Forum Settings
Forums

What makes an anime character cute for you?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 1, 2017 7:07 PM

Apr 2015
Loli with gothic lolita dress and sadistic personality and preferrable red eyes of course
Apr 1, 2017 7:31 PM

Dec 2016
I'd say the tsundere/cat ears/loli

I find all 3 irresistible
Apr 1, 2017 7:38 PM

Dec 2016
Someone should combine almost all of those qualities and draw a realistic person. That would be extremely terrifying.
Apr 1, 2017 7:57 PM

May 2015
The colours

The astonishment

The reactions

The moves

The black and white

The clothes

The pose

The shading

The hand in front of the mouth and a subtle laugh

The attitude

The smile

The stare

Them curves
zalApr 2, 2017 1:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 12:15 AM

Oct 2015
Wide head
No nose; preferably not even drawn
Derpy/klutzy
Eyes that are almost perfect circles
Thicc eyelashes/brows
Short hair

Apr 2, 2017 12:18 AM

Jul 2013
The perfect art does it. Also their cheerfulness and abundance of energy are extra factors too. Everything else doesn't matter.
lol
Apr 2, 2017 1:45 AM

Feb 2016
Cute and cheerful personality and cute look.But Tsundere's with cat ears are really the cutest(boys the most).Tsundere's are sometimes pretty cute but with cat ears...I would melt.:3

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Apr 2, 2017 3:08 AM
Jul 2018
The typical chibi or loli is way too cute. It's more on the cringy side for me.
I prefer a little bit more ordinary, yet handsome, people, who are also looking like their age. I cringed so much at Madoka, because they look like they are eight year old kids instead of being teenagers.
A mix of personality, behavior, relationship with other characters, appearance and style makes them cute. X3

Spontanous examples

Girls

Boys
I think most guys I find cute, have also a sweet attitude and great personality... yeah and not bad looking either. xD

Apr 2, 2017 3:37 AM

Nov 2011
Well... that really depends on what kind of cute we're talking about.

The paternal kind of cute can be drawn out by little children doing innocent stuff children do, whereas a more general type of empathy can be drawn out by cute-looking animals, for example.

The attractive kind of cute is a lot more complex imo. Physical attractiveness plays a small part, but I think the majority of it has to do with personality. Usually there has to be an emotional resonance of some sort with said personality-- simply falling under a superficial label like "tsundere" or "genki" wouldn't do it on its own.
Apr 2, 2017 3:49 AM

Mar 2014
GAP MOE!! IT'S THE BEST. It's like a secret weapon a character could have that surprises you when you're off-guard.
Apr 2, 2017 3:56 AM

Apr 2017
It's all about the BLUSH.
Even without the cute/sexy or bishounen/ikemen art style, I still find some characters to be adorably cute. When they get embarrassed or get flustered is so NNNGGG MY HEART!! They look so innocent and vulnerable like AARRGG!!
Apr 8, 2017 10:50 AM
Sep 2014

I won't exactly call this cute but she is top waifu material... especially if you live in society filled with thugs and all. perhaps it is cute in a weird way.
Apr 8, 2017 11:14 AM
Mar 2017
Pity is one personality trait that can make a character seem more cute.
Innocence being another.
Now when it comes to looks, I like lolis.
Lolis are always the cutest characters in a show.
Especially if they wear a tiny dress.
You said:
Loli with gothic lolita dress and sadistic personality and preferrable red eyes of course

Kobato from Haganai maybe?
Apr 8, 2017 11:27 AM

Apr 2015
AyameTomoko said:
Innocence being another.
You said:

I like Kobato, but there's a lot of other characters I like more and this is the one I like the most. Best character design ever.

Apr 8, 2017 11:41 AM
Mar 2017
You said:
AyameTomoko said:
Innocence being another.

I like Kobato, but there's a lot of other characters I like more and this is the one I like the most. Best character design ever.

