Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2017 1:59 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Dammit Ishida! What the hell happened to Kaneki off screen? How did Suzuya and Hanbee beat his ass when he was full Kakuja mode? Plus what happened with 0 squad, all those off screen deaths piss me off. Is this the last chapter of :re? On the bottom of the last page it writes "Next chapter, end credits" or something like that.
Oct 2, 2017 2:02 AM

Jul 2016
i seriously want to punch a hole into the mangaka. WTF! just happened.. a full-kakuja-mode kaneki lost to suzuya and hanabee.. please tell me this is a dream.. all dead? no hope for ghouls? seriously WTF!
Oct 2, 2017 2:03 AM

Nov 2010
There's still one chapter to go and I don't want to make any final judgements before then but has there ever been any other manga that has declined in quality as much as Tokyo Ghoul has between part 1 and 2? First page of the chapter was nice though and reminded me of part 1 if only just a little. Hide/Urie and Amon still have a role to play but I can't help but feel that most everything will get pushed to part 3.
Oct 2, 2017 2:04 AM

Sep 2014
Well, fuck me dead. Great chapter. Furuta called out that Kaneki wasn't able to overcome his vital character flaw, and tragedy repeats.

90% sure Furuta is bullshitting about Suzuya and Hanbee soloing Kaneki, since Kaneki conveniently lost his memories and was off-screened. Dragon must've appeared. Probably Shirazu. Suzuya was convinced to help because of Shinohara, Shirazu could've been for Haru.

Urie, Hide, Matsuri, and Marude haven't even appeared underground yet either, so I think there's a 20% chance this isn't as conclusive an end as we're meant to think.

Looking forward to what's potentially the final (two?) chapter of :re. Definitely getting a third series.
Oct 2, 2017 2:05 AM
Jul 2018
i swear, i don't even care if kaneki was slowly dying and growing old, he still shouldn't have lost that badly to SUZUYA. WHAT DID ARIMA KILL HIMSELF FOR? WHERE DO MY EMOTIONS GO FROM HERE? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL AFTER THIS? AAAAAAAAA
Oct 2, 2017 2:08 AM

May 2015
That was kinda anti climatic. But Suzuya and Hanbee are alive so I'm happy.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Ishida off'd Kaneki though I doubt that would happen there are still way to many loose ends and players.
Oct 2, 2017 2:14 AM

Dec 2015
And here I was thinking that TG has started turning shounen lately, Kaneki arrived and would save them all...but holy fucking shit was I wrong, I will never doubt you again Ishida-sensei, just don't show us anything fucked up next chapter...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 2, 2017 2:16 AM
Mar 2017
BEAUTIFUL CHAPTER
Oct 2, 2017 2:16 AM
May 2017
THIS IS (unironically) THE BEST CHAPTER OF TOKYO GHOUL THIS FAR!!
10/10
Oct 2, 2017 2:22 AM
Aug 2016
Holy fucking shit. I am speechless. Ishida is full of suprises that no one can predict.
Oct 2, 2017 2:23 AM
Mar 2013
i cant even with this series anymore. the decline in quality has been staggering.

if this is setting up a part 3, i think ill hold off on reading it until its finished
Oct 2, 2017 2:27 AM
Aug 2017
I don't know why I feel this chapter is amusing. It reminded me of what Kaneki said in chapter 1 that if he is the protagonist, his story will be a tragedy. Ishida is brilliant at torturing readers and full of surprises. At this point, everyone should have known that this is a tragedy, not a battle shounen.
Himawari9Oct 2, 2017 2:30 AM
Oct 2, 2017 2:31 AM

Aug 2013
Can we add "Comedy" tag to this manga now ? Cause i'm sure laughing too hard when reading this chapter.

And did Ishida really expect us to believe that Kaneki is dead for the gazillion times ? His boner for parallelism ruined everything
CainthazarOct 2, 2017 2:35 AM
Oct 2, 2017 2:32 AM
May 2017
Game over kaneki 😭😭😭, i thought he do something but damn that was painful defeat, what will happin to the next chapter ? I wonder
Oct 2, 2017 2:35 AM

Nov 2014
Even if this is all a big bamboozle, it's still shit.

