTGH from other sources).

I bet this little spoiler wouldn't make us others not watch the show afterwards!
Apr 5, 2018 11:09 AM
Dec 2015
Looks like a fun anime action anime. Just as many like this however, the actual strategy is lack luster. Based on the first episode alone, nobody put any thought into coming up with some actual tactics. Its obvious whats going to happen next, and it just comes out as bland. The three battles in the first episode are just so incredibly basic, it left a bad taste in my mouth. These two commanders show no actual competence in their ability to out think the enemy.
Apr 5, 2018 11:43 AM
Mar 2018
As an old LOGH fan, I have to say that the first episode of DNT did some justice. The pacing in this episode is slower than the first episode of the PVA, maybe because they are trying to buildup tension and to keep the "morally grey" theme from the novels as at the first volume of the novel, the chapters are separated with Reinhard and Yang's perspective. ( Though OVA episode 1 is.. okay??? I have to say that DNT episode 1 is befter )

100000% sure that episode 2 will be in Yang's perspective because of the FPA emblem/logo appeared in the screen. Love how they made an entrance of Yang and put little interaction of him in this episode, a good way to build his character.

Japanese fans stated that the 12 episodes of DNT will cover the first volume, the 3 movies will cover the second volume ( director said that each of the movies will cover 3-4 episodes ) Director also said that he would LOVE to make 100+ episodes but it depends on the success of DNT.

Miss the classical music and the opera opening but it's time to "move on" from the OVA.... Miss Yang's old VA ( Rest in Peace ) but Suzuken did Yang Wenli justice in this episode!

I will have to rate it in 8/10, can't wait for the next episode, bring me Yang Wenli DNT!!
Apr 5, 2018 1:40 PM

May 2015
just happy to see reinhard and wenli again
Apr 5, 2018 2:17 PM
Apr 2018
I think some people are getting a little blinded by nostalgia. The first episode of the LOTGH OVA woulda put most people to sleep. The first battle is basically Reinhard hammering dumb admirals until Yang Wenli steps in, so it was always gonna be a bit boring.

The visuals are brilliant, putting aside character designs (which is admittedly very important). Reinhard looked very imposing when he stood in his chair, and the ships felt forceful when they moved and destroyed eachother. Though we might end up getting desensitized to those shots if they're overused.

The dialogue was much better too - a lot more punch. The dialogue in the original episode 1 was very dry.

Overall, much stronger than I was expecting. My hopes have risen a little.

p;edit - I saw a lot of other people miffed about the fact we've focused on the empire for the first episode. This makes far more sense narratively than throwing twice as many characters and twice as much story in one episode, resulting in a very dense, tedious intro. Some of these criticisms give off the vibe that some people were bent on hating the show, regardless of its actual quality.
yzb2Apr 5, 2018 2:20 PM
Apr 5, 2018 2:29 PM

Jul 2015
zeroyuki92 said:
I lowered my expectation to be as low as possible and it works

(-) Character design for young main characters are indeed bad.
(+) However, older generic characters are actually pretty good.
(-) CGI battle too close up
(+) New formation map hologram is actually quite cool
(-) Reindhard VA can't compete with original
(+) Yang Wenli sounds nice from little bits that I heard
(-) Quick pacing, less weight/stake/technical details
(+) Flows pretty good, less spoilers from Mr. Narrator. Should be more suitable for modern audience.
idk about the pacing part, the OG first 2 episodes had way more stuff added in and quick scenes than this one(which is just Reinhard, I wouldn't be surprised if next episode goes back and shows the battle from the start...but in the FPA's perspective)
Sup...
Apr 5, 2018 6:22 PM

Aug 2010
The main difference is that it's a lot more streamlined, lining up the events as necessary instead of showing all the cards from the very beginning. If my memory doesn't fail me, in the first episode of the original OVAs they introduced almost every major characters, including Oberstein, Reuenthal and Mittermeyer.

Also Reinhard was keenly aware of Wenli from the very beginning, which for me is the biggest difference story-wise, even as he's smashing the first fleet, he's constantly reminding himself to be cautious because Yang could maybe pull something unexpected on him.
Apr 5, 2018 7:55 PM

Jan 2017
As someone who watched the original, I have many problems with the first ep, such as Lohengramm and Seigfried not knowing who Yang Wenli is and how it isn't immediately obvious that Lohengramm and Seigfried are childhood friends and extremely close. Instead, it would likely seem to the new viewer that they are good friends, but certainly not as close as they are in the original. While I am fine with the new adaptation taking liberties, them being super close is an incredibly important plot point that must not be changed. Hopefully, their relationship will become more obvious in ep 2.

