Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2015 6:59 AM

Aug 2009
I dont need long list because that makes me confused which ones are you recommend the most, so give me 3 best anime you can think of that i haven't watch yet..

I accept "almost" ANY genre, but try not to recommend series with more than 100 episodes (I'll find them myself)...

In case you are wondering what kind of anime i might like i will write down some of the best anime i've seen based on the genre:

ROMANCE:
1. Honey and Clover
2. Nana
3. 5cm per second
4. Clannad
5. Maid-sama
6. Ao Haru Ride
7. Emma the victorian romance
8. Skip Beat

COMEDY:
1. Barakamon
2. Gekkan shoujo
3. Seitokai Yakuindomo
4. Baka to Test (only the first season, not sure about the rest)

DRAMA:
1. Rainbow
2. Colorful (Movie)
3. AnoHana

The Other Best (I'm tired):
Steins gate
Shinsekai yori
Baccano
Hanasaku Iroha
Zankyou no terror

#It's okay to post some ecchi, only if it's not the main "plot", Seitokai yakuindomo is the best example of this (It focused on the dirty joke instead of revealing weird panty shots)
#Try not to give me Action anime, because i think i can found it myself, unless you think i really need to watch it asap because how amazing it is...
#Give me a warning if the anime you recommend is something that is quite hard to marathon but worth it in the end, MONSTER and Mushishi is the best example, because i only watch one or two episodes every week...

Thank you if you read this huge wall of text, i appreciate that a lot, even more if you try to suggest something after knowing my taste...

TL;DR Your best 3 anime so far
Jul 1, 2015 7:00 AM

Feb 2015
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Ping Pong the animation

Tatami Galaxy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2015 7:04 AM

Aug 2009
Some people said Ping Pong is really great, but the animation is kinda weird, what is good about it and what makes it different from the other sport anime? I want to make sure that forcing myself to watch that animation is worth it...
Jul 1, 2015 7:06 AM

Mar 2012
Best for me:

Rose of Versailles
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Starship Operators

I'd say that all of them may be hard to marathon at first for some people.

Possibly best for you:

The Earl and the Fairy
Perfect Blue
Macross Zero
Jul 1, 2015 7:11 AM

Aug 2009
Can you link me to the earl and the fairy, i cant find it here...

Macross Zero is part of a Huge series, do i have to watch the prequels as well?
Jul 1, 2015 7:16 AM

Oct 2012
The Tatami Galaxy
Katanagatari
Ping Pong the Animatin

I'd also recommend the rest of the Monogatari Series, Monogatari Series Second Season along with Hanamonogatari have my favorite arcs from the series.
Jul 1, 2015 7:20 AM

Mar 2012
newgard said:
Can you link me to the earl and the fairy, i cant find it here...

Macross Zero is part of a Huge series, do i have to watch the prequels as well?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4551/Hakushaku_to_Yousei

Macros Zero is actually the prequel to the main series, you can do with just watching the first episode of Macross and that'd be all you need. Though you don't really need to do it if you don't want to.
Jul 1, 2015 7:23 AM

Feb 2015
newgard said:
Some people said Ping Pong is really great, but the animation is kinda weird, what is good about it and what makes it different from the other sport anime? I want to make sure that forcing myself to watch that animation is worth it...

Well that's art style that's weird but they done that as the manga is similar to it and they were being faithful to the source material.

Well it follows the players and their journeys and it isn't really about the sport, the pacing is great and the development the characters get in only 11 episodes is amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2015 7:35 AM

Sep 2014
Yay and yes Ping Pong the Animation is not just about sports. I love how dreams & struggles is played here. Try it and you'll definitely get used to the art. I personally know someone who struggled for the first three episodes then likened it.

Flames slowly die. Embers turns to ash. Heat turns cold.
As I close my eyes, visions of past flash before me. I open my eyes; all I see is black, white, and gray.
Jul 1, 2015 8:09 AM

Aug 2009
Ping Pong is now the first in my PTW...
I'm not sure about the others yet...
Jul 2, 2015 5:06 AM

Aug 2009
elp
Jul 2, 2015 5:14 AM

Jul 2014
Zetsuen no Tempest
Kokoro Connect
Claymore
Jul 5, 2015 9:44 AM
Apr 2015
1) Danshi Koukosei No Nichijou
2) Tokyo Ghoul
3) Assassination Classroom
Jul 5, 2015 9:47 AM

Jul 2015
1. Hyouka( school)
2. Spice and wolf (drama)
3. Princess Lover (ecchi/harem)
Jul 5, 2015 9:55 AM

Jun 2015
These are my top 3 that aren't on your list, unfortunately 2 are action, not the best of the best, but I enjoyed them.

