Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (42) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2016 6:24 PM

Oct 2014
@Aurioch

Yet Act 1 Subaru went into slums to see what was going on there there in the time he was with Emilia before he died.

Because he didn't know what was going on there, and he was pretty new.

Yet Act 1 Subaru called Emilia "Satella" in the middle of the town square, drawing attention of everyone around them, and it got so close to him accidentally revealing to everyone that Emilia lost Dragon Stone.

It's the name she gave him

Yet Act 2 Subaru casually called the strongest mage in the country "a clown" and even tapped his back, even though he was warned before that Roswaal returned to the mansion.

well, he pretty much looks like a clown :p

it was still correct thing to do, at least from perspective of an observer.

We know why the Author is doing that.

Not to mention that during the scene at the castle, everyone was insulting Emilia about her being a half-elf and looking like the Witch. You've seen how he reacted before on such thing. And besides, if somebody was insulting someone you love, wouldn't you defend that person yourself?

As i said in a lot of posts, i have no problem with him standing up to Emilia against those sickos, but the whole Knight thing is the problem. It isn't what his Arc1/2Barusu would've done.

Jul 2009
Just wow. Rem is awesome, love her. And to think I hated her guts before because she killed Subaru.

Well Bele--that nasty Sloth guy licked Subaru's face and eyeball all I could think about is how Subaru needs to revive so that that nastiness would disappear. Like disgusting. But yeah what's Subaru gonna do now...

Also wtf was that wolf thing. Like damn, lopped off his head and said "Return to my daughter?" Who??

Aug 2015
Soul_22 said:
Puck is probably the witch . Why would it say my daughter

How does that even make sense?
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 10, 2016 6:25 PM

Jul 2015
Soul_22 said:

That's what Puck called Emilia remember he said this earlier in arc 1 and 2.

May 2011
juliagatari said:
DUDE WTF DID I JUST WATCH.

A noob in dark souls trying to cheese a boss with the red tearstone ring, but equipped the blue one instead

Dec 2013
Soul_22 said:

Because Emelia to be like a daughter to him. He clearly isn't half elf.
Jul 10, 2016 6:26 PM

Jul 2015
Tony_SansNom said:
Soul_22 said:

Didn't Puck call Emilia his daugher? I just wanted to make sure.
Jul 10, 2016 6:27 PM

Mar 2015
Wow this one seems to be ripped straight from Hellraiser! Wait, no, Hellraiser is much nastier. It's in the territory though, haha.

Great episode for sure. I wouldn't say the best (Emilia lap scene and Rem's smile still #1s), but easily the most exciting in the past month. I feel sorry for Rem loving a guy that is already in love with Emilia.

Elsa still A LOT scarier than Beejuice though, in my opinion. The ones that act so elegant and collected creep me out much more than the obviously insane ones. Not to mention she has a thing about gutting people and staring them in the eye with her twisted grin as they wither away.

That giant beast (Pakku?) definitely the MVP here. He made it easier for poor Sub to die quickly without having to jump again.

I don't remember what point of the story they are on though. After Subaru makes a fool of himself and gets his butt kicked by the knight, or before that? I need to go back and watch..I can't remember exactly. >_<
Jul 10, 2016 6:27 PM
Jul 2016
Yeah puck is probably the witches spirit ? Who knows . Why would it say my daughter
Jul 10, 2016 6:28 PM

May 2015
I know a lot of people are praising this episode for being super amazing and what not, but nothing really happened this episode other then a comical villain being introduced and Subaru's new goal for the arc. Otherwise it was really just a lot of violence to space everything out.
Soul_22 said:

Puck is not the witch. He said "my daughter" because he was referring to Emilia which is basically a daughter to him. He is an elder spirit and is saddened by her death.
Inugirlz said:

Also wtf was that wolf thing. Like damn, lopped off his head and said "Return to my daughter?" Who??