That said, the rest of it looks great. I was a little confused as to where in the timeline they started ep 1 in but I think I have the gist of it.
Apr 5, 2018 7:59 PM

Jan 2017
kurikinton said:
just happy to see reinhard and wenli again

True

AiHikari said:
Also, Reinhard was keenly aware of Wenli from the very beginning, which for me is the biggest difference story-wise, even as he's smashing the first fleet, he's constantly reminding himself to be cautious because Yang could maybe pull something unexpected on him.

Yeah, I was confused by that as well
Apr 5, 2018 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
I can solidly say it exceeded my expectations, because I was hoping something really bad to come. That's the good point about not being hyped for something. That said, I have some critics: I. The music
Although I didn't think it was that bad, it's just generic anime song, and is nothing compared to the feeling that classical music gave to the original series.
II. The CGI
Now this is not a bad critic, the CGI is really god in my opinion. Adapts it pretty well to nowadays animation style.
III. Reinhard
Something that really pissed me off was Reinhard's behavior during the episode. Yes, he was a bit arrogant in the original series, but now he's 1000% more. Really hope this changes, otherwise it would ruin one of my favorite anime characters off all time.
So I would give a 8/10 to this first episode. Really excited about this new series, hope it maintains its quality.
Apr 5, 2018 8:57 PM

May 2011
What a time to be alive!

*Buckles up for the season*
Apr 5, 2018 10:31 PM

Jun 2009
I kind of like this better than the original episodes. But, I don't think that's all that weird considering the original episodes were not great and Overture to A New War was in a whole other ball park. I'm not sure about the character designs, but I like the voices so far though I definitely miss the softer voice Reinhard had in the original. Anyway, it's just one episode but I'm pretty hopeful so far.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 5, 2018 10:35 PM
Feb 2017
Speaking as a person who never seen any of the source material or even the original OVAs, I actually really enjoyed this first episode.

Now, I could be biased because I really love strategy based shows. But my goodness was my attention drawn in so effectively. A massive battle between copious amounts of ships that actually was easy to follow. I am quite impressed.

Again, speaking as a first-timer, so I don't fully understand all the hate but I can see how the shortening from 110 to 12 episodes could present a potential problem. ^_^
Apr 5, 2018 10:43 PM

Jun 2009
Eugenefindit said:

Again, speaking as a first-timer, so I don't fully understand all the hate but I can see how the shortening from 110 to 12 episodes could present a potential problem. ^_^

Iirc, I don't think they are shortening it at all. They are just adapting first novel into these twelve episodes, then some movies, and then we'll see how it goes from there I guess. The thing is, I'm not sure how much the first season of the OVA (26 eps) adapted, if it was also just one novel then I may actually be a bit worried. But, I think this first ep was actually slower than the first ep of of the first series and it only did one of the two sides so I'm hopeful.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 5, 2018 11:42 PM

Jul 2015
Ston3_FreeN7 said:
Eugenefindit said:

Iirc, I don't think they are shortening it at all. They are just adapting first novel into these twelve episodes, then some movies, and then we'll see how it goes from there I guess. The thing is, I'm not sure how much the first season of the OVA (26 eps) adapted, if it was also just one novel then I may actually be a bit worried. But, I think this first ep was actually slower than the first ep of of the first series and it only did one of the two sides so I'm hopeful.
The first series did about a novel a cour also(10 volumes in total)
Sup...
Apr 6, 2018 12:08 AM

Apr 2017
Eugenefindit said:

110 to 12? What the heck boy? afaik there are probably three movies (maybe also considered as OVAs) which will serve as a continuation to the current tv series. OR even more if the series and the movies get successful.

It's kinda unbelievable though, but it had to be done. Maybe it's just for the sake of cutting the budget allocated for the anime? That CGI during the battle seems to be done by highly paid and talented staff.

But it depends of the success of this anime though. Like the series only serves as a hype-booster so it could gain a following then they'd rake in the revenue gained from the movies, merch, etc.

Come to think of it though, the series tries to be unique as possible from the 1980s OVA by presenting an entire new way to present the story (that's why it's called "die NEUE these", whatever).

