Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2015 5:19 PM

Oct 2014
omfgplzstop said:
So many spoilers. Smfh MAL. You fucks could just say it was different.

I don't like the amount of spoilers too, but the "usual" reaction to saying "it's different" normally is "LN fanboys always say that 'this one is different' but in the end it's still the same!"

So saying "it's different" really isn't enough. Though to be fair just ignoring such people works too, I guess. It's not like we gain anything by convincing them to watch it.
Oct 3, 2015 5:39 PM

May 2014
NICE !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 5:40 PM
Feb 2015
baki502 said:
Well I just watched the sub and I have to admit I was completely wrong with my assumptions...

Is what I would say if there was anything in this 1st episode to suggest this one wouldnt be just like the others. But alas there is not a shred of originality in this episode.

Generic Twin tail tsundere ? check!
Generic bland/nice MC? check
Mc walks in on girl changing? check
Girl is all Dere for the MC very soon? check!
MC is the "worst" but actually an OP glass cannon? check!

Well the animation wasnt too bad I'll give it that the fight was quite alright. Not amazing but by no means bad. However there is still not a shred of originality or anything remotely interesting in this show and I honestly fail to see how its supposed to get better. Unless they throw away the whole first episode and act like it never happened and start making something decent from ep 2 onwards.

I think you're misunderstood here, the MC is by no means weak, it's the system that Ranked him F because of his lack of talent on the "usual" standard of the Mage Knight. And also because

If it weren't for those, the MC is by no means the worst.

And Ikki is by no means OP at all. You'll eventually see that in the Seven Star Sword Art Festival (if there's a season 2).
Oct 3, 2015 5:44 PM
Feb 2015
sushiisawesome said:
Our main character is overpowered, but victimized by a system too much.
That totally didn't remind me of Mahouka.

Our female lead keeps mentioning she's not married (with the added bonus of being a princess and being unable to look at a dude's abs).
Totally not ultra-conservative.

Our main lead is the worst, but can still beat the most powerful characters in the show.
That totally didn't remind me of Index.

Our female lead use fire.
That totally didn't remind me of Shana.

Our female lead says "baka" and "it's not like I want to or anything".
Totally not a tsundere.

Our female lead overreacts over our main character seeing her in underwear.
Totally not cliche.

Our main character can copy abilities.
Totally not like Kakashi from Naruto.

I legitimately want to know if there's a single original element in this show.

Who said Stella was the strongest character in the series? Hell in terms of everyone present in the school, Kurono or Nene (the kimono child-like teacher) is undoubtedly the strongest there. You got:

In comparison, Stella is very much tamed and weaker. People just viewed her as someone extraordinary because there are few A-Ranks in the world.
ixarisingOct 3, 2015 6:01 PM
Oct 3, 2015 5:57 PM

Jan 2010
I swear I do not know comment on what I just saw, because before had seen asterisk, and someone explain to me how they can be so alike?

Okay, are ecchis teenager generic, but this is pure plagiarism, I wonder what plagiarized which, because even with generic anime, some always there has its own peculiarities, but these two animes were identical, IN ALL, it gets to be funny . But like most preferred Cavalry.

Animation: 3/5
Ost: 3/5
Characters: 4/5
Plot: 4/5

I hope that the comments I'm reading are true and that this anime has a surprising twist plot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Oct 3, 2015 5:58 PM

Sep 2015
The manga/LN was great imo
Definitely watching this for the fanservice err i mean action😁😁

Lies are full
of endless possibilies.
Oct 3, 2015 6:03 PM

Jun 2014
df kinda school allows co-ed rooming?
I smell incoming fanservice.

Animation is nice, and the story seems like it may be generic, but decent at least. Ill probably stick around.
Oct 3, 2015 6:07 PM
Feb 2015
WillKamio said:
I swear I do not know comment on what I just saw, because before had seen asterisk, and someone explain to me how they can be so alike?

Okay, are ecchis teenager generic, but this is pure plagiarism, I wonder what plagiarized which, because even with generic anime, some always there has its own peculiarities, but these two animes were identical, IN ALL, it gets to be funny . But like most preferred Cavalry.

Animation: 3/5
Ost: 3/5
Characters: 4/5
Plot: 4/5

I hope that the comments I'm reading are true and that this anime has a surprising twist plot.

Well i can give you one of the twist now. Stella's tsundere-ness won't last more than 8 episodes.
Oct 3, 2015 6:09 PM
Oct 2010
This was better than the other show that's exactly like it. Not sure which came out first but to have two shows that have the exact same start, world setup and even similar names (Stella/Streiga?), same type of combat etc airing on the same day to boot says a lot about the LN industry.
Oct 3, 2015 6:11 PM

Jun 2014
Good first ep, loled at the part where she was touching him x)
Oct 3, 2015 6:12 PM
Feb 2015
Kokko said:
robis798 said:

What were the divergencies?