The big wolf monster was Puck. Emilia's death caused him to transform into a huge beast either according to a contract or due to his own grief. He most likely killed Subaru because the mansion was already frozen to death by Puck, and wanted to give him a painless death.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jul 10, 2016 6:28 PM

Aug 2015
terminador_2397 said:
Tony_SansNom said:

Didn't Puck call Emilia his daugher? I just wanted to make sure.

He called her his daughter in a few occasions. Pretty sure Subaru also called him "father" once, as in "father-in-law" though I'd have to verifiy this one.

But this is what Pack calls her, I don't think there is a blood-relation. I mean she's half-elf and he's a high level spirit.

Jul 10, 2016 6:29 PM

Jul 2015
Raven_Wingz said:
Wow this one seems to be ripped straight from Hellraiser! Wait, no, Hellraiser is much nastier. It's in the territory though, haha.

Great episode for sure. I wouldn't say the best (Emilia lap scene and Rem's smile still #1s), but easily the most exciting. I feel sorry for Rem loving a guy that is already in love with Emilia.

Elsa still A LOT scarier than Beejuice though, in my opinion. The ones that act so elegant and collected creep me out much more than the obviously insane ones. Not to mention she has a thing about gutting people and staring them in the eye with her twisted grin as they wither away.

That giant beast (Pakku?) definitely the MVP here. He made it easier for poor Sub to die quickly without having to jump again.

I don't remember what point of the story they are on though. After Subaru makes a fool of himself and gets his butt kicked by the knight, or before that? I need to go back and watch..I can't remember exactly. >_<

To help you out, it's after his fight with Emilia.

Nov 2012
WTH, that's Puck? Why would Puck lop off Subaru's head like that?
Jaywalker.
Feb 2015
I didn't blink once thru this 20min ep....
P-p-puck??...what happened?
Jul 10, 2016 6:31 PM

Mar 2015
@terminador_2397: ah, thanks.

I'm COMPLETELY confused why Beejuice called Sub "Pride". I hope that is explained SOON. Did Sub curse himself for being prideful? @_@
Jul 10, 2016 6:34 PM

Mar 2010
RainyRai said:

But nobody did, that's' point. One Subaru found about it and took several deaths to do under pressure of being killed by Rem. Nobody else had that luxury or chance.

In the current arc, new enemies do appear, and were unable to be stopped. Except they did not attack the huge castle filled with powerful people they attacked Rosswals mansion, filled with two strong people and three more who rushed there to help. Huge difference.

Roswaal is the strongest mage country, Puck s one of 4 Great Spirits of world, Betty centuries old spirits, the maids decently powerful oni and Emilia is skilled Spirit User.

They. All. Still. Died.

Being powerful does not mean your invincible. If a surprise attack from power opponent happens your gonna get killed. This reality of what is happening. THis not even taking the fact Roswall might not even been there at the time, one of maids responsible for security was with Subaru.
>subaru, emilia, felt and rom held elsa back
Which only happened through pure circumstance as Elsa didn't attack them until Emilia showed up, which allowed her and Puck to spring into action along with Felt and Rom. This is not something Subaru caused, it was pure luck. Subaru saving Felt has nothing to do with Reinhard's arrival, he arrived because of Subaru.

>nobody knew about the mabeasts

Yes, Subaru did suffer a lot to find out about the mabeasts. But as a whole, the only thing he did was draw attention to the issue. Your original point is that Subaru is the reason no one died ever.

>rosswall, beako, puck, emilia, maids died

No indication Rosswal and Beako died. Puck is clearly not dead. Emilia, Rem and Ram are the only ones that have been confirmed to die.

Your saying it yourself; the mansion was a tragedy because not many people were there compared to the mansion. Even if say Reinhardt got surprised gut attacked, there are still many knights there that would be capable of fighting and are now aware of the threat. Not the same as Ram getting jumped and then Emilia getting ambushed by the attackers by herself.

Ugh are you still seriously gonna keep making flimsy ass excuses and conjectures?