Who knows? If the anime maintains its consistency in quality, pacing, plot etc. it might even become a worldwife hit... even becoming the Star Wars of the Orient?
Apr 6, 2018 12:19 AM
Feb 2017
kimilljong92 said:
Eugenefindit said:

110 to 12? What the heck boy? afaik there are probably three movies (maybe also considered as OVAs) which will serve as a continuation to the current tv series. OR even more if the series and the movies get successful.

It's kinda unbelievable though, but it had to be done. Maybe it's just for the sake of cutting the budget allocated for the anime? That CGI during the battle seems to be done by highly paid and talented staff.

But it depends of the success of this anime though. Like the series only serves as a hype-booster so it could gain a following then they'd rake in the revenue gained from the movies, merch, etc.

Come to think of it though, the series tries to be unique as possible from the 1980s OVA by presenting an entire new way to present the story (that's why it's called "die NEUE these", whatever).

Who knows? If the anime maintains its consistency in quality, pacing, plot etc. it might even become a worldwife hit... even becoming the Star Wars of the Orient?

Ok, calm down. I already said I was new to this franchise. So I didn't know what the actual plans are going to be for it. But if that's the case, I'd say it's a good thing because then it will lessen the chances of being rushed. ^_^
Apr 6, 2018 1:58 AM

Nov 2010
SenpaiJay98 said:
idk about the pacing part, the OG first 2 episodes had way more stuff added in and quick scenes than this one(which is just Reinhard, I wouldn't be surprised if next episode goes back and shows the battle from the start...but in the FPA's perspective)

I think fast pacing might be a poorly chosen word. I think the more suitable word would be streamlined. By cutting most introductions and reactions from the opposing side (sans the dying admirals) and having a relatively short break between events, it made the flow smoother but reducing the impacts of every events. Of course, if they multiplied the details in the second episode by doing a perspective switch AND a backtrack, that should become an entirely different presentation and actually could be better.

In that case, they missed the chance to not having a 1 hour premiere that would have worked much better.
Apr 6, 2018 3:49 AM

Sep 2014
Don't really see the whole problem with CGI tbh, it's not even bad really. Especially not if we're talking from a fan of the original perspective. Because the battles in the original OVA were far from being well animated or good looking.

Hard to judge after 1 episode, but it might be OK. Not much will happen unless they absolutely rush through stuff or skip a lot. Can't really remember now how were the first episodes in the original, but it doesn't feel that way atm, so it's nice. It's bit better than I expected it to be.
The character designs will be hard to get used to, though.
Apr 6, 2018 7:20 AM

Dec 2013
I actually really like the art and animation for this. I fanboyed when Yang appeared. I don’t have high expectations for this but I’m still looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 6, 2018 11:54 AM

Aug 2015
Don't know if someone already mentioned this, but around the 11 minute mark someone from the Alliance called the commander next to him kaka (your excellency). Dafuq?
Apr 6, 2018 12:07 PM
Sep 2013
I simply regret saying it would be a dissapointing version of the original one and oh boy, it's so good. The music, the characters designs (not Kircheis) are very good, not idential but keeping some of the original's design and also the voice actors are alright. I certainly didn't expect Miyano Mamoru to voice Reinhard but it's not bad either .The fact that Yang Wen Li appeared at the ending was not a coincidence. In the ed as well, he appears last. After all, there are two sides and the characters appear one at the beginning and one at the ending of the episode. All in all, I look forward to future episodes.
Apr 6, 2018 3:17 PM

Jan 2008
Lots of pew pew.

Really loved the stellar OP and ED....I expect nothing less of Sawano Hiroyuki. Even if most of the anime series his music is attached to aren't always the greatest, at least his music is.
Apr 6, 2018 7:11 PM

Jun 2013
Corvus8 said:
Don't know if someone already mentioned this, but around the 11 minute mark someone from the Alliance called the commander next to him kaka (your excellency). Dafuq?

I'm not sure why that's surprising. The Alliance fleet commander is a vice admiral, and flag officers in this series are invariably addressed to by their subordinates as "your Excellency" (閣下, kakka), no matter whether they are from the Alliance or the Empire.
Apr 6, 2018 11:55 PM

Nov 2014
I never saw the original but this one episode was enough to get me interested, I look forward to seeing where this goes.
Forum Signature
Apr 7, 2018 12:56 AM

Aug 2015
Impressive battle animation. Disappointed at no Yang Wengli (in the flesh) in this episode.

