Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 10, 2015 7:58 AM

Aug 2013
Fantastic episode

Doffy is a badass
Feb 13, 2015 3:50 AM

Jun 2008
Lol, did he really just tried to control an admiral? Doffy seems to want his ass kicked. He just made everyone an enemy including the marines that worked with him until now.
Feb 20, 2015 10:34 PM

Jun 2013
I had a feeling Mingo survived because of his string power but i didn't guess he made a string clone.

holy fuck, with luffy getting decked right in the mug, pica rearranging parts of the island, the birdcage, and the plan to kill everyone on the island but not before having them hunt down the strawhats and friends(i assume), Mingo has proven that "Doflamingo is" and "fucking around" don't go together.
Feb 23, 2015 10:10 AM

Oct 2010
Apparently Doflamingo is a disciple of Nanto Suicho Ken.
Anyway, I can only imagine the 8 episode party after this arc
when everybody will be happy.
Mar 2, 2015 5:54 PM

Jan 2012
the fucking bird man is so devil

Mar 12, 2015 7:19 AM

Jan 2013
pufonD said:
For some reason i was thinking that the birdcage would slice everything into thin watermelon slices

Same here, going from the outside slowly to the inside crushing the "birds" or in this case every person on the island.
Apr 30, 2015 10:26 PM

Jan 2014
Truly too OP. Keeps on shaping up to be quite the confrontation.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 26, 2015 10:56 PM

Apr 2009
He knows how make a clone of himself made of his strings, a puppet string clone! I was thinking of Naruto elemental clones, hmmm what if the Logia users can make a clone of themselves based on their elemental powers or whatever, just like the Naruto shinobi. LOL

Looks literally like a birdcage, a very sharp bladed cage with the birds as murdering puppets. Non-stop action, yeah!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 12, 2015 2:35 PM

Jun 2015
Let´s get the Hunger Games started!! :P
Dec 28, 2015 12:08 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum doflamingo is stronger than i thought!!!!
Jun 9, 2016 9:44 PM

May 2009
Is One Piece gonna be THIS bad for the rest of the series?
Pacing is off, sound effects are terrible, animation sucks.
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Aug 7, 2016 2:27 AM

Mar 2015
Tables have turned, different dynamic now
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 26, 2017 2:08 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder where Zoro is lol
May 3, 2017 2:40 PM

May 2014
Okay, so it was a literal birdcage. I was not expecting that.

Y'know, someone told me Dressrosa was a tournament arc...I didn't think it'd turn into a survival game though lmao
This dude really is crazy!
Where does he even come up with these schemes?!

I'm guessing he's gonna put some rewards on the Straw Hats' and the remaining royals' heads and now everyone's gonna be trying to kill them.
Plus they'll probably end up killing each other trying to do so. It's a good plan, damn Doffy wastes no time!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2017 1:02 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Flamingo game, death game, start!!! it is a cruel game :/
Dec 18, 2017 11:00 AM

Dec 2014
I can't bring myself to hate Doflamingo. He knows how to start some shit.

Wonder how he's gonna deal with an Admiral though.
Jan 24, 2020 5:57 AM

Jun 2016
Magnificent episode. Firstly, Doflamingo showed us exactly how he survived and why there was no blood involved with him being decapitated. I did not give him enough credit. None of his family knew that he had created a string clone of himself, not even the clairvoyant Violet. He kept that secret and it served as the ultimate defense. Everything was going awry and enemies had invaded his palace and this was the best way to counteract any of their direct plans against him. Crafty bastard. After cutting the 3 buildings in half and guarding jet gatling with armament, he even used the puppet along with himself to combo Luffy, giving him a serious beating and remaining unscathed. Secondly, Doflamingo proved our worst fear to be true. The birdcage is damage control akin to something like a Buster Call. He’s surrounded the perimeter with a sharp cage and is creating a massacre even bigger than the night he usurped Dressrosa. This time there is no ending it early. No one lives. You can critique this plan, as Fujitora’s one goal here is to protect the citizens and thus we now have Fujitora 100% on the side of Luffy. Further, the unlikely ally Burgess is a possibility. He could potentially make a deal with Doflamingo, or play this game and try to kill Luffy, but there’s at least a chance that, with the flare flare fruit off the table, he may cut to the chase and try and take down Doflamingo as well. Yet, this was necessary for Doflamingo, he needs to make sure no one can tell a soul about the dark truth of Dressrosa, and further, he created a diversion to stop him from being the sole bad guy by feigning orders to kill or be killed. I’ll say it again, crafty bastard. It will also serve to possibly give his idea of humanities nature being cruel another layer when previous characters have challenged that idea.

