Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 17, 2017 7:37 PM
Nov 2017
I've had something on my mind that's been bugging me lately. I am an introvert however, I feel very indifferent about this for some reason.

I do have friends however I get criticism such as "I think too much" and stuff like that

What are your thoughts on introverts ?
Nov 17, 2017 8:23 PM

Nov 2014
Introversion is only a problem if you use it as some sort of justification for being a social.

Just as long as you don't shy away from the people you feel like talking to, and you're fine.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 17, 2017 8:29 PM

Dec 2016
It's fine if you're introverted. Just don't become a hermit or something.
Nov 17, 2017 8:29 PM

Feb 2013
No, it's a personality trait. You're kinda stuck with it. Spending time alone and in self-reflection is essential for everyone, just remember to get out.
Nov 17, 2017 9:15 PM

Oct 2017
No, its not just as long as you don't take it too far i.e go living in the woods, lol!!

I have a ton of friends. Most even watch anime and play games but I still prefer being alone.

But yeah, as soon as I start to feel lonely, I go to them or call someone and they come over.

Meaning, just don't shy away from the world, or it'll cause social problems in your professional life.

We can only have good tea
while we're alive.

Nov 17, 2017 9:20 PM

Jul 2015
Dude I'm pretty sure like 90% of the users on MAL are introverted so you're definitely not alone in that regard.
inb4 "but gemm-sempaii im not an introvert im extroverted i have so many friends!!!!!!!! !!! !!! !! 111"

β™”
caught in the wonder
β™”
Nov 17, 2017 9:26 PM
Nov 2017
Of course not. I tend to be introverted most of the time too and I like being alone. Everything is ok if you like yourself.
Nov 17, 2017 9:51 PM

Jan 2014
Lol I overthink everything. Nothing wrong with being an introvert.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 17, 2017 11:03 PM

Nov 2016
honestly no

just dont stay in your room forever, you should go out and do something fun

Nov 18, 2017 1:00 AM

Oct 2017
Nope.. not at all. I'm introverted too, there's nothing wrong with that
Nov 18, 2017 5:59 AM
Aug 2016
Not really, just don't sit in your mother's basement sorry for the whole day.
Nov 18, 2017 8:15 AM

Apr 2017
I'm introverted but I think that introversion is unhealthy and can cause a lot of deseases. I still try to get out of this demension (my room) tho.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 18, 2017 8:25 AM

Feb 2010
it gets bad sometimes because people tend to misuderstand your need for personal space as you disliking them, your not interest in daily conversations as being snob or cold person but my introversion very strong so dont know maybe its easier for other introverts if i would get a dollar every time someone says "i thought you dislike me" would be millionaire by now
Nov 18, 2017 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
What is bad to you?

Nobody tries to be who they are anymore but instead question how they go about things comparing themselves to retards who don't have a clue either.

How about this OP; you're not introverted; you've just set your standards for company a bit higher than average.
Nov 18, 2017 8:36 AM

Apr 2012
Nothing wrong with being introverted. Just don't spend all day in your room, but don't over do it. Because you can burn yourself out.
Nov 18, 2017 9:18 AM

Feb 2015
Nov 18, 2017 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
Introversion is alright, and many high achievers have this trait. Did you know the higher you go in level of education, the greater the percentage of introverts?

There's also subtypes like being an introverted-extravert (for ex: i'm an extraverted-introvert)

The problem lies in society/outside world valuing extraversion to a much greater extent, but that doesn't mean introverts don't have a place either. Keep doing you man don't worry about the opinions of those who don't matter to you
Nov 18, 2017 9:46 AM

Apr 2017
Yes, and you should kill yourself ASAP.

Joke aside, do not mistake being introverted with being shy, they are very different things, shyness is something you can (and probably should) overcome, being introverted is just what you are, that doesn't get changed.

I'm telling you this because I was very shy and had difficulties talking to people when I was in school and told myself that it was ok by telling myself that I was an introvert, and that was complete bullshit. Buy maybe you are just an introvert.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2017 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
It depends, introversion in itself is not always a problem, unless it's accompanied by some other mental illness like social anxiety that may be attached to it. For me, I have a constant anxiety when I'm in social settings. It's like my nervous system doesn't know how to respond accordingly in those social environments. Coupled with being the shy and introverted type, this becomes quite paralyzing and isolating. But introversion in itself, not coupled with any type of crippling anxiety or depression disorder shouldn't really be a problem, because introversion in itself does not take away the feeling of being 'normal.'
Nov 18, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2017
Dragon_Matthew said:
I've had something on my mind that's been bugging me lately. I am an introvert however, I feel very indifferent about this for some reason.