Honestly, something I really dislike about LotGH is the Empire. What is the probability of an Old Regime space empire being populated entirely by Frenchified Germans? It makes zero sense.
Apr 7, 2018 2:36 AM
Mar 2012
Nice eyelashes. Realistic faces kinda rare, it's nice once in awhile.
Those CG ships quite detailed & looks cool with them lights & explosions.
Good orchestra, haven't heard the original tho.
Most characters really stiff tho. Some pompous mains not really likeable, feels like brats playing a video game.
So it's Star Wars Galactic Empire vs Rebels?
Walkure idols where?... oh instead it's Tie Fighter mechas.
OP/ED kinda pleasant, has some A.Z vibe.
Apr 7, 2018 2:55 AM
Navel-Gazer

Jun 2015
glassknuckles said:
Honestly, something I really dislike about LotGH is the Empire. What is the probability of an Old Regime space empire being populated entirely by Frenchified Germans? It makes zero sense.

Spoilers for OVA episode 40, I guess? Nothing major though, just backstory, and one that appeared in the first chapter of the first novel at that.

It's true that it wouldn't make much sense normally, but considering that the whole Inferior Genes Exclusion Act was somehow a thing, that the overall aesthetics favoured by Rudolf I and implemented wherever possible were distinctly inspired by the Prussian Empire, that the Imperial nobility was completely comprised of people of Germanic descent (or who passed as such anyway), and finally that there's a lot more variety in the Alliance (literally founded and populated by refugees from the Empire, remember?), we can safely come to the horrifying conclusion that this lack of ethnic diversity was entirely intentional and likely enforced by the Imperial government. Ew.
phytohormonesApr 7, 2018 3:57 AM
"I stocked this for our last meal. So let's enjoy white rice tonight. But not all of it. We still have tomorrow and the day after that." ~Houjou San

"Anywhere can be paradise, as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy." ~Ikari Yui

"Life is suffering and pain. The world is cursed, its people are cursed, and yet we still wish to live." ~Osa
Apr 7, 2018 3:39 AM

Aug 2015
MagisterArcanum said:
Corvus8 said:

I'm not sure why that's surprising. The Alliance fleet commander is a vice admiral, and flag officers in this series are invariably addressed to by their subordinates as "your Excellency" (閣下, kakka), no matter whether they are from the Alliance or the Empire.

Don't remember in the old anime hearing someone from the Alliance calling a commander like that. I always assumed that "your excellency" was only used by the galactic empire, because of the whole autocratic monarchy and it being more archaic themed with kings, queens, princes etc. It doesn't really fit the democratic alliance. So i'm just confused why he didn't call the commander, well, commander.
Apr 7, 2018 4:18 AM

Jun 2013
Corvus8 said:
MagisterArcanum said:

Don't remember in the old anime hearing someone from the Alliance calling a commander like that. I always assumed that "your excellency" was only used by the galactic empire, because of the whole autocratic monarchy and it being more archaic themed with kings, queens, princes etc. It doesn't really fit the democratic alliance. So i'm just confused why he didn't call the commander, well, commander.

Well, in fact "your Excellency" was also used in the old OVA series. In Overture to a New War you can hear Vice Admiral Pastolle's staff officer addressing him as 司令官閣下 (shireikan-kakka, lit. your Excellency, commander) when inquiring about further instructions just like in this episode. It might not have been obvious since the Central Admiral subs glossed over the honorific and simply translated it as "Admiral".
Apr 7, 2018 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
It wasn't a really exciting battle, but i still liked it. Hope the second episode will be more exciting, it seems like the outcome of the battle is uncertain.
Apr 7, 2018 8:18 AM

Apr 2014
SupremeEdgelord said:
It wasn't a really exciting battle, but i still liked it. Hope the second episode will be more exciting, it seems like the outcome of the battle is uncertain.
wanting exciting battles in Logh LMFAo

this might not be a series for u bud
Apr 7, 2018 8:32 PM
Apr 2018
AiHikari said:
The main difference is that it's a lot more streamlined, lining up the events as necessary instead of showing all the cards from the very beginning. If my memory doesn't fail me, in the first episode of the original OVAs they introduced almost every major characters, including Oberstein, Reuenthal and Mittermeyer.