Kicking everyone out to start this attack as soon as possible, Pica distorted the geography and this means that Doflamingo can focus on the two options he has left. Exterminating everyone and salvaging the factory. Having the birdcage up his sleeve as well as the puppet clone that no one knew about proves he’s had some great backup plans. And the whole montage of the birdcage overlapping the island paired with the intimidating track “Gold Lion Shiki ~Warning from a Legend~” made for a perfect prelude to a horrifying massacre. I was getting emotional seeing Doflamingo mock Riku about that night 10 years ago, at Doflamingo recreating such a horrific event, massacring people with no shame at all, and even early on when he nearly killed Kyros after he finally returned to the Riku family’s memories. He’s just so disgusting, albeit delightfully cruel, professional and intimidating with my favorite laugh in the series. But, he may have made one amazing mistake. As far as I know, Zoro may still be in the palace. If that is true then we can look forward to whatever the heck he is up to!!!

Also, Fujitora catching the dang string with his hand and quickly deducing what was going on was such a cool moment. And as someone mentioned, the idea of him closing the cage and slicing everyone in half is pretty horrifying.
Mar 4, 2021 11:45 AM

May 2016
Oh lordie, it's getting good now.
May 6, 2021 10:39 AM

May 2016
I wonder who the final fight's match-ups would be, hm.

I was expecting the razor-sharp birdcage to start closing in bit-by-bit but I guess that I wasn't creative enough! Trapping a whole island and having its people kill each other is one thing but Doflamingo turning the whole thing into a game makes it all the more twisted. I can't help but wonder about who the big-shots in that list would be aside from the obvious ones.

Aug 11, 2021 10:20 AM

Jun 2019
Things are getting more and more interesting...
Aug 27, 2021 12:04 AM

Aug 2021
Holy Fuck birdcage is devious
And the man he wants them to kill is mugiwara's ofc

This arc is too goood
Dec 16, 2021 4:15 AM
Feb 2020
This man Doflamingo is slowly becoming my fav villain. Also his birdcage and game at the end kinda reminds me of Kodoku (yes, I had to look it up).
Nov 15, 2022 12:09 AM
Nov 2022
ijopu
;ilo.ijoul;oiu;/
Dec 22, 2022 9:56 AM

Dec 2021
Doflamingo is such a badass villain, he seems unstoppable. This is getting really interesting.
Aug 21, 2023 5:32 PM
Oct 2019
Yeahhh Survival game?

Fck you Doflamingo 🤬
Nov 14, 2023 4:49 PM
Feb 2022
What a good power the bird cage is. A pitched battle is coming throughout Dressrosa. It's hunt or be hunted.

Spanish translation:
Que buen poder es la jaula de pajaros. Se viene una batalla campal en todo Dressrosa. Es cazar o ser cazado.
Feb 10, 7:15 AM
Jun 2023
hi.um idk it was one piece.
Feb 25, 11:16 AM
Apr 2023
BIRD CAGE!!!! Doflamingo best villain ever, but his plans are pretty bad ngl.
11 hours ago

Jul 2023
holy man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Eagle-Eyed Seer and the algorithm of IT corporates and social platforms

nirererin - Yesterday

35 by Vashke »»
9 minutes ago

» Big Mom makes no sense

Leon888 - Jul 16

40 by zewryn »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 678 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunyRem - Jan 17, 2015

144 by nirererin »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 677 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunyRem - Jan 10, 2015

125 by nirererin »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1112 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 13

112 by cchigu »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.