Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2017 2:45 PM

Sep 2014
the hype was real!
And the emotions of these two where really strong!

Was actually expecting the explosion to push both out. But Mydoria wouldn't be capable with these injuries in the next round anyway.

Also we "finally" saw how bad endeavour wants to beat the number one! makes me wonder why he still is considered a hero with the amount of crap he has done at home.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 5, 2017 3:00 PM

May 2015
Zapredon said:
That last explosion is so epic that I came so hard my ball went dry.

You came only one time. Pathetic. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 5, 2017 3:17 PM
Apr 2016
That was the episode where I broke and went to read the manga :D
Jun 5, 2017 3:58 PM

Jul 2015
@SenpaiJay98

Will we get to see

Jun 5, 2017 4:00 PM

Jul 2015
terminador_2397 said:
@SenpaiJay98

Will we get to see

Yeah, and maybe the arc after
Sup...
Jun 5, 2017 4:26 PM
Jun 2017
This episode was pure HYYPPE!!!
Jun 5, 2017 4:31 PM

Jul 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
terminador_2397 said:
@SenpaiJay98

Will we get to see

Yeah, and maybe the arc after

Oh ok cool thanks.
Jun 5, 2017 5:44 PM
Jul 2016
FlamepriesT said:
ttcchen said:

"I can't put into words how retarded that is."
It's because that's you. You're not Izuku. You cannot relate to him because he's a quirkless nobody and wants to be a hero so bad yet everyone tells him "no" simply because he doesn't have a quirk. And here we have todoroki born special, has a powerful quirk, and he rejects part of it. It's a total insult to izuku, who's born with nothing, who's fighting against todoroki, who's born with everything and isn't giving his all. besides, winning a battle when ur opponent isn't at his 100% wouldn't look good on u. remember, the tournaments is for u to show urself to the hero agencies. just by winning wouldn't get you that. look at hatsume mei, she lost, but im sure many support companies are gonna fight for her and her "babies". besides, izuku wants to become a hero who saves people, not saying anything about todoroki's problem doesn't suit him. but u wouldn't understand because you cannot relate to him.

It's not like I can't relate to how much effort it took him to become a hero. If there's one thing I admire in life, it's definitely the determination it takes to accomplish major life goals. And it doesn't stop there, because I'm also incredibly analytical, just like Deku when he was watching the show. I mean, just read my previous post for crying out loud, that much should be obvious hehe. What I can't relate to is how stupid Deku's decision is despite everything I said above.

The issue isn't the fact that he wants to help the guy. Deku proves his point by pushing Todoroki to a point he can't win without his other powers, which is fantastic. But then, he decides to go out of his way to convince him [i]during[i/] the match for no good reason.

He could have easily taken advantage of Todoroki's stubbornness to win when he reached a point he couldn't fight anymore, then said the same things right after the match to make him realize he's chosen the wrong path, which would be obvious enough already even without him saying.

The battle did look like a spectacle at the end of the day, but it was already a huge confrontation even before Todoroki decided to go all out. You can't say Deku would have looked bad by winning here, that's just so wrong I can't even begin to describe it. And this certainly wouldn't have been the only fantastic battle in the tournament for him. So no, I don't think the logic cuts it.

-Swish said:
If he used his full power to land a punch, he'd of kill him.

Landing a punch like he did is not only a lot more dangerous, but also less effective. But he did get close enough to land a punch, so instead how about fucking grabbing Todoroki and throwing him away with enough strength that he wouldn't be able to avoid leaving the ring? Far less dangerous, far more effective.

Or maybe knock him out like a boxer by hitting him with a moderately powerful uppercut, although it's easy to argue that it wouldn't suit the series even if it's logical. Anyway, that's beyond my point. I wasn't talking about how he could have won per se. The issue is that he lost because he was trying prove a point AND convincing his opponent in the middle of a match, rather than prove his point by outclassing him to a point he couldn't win with his mother's quirk alone, then not giving him a chance to recover and convincing him LATER.