Listen dude this even acknowledged within the plot. Many people in cast would not be standing here if not for Suabru. He was key player in preventing tragedies of 1st, 2nd and now incoming 3rd arc by taking action with knowledge only he had access to. This is truth and what resulted in his recent behavior both terms of paranoia and self-entitlement. He was wrong to hold those debts over Emilia and should have try better to understand her POV, but his actions caused by stress and the attack on his self worth. This is fact.

I'm done with in this pointless circus argument. If believe the convenient fan-fiction in your head where this magically all lies and somehow the other characters survived those arcs on their own be my guest..
Iron_MawJul 10, 2016 6:38 PM
Jul 10, 2016 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
we had to deal through such a boring arc to give us something so amazing the amount of suffering has reached all new levels which made season 1 look like child's play seriously even though there was a lot of fucked up shit going on a part of me was thinking "not to worried as long as he doesn't get tortured we can reset" though that all most happened but luckily the chains got broken (guess Rem was able to live long enough despite every bone being broken).

also pretty messed up that both resets have been caused by Puck and that ending man...not even a cut to black could of just ended it right there like that

i do have to give a shout out to Matsuoka i said before i don't like his voice but his voice acting as Betelgeuse is really well done

another thing isn't his reset a little late? each time they've gotten there the cultist are already pretty much done wreaking havoc it would take some time to gather even more people than just those two.
katsu044Jul 10, 2016 6:43 PM
Jul 10, 2016 6:36 PM

May 2015
Epicenter said:

Because Subaru would have died no matter what. He was 100% going into the mansion, and because of Puck's power, going into the mansion would freeze Subaru to death. Lopping off his head is a more painless death. Puck was being merciful.

atsushi-kunn said:

Emilia died and Puck has flipped out due to grief, and potentially according to a contract they made.
Raven_Wingz said:

I'm COMPLETELY confused why Beejuice called Sub "Pride". I hope that is explained SOON. Did Sub curse himself for being prideful? @_@

It's most likely that Beejuice is one of a group of leaders in the witch cult, and that group is based on the Seven Deadly Sins(Beejuice is sloth.) He might have called Subaru pride because Subaru has a lot of the witchs scent on him, giving him the potential to be the last member.
-Rainy-Jul 10, 2016 6:45 PM
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jul 10, 2016 6:39 PM
May 2015
When he first died I was "oh crap did that really just send him all the way back to arc 1" and then I let out a sigh of relief

Then at the end when Rem commented about the smell on Subaru's face I thought she was talking about Betelgeuse's saliva from when he licked and then I realized it was witch miasma
Jul 10, 2016 6:39 PM

Nov 2015
The voice acting of each character is too awesome for this episode especially Subaru.
Jul 10, 2016 6:40 PM

Jun 2014
Best episode of Spring 2016 and anime of 2016 so far. Class act, WhiteFox. Sorry I doubted you.
Jul 10, 2016 6:40 PM
Dec 2015
This episode of Re:Zero felt like it was ripped out of a movie! This was phenomenal, magnificent and all the other words which would show this episodes greatness and the fact that it makes you feel nothing but awe! From the beginning of the episode to the ending of the episode the excitment curve stayed constant, it did not go down and the only reason it did not go up was because tere was no way it could have gotten even higher! Whenever I watch anime or a movie or anymedia that has background music or sounds and dialogue over it it usually flies over my head and all i hear are voices but this! BUT THIS!
The ending where the giant erupts fom the you know where i noticed the music, in all its haunting glory and grim undertones that made this episode feel like the finale to the series! No lie, this episode certainly could have been the ending episode to the series but fans would be raging for a season 2 and i know i already want that! Definitley buying this anime on blu-ray if it comes on it. For all fans of Boku no Hero and everyone else who said it ws the best anime this season (well, last season) i have to disagree with you on that one, Re:Zero was severly underestimated this season and I am here to sing songs of its praise!
The Art, the Music, The desperation you found in each of the characters through the stellar directing, and all the emotions conveyed through the angles that blew your mind, this episode of Re:Zero will be difficult if not impossible to surpass by any anime this season or even by its next episodes. "Go to sleep...along with my daughter." *Tears were shed!* REM is top girl this year!
Jul 10, 2016 6:41 PM

