Forum Settings
Forums

How would you react if a girl on MAL asked you out on a date in real life?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 25, 2015 9:43 PM

Jun 2013
katsucats said:

Ad hominem argument:
Person A claims X.
Person A has some attribute Y.
Therefore X is false.

If I say that:
Person A claims X.
X is false.
Therefore Person A has attribute Y.

Once again, this is inherently belying what you previously said, and what has been referenced--you're arguing from prescribed intellectual convenience.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Jul 25, 2015 9:48 PM

Oct 2009
Crzy_Minus said:
Meet ups on non-dating websites such as ones more towards anime, video games, etc, are none the less just extremely rare occurrences, no better way to put it.

But if the chances are truly possible, how about if we can imagine a scenario the best way possible?

Let's say you've met a girl on MyAnimeList through the forums, a chat group, whichever place there is from here, and after a few conversation pick ups you begin to be her friend. Months/Years later you've engrossed your friendship level with this girl you've met on this very same website online, until that one day comes and she asks you for a date? Either convenience of you two living in the same state or having to get a flight just to go see her if you're on a different state or even country.

But in this case, let's say on the same state. So she invited you to a date at some place in the city, and you two end up having a very great time and she's also pretty cute and friendly too. From this point on your bond with her then becomes more of a romantic relationship, and in the end she becomes your girlfriend.

This is obviously what YOU want. Which MAL girl are you horny for?

Jul 25, 2015 9:55 PM

Jun 2014
shotz_ said:
date?

never heard of that anime

I think it's a fruit.
Jul 29, 2015 6:11 AM

Aug 2013
It's quite unlikely because she has to fulfill a few criteria:

1. Live within 20 miles of me.
2. Age 18 - 20 (which is already troublesome because most are around 14-17 I think).
3. Provide solid evidence that she is indeed a girl.
4. Have similar taste in anime (at least 2 of the same favorites).
5. Be someone I have been talking to for at least a few weeks and not a random troll.
6. Not overweight.
Jul 29, 2015 7:35 AM

Sep 2012
rasenshiruken973 said:

2. Age 18 - 20 (which is already troublesome because most are around 14-17 I think).
5. Be someone I have been talking to for at least a few weeks and not a random troll.
6. Not overweight.

You're too strict. Just item 6 would be enough.
Jul 29, 2015 7:54 AM
Jun 2015
Dojourei said:
There's only a couple girls on MAL that I'd even want to talk to, the rest seem annoying.

To answer your question, it depends on who it is.

Some are sweet thought
Jul 29, 2015 7:56 AM

Aug 2014
I think I'd be like guuuuuuurl, you serious?
Aug 2, 2015 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
Unfortunately, I would and have said no.

Unless they lived very very close to me where I could see them often then I'd have to pass, and I haven't been that lucky with the travel times. Internet relationships with 'occasional' visits are far too much of a tease.

Like, fuck that. One day of physical affection isn't good enough. If you're my SO, ya damn straight I'm gonna be wanting to physically show my affection to you every single and night, and anything less than that sucks.

That's just how I am I guess.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 2, 2015 11:53 AM

Mar 2014
I'd try it, its not like I'm gonna die from it, though I'd bring a pocket knife just in case she turn out to be a tsundere :D
Aug 2, 2015 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Litrydow said:
rasenshiruken973 said:

6. Not overweight.

That's not being strict
That's having a standard(which most people nowadays don't have because they're too insecure in themselves and think just about anyone is ok)
Aug 2, 2015 11:59 AM

Mar 2015
Andomarn said:

That's not being strict
That's having a standard(which most people nowadays don't have because they're too insecure in themselves and think just about anyone is ok)[/quote]

There is a distinction though between the two. Some people's standards are way far out there. And some are way too little.
Aug 2, 2015 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
cause said:
There is a distinction though between the two. Some people's standards are way far out there. And some are way too little.

still better than not having any standards at all
Aug 2, 2015 12:03 PM

Mar 2015
Andomarn said:
cause said:

still better than not having any standards at all

That would be "having way too little".
Aug 2, 2015 12:06 PM

Oct 2010
still waiting by the way
lots of music -
Aug 2, 2015 1:33 PM

Dec 2013
No chance unless girl/me has the money for a plane ticket if not for that I'm game.
Aug 3, 2015 2:12 PM

Aug 2011
rasenshiruken973 said:

6. Not overweight.

The same taste in anime? Really? That's what makes you wanna date a girl?
Aug 3, 2015 2:24 PM

Mar 2014
Decline or ignore the girl since I have no interest in dating people from the internet.
Aug 3, 2015 2:27 PM

Mar 2015
shotz_ said:
date?

never heard of that anime

I believe they might be speaking about date a live
thinking of a different sig, meanwhile here that's my list
Aug 4, 2015 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
Zeev said:
rasenshiruken973 said:

6. Not overweight.

The same taste in anime? Really? That's what makes you wanna date a girl?

Lol not really that would just be a bonus. It's so that we can have something in common to talk about, but if I was friendly with her then there must already be a good chance she has similar tastes.
Aug 4, 2015 12:53 AM
Aug 2015
mafia_princess said:
I would never ask a boy from MAL on a date. I learned that from shit I see in discussion threads.
Aug 4, 2015 1:27 AM

Apr 2011
Now I'm not at all crazy about looks or anything . But anime watching girls tend to be truly subpar in the looks department. And I can't like a girl unless she pleases my eye a little.

So I wouldn't waste my energy trying to get romantically involved with a girl on MAL. Odds of her being butt-ugly would be too high :3
Aug 4, 2015 1:28 AM
Dec 2011
Heard MAL is a good dating site, I will probably try it when I'm ready to kill myself.
Aug 4, 2015 1:44 AM

Feb 2015
I feel sorry for anyone using or hoping to use MAL as a dating site.
Aug 4, 2015 2:14 AM

Oct 2012
Pinch myself lol
Aug 4, 2015 2:16 AM

Oct 2014
Probably re-evaluate my life and or kill myself.
Aug 15, 2015 10:28 PM
Jun 2015
Crzy_Minus said:
Dojourei said:
There's only a couple girls on MAL that I'd even want to talk to, the rest seem annoying.

To answer your question, it depends on who it is.
Who would be those coulple you're referring to?

What about any girl in particular on the internet.
Aug 15, 2015 10:31 PM

Oct 2013
any girl near mexico city?
Aug 15, 2015 10:31 PM

Jul 2015
Used CTRL+F > "Kill myself" on this thread. You guys need to be more original.

"I got two bad hands and still built this house of cards
Just an average Jack up in the Club who thinks he found a Heart
But I don’t go to clubs and don’t believe in love
Or holding hearts in grips unless this fist is into which it’s bleeding from"

Aug 15, 2015 10:41 PM

Jan 2014
Eat myself
Aug 15, 2015 11:07 PM

Aug 2014
As if any girl on MAL lives in my area.
Aug 15, 2015 11:21 PM

Jul 2015
RedTie47 said:
Serious answer though:

I'd rather have friends right now. The possibility of something more is not impossible but I'd rather we get to know each other first. I like when love blooms from friendships.

D-awwww
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which of these 6 things matters most to you?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

30 by 0arche »»
60 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think we will have Terminator-like robots or will we have Detroit Become Human-like robots in the future?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

3 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 )

KiraraFan - May 7

58 by MalchikRepaid »»
2 hours ago

» Vent thread. ( 1 2 )

Spooks - Oct 7, 2013

90 by Mirania »»
2 hours ago

» Anime convention stories

PAPOrr - Apr 19, 2023

11 by MalchikRepaid »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.