Forum Settings
Forums

You should feel bad if you're an anime only watcher and or don't support the industry. Why kill the people who make what you love?

New
Nov 1, 2015 2:53 PM

Oct 2014
It sucks anime is used to promote the manga but many people are anime only watchers and many don't support the industry in anyway. And the same people who complain the anime sucks never check the manga and see if its better, they'll simply drop the series

You should feel bad your making all those people work horrible wages

Why don't you support the industry or mangaka?
mochakawaiibearNov 1, 2015 3:00 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 1, 2015 2:55 PM

Mar 2014
The anime industry should feel bad for being a bad industry
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 1, 2015 2:55 PM

Jun 2015
ok
Nov 1, 2015 2:56 PM

Nov 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Nov 1, 2015 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
But what if you buy the DVD or Blu Ray to the anime that you watched? Aren't you supporting the industry?
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Nov 1, 2015 2:57 PM

Oct 2014
waterfallsxo said:
But what if you buy the DVD or Blu Ray to the anime that you watched? Aren't you supporting the industry?
yes but that's not supporting the mangaka
Nov 1, 2015 2:58 PM

Jun 2015
Nice blog.
Nov 1, 2015 2:58 PM

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:
better than Nike who have no child labor laws
Nov 1, 2015 2:59 PM

Oct 2014
AltoRoark99 said:
Nice blog.
noim asking a question
Nov 1, 2015 2:59 PM

Mar 2015
So I should feel bad because I watch anime that is offered FOR FREE on Japanese television?

According to your 'logic', one should feel bad for watching commercials and not buying every product that's shown on TV.

Weird.
Nov 1, 2015 3:00 PM

Mar 2014
mochabearkawaii said:
Comic_Sans said:
I don't like Nike either so I don't see what your point is
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained

Mar 2015
yes, i feel bad for my self because i can't.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Apr 2011
What's the point, otaku pandering shows will always have the highest demand anyway.
Nov 1, 2015 3:01 PM
Oct 2015
So wait... Sales of anime don't benefit the mangaka at all? If the mangaka makes the brand and the trademark, doesn't he get paid for the deritive works IE anime?

So if I make movie adaptation of a book, I can do it legally with no copyright protections and pay no royalties?

Feb 2015
I didnt force them to write manga tho.
They didnt force me to buy it or steal it.
Why should i feel bad.

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:
mochabearkawaii said:
my point is you can't blame the industry, you have to blame the consumers

May 2013
"You should feel bad"

Well...
"Okay yeah because only people who spend years posting thousands of times on an anime forum are allowed to have opinions."
-Genesis_IX
Nov 1, 2015 3:02 PM

Jul 2011
I see.
Nov 1, 2015 3:02 PM

Mar 2014
mochabearkawaii said:
Comic_Sans said:
Okay then

Then I say "FUCK THE ANIME INDUSTRY AND FUCK ITS CUSTOMERS"

Better? Everybody happy?
Nico- said:
Nov 1, 2015 3:03 PM

Aug 2013
mochabearkawaii said:
waterfallsxo said:

So the mangaka doesn't get a cut? I don't know anything about this industry.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Nov 1, 2015 3:07 PM

Feb 2015
Even if i had money to support both anime and manga which i dont, in the end that money would not end in the hands of people who made actual stuff i am 99% sure of it, unless you import directly or someting(importing to serbia online would cost enormous fucking price) you dont support owners but someones else pockets.

Oct 2014
obscureanimefan said:
So wait... Sales of anime don't benefit the mangaka at all? If the mangaka makes the brand and the trademark, doesn't he get paid for the deritive works IE anime?

So if I make movie adaptation of a book, I can do it legally with no copyright protections and pay no royalties?
waterfallsxo said:
mochabearkawaii said:

So the mangaka doesn't get a cut? I don't know anything about this industry.

The ones who get money from anime are usually the ones who direct it animators VAs etc.
The mangaka dosent get muc from it

Jan 2009
mochabearkawaii said:

err no, do you blame yourself when the anime you watch is horrible to you?
Nov 1, 2015 3:08 PM

Jul 2011
j0x said:
mochabearkawaii said:

Yes, for not choosing well.
Nov 1, 2015 3:08 PM

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:
mochabearkawaii said:
Okay then

Better? Everybody happy?
ok I'm happy xc
Nov 1, 2015 3:10 PM
Jun 2015
Anime industry is too overpriced, do you want to spend $100-$4000 on a single anime show?
Nov 1, 2015 3:12 PM

Mar 2014
mochabearkawaii said:
Comic_Sans said:
Okay then

Better? Everybody happy?
ok I'm happy xc
<3
Nico- said:
Nov 1, 2015 3:16 PM

Oct 2014
Exowave said:
Even if i had money to support both anime and manga which i dont, in the end that money would not end in the hands of people who made actual stuff i am 99% sure of it, unless you import directly or someting(importing to serbia online would cost enormous fucking price) you dont support owners but someones else pockets.
It would my friend

Oct 2014
15poundfish said:
Anime industry is too overpriced, do you want to spend $100-$4000 on a single anime show?
Buy the manga that's what I do

Jul 2013
obscureanimefan said:

The very making of an anime benefits the author because they're made for the sake of promoting the source material.

mochabearkawaii said:
The ones who get money from anime are usually the ones who direct it animators VAs etc.