Ao no Exorcist
Guilty Crown
No Game No Life
Jul 5, 2015 10:11 AM

Jan 2015
Some best anime not on your list :

1. Phantom : Requiem for the Phantom (Action/Seinen)
2. Great Teacher Onizuka (Best comedy anime. Gintama is shit compared to this)
3. One Outs (One of the best psychological anime).
Jul 5, 2015 10:33 AM
Jul 2015
Mirai Nikki
Michiko to Hatchin
Kill la kill (takes like 5-10 episodes til you appreciate it fully in my opinion though)
Jul 5, 2015 11:06 AM

Jun 2013
Mawaru Penguindrum

Spread the penguin love
Jul 5, 2015 11:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
No Game No Life
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Jul 5, 2015 11:16 AM

Dec 2013
Code Geass R2
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jul 5, 2015 11:29 AM

Oct 2014
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 -- Actiony but definitely falls under the "need to watch it asap because how amazing it is" inclusion clause.
Clips:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya -- It's really the movie I have in mind but you need to watch the preceding seasons so start there.

Maria-sama ga Miteru -- Shoujo-ai but it's very ambiguous about any yuri. It's more about close friendships. Very character-driven.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jul 5, 2015 1:04 PM

Jul 2014
Bakemonogatari.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru (especially the second season).
Jul 9, 2015 5:47 AM

Aug 2009
I've watched most of the already mentioned anime, which is a little bit weird considering you said it's not on my list.

I've dropped Ao no Exorcist with 5 more episodes before i reach the end, because i can't stand it at all, i gave it too many episodes in hope it will get better, which is not, The story is so-so, the action isn't even special, i don't laugh at any of the comedy...
(I write this in case someone read it to know what kind of anime i dont like)

I put No Game No Life on hold because the unnecessary fan service, annoying little sister character
(I could stand on watching little sister act, but there is a limit to it)

I'm interested in Space Battleship Yamato 2199, since it's part of a huge series, do i have to watch it all?
Jul 9, 2015 5:53 AM

Aug 2012
how about card games on motorcycles? lol

you've watched duel monsters, why not try 5D's

also

Mushishi Zoku and Zoku Shou

Natsume Yuujinchou

But you'll still take damage!
Jul 9, 2015 6:12 AM

May 2015
In a particular order

1. Monster - http://myanimelist.net/anime/19/Monster (Didn't see it in your On-Hold, my apologies. Although this is one of the few titles that once you've sat through it once you'll find any chance you can to power through a few episodes).

2. The Tatami Galaxy - http://myanimelist.net/anime/7785/Yojouhan_Shinwa_Taikei

3. Great Teacher Onizuka - http://myanimelist.net/anime/245/Great_Teacher_Onizuka

Bonus! Gankutsuou - http://myanimelist.net/anime/239/Gankutsuou (loosely based on the novel The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas)
"Depending on who you place in the same situation, the characteristics of said incident change kaleidoscopically. In other words, there is one incident. However, there are as many stories explaining it as there are people involved in it." - Gustav St. Germain
Jul 9, 2015 6:47 AM

Mar 2013
1) Aria series (start with Aria the animation obviously)

2) Seirei no Moribito (Just a damn good show)

3)Texnholyze (This show is like Shinsekai Yori by how you have to stick with it to get a huge payoff)
Bring back down votes on reviews
Jul 9, 2015 6:54 AM

Jan 2015
1. Ergo Proxy (Sci-Fi/Mystery) similar to Psycho Pass
2. Shiki (Supernatural) similar to Tokyo Ghoul
3. Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Mecha) similar to Code Geass
Jul 9, 2015 7:28 AM

May 2014
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
Canaan
InuYasha
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 9, 2015 7:29 AM

Jan 2010
Berserk
Bounen no Xamdou
Busou renkin
Jul 9, 2015 8:28 AM

Jun 2014
Texhnolyze
Kaiji
One Outs
All credit goes to Sacred.

More topics from this board

» Feel-good light anime recommendations?

shostakovxch - 8 minutes ago

0 by shostakovxch »»
8 minutes ago

» Recommendation to watch with my cousin

weebtoge - Yesterday

7 by mo_lave »»
2 hours ago

» Anime with main Character(s) constantly on the run / evading capture.

luckyrune - Jun 9

14 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
3 hours ago

» Recommend me anime with Elves in them.

AngelicSuccubus - 9 hours ago

3 by Ohayotaku »»
8 hours ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - Yesterday

29 by JoeChip »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.