Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 15, 2016 5:40 PM

May 2016
dipothebookworm said:
Zelkiiro said:
I have never made such a simple, fundamental mistake--everything I have ever enjoyed is pure gold.

Please, teach us your exquisite taste, senpai!

I will teach you only when you have mastered the Shinkenpatsubakumatsuhatsudatsu technique, taught by the mythical Bobcat Dragon Demon clan on the peak of Mount Hutsumakuhentakubenkai. If you need assistance, go ask Kenpachi Ramasama.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jul 15, 2016 5:43 PM

Jul 2015
It was the opposite for me with AOT. I hated it at first, but now I really like it. But I'd have to say Haikyuu. Everyone loved it and I loved it at first, but I can barely get through the 2nd season for some reason.
Jul 15, 2016 6:13 PM

Aug 2015
I used to hate Bleach at the beginning but now Im in episode 305 and it is interesting, of course not by the filler but I skip that
Jul 15, 2016 6:23 PM

Aug 2014
Animetropolis said:
I used to hate Bleach at the beginning but now Im in episode 305 and it is interesting, of course not by the filler but I skip that

Shame, since I thought the zanpakuto rebellion filler arc was great in my opinion but the rest of the fillers, aren't as good :). I would recommend going back and watching it after completing the show if you want to give it a try.
Jul 15, 2016 6:24 PM

Mar 2014
When I watched Mirai Nikki forever ago I thought it be a 10/10 masterpiece, best thiriller/psychological anime ever etc.. now I've seen a lot more psychological anime, thrillers, drama.. and so on I see it as pretty average or even worse than your average psychological show, it pretty much just thew every messed up thing it could into show and overloaded itself with no real good focus.
Jul 15, 2016 6:29 PM

Mar 2016
My opinion of anime doesn't change. If I liked an anime then I still do even if better ones show up. A numerical system can't do it justice. If I set one anime at a 10 and see one twice as good then I'd have to make that new show 10 and the older one a 5. That wouldn't adequately describe my enjoyment.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Jul 15, 2016 6:37 PM

Oct 2014
I'd say very little of my early anime experiences can retrospectively be re-considered as "bad". If pressed perhaps only the 2nd season of Shakugan no Shana deserved the downgrade I gave it awhile ago, SnS being a very early watched show for me.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jul 15, 2016 9:12 PM

Aug 2015
PatheticRanger said:
Animetropolis said:

Shame, since I thought the zanpakuto rebellion filler arc was great in my opinion but the rest of the fillers, aren't as good :). I would recommend going back and watching it after completing the show if you want to give it a try.

Oh I saw the zanpakuto arc! That was great filler
Jul 15, 2016 9:51 PM

Oct 2013
Yes that has happen to me as well, especially when I just started anime but not to the extend of thinking that particular anime is now "bad", more like it is not as good as I thought it was but still decent overall kind of way.

Also @op you gave snk a 5/10 which means you don't consider it a "bad series" but instead a mediocre/average series. I'm sorry, had to point out the contradiction there.
Jul 15, 2016 9:56 PM

Jan 2016
Well i watched Sword Art Online, called it a masterpiece, gave it a 10/10. Here i am almost a full year later, still think its a masterpiece and its still a 10/10 on my list.
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
Jul 15, 2016 10:09 PM

Jul 2015
I went through a Black Butler phase when I was 13. I thought it was amazing. It's not amazing.
Jul 15, 2016 11:18 PM
Jul 2018
keragamming said:
Also @op you gave snk a 5/10 which means you don't consider it a "bad series" but instead a mediocre/average series. I'm sorry, had to point out the contradiction there.
Well its only in the title and I'd prefer it if you would disregard that since it doesn't match the discussion.
Jul 16, 2016 12:02 AM

May 2015
I don't think Death Note is bad, but it's sure not as impressive as it used to be. I was blown away by its unique premise, but looking back it was just an elaborate cat-and-mouse game. It's a lot of fun, but nothing more than a thriller. There's nothing psychological or deep there.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 16, 2016 12:30 AM

Feb 2016
none. i didnt give a score until i finished watching more different anime
Jul 16, 2016 1:03 AM
Jul 2016
Title sums up the people who praises Re:Zero.
Jul 16, 2016 1:11 AM

Jul 2016
Manjix said:

I'm gonna get ostracized but I agree somewhat. I don't necessarily think Re:Zero is bad per say, but I feel like a minority when I say it really doesn't interest me at all.

Was it the shyness in my soul that made me lonely just like you? No one noticed I was there, when I walked into the room.

-Freddie Mercury
Jul 16, 2016 1:11 AM

Apr 2014
pokemon, thought it was a master piece, 10 years later changed my mind.
Jul 16, 2016 1:31 AM

Jul 2015
Does Tokyo Ghoul count? I absolutely loved the anime, but when I read and finished the manga recently, I realized how much the anime actually sucked compared to the manga.

caught in the wonder
Jul 16, 2016 1:37 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Everything. My cousin introduced me to anime, I thought everything my cousin did was amazing, so I thought all anime was amazing and tried my best to find shows exactly like the ones he showed me, which led to watching more anime. And more and more.