I do have friends however I get criticism such as "I think too much" and stuff like that

They are okay dude. You need to seek professional help though if you are starting to have social anxiety but based on your statement of having friends then i'll assume you are not in that stage yet. I think that is more of an ambivert. They prefer to be alone but has no problem making friends.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 18, 2017 4:28 PM

Feb 2017
Head_Hunter47 said:
No, its not just as long as you don't take it too far i.e go living in the woods, lol!!

That's actually exactly what I plan on doing in the future. Just get a plot of land and live off the grid if I can.
Nov 18, 2017 4:31 PM
Jul 2012
Dragon_Matthew said:

You should look at a list of famous individuals who were introverts. It's really eye-opening. I'm an introvert myself and it has its ups and downs, but it's not a disease. Just do your best at whatever you do.
Nov 18, 2017 4:32 PM

Feb 2017
Nothing wrong with not liking people, but just make sure that you don't give them a reason to not like you. Personally I have my "Collection of Idiots" and I never branch away from them. No point for me to do so. I just don't ever feel like it. You'll be fine mate just do make sure you have some close friends. You don't want to be completely alone. I hope.
Nov 18, 2017 5:21 PM

Sep 2012
It's not bad however it will make someone lonely
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Nov 18, 2017 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
valoon said:
It's not bad however it will make someone lonely

Awww.

...Awww, I never really thought of it that way. Well, too bad.
Nov 18, 2017 5:36 PM

Apr 2017
Gem said:
Dude I'm pretty sure like 90% of the users on MAL are introverted so you're definitely not alone in that regard.
inb4 "but gemm-sempaii im not an introvert im extroverted i have so many friends!!!!!!!! !!! !!! !! 111"

but gemm-sempaii im not an introvert im extroverted i have so many friends!!!!!!!! !!! !!! !! 111

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ πš–πšŠπš•'𝚜 CUTEST πš›πšŠπšŒπšŒπš˜πš˜πš—
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ADORABLE πš‹πš˜πš˜πš™ !
πš’ πš πš’πš•πš• KISS πšπš‘πšŽ πšŒπš’πš‹πšŽπš› πš›πšŠπšŒπšŒπš˜πš˜πš— !
Nov 19, 2017 1:36 PM

Jun 2016
No, being an introvert itself wouldn't be bad, it is how you act towards others and carry yourself that matter. Everyone has their own personality and if you feel better the way you are, it shouldn't be a problem. However, you might try to open up a little bit because there are things you'd only learn through interaction with others. And being more open could prevent some misunderstandings. Wish you luck.
Nov 19, 2017 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
Mmm its a problem only if it bother you..
i am an extrovert and i kinda like it :D dont hate what yourself for what you are
Nov 19, 2017 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
No – unless you use your introversion as an excuse for justifying unpalatable behaviours and attitudes. Introverts can experience more difficulty doing things that come natural to extraverts, and vice versa. Neither of them are inherently better than the other. I sometimes hear the we live in an "extravert's world," and I suppose that is true to some extent, but so what?
Nov 19, 2017 5:15 PM

Feb 2010
as a fellow introvert no were the one who rule the world behind the scenes
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 20, 2017 5:00 AM

Dec 2012
No, it is not. I'm introverted, and the only problem it has caused me is that I don't have a wide network of friends, but that doesn't bother me. I prefer having very few that I can trust.
You just have to be careful so that you won't end up becoming a recluse.
"A man wishing to be unhappy finds many ways to prove his course."
- Hundred eyes
Nov 20, 2017 5:27 AM

Jan 2016
There's absolutely nothing wrong with introversion, as long as you don't use it as an excuse to isolate yourself from everything. I hate to admit this, but I've fallen guilty of that as a fellow introvert.
Nov 20, 2017 5:50 AM

Aug 2014
Pretty sure most of us are introverted. We should all unite. Separately. From the comfort of our own homes :3

But yeah, I see no problem with being introverted. It can be a bit lonely sometimes, but that's why internet friends are sweet. You can spend time with them when you feel lonely and then when you've had enough and just wanna chill on your own, just disconnect :)
Nov 20, 2017 5:57 AM

Sep 2017
I think everyone here is introverted in some way, so there's nothing wrong. Hell i don't even go out except to see superhero movies alone.

More topics from this board

» You get teleported to the year 2077. Which body mods do you get first?

Commit_Crime - 9 hours ago

22 by MalchikRepaid »»
23 minutes ago

» Anime Overdose

OmBerry12_Bleach - Today

13 by xfwm4 »»
29 minutes ago

» How would you change the seasons?

Commit_Crime - Yesterday

27 by RainyEvenings »»
35 minutes ago

» 2024 Anime Conventions

GalacticWeiss12 - Sep 14

23 by RainyEvenings »»
37 minutes ago

» 2024–25 NBA season

deg - Jun 26

23 by RainyEvenings »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.