How did we go from TG and the first 60 chapters of :re, to this? lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2017 2:39 AM
Jul 2018
and we still don't know who kaneki's dad is.
Oct 2, 2017 2:40 AM
Mar 2014
FUCK. FUCK. SHIT. FUCK.

How could Ken lose like that :(
Oct 2, 2017 2:41 AM

Aug 2014
WHERES REINFOCEMENT DAMMIT?

Are Squad O just going to fucking die like that?
Oct 2, 2017 2:43 AM

May 2015
WTF did I just read!?!?!? I don't mind tragedy, even though :Re was implied to have a brighter ending. My main issue is the fact that all this shit happens in one chapter! Literally NO TIME to process this! Ishida sets up this climactic confrontation, then offscreens Kaneki!? HELL NO! No reasonable explanation or anything... Way more f^cked up and enraging than the original TG ending. Regardless of what happens next chapter, this was the most aggravting shit I've read in a long time...

Oct 2, 2017 2:45 AM

Aug 2014
ImbalancedEmblem said:
WTF did I just read!?!?!? I don't mind tragedy, even though :Re was implied to have a brighter ending. My main issue is the fact that all this shit happens in one chapter! Literally NO TIME to process this! Ishida sets up this climactic confrontation, then offscreens Kaneki!? HELL NO! No reasonable explanation or anything... Way more f^cked up and enraging than the original TG ending

To be Continued on Tokyo Ghoul : Revengeance
Oct 2, 2017 2:51 AM

May 2015
Xaelath said:

Wouldn't mind that title to be honest lmao. Let the collective salt of this fanbase make this tile a reality!

Oct 2, 2017 2:54 AM

Aug 2014
ImbalancedEmblem said:
Xaelath said:

Wouldn't mind that title to be honest lmao. Let the collective salt of this fanbase make this tile a reality!

Hope someone doesnt start threating the author again.
Oct 2, 2017 2:57 AM

Aug 2016
Sighhhhh now im pissed off laying in bed and have class in 3 hours. God bro fuck you ishida WHAT DID I JUST READ
Oct 2, 2017 3:00 AM

Dec 2013
My brain turned off after reading that chapter.... HOLY SHIT!
Oct 2, 2017 3:02 AM

Dec 2015
UHMM WHAT THE F*CK JUST HAPPENED?????
IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE? I'M NOT LAUGHING ISHIDA! WTFFFFF?!!!!!!!

I really need a dosage of positivity after reading this, good thing Gintama S6 is out. gonna watch it now asap!

Edit: I think I've already calm down a bit... haha!
on a second thought, this is not the end, and I'm just clinging to every spark of hope in this chapter.
-Well firstly Kaneki is still alive. barely
-We don't know if Naki has really died.
-We still haven't seen Ayato, Urie, Hide, Amon, Akira and Taki.
-What about yomo and that mysterious guy he encountered? Uta
-The only characters who died are the two 0 squad kids (RIP beloved kids) but what about the other 0 squads?
There's still so many loose ends and I doubt Ishida will let it end like that. the possibility of part 3 is high.

The only reason this chapter pissed me off is the offscreen fight and Juuzo. The chapter escalated so quickly that I hardly able to process just what happened.
and I couldn't believe someone as clever as Juuzo could easily fall into the traps of Furuta. the hospital scene makes no sense now.
but there still one more chapter left so we'll see... though it doesn't change the fact that I'm still broken by this chapter.
QueenSapphireOct 2, 2017 11:38 PM
Oct 2, 2017 3:03 AM

May 2016
For fuck sake why did they cut the fighting scene it was a long awaited battle damn, someone needs to help Touka and watching Naki made even feel more depressed and those two twins that was too much.
Oct 2, 2017 3:10 AM

Nov 2010
This was .... simply awful. After months of stalling and cliffhanger endings we get to this asspull pos just because Ishida wanted shock value over actual storytelling. The new kid offing Kurona and Nishiki was an asspull. The classic "I know exactly what you will do in perfect detail" that Furuta pulled is quite deux ex machina like, just so he could rush the manga.
Oct 2, 2017 3:13 AM

May 2015
Zalmox1s said:
The new kid offing Kurona and Nishiki was an asspull.