Sep 2015
meh i am ready to see emilia die this ep but she gone "sleep"

subaru already broke (or not) on 1st dead and need lap pillow again
and then die while carry rem body

subaru is now being rebuild with insane of hate watching everybody die

just who the hell is that big wolf (?) beast calling somebody there daughter (emilia's mother? stella?) and calling subaru late
Into the Internet!
Jul 10, 2016 6:42 PM

Mar 2010
terminador_2397 said:
@Jagd84

Is it true that Subaru is going to have a save point later on that really puts him in a rough position? That's what a had been hearing about earlier from LN readers so i wanted to know if it was true or not.

He's already in that position but:

NOBODY ELSE READ THIS
Jul 10, 2016 6:43 PM

Jul 2015
Raven_Wingz said:

The way I see it, the archbishops are seemingly named after the seven deadly sins. Mr. crazy from today's episode is sloth,and he called Subaru pride which was another one of the sins too.
Jul 10, 2016 6:45 PM
Feb 2015
RainyRai said:
Epicenter said:

Because Subaru would have died no matter what. He was 100% going into the mansion, and because of Puck's power, going into the mansion would freeze Subaru to death. Lopping off his head is a more painless death. Puck was being merciful.

atsushi-kunn said:

Emilia died and Puck has flipped out due to grief, and potentially according to a contract they made.
Raven_Wingz said:

It's most likely that Beejuice is one of a group of leaders in the witch cult, and that group is based on the Seven Deadly Sins(Beejuice is sloth.) He might have called Subaru pride because Subaru has a lot of the witchs scent on him.

Ohh, that makes more sense...
Thanks^^
mmiirrJul 10, 2016 6:59 PM
Jul 10, 2016 6:45 PM
May 2015
surprise69 said:
it was a really great episode i loved it, the eyes of subaru at the end .... shit are going to get real.

but one think i don't understand why/how he have been beheaded by the creature who look like puck

The muscles supporting his head were frozen to the point where a slight bit of force would decapitate him.

In this case, it was probably the wind.
Jul 10, 2016 6:46 PM
May 2015
RainyRai said:
Epicenter said:

atsushi-kunn said:

Raven_Wingz said:

It's most likely that Beejuice is one of a group of leaders in the witch cult, and that group is based on the Seven Deadly Sins(Beejuice is sloth.) He might have called Subaru pride because Subaru has a lot of the witchs scent on him, giving him the potential to be the last member.

Puck was actually in a state of rage. The only reason Puck was ever friendly to him was the relationship with Emilia.

With Emilia out of the picture, Puck does not associate with humans.
Jul 10, 2016 6:46 PM

Nov 2012
RainyRai said:
Epicenter said:

I see, well that was a pretty misleading ending credit. That stuff made Puck look like the super villain of the entire episode arc. Why would they insert red text and have him loom over looking like evil incarnate?
Jaywalker.
Jul 10, 2016 6:47 PM

Jul 2015
@Jagd84

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Jul 10, 2016 6:50 PM

Aug 2015
I was so hyped up and excited after watching this episode that I watched it again to calm myself down. Even after watching it a second time I was too overexcited and hyped, so I decided to watch Mars of Destruction. And now all my hype and happiness is gone. Along with my faith in anime.
AvidAnimeViewerJul 10, 2016 6:55 PM
Jul 10, 2016 6:51 PM

Oct 2012
What was that why can the next week be here all ready
Jul 10, 2016 6:56 PM

Apr 2009
I seen a lot of crazy looks in anime this one takes the cake. Also how the fuck to you top that?
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jul 10, 2016 6:57 PM

Jan 2014
WOW! This eps is more fucked up than the entire evangelion series
Jul 10, 2016 7:00 PM

Sep 2013
Wow! What an awesome episode! I absolutely can't wait for the next one!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 10, 2016 7:00 PM

Feb 2015
This is insane and absurd, some answers about Subaru and another step for the suffering! Great job White Fox, director and those involved in production!
RNTrybusyJul 10, 2016 7:05 PM
Jul 10, 2016 7:02 PM

Jul 2015
I wonder if Digibro continued to watch re zero up to this point just see how wrong he was about this being an SAO clone.
Jul 10, 2016 7:02 PM
Feb 2015
NoValueNobs said:
RainyRai said:

Puck was actually in a state of rage. The only reason Puck was ever friendly to him was the relationship with Emilia.

