Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (56) « First ... « 45 46 [47] 48 49 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2015 12:25 PM

Sep 2014
FanEu said:

I don't mind "pussy" characters IF they actually change and develop but Shinji in EoE (basically the last episode) is actually worse than he was at the beginning

i recommend watching it again because this is just not true at all
Apr 23, 2015 12:27 PM

Feb 2015
Most terrible characters are just overly bland MCs, and since there thousands of them it's really hard to find the worst one.
Apr 23, 2015 12:28 PM

Nov 2014
FanEu said:
I don't mind "pussy" characters IF they actually change and develop but Shinji in EoE (basically the last episode) is actually worse than he was at the beginning

its just ridiculous and obvious that the creator was on some emo trip while writing that show

Indeed the creator was depressed af when he created NGE, all the characters have sad stories :(

Why do you think Shinji is worse than he was at the beginning in EoE though ?
Apr 23, 2015 12:33 PM
Apr 2015
KawaiiWeeabz said:
FanEu said:

its just ridiculous and obvious that the creator was on some emo trip while writing that show

Indeed the creator was depressed af when he created NGE, all the characters have sad stories :(

Yeah at the end of EoE maybe but during the whole movie he was the usual pussy everything is going to hell and he was butthurt over his lover Kaworu whom he knew for like one Episode

I don't know it was just not believable at all and even though NGE had a very interesting premise and overall story (Human Instrumentality, Angels etc.) they instead chose to focus on bad characters
Apr 23, 2015 12:35 PM

Mar 2015
Emiya Kiritsugu - all he does is wearing a black coat,blowing up buildings,smoking,cheating on his wife and wanting to force his wrong ideal onto the world by becoming a mahou shoujo,all that while preaching about the mistakes of former "heroes".And he is that way throughout the whole anime(Fate/Zero) and only develops in the last episode because he finally realized that his loved ones would have died.
I don't know this is just so unbelievable to me,why would someone with a flawed ideaologie like that not recognize his mistakes earlier?He was killing and betraying other people during the war but only realized his flaw and hypocrisy at the very end?
I mean I like human protagonist,especially badass edgelords,as they tend to be really flawed,but I don't like it when they just stay the same.All that because he couldn't get over the things in his past?Sorry I don't buy it.
I do like the premise of his character but I ended up being disappointed.

sounds familiar?
_HeroKenzan_Apr 23, 2015 1:17 PM
Apr 23, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2014
FanEu said:
KawaiiWeeabz said:

Yeah at the end of EoE maybe but during the whole movie he was the usual pussy everything is going to hell and he was butthurt over [spoilers]his lover Kaworu whom he knew for like one Episode[/spoiler]

I don't know it was just not believable at all and even though NGE had a very interesting premise and overall story (Human Instrumentality, Angels etc.) they instead chose to focus on bad characters

the characters are actually one of the strongest points of the show, there are hardly anime with characters written that well

people really can't get over characters that are not simplified or idealized to the max, like in most anime
Apr 23, 2015 12:36 PM

Nov 2014
FanEu said:

Maybe EoE would have been better if they focused on Asuka's mind instead of Shinji's ? He was the main character of the series so i don't know if that would have been possible though.

That could have been interesting, yea~
Apr 23, 2015 12:42 PM
Apr 2015
Imaishi said:
FanEu said:

Yeah at the end of EoE maybe but during the whole movie he was the usual pussy everything is going to hell and he was butthurt over [spoilers]his lover Kaworu whom he knew for like one Episode[/spoiler]

the characters are actually one of the strongest points of the show, there are hardly anime with characters written that well

people really can't get over characters that are not simplified or idealized to the max, like in most anime

Actually I'm not a fan of simplified and bland protags (like most Shounen or harem one's are)
I want more "human" protags (especially like anti-heroes) but definitely not some whiny brats who can't get over some Daddy issues for the whole series and a movie

Sry but I just can't see the good writing there but thats just me
Maybe I hyped myself too much (just watched NGE a few months ago)
Apr 23, 2015 1:15 PM