Those were the 0 squad kids if I'm not mistaken? Still lost brain cells reading this tho...

Oct 2, 2017 3:21 AM
Sep 2015
reading the first few pages...(Yes I knew it was Kaneki....did naki die?? oh well)
reading on...(kaneki, suzuya & hanbee are ready to fight...oh yeahhhhhh)
reading the next page...(.....The brain has malfunctioned due to the unforseen circumstance...help needed..... .....)
trying desperately to read the rest pages (f**k everything....want to make a tragedic story??just kill the protagonist and his friends in the most desperate situation...the end...The brain has started to function again)
Thank you Ishida-sensei....
Oct 2, 2017 3:55 AM

Sep 2014
WTF was that?

Well let's wait to see the climax or Re: and then go for the 3rd manga series.
Oct 2, 2017 4:04 AM
Jul 2015
so this is the end. i am happy and not. i wanted him to lose, but not like this. i wanted him to get killed by Furuta, or by the clowns, or by any other stronger enemy.
and there remained so many open question:
- what happened to Hide? what did he ask from Urie?
- what happened with the first king? what/who were those "tokyo humans", Ayato met?
- what happened with Takizawa, Amon and Akira?
etc.
i want answers all my questions...
Oct 2, 2017 4:32 AM
Aug 2017
Zalmox1s said:
This was .... simply awful. After months of stalling and cliffhanger endings we get to this asspull pos just because Ishida wanted shock value over actual storytelling. The new kid offing Kurona and Nishiki was an asspull. The classic "I know exactly what you will do in perfect detail" that Furuta pulled is quite deux ex machina like, just so he could rush the manga.

Nishiki is still with Tsukiyama squad. Kurona's whereabout is unknown.
Oct 2, 2017 4:39 AM
Dec 2016
I am completely lost.

Firstly, the aratas mark 2 look amazing, as well as Kakuja Kaneki. Then apparently, Kaneki get completely destroyed, don't have much to say about that. But still, Kaneki should have been able to kill Hanbee at least.

Ishida didn't go the shonen route that people thought, so good for him. Not downplaying shonens, it is my favourite genre. Also it said, ending credits, is the manga being rushed or axed; I hope not, Young Jump should at least give Ishida time to finish the series.

I would still like some sort of explanation though.

And the final battle of ghouls vs CCG will begin now. Touka probably going to die.
nukerxero123Oct 2, 2017 4:44 AM
Oct 2, 2017 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
I have no words to describe my feeling.

Oct 2, 2017 4:43 AM

Mar 2015
Kaneki lost because he freakin' forgot everything Arima taught him! I think it's obvious that Kakuja doesn't mean jack shit if you can't think clearly. Dammit, he got outplayed. OK, well, this isn't over by a long shot. We've got the original OEK and Ayato incoming. We've got Amon incoming. We've got potentially Owl and Kurona incoming. Plus...we've got 2 fresh heads for Kaneki to munch on within reach. The question is how far is he willing to go...
Oct 2, 2017 5:01 AM

Nov 2011
I'd lol if there's part 3 with Kaneki's child. Tokyo Ghoul: Next Generation!

Oct 2, 2017 5:01 AM

May 2015
What the fuck was that? Offscreening the MC into a nugget? Is Ishida taking the piss? Ughhhhhhhhhh
Can't fucking stand Furuta. Can't remember the last time I've been this mad after reading a chapter/ watching an episode. Ffs...
Oct 2, 2017 5:02 AM

Apr 2015
THIS IS ALL JUST A DREAM!!!

