Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2016 2:56 AM
Nov 2016
I am really happy to see that they meet at last.I would have been sad if he wouldn't have turned back at last moment.
Dec 20, 2016 9:07 AM
Dec 2016
Allenwalker07 said:
I watched it because my friend kept boasting about it. I'm not much of a romance person, but the anime was pretty good. I felt like there wasn't much on romance at all, more on the plot, which of course was of them switching places and the comet. The anime was light, I feel. A soft cushion. Also, I noticed one thing about the anime. The diary/notes they wrote for each other when they were switched. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when they were switched, it's still the body of that time who wrote the note even if inside was someone else, so I don't understand why the notes disappeared when he reached the town. Shouldn't the note stay because he, with his own hand, wrote it in that time period? If she had died, then the notes he wrote in her place would have disappeared because duh, the town got destroyed. But she survived, so her notes should still be there too. Right? Someone answer me :)
When he was at the town, in that timeline, Mitsuha is already dead 3 years ago. So whatever she wrote while in Taki's body would not be there because the body swapping was never meant to happen. That's what I think! Omg you might be right, he did wrote it in his time line with his own hand. I'll go check it out! Ah the question is stuck in my head now!!
Dec 20, 2016 3:17 PM
Apr 2014
What happened to Sayaka? Did she make it? I didn't see her in the last scenes.

Anyway, good movie, but not extraordinary. How they didn't realize they were in different years, either from the phones or their surroundings (news, TV, other people, school), completely escapes me. Not mentioning finding out when and where I am would be one of the first things I'd do in such a situation.
Dec 20, 2016 5:31 PM

Feb 2012
(Saw the dub) after Mitsuha did the rice fermentation ritual. Did her sister Yotsuha say she could be in "AV videos" (actually pronouncing "AV")? Or did Yotsuha mean "ad" as in short for advert?

After the realized it wasn't a dream, how did they not notice the different years on calendars and phones?

I'm assuming Okudera got engaged or married to the guy that joined her and Taki on their trip to Itomori.

Speaking of which, was the fire Mitsuha's grandmother mentioned that cause the town to lose the meaning behind their rituals perhaps caused by a previous meteorite?Was the town even bigger then? And a similar thing happened during the first hit.

ZtifDlareg said:
I have a question tho. How does Mitsuha's father know that Taki inside Mitsuha's body wasn't Mitsuha? Was it because he's Mitsuha's mother's soulmate and he also experienced the body-swap-thing?
I expected him to say "Your mother had the same symptoms" or something.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 21, 2016 7:21 AM

Mar 2015
I didn't get 90% of what happened at the latter half when they were trying to prevent the comet from crashing and stuff but I felt the emotions. 9/10 For me.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Dec 21, 2016 11:08 AM
Oct 2014
To be honest, this Kimi No Na Wa anime movie is really different from any romance anime/manga I've seen. The story is absolutely 10/10. Unlike other romance animes/mangas, this one has great characters (what I mean by characters is the personality each character has), which rare to be found in other romance anime/manga. For example Haruto from Kimi No Iru Machi playing with his own feelings and made so many bad desicions, Ryuuji form Toradora act like coward and flustrated everytime (but still I love those series). But just one thing, the ending is totally made me kinda dissapointed. Not like other happy ending manga/anime, this one provides the "not completed" happy ending.

Seriously....

Y U DO TIS SHINKAI!? I mean... just why? Such a masterpiece needed a perfect ending also. Thing is it won't become less interesting or whatever it is if the ending were made just a little bit more longer. Well, that's just my opinion, I believe there are people who think the ending was satisfying enough.
yeaitsbenDec 23, 2016 5:54 AM
Dec 23, 2016 2:51 AM

May 2011
InvisibleShoe said:
Can someone explain why in the end of the movie both taki and mitsuha can meet each other? While in taki's timeline mitsuha is already dead?

Movie follows String Theory, not Multiverse theory
Dec 23, 2016 2:55 AM
Dec 2016
RockerXD said:
InvisibleShoe said:
Can someone explain why in the end of the movie both taki and mitsuha can meet each other? While in taki's timeline mitsuha is already dead?

wow, got it bro, thanks
Dec 23, 2016 4:00 AM
Sep 2016
SpoilerMan21 said:
I really want to watch this movie, but I can't find an English sub version anywhere. Are there any places to see it?