Sep 2010
Imaishi said:
The whole tread in one sentence. "I hate him/her so he/she is the worst". MAL community at it's worst.
There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Apr 23, 2015 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
Apr 24, 2015 5:14 AM

Sep 2010
yulytutful said:
Fred Durst
Like something bad. Also, fixed the link for you.
There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Apr 24, 2015 5:43 AM

Mar 2010
Minato from Sekirei and FUCKING Makoto from School days. (Honorable Mention goes to Kirito from SAO)
Apr 24, 2015 7:24 AM

May 2014
Worst anime character ever in my opinion is Manami from Oreimo she makes me want to bash my head against a wall for having everything I hate in a character.
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Apr 24, 2015 7:30 AM

Sep 2014
Winterluffy said:
Worst anime character ever in my opinion is Manami from Oreimo she makes me want to bash my head against a wall for having everything I hate in a character.

dont even remind me of her pls xD i almost forgot
Apr 24, 2015 7:47 AM

Sep 2014
Not counting character that are just plain annoying due to their whinning, and whatnot.

Yona from Yona of the Darn.

Omg I hate Yona, she is the most dense char ever created, she is inlove with a evil tyrant(who killed her father, and would just as easily kill her)and this so called love she supposedly feels for him, is basically based on nothing to beginwith.

Oh it gets even worse, she's basically brain dead, yet she demands that the people around her(who are like a million times smarter then her mind you), follow her lead/screwed tactical decisions(lol or what she dares pass off as such). Furthermore, she dishonors even her closest friends/companions without any care in the world.

I really hate Yona.
Apr 24, 2015 11:51 PM

Jun 2014
FanEu said:

Actually I'm not a fan of simplified and bland protags (like most Shounen or harem one's are)
I want more "human" protags (especially like anti-heroes) but definitely not some whiny brats who can't get over some Daddy issues for the whole series and a movie

The 'getting over daddy issues' thing isn't really that simple, as has been demonstrated by psychologists (Yeah, I know. 'Not a real science'), and it has been shown that juveniles particularly need to cling to a caretaking/parent figure who provides a place of safety. Most of the Eva characters suffer from this, and the psychological effects are made somewhat more obvious through exaggeration or outward demonstration.

The one character who doesn't really face the issue of being 'rejected' by parental figures is Rei, who I think is developed pretty well throughout the series, particularly in EoE, but thats really just my opinion.
Apr 25, 2015 2:16 AM

Apr 2014
BEEFSTIX said:
MAL lets us select our favorites, but how about your least favorite anime or anime related character.

For me it's either Moeka from S;G for being a socially retarded cuntwhorebitch or Kirito from SAO just for being Kirito
you just jelly of his harem skills, hes like a planet with a strong gravity
Apr 25, 2015 2:39 AM

Oct 2014
ThatUndeadLegacy said:
BEEFSTIX said:
MAL lets us select our favorites, but how about your least favorite anime or anime related character.

For me it's either Moeka from S;G for being a socially retarded cuntwhorebitch or Kirito from SAO just for being Kirito
you just jelly of his harem skills, hes like a planet with a strong gravity
That starts to annoying me.... I like him because of his personality and skills. But the girls excapt from Asuna are all annoying... And Kirito should return to the the Kirito from the first 16 eps.
Apr 25, 2015 3:43 AM

Oct 2008
Zoltor said:
Not counting character that are just plain annoying due to their whinning, and whatnot.

Yona from Yona of the Darn.

Omg I hate Yona, she is the most dense char ever created, she is inlove with a evil tyrant(who killed her father, and would just as easily kill her)and this so called love she supposedly feels for him, is basically based on nothing to beginwith.