Dude..Deku was destroiyng himself during the match, he dont have control of his quirk like Todoroki has, he cant do anything more than those blast that just were pushing away Todoroki who still can resist it, theres no much he could do because he had limited chances and if he goes all out from the beginning most likely straight ups kills him, Todoroki was already very stubborn with no using his other side, even looks like he didnt cared if he loses because of that , so theres no case for Deku keeping doing that. Thats why Deku got mad at Todoroki in the middle of the match which end up in telling him his things, and those words reached him to the past with his mother, and thats how he was able to realize it and finally release his fire. At the end Deku may have lose the match but at the same time he win his purpose.
Jun 5, 2017 6:30 PM

Jul 2008
this episode is epic!! 10/10
todoroki is <3
Jun 5, 2017 9:23 PM

Feb 2015
I didn't know what to expect at the beginning of the battle, but it went up in arguments and power so well that left me astonished. At the end, Deku lost, but his victory was to make Todoroki use something near his full power, obviously using his fire side.
Deku tried to defeat him in an intelligent way, trying to analize him in battle as much as possible, finally showing Todoroki that he'll need both sides and that final impact.
OMFG that final impact was so amazing in animation, Studio Bones did it very well, I almost cried watching that master piece of scene.
Jun 5, 2017 11:03 PM
Jun 2017
Kirito-Dragneel said:
This episode was so amazing!The feels and the soundtrack is just so aaaaargh. I'm seriously considering reading the Manga which I don't really do a lot of.

wait for season to end bro, actually i might even tell you to just stick with the anime.
Jun 6, 2017 12:28 AM

Nov 2014
FlamepriesT said:

It's not like I can't relate to how much effort it took him to become a hero. If there's one thing I admire in life, it's definitely the determination it takes to accomplish major life goals. And it doesn't stop there, because I'm also incredibly analytical, just like Deku when he was watching the show. I mean, just read my previous post for crying out loud, that much should be obvious hehe. What I can't relate to is how stupid Deku's decision is despite everything I said above.

The issue isn't the fact that he wants to help the guy. Deku proves his point by pushing Todoroki to a point he can't win without his other powers, which is fantastic. But then, he decides to go out of his way to convince him [i]during[i/] the match for no good reason.

He could have easily taken advantage of Todoroki's stubbornness to win when he reached a point he couldn't fight anymore, then said the same things right after the match to make him realize he's chosen the wrong path, which would be obvious enough already even without him saying.

The battle did look like a spectacle at the end of the day, but it was already a huge confrontation even before Todoroki decided to go all out. You can't say Deku would have looked bad by winning here, that's just so wrong I can't even begin to describe it. And this certainly wouldn't have been the only fantastic battle in the tournament for him. So no, I don't think the logic cuts it.
I don't see where izuku convinced him. It's not like he was telling todoroki "use it! use your fire side!" he only argued that "it's YOUR power! Don't refuse it!" He was, like u said, pushing him, not convincing him. Todoroki ended up using his power because he realized izuku's argument is right and that's his power and he should use it.

FlamepriesT said:
-Swish said:
If he used his full power to land a punch, he'd of kill him.

Landing a punch like he did is not only a lot more dangerous, but also less effective. But he did get close enough to land a punch, so instead how about fucking grabbing Todoroki and throwing him away with enough strength that he wouldn't be able to avoid leaving the ring? Far less dangerous, far more effective.

Or maybe knock him out like a boxer by hitting him with a moderately powerful uppercut, although it's easy to argue that it wouldn't suit the series even if it's logical. Anyway, that's beyond my point. I wasn't talking about how he could have won per se. The issue is that he lost because he was trying prove a point AND convincing his opponent in the middle of a match, rather than prove his point by outclassing him to a point he couldn't win with his mother's quirk alone, then not giving him a chance to recover and convincing him LATER.

i have to agree with you here. why didn't izuku do an uppercut and end the fight? or just throw him out of bound? (that may be because while throwing him, todoroki can touch his arm and use ice to stop the throw, but an uppercut is different). or maybe it's because deku's been watching his hero all might punching enemies in the face and guts all the time so he didn't know Uppercut is a thing and a convenient way to knock someone out? i mean, he's been copying all might's smash and smashing opponent in the face and gut every single battle so far.
and also, maybe izuku wasn't thinking of a way to win quickly, but rather to win the argument with todoroki.
terminador_2397 said:
@SenpaiJay98

Will we get to see

obviously, if you have watched the preview for the next episode.
ttcchenJun 6, 2017 12:33 AM
Jun 6, 2017 3:22 AM

Jun 2016
This was fuckin amazing. This fight was everything I wanted it to be. In the end I wanted neither of them to lose. Great stuff!
Jun 6, 2017 3:27 AM
Jul 2018
Zapredon said:

I noticed the lack of a plural there. My condolences.
Jun 6, 2017 3:55 AM

Aug 2008
Sangaz said:
Zapredon said:

I noticed the lack of a plural there. My condolences.

