Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 2, 2018 9:07 PM

Jan 2017
man, it was a bad idea reading the manga xD
i thought they wouldnt make season 2 so..
Feb 15, 2018 4:01 PM
Sep 2017
Alenni said:
-Lofn- said:
Cause I eat anime for breakfast. I choose what I want to watch. And I want to see what will happen to Kakegurui.

So basically you want to sit through another season to find even more reasons to dislike something you've already disliked so much. I understand now.

Well, they apparently gotta have some way to keep the anime community's toxic levels sky high, and doing that is one of the usual ways.
Feb 22, 2018 8:13 AM

Jun 2010
I think the first season was so simple and boring so the 2nd season can't get any worse. Wecan expect Jamabi to play with the student council president again and win, no surprise there. :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2018 10:47 PM

Oct 2010
if theres romance it'll be good, if there's no romance it'll be the same garbage shit as season 1 which was pretty dumb - no stakes and some made up out of thin air games that made no sense whatsoever and came out on the fly lmao btw

the art was good and the girls were good but the whole overly dramatic gambling when in reality its so stupid is just wrong
lots of music -
Oct 11, 2018 10:54 PM
Jul 2018
It's yumeko. Everytime i see her, my hand moves unintentionally ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 18, 2018 1:54 PM
Feb 2017
I didn't really have any major problems with the first season. I'm kinda hoping they don't make original content for it because I feel like that will turn out bad...Anyways I'll give it a go I guess.
Dec 30, 2018 7:55 AM

Dec 2016
Ok, let's fly to the future to see if it will be good or not.
Jan 8, 2019 6:22 AM

Jan 2017
How much more infuriating can it get?
Jan 8, 2019 9:00 AM

Mar 2016
RebelPanda said:
More Kakegurui…

The poster makes this new season look surprisingly pleasant, maybe the second season will be a harem rom-com… But really, I hope it will bring something new to the table because the ‘gambling’ got stale after I realized there were no stakes. I wonder how they'll start it from the anime original ending.

MAPPA must not have much going on if they're making a second season so soon after the first. They sure took a lot on their plate last year, but even so Kakegurui turned out looking pretty good.

I didn’t love the first season so I’m hoping this new one will be a bit more thrilling to watch. Either way, I’m down for another season.

I dunno, man....I did enjoy first season, but the story felt like it needed more to it than what was presented. Idk with MAPPA, as they’re really hit-or-miss, though so far they look good with Dororo the other day.
Jan 8, 2019 9:49 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
After watching the first episode, it is the same thing, the same faces the same gambling stuff. They continue with the manga plot, so the original ending did not affect in anything. Will it be better than the first season, no, it will be the same.

Jan 9, 2019 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
will this have some sort of plot? I was really put of by the lack of any driving story in the first season.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 9, 2019 1:26 PM

Oct 2014
The consensus seems to be that it's continued the first season's trend of no palpable stakes, little motivation to care about the characters, a poorly built setting, and a formulaic story.What a shame. I was hoping they would have learned from the first season :(

I'm still going watch it for the funny reaction faces
Jan 16, 2019 4:32 AM

Aug 2013
As a person who read the manga, I will say that the content winds up getting a little repetitive so really if you've come for the lovely orgasmic faces of Jabami as well as the expressions of the characters in these situations then you're good. If you're expecting something majorly shocking from the story then you're gonna be disappointed. All I can say is, judging by the way the episodes are going so far, I'm betting on an anime original ending for this season.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 23, 2019 11:36 PM

Aug 2017
The first season is good.

So far, S2 is still good.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 24, 2019 9:01 AM

Mar 2016
3 episodes in and now I can say it. Worst than the first season already. I'll still probably finish it. Animation and background are much more consistent and the soundtrack is pretty dope. The rest either sucks or it's in the same level of the first season.
Jun 20, 2019 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
Just finished watching this and IMO it's a lot better than the first season.

A lot of people who hate this are too caught up on realism and the "stupidity" of the games. If you can ignore that, then you'll love this show.
Jun 24, 2019 8:09 PM
Jul 2016
Honestly. I was expecting to be disappointed but I wasn't in the least the suspense factor was still there along with a cast of even more despicable characters that you just can't help but love! Rei is my absolute favorite though the come back as a righteous revenge seeking Queen was absolutely unexpected but I loved it. And the original cast still all had their times to shine! Overall I give this a 10/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2019

81 by SheRebels »»
Aug 31, 2:26 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

148 by SenpaiTM »»
Aug 21, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2019

64 by kyledluffy »»
Jul 3, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2019

55 by kyledluffy »»
May 29, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

85 by kyledluffy »»
May 28, 9:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.