Half of the episode should have been set in the headmaster's room but the anime director arrogantly decided to have the characters also talk outside of it. It ruined the setup for Ikki's and Stella's coming arcs. Disgusting.

Huh? Please explain to me in detail how will this diverge?

It was just a change of scene, besides that nothing else was changed, the dialogue was the same, the events was the same. You're just being overly paranoid here.
Oct 3, 2015 6:15 PM

Jan 2011
ah the LN adaptation Fans swear isn't like the dozens that come out each year

for a first episode it hit about 90% of all the generic checklists "but just you wait till so and so happens in volume 5 it's not like the others!"

despite all that i didn't dislike my time watching this but i'm gonna actually wait and see if this is actually true,will say + 1 for MC embracing the walking in on changing girl trope.

and the character designs/animation are nice
dem copypaste redheads are my weakest
Oct 3, 2015 6:23 PM

Dec 2011
I hate that they made Stella's hair to be more of pink-magenta than a red-crimson colour. Wish the opening could have been better. Anything else is good.

Will look forward to seeing more of the characters since I liked the manga adaptation of the light novel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 6:27 PM
Oct 2009
The ojousamas this season looks great. ^^
Hope the male MC is not a looser like the other harem MCs...

Oct 3, 2015 6:30 PM

Mar 2010
i enjoyed this episode.
Oct 3, 2015 6:42 PM
Sep 2015
The MC is the most chillest guy ever haha. Really interesting how someone like him can be called the worst one... nice animation too silver link please keep this up!
Oct 3, 2015 6:45 PM

Jan 2011
Oh man, I actually loved this first episode of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. At first, when Ikki walked into Stella changing, I thought it'd be a typical scream from the girl and a slap. Sure, that did happen but I did not expect Ikki to be like 'wait, I know what you're going to say but let me be a gentleman and also take my shirt off' lmfao! Chivalry at its finest, INDEED! Stella is such a tsundere but she doesn't irritate me at all. It makes sense why she's so tsundere though since everyone pretty much thought she was talented and never worked hard.

Of course, Stella had to make a wager where the loser has to obey the winner, becoming their servant/dog. I expected Stella to be the loser and figured Ikki had something up his sleeve but I hoped it wasn't something overpowered. The fight scenes were really entertaining and animated well. The OST accompanying it was amazing though, made it so much better. Ikki's ability to pretty much copy/steal the opponent's sword style is pretty cool. I like how he acknowledged that Stella has worked really hard though. Stella unleashed her fire magic but Ikki concentrated all the living energy he has into a minute to finish Stella off. Ikki can only use it once per day though and has to take a while to recover.

Stella touching Ikki's body was so cute and quite steamy. xD Stella bumping her head on the ceiling, ouch! Stella became so tsundere about being Ikki's servant and was expecting some sexual orders but Ikki is such a gentleman and just wanted her to be his roommate. He even expected a handshake but ended up fistbumping. Oh man, I can see this romance progressing really well. I'm already loving this, my kind of series! From the cover page, it does seem like a harem but seeing how most are saying it isn't one puts me at ease. I'm glad that the MC is actually smart and funny and isn't generic or dull. Looking forward to more~
5/5
Oct 3, 2015 6:54 PM

Feb 2014
So much better than Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Oct 3, 2015 7:25 PM

Nov 2014
the mc being a reincarnation of rock lee make me want to watch more of this anime , i think we have some potential on this anime depending on how they adapt , and best of all it isnt an harem , but please someone change those tags , this is not an harem but its 100% for sure an ecchi anime.
https://i.gyazo.com/5507e830805b0438cc6023339ef5b389.jpg
Stop the meaningless talk
Oct 3, 2015 7:26 PM
Sep 2012
I watched the hulu subs... I lol'd at some of the translations. "Played Steal" lolol xD
It's ブレイドスティール(Blade Steal/Sword Steal).
Oct 3, 2015 7:46 PM

Jan 2008
Not sure who horriblesub ripped the video from but holy fuck da hell those yellow subs. Looks so weird.

The guys reaction when seeing the girl in her undies was great. That's gotta be a first.

Oh man the girl is just as amusing. Must. Control. Urges. Lol. Hope she unleashes more of them urges in the future. Always fun seeing the female characters start the naughty situations.