With Emilia out of the picture, Puck does not associate with humans.

Hmm, I never thought of it that way... Makes sense too
Jul 10, 2016 7:03 PM

Jul 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:
I was so hyped up and excited after watching this episode that I watched it again to calm myself down. Even after watching it a second time I was too overexcited and hyped, so I decided to watch Mars of Destruction. And now all my hype and happiness is gone. Along with my faith in anime.

You watched Mars of Destruction...RIP
Jul 10, 2016 7:06 PM

May 2015
terminador_2397 said:
I wonder if Digibro continued to watch re zero up to this point just see how wrong he was about this being an SAO clone.

Digibro said he isn't watching it, and he probably won't until people keep bothering him about it.

he said it was an SAO/any other generic light novel clone when the series literally just came out, which was an opinion that many others shared.
Jul 10, 2016 7:07 PM
Nov 2015
Hands down one of the best episodes yet, it was absolutely stunning, all kinds of emotions thrown at you in this episode.
Jul 10, 2016 7:08 PM

Aug 2015
terminador_2397 said:

He dropped it at first episode.

Edit: He's a dumbass for thinking that and I see now where all this "sao clone" bullshit is coming from.

Jul 10, 2016 7:09 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, easily the best episode of this show imho. I've been kind of the fence about this show up until the past couple of episodes, but this episode delivered and then some. Like the emotions this show is delivering are beginning to really feel authentic and earned, which is the best sign. Glad I stuck with it.
bakcheiaJul 10, 2016 7:12 PM
Jul 10, 2016 7:12 PM
Oct 2015
this anime is fucking crazy
all of those torture scene, brutality, despair, even the ending
it deserve its place in top ten rank list

and yet again
the previous 2 arc are just warming up?
i thought it has been bad enough
but now there is this episode
i cant imagine the others arc will be like
Jul 10, 2016 7:14 PM

Jul 2015
This is the closest thing to a HakoMari anime adaptation I will ever see in terms of despair and mental breakdowns, this episode was just perfect, I'm speechless.
Jul 10, 2016 7:15 PM

Jul 2015
RainyRai said:
terminador_2397 said:

Digibro said he isn't watching it, and he probably won't until people keep bothering him about it.

he said it was an SAO/any other generic light novel clone when the series literally just came out, which was an opinion that many others shared.
RainyRai said:
terminador_2397 said:

But even the earlier showed that it wasn't too much like SAO though.
Jul 10, 2016 7:21 PM
Oct 2015
EvokeSabre said:
Subaru Looks Insane Holy shit

that eyes
like levi vs female titan
LOL XD
Jul 10, 2016 7:22 PM
Jul 2016
In the age of political correctness , appears an anime that deserves to be revered . Almost a sin to compare the recent animes, with masterpieces such as Evangelion and Beserk . White Fox damn good job congratulations to all staff, you guys did it.
Jul 10, 2016 7:24 PM

Mar 2013
MetaThPr4h said:
This is the closest thing to a HakoMari anime adaptation I will ever see in terms of despair and mental breakdowns.

This is absolutely on point..
Jul 10, 2016 7:26 PM

Sep 2013
Loved it landslide hyuuuuuu!!! this episode is sooo damn good!!!
Pages (42) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beatrice kinda hot ( 1 2 3 4 )

sti-v-boi - Oct 8

173 by Szalonytomek32 »»
22 minutes ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

254 by Kaydansnk »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Anyone Else Caught Off Gaurd By This Show?

The_p1kachu - Oct 16

17 by Rayane-47 »»
Oct 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

730 by AugustoFKL »»
Oct 15, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1733 by ionelHeredia »»
Oct 14, 6:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.