I found dis website to watch it http://9anime.to/watch/kimi-no-na-wa.nkll/9o6lq8
Dec 23, 2016 4:02 AM
Sep 2016
InvisibleShoe said:
RockerXD said:

wow, got it bro, thanks

And you will see in the end that people in the town survive and Mitsuha must of been one of them
Dec 24, 2016 10:36 AM

Mar 2011
i think because i've read a visual novel with a plot similar to this that i never really connected or felt anything from the movie. it's nice to know i'm not the only one that really likes the "romance-between-dimensions-with-random-bouts-of-amnesia" plot though :)
Dec 26, 2016 2:23 PM

Aug 2014
It was so marvelous...I rushed myself trough the end because the cliffhanger was too good
Dec 27, 2016 1:50 AM

Jun 2013
I loved this movie. The animation, pacing, everything. Honestly speaking, I was a little confused in the first five or ten minutes of the film because I felt like I missed something but turns out it was how it was supposed to be sequenced.

There were moments when it felt Anime-ish especially with the opening song and insert songs that honestly made me cringe. I know that many people love insert and OP/ED songs but personally I felt it was unnecessary for a movie. However, other than that, everything else was perfect.

I was a little confused with Tesshi and Sayaka, I thought they were siblings lol.
臭い-
Dec 27, 2016 3:42 PM

Dec 2015
Just finished and finally watched it. Tried to see this at a local cinema when it was showing but all showings were sold out
I feel like I've been on a major emotional rollercoaster. That was fantastic. Everything is heard about it and more. Stunning visuals. A great story and characters too. I was seriously going to rage if they didn't get together. When they were forgetting I was shouting at myself "don't forget! Don't you dare forget" I got seriously invested in that viewing I feel exhausted from it. Will need to go back and REWATCH tbough as I know lots of moments were out of sequence and made no sense but you brush it off. Second view will make more sense.
Dec 28, 2016 5:27 PM
Jul 2016
This would've been a 20/10 if the movie ended at the black screen, you know where. To go against the laws of time and nature to save that one person, to meet only once, to have that single, one-time experience would've made that story much more special, bittersweet and leave you deeply touched. Still, it was one of the greatest anime movies I've ever seen.
Dec 30, 2016 3:10 AM

Jan 2014
they keep using the smart phone which have date stat

XD did he/she not realize the year

ah maybe the "Dreaming" keep them from realizing that
Dec 30, 2016 6:50 PM
Dec 2008
I kind of wish the final body swap is permanent. That's what prevented a 10 from me.
Dec 30, 2016 8:28 PM

Jul 2013
Wow.....just...wow! I can't find the right words to describe this film! This film is so beautiful! One of the best anime films I ever seen! I'm glad the movie has a happy ending. All I know is that the director is known for making sad bittersweet endings.
Dec 31, 2016 6:57 AM
Sep 2011
Just saw it at the ICA in london, beautiful film <3
Jan 1, 2017 8:37 AM

Oct 2015
I have to say that it's a very original story! Even though I understood only half of it.
I cried very hard at the ending ;-;
Jan 1, 2017 10:19 AM

Mar 2012
Thought he was gonna do a 5cm ending with both of them married to different people and walking past each other
Jan 1, 2017 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
This was a very beautiful movie. It made me forget I had exams. It made me forget my surroundings. It made me forget me and this is how movies should be. It was an excellent choice to make Kimi no Na wa my first anime to watch in 2017. I was drawn to every bit of it.

I'd really love to rewatch it but it will be in HD because a movie like this can only be watched in HD.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 1, 2017 10:56 AM

Jun 2015
Barrys said:
desu_vult said:
This would've been a 20/10 if the movie ended at the black screen, you know where. To go against the laws of time and nature to save that one person, to meet only once, to have that single, one-time experience would've made that story much more special, bittersweet and leave you deeply touched. Still, it was one of the greatest anime movies I've ever seen.