That's quite a big dress, lol.
Which anime is the sexy hot cute gothic loli in your profile and signature from?
Just curious.
Apr 8, 2017 11:43 AM

Apr 2015
AyameTomoko said:
You said:

Which anime is the sexy hot cute gothic loli in your profile and signature from?
Just curious.

pandora from puzzles and dragons,,
Apr 8, 2017 11:49 AM

May 2014
Usually not solely the appearance of a character tbh, so it has to be personality or mannerisms that make someone adorable for me. Oh, and the voice too! That plays a huge part- like if they have an accent or some sort of verbal tic, the cuteness skyrockets.

Cutest characters for me are prolly Joseph Joestar (SDC), Luffy (One Piece), Perona (One Piece), Kagura (Gintama), Killua (HxH), Gon (HxH).
Strawberrycake48Apr 8, 2017 12:03 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2017 11:54 AM
Mar 2017
Probably Mayuri. At first she scared the crap out of me for some reason.
I don't get what's with the eyebrows tho. I liker her dress a lot.
I guess nice clothes are it for me, cool boots are especially a +
Apr 8, 2017 11:57 AM

Nov 2016
Clumsiness can be cute. I don't know why, it just makes me want to help her out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2017 12:18 PM
Mar 2017
You said:
AyameTomoko said:

Just curious.

Hmf.
I thought it was an anime, but apparently it's a game?
Didn't expect that.
Apr 8, 2017 12:27 PM

Apr 2015
AyameTomoko said:
You said:

Hmf.
I thought it was an anime, but apparently it's a game?
Didn't expect that.
it has some anime adapatations but apparently she's still not there.
Apr 8, 2017 12:30 PM
Feb 2017
deathnoteguy said:
the tsundere

I don't think she's necessarily the best example of a tsundere but ok
Apr 8, 2017 12:59 PM

Mar 2017
For me its the design, personality and they way they react in situations. Misaka Mikoto, Kon from tokyo ravens and Mirai Kuriyama are a few i find really cute ^^
Apr 8, 2017 2:31 PM

Feb 2015
When they don't realise their own cuteness. I don't like "cute" characters that are trying too hard to cute.
Apr 8, 2017 2:42 PM

Mar 2014
Personality. Innocent without being an idiot. Funny without being cliche.
Kanna.
Apr 8, 2017 2:52 PM

May 2016
Glasses. Specifically rimless or semi-framed glasses, I guess half-eye glasses kinda get a pass too. In case of semi-framed (or half-eye) glasses, I prefer the frames to be on the bottom, which most anime got down. It's hard to say what's so appealing with the rimless glasses, but the simple and minimalistic nature makes it feel so pure and honest, almost innocent even. Framed glasses are fine too, but if you just put some crazy design on your frames and try giving your glasses more "pizzaz" for the sake of coolness, then what's even the point!? If your glasses don't speak to you on any level, or doesn't reflect what kind of person you are, then what the hell are you doing!? Glasses are, but just a mirror from which we can see your soul through, not seeing it just means that we can see your ignorance and incompetency. Choose your glasses wisely!

The material of the frames are also very important. Monel metal is a pretty popular choice since it gives a wide variety of styles and colors. But do not be fooled! These glasses are just popular because all the normies buy these glasses, since these glasses are for the lowest common denominator, and also for the shallow people who wants to look cool I mentioned before. And, according to wikipedia, monel metal consists of 67% nickel. I don't like nickel. Also it has silicon, so fake. My preferred material are shape-memory alloy or carbon fibres. Shape-memory alloy also has an alternative name: Smart alloy. Just like the name suggests it's pretty clever, but that's not all! It has all the same pros stainless steel has, plus with the added bonus of more flexibility and sturdiness. I love glasses that are smart AND can take a beating! Let's not forget the carbon fibre, the big mama, the primadonna, the himedere of the spectacle world. These are the toughest, most versatile glasses around, with the highest quality made with the latests of technology. Drop these babies of the world trade center and they'll be landing in one piece, they're like a pair of glasses made in heaven. Not only are they extremely tough and sturdy, they are also extremely lightweight. Making them feel like an angels feather between your eyes, blessing your every sneeze.