The other one got busted when Kagami use true zone against Rakuzan.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 6, 2017 5:46 AM

Dec 2014
i've read the manga before s2 came out and i was really excited for this arc, and i already knew it was going to be great with a heck ton of character development and stuff but the animation quality is REALLY bomb that it outdid the manga, which is quite impressive for an already stellar manga series...

20/10 for kaji yuki doing his best voice as todoroki

hello, hope's peak academy
Jun 6, 2017 5:50 AM

Dec 2013
finally get to see it animated!! this has to be one of my all-time favorite anime episodes <3
Jun 6, 2017 8:45 AM
Jul 2016
HMMM so very-very interesting battle todoroki vs midoriya (deku)
NEXTT!!!
Jun 6, 2017 11:58 AM
Sep 2014
Fantastic episode! I love how Midoriya helps out his "enemy" during their battle by making Todoroki realize he is his own person and his father cannot control who he is now. He made him embrace his other half and accept himself for who he is, which made the battle significantly more intense and more difficult for Deku to win, but still gave it his best anyway, even though his body couldn't take it anymore.

I'm glad that Todoroki was able to acknowledge Midoriya's intentions and thanked him in the end :')
"Crying doesn't mean you're weak. Enduring doesn't mean you're strong." - Hai to Gensou no Grimgar <3
Jun 6, 2017 1:01 PM
Sep 2016
Wait, Cementoss tried to break up the fight, and AFTER he did Midoriya lost. Wouldn't this be a draw then? Is it not that the fights over once the judges determine it's over? Cementoss blocking the attacks (albeit failing) should show that the match was already over, yet Todoroki wins afterwards.

Also, for some reason I was expecting Izuku to blast Endeavor when he started coming down and yelling.

Also, a fight with Izuku and Todoroki against Endeavor would be awesome..
Jun 6, 2017 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
I WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT THE HELL I WATCHED!!!! HXH? BEAT ME! THAT ISNT CLOSE THIS MASTERPIECE! My score bumps from 9.25->10.75/10

I usually believe that haters are allowed to hate anime, but hating this anime means your wasting your life time haters! This episode is the defination of Masterpiece what Bones have ever known for!

(hmm, looks like I went far :D actually I watched after a long time hence this was hell fun especially those who already read manga might not find this episode so exciting.Yeah, spoiler hurts us a lot)

I really hope BKAs2 will reach beyond 9 rating, but those critics stresses too much for anime so blame them for destroying our Mal's system! :(

Looks like next episode is a fun episode. I am especially interested to see how our Deku will react after he woke up! He really chilled us up, so no need to fight anymore :)
Our best shounen MC forever :)

removed-userJun 6, 2017 7:34 PM
Jun 6, 2017 7:32 PM

Apr 2009
I AM SCREAMING!!!!!!!

PLUS ULTRAAAAAA
Jun 7, 2017 7:30 AM

Mar 2017
Wow!!!!! What a match. This is definitely the best episode 10/10. I knew this match was going to be amazing but DAMN. And Deku just keeps proving himself. Now I'm sure that this Anime is going to be renewed for a third and even fourth season.
Jun 7, 2017 12:19 PM

Apr 2016
Yeeeeeah,

i was so hyped for this fight/episode and it was so fantastic.
I really like the way todoroki wins.

Let's see how long it takes until deku can fight again.

PLUS ULTRA
Jun 7, 2017 12:21 PM

Sep 2013
The thing I learned in shonen shows like this is, whatever fans formulate a scenario for their charas to win, it is ultimately going to be as planned by the mangaka. If even genius fighters can get fooled by naruto and get Rasengan'ed, predicting is futile.

Tbh, i'm finding this arc to be too cheesy and dragged on.
Jun 7, 2017 4:40 PM
Jul 2012
rinneganfire4u said:
The thing I learned in shonen shows like this is, whatever fans formulate a scenario for their charas to win, it is ultimately going to be as planned by the mangaka. If even genius fighters can get fooled by naruto and get Rasengan'ed, predicting is futile.

Tbh, i'm finding this arc to be too cheesy and dragged on.
To be fair they have alot of characters and this is a festival arc and it's not really long compared to most shonen battle series that have similar arcs.
Jun 7, 2017 5:52 PM
Feb 2015
WOOOHOOO SO HAPPY THAT SHOTO WON!!!!!
Jun 8, 2017 12:07 AM

Nov 2009
I really liked that Deku lost. It's very consistent with Deku's character and the general message the anime has been giving: that the most important thing about being a hero is saving others. We've already seen it before when Deku tries to save Bakugo, then Ochako against the robot, and again trying to save All Might against the villians. All Might even spells it out during the episode wondering if Deku is trying to save Todoroki.