Thanks you! Glad to see i'm not the only one thinking how that certain "love plot" is just beyond creepy and stupid at the same time.
But then again fangirls wet their panties over any badboy bishounen type of characters or reverse harems so its no surprise that they adore Su-Won as well.
Apr 25, 2015 7:28 AM
Apr 2015
DerpCat said:
FanEu said:

The 'getting over daddy issues' thing isn't really that simple, as has been demonstrated by psychologists (Yeah, I know. 'Not a real science'), and it has been shown that juveniles particularly need to cling to a caretaking/parent figure who provides a place of safety. Most of the Eva characters suffer from this, and the psychological effects are made somewhat more obvious through exaggeration or outward demonstration.

The one character who doesn't really face the issue of being 'rejected' by parental figures is Rei, who I think is developed pretty well throughout the series, particularly in EoE, but thats really just my opinion.

Yeah I see what you mean
But the world is at stake and they are worried about some pathetic daddy/mommy issues?
Sounds legit

And I wouldn't mind if they were "pussies" at the beginning but actually developed throughout the show and overcame these issues

Instead Shinji is as pathetic as ever at the start of EoE
Apr 28, 2015 1:25 AM

Jun 2014
FanEu said:

Yeah I see what you mean
But the world is at stake and they are worried about some pathetic daddy/mommy issues?
Sounds legit

And I wouldn't mind if they were "pussies" at the beginning but actually developed throughout the show and overcame these issues

Shinji is just as pathetic at the end of EoE? I thought that (and this is partially based off of the original series ending) he came to the realisation that he had to stop seeing himself as being so 'untouchable' for lack of another word. He realised that in his heart, he would rather face the world with the risk of being hurt rather than lose all individuality. Sure, its not huge growth, but from a more personal perspective, its an important one.

But, yeah, its not exactly like he manned up from his experiences, and does still seem understandably unlikable (I still like him tho).
Apr 28, 2015 1:41 AM

May 2014
FanEu said:
DerpCat said:

Yeah I see what you mean
Sounds legit

That's generally because things got worse for them instead of better, and you'll find sometimes people don't have some hidden well of strength they can draw upon in crisis situations, sometimes people just break.

If this was a wimpiest character poll, or dumbest or most annoying I would call fair game, but not worst lol
WrongPriestApr 28, 2015 1:52 AM
Apr 28, 2015 4:40 AM
Feb 2011
That has to be Tomoko Kuroki. That's so me lol
Apr 28, 2015 10:23 AM

Jan 2008
Easy question: Almost everybody who is voiced by Kaji Yuuki.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Apr 28, 2015 10:54 AM

Sep 2010
WrongPriest said:
people don't have some hidden well of strength they can draw upon in crisis situations, sometimes people just break.
Yeah, that's the first thing I usually want to throw in the face of every "tough guy" that ever accused Shinji for being "pathetic", "wimpy", "sissy", etc.:
0K, you're 14, suddenly the whole world's destiny is on your shoulders, you must fight things that can kill you in ways you can't even imagine while getting little if any benefits from that fight - and you want to tell me you'll not be scared and nervous? - Than you're just a big fat mother-fuckin' liar. 0r a kid that wants to look cool but too stupid to realize that he's spewing too obvious blatant lie.
WrongPriest said:
If this was a wimpiest character poll, or dumbest or most annoying I would call fair game, but not worst
Problem is, 95% are sure: "worst char evah = the one I hate most". Hey Stoopid, newsflash fer ya: it's not how it works.

Apr 28, 2015 11:06 AM
Apr 2015
kitsune0 said:
WrongPriest said:
people don't have some hidden well of strength they can draw upon in crisis situations, sometimes people just break.
Yeah, that's the first thing I usually want to throw in the face of every "tough guy" that ever accused Shinji for being "pathetic", "wimpy", "sissy", etc.:
0K, you're 14, suddenly the whole world's destiny is on your shoulders, you must fight things that can kill you in ways you can't even imagine while getting little if any benefits from that fight - and you want to tell me you'll not be scared and nervous? - Than you're just a big fat mother-fuckin' liar. 0r a kid that wants to look cool but too stupid to realize that he's spewing too obvious blatant lie.
WrongPriest said:
If this was a wimpiest character poll, or dumbest or most annoying I would call fair game, but not worst
Problem is, 95% are sure: "worst char evah = the one I hate most". Hey Stoopid, newsflash fer ya: it's not how it works.