Of course, these are just the glasses I find cute, and would like to see more in anime. I'm not in any way saying that these are THE glasses you should wear, you should find your own glasses and wear them proudly. If you're proud of your glasses, you're proud of your soul, and in essence, yourself. Be confident in your glasses and never forget: Glasses is love, glasses is life.

orz
Apr 9, 2017 2:57 PM

May 2015
I_UNDERSTANDO said:
Glasses. Specifically rimless or semi-framed glasses, I guess half-eye glasses kinda get a pass too. In case of semi-framed (or half-eye) glasses, I prefer the frames to be on the bottom, which most anime got down. It's hard to say what's so appealing with the rimless glasses, but the simple and minimalistic nature makes it feel so pure and honest, almost innocent even. Framed glasses are fine too, but if you just put some crazy design on your frames and try giving your glasses more "pizzaz" for the sake of coolness, then what's even the point!? If your glasses don't speak to you on any level, or doesn't reflect what kind of person you are, then what the hell are you doing!? Glasses are, but just a mirror from which we can see your soul through, not seeing it just means that we can see your ignorance and incompetency. Choose your glasses wisely!

The material of the frames are also very important. Monel metal is a pretty popular choice since it gives a wide variety of styles and colors. But do not be fooled! These glasses are just popular because all the normies buy these glasses, since these glasses are for the lowest common denominator, and also for the shallow people who wants to look cool I mentioned before. And, according to wikipedia, monel metal consists of 67% nickel. I don't like nickel. Also it has silicon, so fake. My preferred material are shape-memory alloy or carbon fibres. Shape-memory alloy also has an alternative name: Smart alloy. Just like the name suggests it's pretty clever, but that's not all! It has all the same pros stainless steel has, plus with the added bonus of more flexibility and sturdiness. I love glasses that are smart AND can take a beating! Let's not forget the carbon fibre, the big mama, the primadonna, the himedere of the spectacle world. These are the toughest, most versatile glasses around, with the highest quality made with the latests of technology. Drop these babies of the world trade center and they'll be landing in one piece, they're like a pair of glasses made in heaven. Not only are they extremely tough and sturdy, they are also extremely lightweight. Making them feel like an angels feather between your eyes, blessing your every sneeze.

Of course, these are just the glasses I find cute, and would like to see more in anime. I'm not in any way saying that these are THE glasses you should wear, you should find your own glasses and wear them proudly. If you're proud of your glasses, you're proud of your soul, and in essence, yourself. Be confident in your glasses and never forget: Glasses is love, glasses is life.

I'm glad to see others share my fetish. Glasses are just so cute.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Apr 9, 2017 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
big eyes, small body and says desu every time they make a sentence.
Apr 9, 2017 5:13 PM

Jun 2015
moe blobs turn me on

or the opposite of them eg alektra maria von loverhenz
Apr 9, 2017 5:19 PM

Aug 2015
It depends on the character i think. Hard to give exact reasons why a character is cute for me.

Apr 9, 2017 9:20 PM

Jul 2016
They look like Pachira from Renkin San-kyuu Magical? Pokaan.

Apr 9, 2017 9:26 PM
Mar 2017
cute and sexy are basically the same thing( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» do you judge different animes differently ?

ame - Yesterday

32 by Shirayukin »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - Yesterday

31 by Tropisch »»
2 minutes ago

» When Iconic comic characters like Superman, Batman and Spider-Man become public domain

BLACKANGER - 7 hours ago

5 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » r/Anime vs MyAnimelist. ( 1 2 )

Makoto_Yuri - Apr 21, 2022

89 by CareBear »»
17 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - Yesterday

22 by Serafos »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.