Plus I love it when an anime puts spotlight on other characters, not just the main one. It was a beautiful moment when the soundtrack started and Todoroki's fire activated.
Jun 8, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2013
O h my...i'm f*** speechless xD This was incredible! It was so emotional and epic, the whole episode was a fight! Definitely a 10/10 for me.
Midoriya fought so well, and all that power! But it was pretty obvious for me that Todoroki was the winner, still, they managed to deliver a 10/10 episode!
Would be great if Todoroki just punched his father xD Btw i don't understand...the purpose of being a hero is to be a "good guy" and help everyone, so how Todoroki's dad can be a hero? He is a total d***, he should be unemployed xD
Can't wait for all the fights to end, oh and btw, i think that in the last fight Midoriya won't lose.
10/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 8, 2017 4:34 PM
Jun 2017
AnimeJunky said:
This episode was the shit!!! That fight had me on the edge of my seat. It doesn't matter who wins or is stronger cause Deku is a true hero. He always puts others before himself and that's what makes him the winner in my eyes. Also, Endeavor is a sorry piece of shit. How is he even able to be a hero after what he did to Todoroki and his mom!?

Famous people get away with these sorts of things. It's also unlikely to be reported or noticed IRL, and Endeavour, being a very popular hero, probably has enough connections with the police that even if her mother dialled 911 (or the Japanese equivalent,) they probably brushed it off because "the number two hero can't be a bad guy! He's just kinda tough on his kid because he wants his son to follow in his footsteps! What a Dad!"
Jun 9, 2017 2:39 PM

Sep 2010
Easily one of the best fights I've seen in awhile
Jun 10, 2017 1:02 AM

Aug 2014
FlamepriesT said:

It's important to understand why Deku fights at all. To be honest, Deku's character doesn't really lend itself to a tournament arc, because of his absolute genuineness as a hero. In his earlier fight he made his victory necessary because he needed to prove himself, and now he's fighting not to prove himself so much as to prove his ideals.

The fight between Deku and Todoroki is a physical fight, but it's also an emotional and philosophical battle between their philosophies. Deku's philosophy is that people can become who they want to be and are not defined by their birth or quirks (or lack thereof). This stands in direct contrast to Todoroki's intense inner struggle to deny his father's quirk because he feels that acknowledging it turns him into something other than himself - that it would define him as following in his father's footsteps. In this way, Deku and Todoroki's philosophies are opposed to each other as perfectly as fire and ice. The battle for Deku (and for Todoroki) isn't about a physical victory so much as a moral or philosophical victory. Deku doesn't want to just "beat" Todoroki, he wants to defeat his way of thinking. This is why he doesn't just defeat Todoroki in his moment of weakness, instead pushing him to the edge to acknowledge his powers as his own. For Deku, the fight was a complete and total victory. And, for the Todoroki of the past, it was a complete and utter defeat.

Todoroki may have won the physical battle, but Deku won the philosophical one.
MatorJun 10, 2017 1:06 AM
Jun 10, 2017 9:07 AM

Apr 2015
That was some hardcore stuff. I hope Boku no Hero Academia becomes the new famous long-episode shounen show like Naruto and One Piece. It'll be a shame if it ends early. We need more.
Jun 11, 2017 2:24 PM
Apr 2014
Hmm as nice as it was executed I really disliked what Midoriya was doing. That basically cost him the match... He is too nice for his own good -.-

Even if he couldn't have fought another match with those injuries he could have at least won the match before talking some sense into Todoroki.
Jun 11, 2017 4:42 PM

Jun 2008
Oh wow.

Bones.

Cried so much during the episode. So emotional. And that animation.

I'm seriously speechless.
Jun 13, 2017 5:18 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was simply impeccable. A masterpiece.
Jun 13, 2017 6:06 AM

Jun 2013
shit that was intense
Jun 13, 2017 10:07 PM

Mar 2014
I already knew the outcome from the manga, but that was just FLAWLESS. Their final attack gave me chills it was so wonderfully animated! And every time Deku kept using his broken fingers I couldn't help but flinch each time.

phantomfandom said:

Hey, Where did you get that body from?
Where did you get that body from?
I got it from my DADDY
I got it from my DADDY

chokes lmao nice PSY reference xD
Jun 17, 2017 9:43 AM
Apr 2017
That yutaka nakamura outburst😍😍 blew my mind at the end
Jun 17, 2017 9:44 AM
Apr 2017
That yutaka nakamura outburst😍😍 blew my mind at the end...watching the scene u realise the presence of god😂😂
Jun 18, 2017 1:49 AM
Jan 2015
seems like i was not the only one who was shaking from excitement ...