Can expect something at least decent from Silver Link.
Oct 3, 2015 7:49 PM
Sep 2012
Paul said:
Not sure who horriblesub ripped the video from but holy fuck da hell those yellow subs. Looks so weird.

The subs are from Hulu.
Oct 3, 2015 7:51 PM

Jan 2008
Linkmstr said:
Paul said:

The subs are from Hulu.

Well... that's a first.
Oct 3, 2015 7:52 PM

Oct 2011
Interesting start of the first episode
Oct 3, 2015 7:54 PM
Sep 2012
Paul said:
Linkmstr said:

The subs are from Hulu.

Well... that's a first.

Well, I'm just hoping a good fansub will pick this up. X'P
Oct 3, 2015 8:00 PM

Jan 2014
AOTS people

Stella Is so [size=200]adorable <3[/size]
Oct 3, 2015 8:18 PM

Jun 2015
The episode was a real surprise and a really good one, yes think can be cliche but the way every thing happen made it not generic in the end. And i am so shipping those two!
Oct 3, 2015 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
Great debut, I really like this plot and the characters, I also liked the adaptation of the first episode, explanations and introductions were placed through dialogues and conversations of the characters making it easy and simple to understand

I'm really looking forward to more battles and see more of the characters, I hope that adaptation is not rushed, and from what I saw I think will adapt about 3 volumes of the LN thus will be possible to make good use of the development of the plot and the characters' relationships, I have high expectations in this anime ..
Oct 3, 2015 8:29 PM

Jun 2015
Lucas8x said:
May be a so absolute that more serious
I hope it's better than absolute duo
Not gonna be really hard
Oct 3, 2015 8:36 PM

Aug 2012
"magic school whose MC is low rank but is actually OP" should become a tag

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Oct 3, 2015 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
Main female is a bratty bitch tsundere who thinks the male character literally wants to rape her every time he breathes. No. No. Fuck this show. Fuck off with that woman.
Oct 3, 2015 8:53 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Much better than I expected, this is more interesting than the likes of Gakusen Toshi Asterisk or Absolute Duo. The concept and battle scene are very nice to look at.

Sure there are some cliches, but this played it well, like Stella's changing clothes scene, it was quite funny reaction from Ikki.

Can't wait for the next episode.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 3, 2015 8:53 PM

Aug 2015
Yeah we can give the art & animation to Asterisk but for the enjoyment, plot and the characters, I choose this one and I hope they can keep on maintaining the quality of enjoyment that I received in the following episodes and maybe hoping that they can also improve the animation as well, still not bought on Stella's hair color though. Anyways I'm in for the fun ride. 5/5

As far as I had read the manga can't wait to see this to be adapted:

And also still laughing at some MAL users thinking that this is a generic HAREM show like seriously.................
MizunashiOct 3, 2015 8:57 PM
Oct 3, 2015 8:55 PM

Oct 2014
yukishiromei said:
Main female is a bratty bitch tsundere who thinks the male character literally wants to rape her every time he breathes. No. No. Fuck this show. Fuck off with that woman.

It's more like she voices her subconcious wish and supressed hormonal urges in an unexpected moment.
Oct 3, 2015 9:01 PM

Dec 2010
I'm feeling some deja vu after watch Asterik earlier. I do like the male protagonist in this one better. I worry Stella assuming everything he does means he wants to rape her though is going to get old after a few episodes. We'll see.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Oct 3, 2015 9:02 PM

Feb 2010
I hope Hulu will go bankrupt and pass this show to Crunchyroll. Those subs are pure cancer.
Oct 3, 2015 9:03 PM

Mar 2011
I find it silly the Director didn't even bother telling Stella she was roommates with a guy before they arrived at school. Then again this is probably just a way to show seeing heroine in her underwear cliche. Decent episode overall. The MC is somewhat likable and hopefully Stella's personality gets better soon. Oh, kind of hypocritical of Stella calling Ikki a pervert when she's the one touching his back and abs while he's sleeping lol
Oct 3, 2015 9:08 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode. I think it's off to a great start, and I enjoyed that quite a bit

Typically when I watch a series with a fiery, red-head tsundere, I get the feeling that the show is going to follow the same incredibly generic route of its predecessors/ similar shows, but surprisingly I don't get that feeling from this.

If Matsuoka, who seems to be type casted into these types of roles, had voiced the protagonist, then I'd be feeling it for sure. I'm really liking both Ikki and Stella though.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Oct 3, 2015 9:10 PM
Nov 2010
Not a bad episode. I know there are only 12 episodes so they can't take their sweet time rolling out the narrative, but shoved pretty much every detail of the characters and their motivations down our throats in about 10 minutes. There was little to no time for build-up or any reaction from characters regarding some important points.