I didn't mind that he was scared and nervous at first but instead of actually developing he just got worse
Apr 28, 2015 11:08 AM

May 2014
Just about the entire cast of School Days with Makoto being first. I will say that I thought the characters were alright in the first few episodes but soon, it just got stupid. Eventually, it was just:
"Let me touch you..."
"Okay."

Intercourse with everyone!
I know you like that one person I know but let's do it anyways! And again!
"Let's have a foursome just because I heard this dude has been banging some chicks lately and I want to see how good he is."
Apr 28, 2015 11:11 AM
Apr 2015
WrongPriest said:
FanEu said:

Yeah I see what you mean
Sounds legit

That's generally because things got worse for them instead of better, and you'll find sometimes people don't have some hidden well of strength they can draw upon in crisis situations, sometimes people just break.

If this was a wimpiest character poll, or dumbest or most annoying I would call fair game, but not worst lol

True he is definitely the wimpiest, dumbest and most annoying character but doesn't that also make him at least one of the worst?

I'm not asking for hidden strength I actually liked that he was a pussy at first (never wanted another Inaho who is calm and bland all the time)

But I wanted to see some development and after some failures him standing up and not just being a whiny bitch throughout the whole series
Like Takeru from Muv-Luv Alternative (similiar situations actually, don't know if you played that VN)

And Shinji's motivations for loosing it and getting emo only got more ridiculous (Kaworu lol)
Apr 28, 2015 5:30 PM

Oct 2012
FanEu said:
WrongPriest said:

True he is definitely the wimpiest, dumbest and most annoying character but doesn't that also make him at least one of the worst?

I'm not asking for hidden strength I actually liked that he was a pussy at first (never wanted another Inaho who is calm and bland all the time)

But I wanted to see some development and after some failures him standing up and not just being a whiny bitch throughout the whole series
Like Takeru from Muv-Luv Alternative (similiar situations actually, don't know if you played that VN)

And Shinji's motivations for loosing it and getting emo only got more ridiculous (Kaworu lol)

The real question is what's worse? A weak, emo boy who can pilot a robot, or a psychotic high school girl who masturbates using a school desk?
Apr 28, 2015 6:55 PM
Jul 2018
Takumi from Nana single-handedly made me drop the show, which was on its way to turning into one of my favorite shows.
Apr 28, 2015 7:27 PM

May 2014
kitsune0 said:
Problem is, I haven't seen every anime ever, so I can't objectively declare who the worst character ever is, so I will choose who the worst character is based on what I've seen, and on how I choose to define "worst".
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Apr 29, 2015 12:02 AM

Oct 2012
Kenjataimu said:
kitsune0 said:
Problem is, I haven't seen every anime ever, so I can't objectively declare who the worst character ever is, so I will choose who the worst character is based on what I've seen, and on how I choose to define "worst".

Well then, I'd have to say that my definition of "worst character" is someone who repeatedly rubs there genitals on school property.
Apr 29, 2015 2:52 AM

Jun 2014
yulytutful said:
Kenjataimu said:

Well then, I'd have to say that my definition of "worst character" is someone who repeatedly rubs there genitals on school property.

that is quite a peculiar reason you got there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 29, 2015 12:13 PM

Oct 2012
FireEmblemIke24 said:
yulytutful said:

that is quite a peculiar reason you got there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It hasn't steered me wrong yet.
Apr 29, 2015 9:23 PM

Nov 2013
Ichika Orimura from Infinite Stratos. He's more dense than the mineral Osmium
Apr 29, 2015 9:48 PM

May 2014
Yuki from Mirai Nikki was annoying af.
Apr 29, 2015 10:56 PM

May 2012
sorata from sakurasou no pet na kanojo because he took his anger out on shiina most of the time.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 30, 2015 6:06 AM

Apr 2015
Well let's seee.......

