Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2017 4:42 AM
Mar 2016
Wow, good episode ... i like that OP and ED, this series maybe a fun ride as i expected
Jan 6, 2017 4:45 AM

Oct 2015
I am glad they are adapting it well. So far so good and damn it does not disappoint at all.
Jan 6, 2017 5:18 AM
Jun 2016
Tokoya said:
Mariecat1 said:
Hahaha seriously? He plans to have revenge just because of that? His reason alone was hilarious but petty. Hopefully, this show will get better and i'm enjoying it anyways. :D Going to enjoy this Winter Season!
I don't think that it's that petty....As we saw in this episode, this chick is really cruel to guys and for a kid of his demeanor at the time (Being fat, and constantly picked on), stuff like that can really hurt emotionally

But I commend him for his drive to not only get her back, but to also better himself

Well come to think of it, being bullied was never good anyways. I guess his revenge is not only for Aki but also to the others who did him wrong and to protect the bullied. Also, maybe find a soulmate x)? A lot of us were bullied in some way or another and it would affect us in a way that revenge would come into question easily. Nevertheless, I agree that his drive would benefit him the most and it would also be a lesson to people that it's not yet too late to change for the better. 😊
Jan 6, 2017 5:31 AM

Apr 2016
OMG Saori Hayami as a trap this is better than I expected.
Jan 6, 2017 5:32 AM

May 2009
_Kairu_ said:
bastek66 said:

That realy only means that MAL's system is flawed and idiots are rating too fast.
Happens all the time, it's nothing to get butthurt over. Just take a look at the stats for Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale or Code Geass R3.

When airdate comes it will be like Haikyuu 3 in top 3
Jan 6, 2017 5:48 AM

Sep 2013
Spoil me one thing, about how many percent is Aki's chances to win this harem? I dont want this anime to betray me at the last minute lol
Jan 6, 2017 5:58 AM

Mar 2013
Man... Aki is a cruel person. Hope that she has a reason to be this way. As a person who was bullied in school, for me this was a bit painful to watch.
Jan 6, 2017 6:04 AM

Nov 2011
Erika___ said:
Spoil me one thing, about how many percent is Aki's chances to win this harem? I dont want this anime to betray me at the last minute lol

The girl in your avatar is Aoba from Cross Game right? *-* Anyway answering your question, I'm reading the manga (which in theory is going to end in 2 chapters) so...
Jan 6, 2017 6:11 AM

Sep 2013
gemanepa said:
The girl in your avatar is Aoba from Cross Game right? *-* Anyway answering your question, I'm reading the manga (which in theory is going to end in 2 chapters) so...

It's Kushieda Minori from ToraDora.
Jan 6, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
Erika___ said:
gemanepa said:

It's Kushieda Minori from ToraDora.

Or maybe I'm just a sadist lying to you just to see all your hopes being destroyed in some weeks. After all, it's what best girl would do

I totally forgot Kushieda played baseball. Also now that I remember better, Aoba has black air ;P Anyway, see you in the episode 2 thread
Jan 6, 2017 6:24 AM

Jun 2008
juliagatari said:
Man... Aki is a cruel person. Hope that she has a reason to be this way. As a person who was bullied in school, for me this was a bit painful to watch.

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jan 6, 2017 7:04 AM

Nov 2016
Let's see what happen next...
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 6, 2017 7:23 AM

Oct 2012
Masamune for his revenge plot and vanity and Aki for her hidden eating disorder and mean girl attitude are both hilarious. I find the way the school girls treat Masamune, because "he's hot", to be an interesting lens on society.
Jan 6, 2017 7:59 AM

Feb 2015
this series is like saying: "want to get girls fall in love to you ? hot looking body is the key!" and "girls only like boy with cute looking fate and hot body style, those outside that criteria can just die" something like that. and tbh, i hate that a lot. well in a case if i related that to reality tho. but if i only think about it one sided, i pretty much like it. although if i began to relate it, oh my god i hate this fucking shit a lot.