Whateves, I'll still watch it.
Oct 3, 2015 10:00 PM

Apr 2015
Petty good episode. Just love how he just entered the room and sees the girl then just takes off his shirt and says its even. The characters are very interesting I kinda like it, a F rank person beats an A rank person... well I it was kinda clear who would won that... I'll still watch this anime anyways xD I've already started a ship I will stick with that otherwise xD
Oct 3, 2015 10:13 PM

Aug 2013
Wasn't too bad.

I like the whole both of them being misunderstood but in different ways thing.

She's discriminated against for her natural talent (which she has) but nobody acknowledges her hard work ethic.

He's discriminated against because from the criteria standpoint he's a failure. He has almost no magic and his Blazer skills are awful, but nobody acknowledges his swordsmanship, created techniques and work ethic that are outside of evaluation criteria.

Animation and fight scenes weren't too shabby. Hopefully they kept a balanced budget for all of the episodes.

Anime itself aside, I watched the HS torrent for this. HOLY FUCKING SHIT...that fucking ugly distracting yellow font color, and the sub timing being slightly delayed the entire time were irking the shit out of me. FUCK!
Oct 3, 2015 10:32 PM

Dec 2011
Jonesy974 said:
Wasn't too bad.

She's discriminated against for her natural talent (which she has) but nobody acknowledges her hard work ethic.

He's discriminated against because from the criteria standpoint he's a failure. He has almost no magic and his Blazer skills are awful, but nobody acknowledges his swordsmanship, created techniques and work ethic that are outside of evaluation criteria.

Animation and fight scenes weren't too shabby. Hopefully they kept a balanced budget for all of the episodes.

Anime itself aside, I watched the HS torrent for this. HOLY FUCKING SHIT...that fucking ugly distracting yellow font color, and the sub timing being slightly delayed the entire time were irking the shit out of me. FUCK!

Blame hulu for that. I just hope I proper fansub group will take this anime. But since lately fansubbing scene is so scarce, and have a VERY late release... I somehow doubt that and we need to deal with Hulu subs
Oct 3, 2015 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
amc9988 said:
Jonesy974 said:
Wasn't too bad.

Blame hulu for that. I just hope I proper fansub group will take this anime. But since lately fansubbing scene is so scarce, and have a VERY late release... I somehow doubt that and we need to deal with Hulu subs

Chihiro is supposedly gonna do this.
Oct 3, 2015 10:49 PM

Feb 2015
This was awesome..Also big fan of this not being the standard Harem stuff we normally get, really looking forward to this..

5/5 Battle scene was awesome as well, and the ED is awesome
Oct 3, 2015 11:10 PM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
Let me be the millionth person to agree that this was more enjoyable than Gakusen Toshi Asterisk. I had to laugh a little that they are both so alike and both aired the same day. I watched Gakusen Toshi Asterisk first, and found it less enjoyable.

Love Stella. Also loved her getting caught prodding his abs. Good first episode; am looking forward to next week's.
Oct 3, 2015 11:11 PM

Aug 2015
Kind of dissapointed they glossed over Ikki's backstory considering how important it is. Hope it's addressed next episode.
Oct 3, 2015 11:12 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, i thought Asterisk was doing good, and this was even better for a first episode. This show doesn't look like it'll do as much as the former suggests, but this was a damn enjoyable first episode. Sudden amusing reactions, the girl who finds out she's a closet perv, and not to mention a brilliant address of the talent vs hard work issue. The moment she said "as if i don't work hard," i was like, yeeesss nicely done. The philosophical address of the fact that he fails the test because the test is biased is great as well. (Though we're sorta familiar with that one due to Mahouka)
Asterisk will probably pan out better, but this will surely be enjoyable; the first ep for Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is definitely stronger.

From what i've seen, it really seems like the anime companies intentionally release parallel series within the same season often. I'd assume this would be to cultivate enthusiasm and competition amongst anime watchers... Which is quite ingenious at heart really.

Once again, it seems the fall season has the most exciting anime lineup.
GenesisAriaOct 3, 2015 11:31 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 3, 2015 11:14 PM

Apr 2011
is this going to be Mahouka v2 ?
Oct 3, 2015 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
Valaskjalf said:
is this going to be Mahouka v2 ?
No. I can assure you that much.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 3, 2015 11:18 PM
Oct 2009
In this scene everyone knows that stella is the real pervert. :p

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

482 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 4, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

341 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 4, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

210 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 11:20 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

224 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 27, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

191 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 26, 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.