ANY FEMALE MAIN CHARACTER WITH A WEAK AND DAMSEL-IN-DISTRESS PERSONALITY!!!

I absolutely HATE those kind of females, only used to elevate the males.

in saying this, I also don't really like guys that are completely perfect and sweep you off your feet, I like them with a few flaws, funny or strange things that that they do.
Apr 30, 2015 6:07 AM
Oct 2014
I can never like Kirino, she is just too much.
Apr 30, 2015 6:09 AM

Sep 2014
MagicPotato98 said:
Well let's seee.......

in saying this, I also don't really like guys that are completely perfect and sweep you off your feet, I like them with a few flaws, funny or strange things that that they do.

I find it funny coming from someone who gave Kaichou~~ a 10 and has Usui as favourite. Misaki is exactly this kind of character - they make her out to be 'strong' etc but in the end she's just a damsel in distress that is ALWAYS saved by Usui - who once again is the absolutely perfect guy you say you don't like.
Apr 30, 2015 6:16 AM

Aug 2014
Yuki from Mirai Nikki. He always felt like a burden, Yuno had to be by his side 24/7 or he would be dead by ep 1. And it takes 26 episodes for him to actually show the love she deserved which lasted like 5 minutes.
Apr 30, 2015 6:17 AM

Jan 2015
I haven't seen much but the main character (Himeko) from Kannazuki no Miko is so cringe-worthy and pathetic. The cast of K-On!, Lucky Star and Clannad as a whole can't make up for Himeko's level of moe. And she is 16 but sounds like a 5 year old.
Apr 30, 2015 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
Imaishi said:
MagicPotato98 said:
Well let's seee.......

I find it funny coming from someone who gave Kaichou~~ a 10 and has Usui as favourite. Misaki is exactly this kind of character - they make her out to be 'strong' etc but in the end she's just a damsel in distress that is ALWAYS saved by Usui - who once again is the absolutely perfect guy you say you don't like.

People interpret bitch to mean strong.
Apr 30, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2015
There's no worst anime character.. because anime charaters need to be love~ !!!
Apr 30, 2015 11:47 AM

Sep 2010
I'd like Rias Gremory to be love. My love.

Apr 30, 2015 12:13 PM
Apr 2015
I think Naruto's getting a lot more hate than he deserves because people watched the admittedly awful English dub. Tagging 'believe it' onto every sentence was unnecessary and his voice actor was the worst. Once I switched to subs it got much better IMO.

If we're counting dubs, I think Eren Jaeger from Attack on Titan has the same problem. Admittedly, he's not the best protagonist even when subbed, but whoever they chose to voice him in English has only two speaking tones. Yelling, and hissing murderous phrases. It's horrible. My gf hates subs and so I had to watch all 25 episodes dubbed when I rewatched with her. Suffice to say it was not a pleasant experience. Almost ruined the show for me tbh.
Apr 30, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2015
Apr 30, 2015 12:18 PM

Sep 2014
CO0K13Z4Lyfe said:
This freaking guy

almost took the bait xD
Apr 30, 2015 9:35 PM

Oct 2012
mioismyshywaifu said:
There's no worst anime character.. because anime charaters need to be love~ !!!

Well you say that, but...............................

And...............................

There are anime characters that are meant to be despised, just like antagonistic/despicable characters in any other sort of fiction.
May 1, 2015 12:50 AM

Apr 2015
Arima Kousei from Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

because weak :P
Pages (56) « First ... « 45 46 [47] 48 49 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Characters that you think would NOT CARE if somebody saw them NAKED?

IpreferEcchi - 20 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
1 minute ago

» Do you like female characters who choose compassionate and kind guys?

fallout45 - 5 hours ago

24 by Prideful_Lion »»
3 minutes ago

» Troll the audience episodes

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

14 by Spunkert »»
6 minutes ago

» Who is the best troll on MAL?

Ba-Cii10 - 2 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
12 minutes ago

» What's your favorite retcon in anime?

Catalano - 14 minutes ago

0 by Catalano »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.