Also Reinhard was keenly aware of Wenli from the very beginning, which for me is the biggest difference story-wise, even as he's smashing the first fleet, he's constantly reminding himself to be cautious because Yang could maybe pull something unexpected on him.
GuyWRunningShirt said:
As someone who watched the original, I have many problems with the first ep, such as Lohengramm and Seigfried not knowing who Yang Wenli is and how it isn't immediately obvious that Lohengramm and Seigfried are childhood friends and extremely close. Instead, it would likely seem to the new viewer that they are good friends, but certainly not as close as they are in the original. While I am fine with the new adaptation taking liberties, them being super close is an incredibly important plot point that must not be changed. Hopefully, their relationship will become more obvious in ep 2.

That said, the rest of it looks great. I was a little confused as to where in the timeline they started ep 1 in but I think I have the gist of it.

They didn't know Yang in the original novel as I said in my previous comments this adaptation is based on the original novel that's why SPOILER Lao will be with Yang in the 2nd episode based on the trailer and not Attenborough because in the original novel it was Lao who assisted Yang but in the OVA they changed it to Attenborough please read the thread why you mustn't compare the story of this anime to the OVA rather to the novel. In the OVA they added a lot of things that can't be found in the novel. I'm sure if you're not familiar with the story in the novel you will be shocked that a lot of things didn't exist in the novel.

As for the timeline it is S.E. 796, I.C. 387 basically Chapter 1 of the novel.
RyuuSasakura12Apr 7, 2018 8:36 PM
Apr 8, 2018 4:15 AM

Jan 2013
Is it just me or did the first battle just paint everyone except Lohengramm and Lapp as extremely incompetent?

And how in the world can an opposing fleet jam opposing fleet comms without being there? They'd have a major tech advantage in that case over the Free Planets, and makes me wonder how the older commanders thought they could possibly lose. And I do agree that the fleet going into disarray with a directional turn shouldn't be as big of a problem as the enemy picking you off from the rear as you attempt a large scale maneuver; Lohengramm's fleet didn't have a problem with an about face when they headed to flank the other fleet.

While the art and sound was amazing, the actual tactics were so terrible I'm not sure I can treat it as the strategy anime it says it is.
Apr 8, 2018 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
is this a sequel to the first one?

I liked the first episode
Apr 8, 2018 7:02 AM
Jan 2018
I expected this to suck and it surpassed my expectations by being mediocre.Anime is a form of escapism and as such it is not surprising for it to have pretty unrealistic character designs but LOGH is not a piece of fiction meant for that purpose. Everyone in 1988 version looked realistic now they look like those unrealistic generic sci-fi CG anime characters.Everything in former version seemed so epic and grand with that classical music and those quotes which perfectly matched the tone of this epic tale.From first episode it does not feel like they would change plot points and character development of the series much so it will likely be a success but it will not be as captivating as its former version.Honestly,the CG is very dissapointing and the only thing which changed is that now it has prettier colours.To anyone who is reading this I would recommend 1988 version as it will be more captivating with its awesome presentation.And also,unlike the popular opinion,your eyes will not burst if you watch animation from the ninety's .
Apr 8, 2018 7:12 AM

Apr 2017
EJDiaZ168 said:
is this a sequel to the first one?

Nope, it's a "new approach" of the interpretation of the novel in an anime.

SupremeEdgelord said:
it seems like the outcome of the battle is uncertain.

kimilljong92Apr 8, 2018 7:16 AM
Apr 8, 2018 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
sounds good, i'll watch it then
Apr 8, 2018 9:29 AM

Jan 2017
RyuuSasakura12 said:
AiHikari said:

GuyWRunningShirt said:

They didn't know Yang in the original novel as I said in my previous comments this adaptation is based on the original novel that's why SPOILER Lao will be with Yang in the 2nd episode based on the trailer and not Attenborough because in the original novel it was Lao who assisted Yang but in the OVA they changed it to Attenborough please read the thread why you mustn't compare the story of this anime to the OVA rather to the novel. In the OVA they added a lot of things that can't be found in the novel. I'm sure if you're not familiar with the story in the novel you will be shocked that a lot of things didn't exist in the novel.

As for the timeline it is S.E. 796, I.C. 387 basically Chapter 1 of the novel.

Thank you for the info, btw, click on the BBCode button and put that spoiler in a spoiler tag, please. I wasnt heartbroken by that spoiler as you so no issue at all
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

13 by ItachiDeltaForce »»
Jul 11, 2:00 PM

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.