I stayed really connected to anime especially after he died and didn't start realizing that anime could be bad until I started creating things that I wanted others to take seriously instead of just keeping my works to myself. Because at that point I was no longer watching things with the intent of pure enjoyment; I needed to analyze every and any work in order to figure out what was good or bad.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 16, 2016 2:03 AM
Nov 2015
mecharobot said:
Probably something like Death Note, though I still think it beats the modern edgemeister shows. Ofc the reason was that it was every nerds wet dream: intelligent, people die and so on.

Yeah, when I watched it, I thought I watched the best show ever. I felt a little sad because I expected the rest of anime being shit or atleast half shit.
Jul 16, 2016 2:06 AM

Jun 2015
sword art online :/

i initially knew it had a ton of plot inconsistencies and a bunch of other issues from the very beginning but i still scored it high because why the fuck not
Jul 16, 2016 2:17 AM

Oct 2015
KingRequiem said:
I'm gonna have to say Naruto as well. When you're used to eating shit, even mud can look like chocolate.

tragedydesu said:
The opposite for me
I can't find better action than Snk

Look harder.

But boku no pico has better action than snk? It's already right there.
Jul 16, 2016 2:27 AM
Jul 2016
Rolfe said:
Manjix said:

I'm gonna get ostracized but I agree somewhat. I don't necessarily think Re:Zero is bad per say, but I feel like a minority when I say it really doesn't interest me at all.

My issue with Re:Zero fans is just basically how they over exaggerate how good the writing is when in reality it's just average at best.
Jul 16, 2016 2:39 AM

May 2016
I enjoyed Danganronpa: The Anmation, before playing the game that is.
I still don't think it's really *bad*, but heavily flawed, yes.

Other than that, I remember thinking that the Corpse Party OVA is pretty good. It is not, but the gore is done beautifully, and that was mostly what I was looking for at the time.

I also tried to force myself into thinking Ergo Proxy is amazing. I admit, it was beyond fucking stupid to even try.
Jul 16, 2016 2:43 AM

Jul 2014
I used to hold Elfen Lied in high regard when I started out as I loved the ideas and it was quite unlike anything I had ever seen. Nowadays I don't hate the show but I wouldn't call it well written. It is still somewhat entertaining though.
Take care of yourself

Jul 16, 2016 4:06 AM

Apr 2016
When I first started watching anime I thought Attack on Titan was amazing.
Jul 16, 2016 4:14 AM

Apr 2015
Black Bullet probably, but that's my gateway anime so I'm still giving it a 6/10.
Jul 16, 2016 8:25 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Never happened to me. My taste is timeless.
Jul 16, 2016 8:38 AM

Oct 2014
Mirai Nikki and Akame ga Kill! because I had just started watching anime.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jul 16, 2016 8:45 AM

Nov 2015
I used to think Toradora and Snk were the fucking shit.
I mean they're still pretty decent but toradora was fucking cringey at times, and that doesn't make for a good romance anime..
Jul 16, 2016 8:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well considering that SAO was one of the first anime I ever saw I guess that'd be one thing. But even though I can see the flaws much more now than I did then, it still doesn't change the fact that I loved it when I actually watched it, so my memories of it are pretty much wholly positive. So despite everything I still can't make myself give it a bad score
Jul 16, 2016 8:54 AM

Dec 2015
I vaguely remember a few years ago, praising the sh*t of out Kyoukai no Kanata and Another. I was like treating them like the best anime ever created and i kept on talking about it non-stop.

Looking back at it now, i realised just how many other anime there are that are way better than those two /:
i mean like, i still think those two are pretty good but not as good as what i thought a few years ago
Jul 16, 2016 9:01 AM

Sep 2012
No, never happend with me. I still think Princess tutu, Gungrave and FMA:Brotherhood are one of the greatest anime ever created.
Jul 16, 2016 9:01 AM

Jul 2010
Seikon No Qwaser was one of the first aimes I watched back in 2010 and at the time I gave it 9/10. Now for me it's a 4/10, if it was airing now I probably wouldn't watch it.
Jul 16, 2016 9:09 AM
Feb 2009
These can't be called bad but are over-rated in my list:
Code Geass
I really loved it and it would probably still be good but I'm afraid if I watched it again then I might have to lower the raiting a bit.
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - when I still watched anime just for action. Know I'd critizese the hell out of that plot.
BozzzzJul 16, 2016 9:14 AM
Jul 16, 2016 10:08 AM

Feb 2015
Well Mirai Nikki is still as good as when I watched it, only thing that has changed is that I'm more aware that other people hate it and think that it's shit.

It's fun and one of the shows I've enjoyed the most.

Masterpiece? Not really, unless I rank purely on enjoyment.
Jul 16, 2016 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
Kinda a cliche answer, but Dragon Ball Z and Naruto for me.

I thought these were really great shows and probably some of the greatest things ever, only for me to find out later in my life that they focused wayyyy too much on action/cool effects rather than actual character developments. Not to mention how filler-heavy both shows were at the time.