let's say "what if" it became a fact that girls in around the world, only like a guy that has a cute/hot face and a good looking body style. what about the rest of them which is outside the criteria tho lmao.

im done with relating that shit.
back to the story. i think it's pretty good. especially the backstory. but it would become more better if the mc was dating another girl at the present for example

cause, he hates the princess right ? then why not just date a girl and while on that, try to do your revenge to the princess. i think that would be a really good set up. that's imo tho.

looking foward to the next episode.
Jan 6, 2017 8:12 AM

Nov 2011
Tevens said:
this series is like saying: "want to get girls fall in love to you ? hot looking body is the key!"

To be fair, it's accurate and realistic. Leaving aside being famous for some random reason, in highschool the more good looking you are the more popular you are. In your tweenties it's not that important anymore but in highschool? Yeap, accurate

sbyrstall said:
juliagatari said:

Dude it's kind of wrong to spoil when the person didn't ask to be spoiled
Jan 6, 2017 9:16 AM
Mar 2016
Good first episode. We get a loli mom and a trap. Pretty generic so far but I'll just keep watching it for the good animation and backgrounds. Just feel like watching a harem since i haven't seen many.
Jan 6, 2017 9:22 AM

Jan 2014
Fantastic first episode. I really like the concept and am very eager for more.

Also that opening is catchy as hell.
Jan 6, 2017 9:26 AM
Mar 2016
Not bad for Ma-kun from loser to hottie.

So what do we have here:

A sister with a possible bro con, a little girl whom SURPRISE is Ma-Kun's mom, more like she a loli element here.

And do we have a cross dresser here, cu'z I could have sworn that Shuri sounded like a girl?

And we have a tsundere here as well.
Jan 6, 2017 9:40 AM

Mar 2016
gemanepa said:

NiallHoran said:
I liked the first episode, which I didn't expect. Wtf was up with that mom though haha so confusing, I thought she was a younger sister at first. I haven't found a favourite character yet because they all seem mean so right now I'm going with the mom.

One thing that bothered me was all the talk about food being high kcal/too much. Can someone who's read the manga tell me if this keeps going on for the whole show?

How that bothered you? It's kind of weird e.eU Anyway, to answer your question: yes because the main character is literally traumatized with his body mass

vanillaskynet said:
NiallHoran said:
One thing that bothered me was all the talk about food being high kcal/too much. Can someone who's read the manga tell me if this keeps going on for the whole show?

It does for the first half of the series but it doesn't get annoying

I didn't mean that it made the anime bad or anything, I just feel uncomfortable watching when it's mentioned a lot because I'm recovering from an eating disorder myself. But thank you, both of you! I'll try the next episode and see if I'll continue watching or give it another try later ^^
Jan 6, 2017 9:56 AM

Aug 2015
SeijiroUshio said:
_Kairu_ said:
Happens all the time, it's nothing to get butthurt over. Just take a look at the stats for Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale or Code Geass R3.

How about this one?
2017 is full of hype sequels after all...
Jan 6, 2017 9:57 AM
Jan 2017
I just missing nisekoi but it's look like madam une fill that part .just like nisekoi thus also harem genre and in future more girl will appear...
Jan 6, 2017 9:59 AM

Sep 2013
Trap, mom loli, imouto, b!tchy female mc and her hot friends, I can't wait for the doujins ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 9/10 just for that.

Jan 6, 2017 10:07 AM

May 2014
Holy crap! That was his mom?! WTF?! And a trap friend?! And a imouto?! This has like, every, harem cliche ever.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 6, 2017 10:08 AM

Feb 2015
seemed promising so far. Although of course there the cliche "the main girl has some sort of medical condition" thing. I can already see the harem forming lol.