Amazing episode
Jun 18, 2017 8:26 PM
Aug 2016
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT
Jun 20, 2017 11:19 PM

Jul 2012
Probably in the minority, but the dimming took me out of it for a bit. Can't wait to watch the blu-ray of this :D Still an great episode with amazing animation, nonetheless :O

Now that Todoroki is willing to use his left side, it's hard to see Bakugō winning, but I'm interested to see how it'll play out.
Jun 21, 2017 2:10 AM

Aug 2012
If it wasn't for Rakugo, this would easily be my favorite episode of the year. Shonen perfection.

*Edit*

Ended up writing a lot more about this on LostinAnime so I'm going to copy & paste that over here . . .

"I loved everything about this. My favorite character in the series switched three times this episode (Todoroki for his interesting dilemma and characterization, Deku for constantly being one of the best depictions of the spirit of heroism [and this was definitely the most heroic thing he's done so far], and Bakugo for the depth he's showing more and more of [It kinda warmed my heart that Bakugo actually took the time to explain all that to his classmates, I wouldn't have pegged him for that type of guy early on, especially since he basically voiced a weakness of his to them all] and also that video game character). The sakuga was just, flourishes like that remind me exactly why I love animation and Bones so much. Another thing I love about Bones, is how they framed this episode as the epic culmination that it was. Like, saving the episode title for the end, especially for what the title was it made it seem like the match was just the origin of Todoroki's new found perspective, instead of just, "origin" because his backstory is featured. Not only did they give the title dual purpose but I love that they also removed Deku's opening speech that they played like every episode prior to this one. It instantly made the episode feel special and I loved it."
TerrestriousJun 21, 2017 2:33 AM
Jun 24, 2017 7:13 AM

Jul 2013
Man that was an awesome fight. I wanted Deku to win but when Todoroki finally unleashed Ace's power I knew he's gonna lose and it makes sense cause Endeavor is only second to All Might and he's only got fire but this kid's got fire and fuckin ice as well while Deku's only been using 5% of his power. This is a great development for both of them.
Jun 24, 2017 1:41 PM

Sep 2015
Now that was a fantastic episode. It goes without saying. Everyone's been saying it. I really don't need to throw my two cents in. But what a pay off to all the tension they've been building with Todoroki's story. What a genuine and emotional climax. What absolutely stunning animation. And what a completely shocking end. As if this arc didn't remind me enough of the Tenkaichi Tournaments in Dragon Ball. The hero loses albeit practically by fluke. Can't wait to see Todoroki fight Bakugan, This shows really converted me with the excellent start to its second season.
Jun 26, 2017 10:10 PM

Mar 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Anti-Venom said:
Why did you wrote it twice?
I guess it was meant to be a reference to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrG4TEcSuRg

No it was this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XomQLhjCYYk
Jun 29, 2017 5:47 PM

May 2017
Kirishima's va should voice hentai

Anyways, that was the best battle of this entire series so far, I hope we get more epic battles like that, I was at the edge of my seat
It was really too bad that Deku held back, if he didn't, it could have been a victory on his end
Jul 6, 2017 5:16 PM

Jan 2015
I just finished this episode and i'm super confused, unless I missed something or misunderstood what was happening.

How did Midoriya lose????? The fight was INTERRUPTED by that rock dude hero and the female hero.

In my opinion, the fight should've been a draw or simply cancelled/stopped or something due to the INTERFERENCE that was CLEARLY intending to stop the fight midway, but then after the smoke clears, they continue to declare a winner AFTER they clearly interfered with the result of the match. And Midoriya didn't even try to win, instead he just tried to save Todoroki the entire fight.

P.S. - Best episode so far, I just didn't like this above^^
Jul 6, 2017 6:09 PM
Jun 2017
Bruh! I was like on the edge of my seat!!! Toradoki vs Deku I was rooting Deku
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

192 by TheStarscream759 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

201 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 24, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2017

199 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 21, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 21, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

288 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 15, 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.