Now the only way I can kinda enjoy anything Dragon Ball related is with the original Dragon Ball manga & anime, and the TFS abridged series.
Jul 16, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2016
Gundam Seed and to a lesser extent Gundam Seed Destiny

See on YTV (Aka Canada's version of Cartoon Network, at least back in the day), they had this late night block called Bionix. It was basically Toonami but with more Canadian shows as well as anime. At the time I didn't really know how bad it was since I was around 7-8 and all I really cared about were the robot fights, I didn't even pay attention to the characters or the story.
Jul 16, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
Zelkiiro said:
I have never made such a simple, fundamental mistake--everything I have ever enjoyed is pure gold.

I like the way you put that. Ditto for me.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 16, 2016 1:37 PM

Jun 2015
Naruto, I was praising it to much, I don't say it's bad it's this popular for a fucking reason, but at that time I really was exagerating.
Jul 16, 2016 2:00 PM

Nov 2014
I thought Bakugan was cool as shit and the best show on cartoon network

Looking back I had (and still have) shit taste
IFFEH IUU BEHLIEBE EIT
NUHRUTOE NUHRUTOE
BEHLIEBE EIT BEHLIEBE EIT-IT-IT-IT-IT
HEURE AIE AHME WIETH MAI NEEINJUH KLAHN
NEEINJUH KLAHN
HEURE WEHH STAHNDD
NUHRUTOE AIEHME OUNE MAI WEYE
NUHRUTOE AIELLE BEEHE OUHKEYE
GETUH REHDEY TUH FHITE OUNE SAITE
GOUHUT MUHE BHESHT FREENDZ BAH MUHE SAIHDE
SAZOOKAYEH HEHZE RELYEH KEWHLE
SAHKOOHRAH DUH BEWTIHFUHLE.
Jul 16, 2016 2:16 PM

Jun 2014
Gotta be One Piece for me, I still can't understand how its fandom pulls in people from all ages when in my opinion the demographic for it shouldn't go past 14.
Jul 16, 2016 2:24 PM

Oct 2015
Monster its like i tought that its a masterpiece but after 5 episodes i said its ok maybe i ll continue watching it but when i finished it(heh finally ) i wanted to kill mysef.
the anime is so overrated
Jul 16, 2016 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
I've always been able to tell good from bad, merchandise-bait from narrative.
Sorry, some of us are just born with it m8.
Jul 16, 2016 2:27 PM

Jul 2015
Mirai Nikki. That was my 1st anime and when I first watched it, I loved it and afterwards, kept saying, "Mirai Nikki will always have a special place in my heart". Now though, I'm disliking it more and more. I don't specifically know why, but I guess it has to with the fact that so many people are exclaiming "Mirai Nikki is a GREAT anime", whereas I see differently, and how Yuki is still a bitch in my eyes.
Jul 17, 2016 1:14 PM
Jan 2015
Mirai Nikki, Elfen Lied, AoT and Tokyo Ghoul
Jul 17, 2016 4:14 PM

May 2016
Mouloudexe said:
Monster its like i tought that its a masterpiece but after 5 episodes i said its ok maybe i ll continue watching it but when i finished it(heh finally ) i wanted to kill mysef.

So how does it feel to be objectively wrong?

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jul 17, 2016 4:24 PM

Aug 2013
Mushishi. that shits boring as fuck. no idea how i tricked myself into enjoying it. too much weed most likely or maybe not enough?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2016 4:26 PM
Aug 2015
tragedydesu said:
The opposite for me
I can't find better action/fantasy than Snk

Tru. Very few series can come close to being as equally entertaining/batshit insane as they are clever. Although initially overhyped, I believe that AoT gets more criticized than it gets praise at this point.

shoujogod said:
but now I realize how shallow the plot and characters are. Also there was virtually no true character development. Just good action scenes and a nice ost

Underdeveloped characters? Maybe. Shallow? Barely, considering the circumstances.

Please define "shallow plot".
Jul 18, 2016 2:23 AM

Oct 2015
Zelkiiro said:
Mouloudexe said:

So how does it feel to be objectively wrong?

i don t even know why is everyone recommending it every episode is so boring this anime can be done with just 12 episodes i feel so disappointed for wasting my time watching it but i took my lesson very well
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does the chairudo with your waifu take after you?

SgtBateMan - 48 minutes ago

2 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
3 minutes ago

» do you judge different animes differently ?

ame - 5 hours ago

14 by ame »»
4 minutes ago

» Say, how does an anime look like on an HD CRT television from the early to mid 2000's or a rear projection TV manufactured around the same time period?

MaximumHolder500 - 3 hours ago

1 by alshu »»
8 minutes ago

» Which big name anime(s) were you late watching or still haven't watched?

IpreferEcchi - 4 hours ago

16 by Walter_White18 »»
9 minutes ago

» Why are there so many anime that start with the letter D and sound like complete gibberish

guoc - Yesterday

26 by yuckcrae »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.