Wrong. The ones who get money from anime are those that have put money into the project. Studios are usually contracted to only do the animation work with bigger studios participating in the production committee and some very rare occasions where they even lead it.
Also the mangaka profit a lot from it because in the first place the majority of anime adaptations are for the sake of promoting the source material and there are some series whose sales jumped by 10 times like last season's Gakkou Gurashi which has 1.2 million copies in print after just the first episode.
Nov 1, 2015 3:18 PM

Jun 2010
I'm going to murder everything you love.
Nov 1, 2015 3:21 PM
Jan 2013
I didn't kill noone though
gone bai bai
Nov 1, 2015 3:23 PM

Jun 2012
I used to buy Fist of the North Star action figures, though.

Being an Anime only watcher doesn't make you any more culpable than leeching off both Anime and Manga.
Nov 1, 2015 3:26 PM

Feb 2013
most anime is basically abandonware =/
Nov 1, 2015 3:28 PM

Jan 2009
Praland said:
j0x said:

Yes, for not choosing well.

ok, MAL should learn from you instead of saying this show is shit most of the time
Nov 1, 2015 3:30 PM

Oct 2014
Kruzy said:
obscureanimefan said:

The very making of an anime benefits the author because they're made for the sake of promoting the source material.

mochabearkawaii said:

Wrong. The ones who get money from anime are those that have put money into the project. Studios are usually contracted to only do the animation work with bigger studios participating in the production committee and some very rare occasions where they even lead it.
Also the mangaka profit a lot from it because in the first place the majority of anime adaptations are for the sake of promoting the source material and there are some series whose sales jumped by 10 times like last season's Gakkou Gurashi which has 1.2 million copies in print after just the first episode.
The mangaka dosent directly get money from it is what I'm saying
Nov 1, 2015 3:31 PM

Feb 2013
So how bad am I if I am an (almost) anime only watcher but only buy manga OP?
I have about 70+ volumes of manga but no BD/DVD's (aside from old Pokémon VHS's)
Nov 1, 2015 3:37 PM

Dec 2014
m8 I am supporting the industry, I get my mum/mom to buy me manga.
Nov 1, 2015 3:39 PM

Apr 2015
Does having Netflix count, kek.
Nov 1, 2015 3:39 PM

Oct 2014
xbobx said:
I'm going to murder everything you love.
Pls don't
Nov 1, 2015 3:40 PM

Oct 2014
TheNextChamp said:
So how bad am I if I am an (almost) anime only watcher but only buy manga OP?
I have about 70+ volumes of manga but no BD/DVD's (aside from old Pokémon VHS's)
That's just fine since you're supporti the mangaka. Great infact
Nov 1, 2015 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
Why should I buy imported manga that I can't even fucking read?
Nov 1, 2015 4:26 PM
Jul 2018
I buy the manga when I can, but I have to import everything and it gets pricey...
Nov 1, 2015 4:27 PM

Jun 2013
The whole concept of anime being made to increase the sales of manga is strange to me, because I prefer anime format. The way I see it, manga is the script and anime is the realization. That being said, I would buy anime if there was a reasonable way for it (something like GOG distribution model). I don't buy manga because I don't read it.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Nov 1, 2015 4:36 PM

Oct 2014
mayukachan said:
Why should I buy imported manga that I can't even fucking read?
You don't read any translated manga?

Wensbane said:
I buy the manga when I can, but I have to import everything and it gets pricey...
That's understable

sedmelluq said:
The whole concept of anime being made to increase the sales of manga is strange to me, because I prefer anime format. The way I see it, manga is the script and anime is the realization. That being said, I would buy anime if there was a reasonable way for it (something like GOG distribution model). I don't buy manga because I don't read it.
same here it's pretty weird
Nov 1, 2015 4:38 PM
Dec 2011
Everyone having shit tastes is what's killing the industry, because they're producing more shit to cater the virgins.

#ripseinen
#seinenmasterrace
#toomanymanchildrenwatchinghighschoolromanceshit
#genericweeaboooverloadpost2002
Nov 1, 2015 4:47 PM
Sep 2013
Fear not OP, if anything "saves" the industry it will be the industry learning to adapt to the internet and price things properly, not the last remaining suckers who pay hundreds of dollars for a single season of a show.
Nov 1, 2015 4:53 PM

Mar 2015
Mazaev said:
Everyone having shit tastes is what's killing the industry, because they're producing more shit to cater the virgins.

#ripseinen
#seinenmasterrace
#toomanymanchildrenwatchinghighschoolromanceshit
#genericweeaboooverloadpost2002
but, but, but, we got guchumon wa usagi desuka, yuru yuri, hidan no aria AA, komori-san wa kotewaranai and onsen yousei hakone-chan is aired ATM.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 1, 2015 4:58 PM
Dec 2011
absentminded said:
but, but, but, we got guchumon wa usagi desuka, yuru yuri, hidan no aria AA, komori-san wa kotewaranai and onsen yousei hakone-chan is aired ATM.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit and shit. All of them are generic trash that won't be remembered in 10 years time.
Nov 1, 2015 5:00 PM

Apr 2011
Mazaev said:
absentminded said:

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit and shit. All of them are generic trash that won't be remembered in 10 years time.
b-but muh lolis
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Would you sacrifice your favorite anime in exchange for that your waifu will become real?

Spunkert - 4 hours ago

15 by luffysenchou »»
7 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

143 by Kismet69 »»
38 minutes ago

» Overrated vs Underrated

Vamp_Lord - Sep 15

27 by ShinyLotus »»
39 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows ( 1 2 )

Treatise - Sep 19

74 by deltahalo241 »»
55 minutes ago

» Do you care more about Art or Entertainment?

zaganGao - Yesterday

31 by logopolis »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.