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Jan 6, 2017 10:20 AM

Aug 2016
Read the manga and I say it was a really good starting for the series. Cant wait to see more

Set by SenpieX
Jan 6, 2017 10:37 AM

Sep 2011
Thanks for everyone who quote me saying it's not Ecchi/Harem, there was a few of you.
To the people who didn't read my original post, I have nothing against it but I was just curious on which
one it was as MAL and Anichart had different ones listed.

Can't wait for episode 2!

And I have grown to like the ED even more!
Jan 6, 2017 10:41 AM

Dec 2014
I liked it! I might drop it later since I picked up the manga. I really liked how the manga looks so I might read it instead of watch it.
Jan 6, 2017 10:46 AM

Mar 2016
ichii_1 said:
Trap, mom loli, imouto, b!tchy female mc and her hot friends, I can't wait for the doujins ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 9/10 just for that.

Wait this is a boy? I shouldn't be surprised since the mom's a loli but wow what's going on
Jan 6, 2017 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
The music and sounds were really nice. Always good to see. A nice angle at the usual high school type shows. Hopes it stays good
Jan 6, 2017 11:50 AM

Feb 2015
OP and ED are laughable and the amount of fanservice is not too bad, for now.
Masamune is pretty interesting protagonist and probably the main reason I'm watching this. I had read some chapters of manga forever ago but I recall I liked Yoshino a lot, so looking forward to seeing more of her.

Jan 6, 2017 12:31 PM
Oct 2016
its decent so far
will continue watching, seems kind of interesting
Jan 6, 2017 12:51 PM

Aug 2009
I'm not usually a critic, and maybe I got myself too worked up for this anime, too hyped, but you know, I thought it was just 'ok'.
Why?
The opening was sht.
The characters were sht.
The main guy is stupid.
Sure it was funny sometimes, but this seems just like any other rom com school harem show.
Jan 6, 2017 1:02 PM

Nov 2011
gemanepa said:

SoraSenpai said:
Please for the love of God don't end up with Aki.

Hahah give up all hope buddy, we both know how this is going to end

NO I REFUSE TO GIVE UP HOPE!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 6, 2017 1:10 PM

Feb 2015
gemanepa said:
Tevens said:
this series is like saying: "want to get girls fall in love to you ? hot looking body is the key!"

To be fair, it's accurate and realistic. Leaving aside being famous for some random reason, in highschool the more good looking you are the more popular you are. In your tweenties it's not that important anymore but in highschool? Yeap, accurate

sbyrstall said:

Dude it's kind of wrong to spoil when the person didn't ask to be spoiled

i hate to say it but i have to admit that is a fact in highschool
fuck highschool.
fuck those people.
Jan 6, 2017 1:11 PM

May 2014
That was fantastic dammit! :D
I don't know if I'd call it a good adaptation since it was quite different from the manga but all the essential scenes / the overall plot is there and I'm more than satisfied.
And the soundtrack... that amazing soundtrack! I hope they keep it up for the rest of it as well. Still wtf is with that clicheic OP?

EDIT: That was dumb of me... After rereading the first chapter I have to say it's an excellent adaptation :D
Hibiki07Jan 7, 2017 6:47 AM
Jan 6, 2017 1:19 PM

Jul 2007
A bit too much of redpill propaganda in this with all the implications over how "women DARING to reject nice guys are just the worst" and all the dumbing down of female interest into "they only care about hot people" and stuff.

On other hand both the leads are manipulative unlikeable assholes which creates nice chemistry between them.

Really unclear vibes for what is overall well produced show otherwise. Will stick for more episodes to see which side wins out in terms of writing.
Jan 6, 2017 1:25 PM

Aug 2015
Fai said:
A bit too much of redpill propaganda in this with all the implications over how "women DARING to reject nice guys are just the worst" and all the dumbing down of female interest into "they only care about hot people" and stuff.

On other hand both the leads are manipulative unlikeable assholes which creates nice chemistry between them.