Ishida you can't do this mannnn.

Like hell Kaneki will lose like that. -.-
Oct 2, 2017 5:03 AM
Apr 2015
Kaneki is like Arima with kakuja...Who can defeat the hell out of him ?

Well Suzuya and Hanbe..Fuck.Fuck.Fuck

And who the hell is this ?
hpsthemaskedmanOct 2, 2017 5:09 AM
Oct 2, 2017 5:07 AM

Aug 2016
Well.... fuck
that was some chapter there...

And whats with the "Next issue: End Credits"? Did I miss something? Like was it known that the manga will end next week?

Anyway if it ends, I wonder how it will play out with all those characters that are still in play (Uries Squad, Takizawa, Amon, Mado, Provison Squad, Ayato etc....) or will we get another continuation?

However if next week is like the total end for real Ishida better find a way to conclude it properly, I mean yeah TG is no battle shounen and I dont expect no classic Happy Ending, but just killin everybody off (after OFFSCREENING Kaneki) can't be a proper ending I feel...
Oct 2, 2017 5:07 AM

Oct 2013
I'm speechless

This chapter would have been perfect if Ken wasn't offscreened
Oct 2, 2017 5:12 AM
Oct 2012
Christ, people complain about predictable and happy ending things, but they also complain when something dark happens.
Oct 2, 2017 5:20 AM
Aug 2016
I prefer an off-screen defeat over wasting a whole chapter on ununderstandable panels full of shitty fight scenes.
Oct 2, 2017 5:20 AM
Apr 2015
Acernos said:
Christ, people complain about predictable and happy ending things, but they also complain when something dark happens.
no one expected this. It's too dark.There is no light there (lol).
And wtf next chapter is End Credits..
Oct 2, 2017 5:22 AM

Nov 2014
Acernos said:

I don't care that it's a dark ending (although Ben Kaneki will surely survive for part 3 lol), it's just that the execution was poor.

A shitty ending to what has been a shitty manga for a while now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2017 5:39 AM

Jul 2015
nukerxero123 said:

Ishida didn't go the shonen route that people thought, so good for him. Not downplaying shonens, it is my favourite genre. Also it said, ending credits, is the manga being rushed or axed; I hope not, Young Jump should at least give Ishida time to finish the series.

I dout the manga is getting axed or rushed, the sales are great. IMO This probably means that we'll get a part 3.
Oct 2, 2017 5:55 AM
Oct 2017
Well, just read the chapter and I really dont know what to thunk about it tbh. I mean Kaneki dying (being defeated) isnt a big deal to me, i kinda wanted it, but not like this. Here It just look like that Kaneki never evolved, he never managed to accomplish what he wanted to (protecting his people). There I just feel like the ghouls will all die and in the end it looks like the whole thing that I thought about humans and ghouls coexisting, wont happen which was in my opinion the best way to end the manga. (even though it could involve kaneki's death, for peace)
Oct 2, 2017 6:12 AM

Feb 2011
This is getting silly
Oct 2, 2017 6:15 AM

Jul 2013
Eto will make her appearance in the final chapter, calling it now
Oct 2, 2017 6:28 AM

Jan 2010
Me at the previous chapter:
I don't care about Kaneki I don't care about Touka!! HINAMI DOENS'T DESERVE TO DIE!!! I'LL FUCKING RAGE IF KANEKI KILLS SUZUYAA!!!!

Me:

asdghfkad WHAT INT THE WODFL EVEN HAPPENING WT *UGLY SOBS*

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU HIDE
TG:RE SEQUEL IS A MUST NOW. I EXPECT HIDE TO LEAD TG 3RD SERIES AND SAVE WHAT'S LEFT OF KANEKI. HE STILL HOLD THE BIGGEST MYSTERY AND IF NEXT CHAPTER GONNA BE THE END OF TGRE WITHOUT EXPLAINING ANYTHING ABOUT HIDE AND HIS TERRORIST GROUP THEN A SEQUEL IS GUARANTEED
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.