Totally had that same feeling. I was kinda happy for the happy ending, but inside i knew an ending like 5 cm/s would fit better.

honestly I see it as the other ending version of 5 Centimeters per Second so you can't really complain you have the two endings
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 2, 2017 10:17 AM

Aug 2015
Just finished. DEFNITELY not late to the party. Good stuff. Good feel trip. Nice story. Nice animation. Nice panoramic shots. Nothing quite like a feel trip once in a while to boost your spirits.
Jan 3, 2017 7:26 PM

Jun 2015
Late to the feels party, but this made a good first anime for 2017. Cried at it, but I'm glad Makoto Shinkai spared us from a bittersweet ending.
Jan 3, 2017 7:40 PM

Sep 2016
quote from someone earlier "The core theme of Your Name is “musubi” – a word that describes coming together and growing apart, starting a journey and reaching its conclusion, and the ebb and flow of time and fate. It is a word that, perhaps, summarizes the whole of Makoto Shinkai’s stories on the topic of love and fate – it describes the insatiable urge to find the one you’re destined to be with, as explored in Voices from a Distant Star, and likewise the unavoidable flow of time that pulls people apart and leads to new beginnings, as in 5 Centimeters per Second. The topic of musubi dominates the story of Your Name, in a manner that makes the movie both coherent in its own plot and insightful in its approach to the standard “red string of fate” story." put perfectly as to what i was thinking while watching the movie that theme musubi really captivated me, and the characters are definitely amazing mitsuha and taki along with the supporting cast had me intrigued from the very start entangled with the everlooming supernatural factor of how the time space continuum works within the movie leaving us with many clues and mysteries, theirs so much more i could go on about but man kimi no na wa had me in every aspect of its creation shouts out to makoto shinkai and his directing prowess i've seen other works of his such as 5 Centimeters Per Sec and Garden of Words i also have to check out Children who Chase lost Voices, i could only imagine if he worked with ufotable to create the new Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel trilogy omga it would make him a god lmao
Facta Non Verba
Jan 4, 2017 9:44 AM

Apr 2015
Just saw it with my friends, extremely pretty and I largely had a great time- especially the sequence in the cave was, maybe not logically sound but just incredible visually- I did find logical faults which exceed even the limits of 'it's a miracle' explanations(which obviously aren't desirable neither), but I usually don't really care unless the faults hinder enjoyment so I just rolled with it. Maybe the backstory and exposition should have been slightly longer, as I think I could have got some more emotional attachment/immersement to the setting if that had been done. This one thing makes TLS marginally better just for me

Me as a critic might have thought that the film should have ended at 'that' scene but me as a person was begging Shinkai to do what he did, and I am thankful that he did this ending

Not a 10 piece and cynical people will hate it but worth a watch definitely, I don't score films on my anime scale but I probably will give it around an 8 if I did
LanzJan 4, 2017 9:54 AM
Jan 4, 2017 10:25 AM

Oct 2015
Omnia munda mundis
Jan 4, 2017 4:11 PM
Apr 2015
I think this show was amazing i went to watch it in the cinema and it was just WOW
i don't get the science behind it and even though its still bugging my brain i think it is definitely worth watching and if anyone understands the science please tell me.
it was so moving that at the end even cried and i have only cried at 1 other anime and that was sakurasou.

Jan 5, 2017 4:14 AM
Jan 2017
Was so satisfying to have a good ending after that comet buisness, that could have gone a different route if taki ignored her at the end ;0.
Jan 5, 2017 5:16 AM

Apr 2015
As I said I do like this a lot but where are the points to cry? I didn't sense any tearjerking moments
Jan 6, 2017 3:15 PM

Oct 2012
Super, super solid. It was nicely paced from beginning to end, had a strong, likable cast and a weird, but well developed and well realized plot. Was this really a Makoto Shinkai film lol? Just kidding, I still personally prefer 5cm per Second as its bittersweet nature was much more relatable to me and I may have found Garden of Words to be a more visually pleasing film, but if Your Name isn't Shinkai coming into his own as a film maker then I don't know what it is.

My only actual complaint would be the pointless anime opening at the beginning. It really takes you out of the fact that its a film and its annoyingly spoilery as well.
Jan 6, 2017 8:00 PM

Feb 2012
This movie is great, ez 10/10 for me. Probably the best romance anime ive ever watched, now to wait for the BDs so i can rewatch.
Jan 7, 2017 1:46 AM
Sep 2016
desu_vult said:

I would've died if the movie ended like that...
Jan 7, 2017 1:47 AM
Sep 2016
Just rewatched this in the theatre...yep, still 10/10.
Jan 7, 2017 4:12 AM
Jan 2017
Is there someone want this movie continue?
I really want it
Jan 7, 2017 5:56 PM
Nov 2016
desu_vult said:

I almost feel as if that was the original ending, but they decided to make it "happier" and add that last bit where they met. I too think that it would have hit harder if it ended there, but part of me is also relieved that it ended the way it did.
Jan 7, 2017 6:08 PM
Jun 2016
Gorgeous. Stunning. Above all, Perfect! Shinkai did not disappoint, not one bit. Except maybe I expected a certain something near the end. ;)
Jan 8, 2017 5:03 PM
Jun 2016
I'm going to cry right now. It´s been the most beautiful movie I' ve seen in a lot of time. I have no words to describe my feelings, but I recommend this movie to everyone. 10 out of 10!!
Jan 9, 2017 7:12 AM

Aug 2007
About the animation I have nothing to complain. Makoto's movies are always high quality in animation.

So... about the sotory, I like how the characters react with the discovery of the switching bodies. Romance is a bit forced. I mean, both charactrs didn't meet each other formally (only a few seconds) and then, boom, they fall in love each other.

I don't see why people like this move so much. Just because is Makoto? A romance anime with good animation?
Jan 9, 2017 10:15 AM
Nov 2016
minimiau said:
About the animation I have nothing to complain. Makoto's movies are always high quality in animation.

So... about the sotory, I like how the characters react with the discovery of the switching bodies. Romance is a bit forced. I mean, both charactrs didn't meet each other formally (only a few seconds) and then, boom, they fall in love each other.

I don't see why people like this move so much. Just because is Makoto? A romance anime with good animation?

I'd say it's because a lot of people connect with the theme of longing and the feeling of having lost something. Of course, the animation is also beautiful, and I think the characters are well-developed for a relatively short movie.
Jan 10, 2017 1:25 AM
Dec 2015
absolutely amazing anime! cant describe with words! wish it wasnt so frustrating to watch them walk past each other haha but good ending wish we saw a wedding or ring or something. Very good
Jan 10, 2017 7:14 AM

Aug 2007
mikario said:
minimiau said:

I'd say it's because a lot of people connect with the theme of longing and the feeling of having lost something. Of course, the animation is also beautiful, and I think the characters are well-developed for a relatively short movie.

Oh, that expains what I have questioning. SOunds credibe. Thanks. And about the characters, if someone is a good writer, you can make good charaxters and their development. I have no complain on this, only on the things that I mention
Jan 13, 2017 2:16 PM

Sep 2015
Just watched it in theaters without being spoiled (that was hard lol)
As I expected the whole movie was absolutly brilliant, especially the pacing because I wondered at beginning how can the body swap thing would last 2 hours.
The only thing that bothered me is that they didn't checked the year, I mean, they would have noticed easily with their diaries ... But nevermind, the chara development and those backgrounds made me forget it.
Also I was surprised to see Yukino here, at least I heard HanaKana once in this movie xD

10/10 because it's a movie and movies are always this good, space travel + body swap is kinda cliché though
Jan 16, 2017 11:34 AM

Feb 2016
And I thought Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo was dumb... I'm surprised.
Jan 17, 2017 3:41 PM

Jun 2015
10/10 this movie literally made me cry. beautiful art and connection between the main 2 characters.
Jan 18, 2017 1:42 AM

Oct 2011
Omg I loved this movie so much. thank god they met!!!! 😭😭😭😭
Jan 18, 2017 4:01 AM

Feb 2013
WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ; a ; //////////////// SO BEAUTIFUL ; a; ;;;;
✈️
Jan 20, 2017 3:02 PM
Dec 2014
Was wondering the hype was for this, kinda ignore it back in september but holy ****, this was moving and beautiful. I love this movie!
Jan 20, 2017 4:09 PM
Jul 2013
Kinda overrated much. well still a gud movie 8/10 (was 7 but superb art bumped it to 8). Warm beginning and funny moment of switching bodies, then kinda fail to make any sense at the beginning of 2nd half. The rest of story not bad (though many2 plot holes), climax is quite ok, ending kinda lacking impact for me. Dunno why it can be #1 top grossing anime moive and ranked 1 on MAL, but well gud for Shinkai. Overall i still think many ghibli movies are better than this.
Pages (28) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

JuliusKingsley0 - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

» How? ( 1 2 )

phantomgamer098 - Jul 18, 2023

50 by cl3dson »»
Nov 19, 2023 9:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.