Really unclear vibes for what is overall well produced show otherwise. Will stick for more episodes to see which side wins out in terms of writing.
I don't know who wins but audience will surely lose with this one,Writing quality keeps on decreasing .It will get worse by the end of this series.
Jan 6, 2017 1:36 PM
Jun 2016
This looks really good so far, I've come across the manga a few times but never actually ended up picking it up. Not sure if I liked the OP or ED, but everything else was good.
Jan 6, 2017 1:48 PM
Jun 2016
damn dude this ep was really cool looking forward to this anime is really good kinda like the history and everything :D nice nice Aki is pretty but not to mucho :D think im gonna read the manga
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2017 2:00 PM
Jan 2017
This show is so AWESOME!
I read the manga and I'm still waiting for the chapter with the ending (pls chapter 39) but already I really love the anime adaption. The music made me literally laugh...... and I really like the art
Jan 6, 2017 2:01 PM
Jan 2017
Well I think chapter 39 is going to be an important chapter at least
Jan 6, 2017 2:02 PM
Jan 2017
It's maybe the ending, it could be
Jan 6, 2017 2:17 PM

Dec 2016
Really was digging this first episode, I think if the show can balance some genuinely funny moments like this first episode did and hits home with some true blue romance later down the line, this'll be a pretty solid anime. I'm really liking Aki so far, she is an interesting character who has her flaws spelled out in the first episode which is always refreshing for me, oh and I actually like Masamune, easily my fave male character at this early point in the Winter season!
Jan 6, 2017 2:20 PM

Dec 2015
Nice episode. Finally some decent romance anime again. I hope the manga is going to end soon and they'll adapt everything in 1 or 2 seasons. (And hopefully the main char and the main girl will end up together. I like stories where both hate each other at the start end then later fall in love. Not many interesting other chars besides them so far.)

Is the younger sister really his mother lol? :D (At least looked like 2 sisters and she looked like the younger one. Ha ha.)
Jan 6, 2017 2:39 PM

Feb 2008
Seems nice. The premise, despite the age-old high school setting, feels quite refreshing. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of Masamune's revenge...
Jan 6, 2017 3:21 PM

Aug 2015
That was a pretty decent first episode. It wasnt really anything new, but I did laugh a few times and I felt like the episode was well done. Gonna stick with this one cuz legs.
Jan 6, 2017 3:31 PM

Dec 2010
I thought it was a decent first episode and I'll be looking forward to next week.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 6, 2017 3:42 PM

Jan 2008
Love this manga. It's nothing particularly special but it's really nice to have a simple romcom where the guy is actually trying to get the girl and not just waiting for story events. Shame the anime artwork isn't as cute as the manga though, especially Shuri.

Bonus points for loli mom. I hope they adapt the scene where his mom takes the protein drink.

Looking at the opening, seems like they're gonna adapt a lot more further than I had thought too.
PaulJan 6, 2017 3:46 PM
Jan 6, 2017 4:06 PM

Apr 2014
Interesting premise. Furthermore, in this first episode you saw first similarities (both Masamune and Adagaki grew up well-established and are popular in school) and differencies (the way they treet their friend, plus, Masamune had to "work" for his status, from Adagaki no hint so far).

I'm excited to see how it developes so far...
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jan 6, 2017 4:13 PM

Aug 2015
I'm not very fan of harem anime/manga.
But I found this first episode rather well organized and the characters resemble those of OreGairu (I have good memories of this latter)
I have never read the manga and I'd be curious to take a look at some chapters to see how the Masamune-Adagaki relationship evolves. Will they end up as predicted the "villainous" Masamune?

Great episode: 4/5
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» why has this anime recieved a low score? ( 1 2 3 )

Renaultclio101 - Mar 26, 2017

116 by swirlydragonfly »»
Sep 26, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2017

226 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 10, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

373 by DirtMcGurt36 »»
Aug 26, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2017

172 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 26, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2017

209 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 23, 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.