Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2014 4:24 PM
Jul 2014
Who is this ESdeath person and how do people know she is going to appear next episode?
Jul 27, 2014 4:49 PM

Aug 2013
Tatsumi does the typical protagonist, innocent and has the potential to become stronger, already Akame is cold and concentrated, I like characters so
many deaths will happen soon and I think the plot of the anime will have a big development ..
Jul 27, 2014 5:22 PM

Jun 2014
jonnyhan said:
Mikatarukito said:

Fuck. We must be fools if 2 seconds worth of fan service can manipulate humans to such a scale where we're aruging about it so much. AgK forums can be as bad as SAO the way how people are nit picking such trivial details.

Please may some of you people explain what exactly is so distressing about the scene 😏.. Thank you.

2 seconds? Did you forget the oppai-chan character among those assassins whose legendary weapon is supposed to transform into a cat eyed beast? Why could that not be the weapon of either of the 2 dudes? This episode may have not had as much fan service, but there is a proper setup and potential for fan service like the previous episodes that has and will make this anime mediocre.
I'd be more concerned on what soldier would wear a magic belt that turns themselves into a nekomimi, or what kind of creep would design such a thing in the first place.
To think is the living of the believer. To believe, is to think.
pw: qwertyuiop
Jul 27, 2014 5:35 PM

Jul 2014
For all the people complaining about fanservice (seriously? like 2 seconds?) no one has actually said why said fanservice is something bad. I mean, sure, aesthetically YOU might not like it, because it's not something that follows YOUR tastes in how an anime should be, but that doesn't make the episode bad.
Jul 27, 2014 5:41 PM
Oct 2010
People are legit complaining about that x-ray scene? They even put her in a sports bra bros..... stop crying over that. Aside from that, he took greater caution against akame because she's infamous, unlike tatsumi.
Jul 27, 2014 5:45 PM
Aug 2012
Jesus why are Akame's fight scenes animated so much better than Tatsumi's? This better change when Tatsumi gets the stuff.
Are people seriously complaining about the X-Ray scene? It literally lasted 3 seconds and wasn't even a clean vision of goods.
Jul 27, 2014 5:49 PM

Mar 2012
Paul said:
Anyways, it was nice to finally see Akame in action instead of her usual insta kill attacks. Her sword is a bit too OP for my taste but not like I can't do anything about it. Hope the MC gets a wep eventually.

With the development of the story you will understand that her sword is not as good as it looks like, mostly because it's weaknesses and the "unskilled part" of it's user.

Ohhhh, a death is coming soon! *_*

The adaptation obviously has lower quality than the manga but it's still excellent for a new anime.
Jul 27, 2014 5:49 PM
Jul 2014
Much, much better episode than the last two, in my opinion.

Tatsumi has the ability to be very strong, he seems to have the mindset. But without an Imperial Arms weapon like the rest of Night Raid, he looks like a big weakling! This is clearly going to change soon with the foreshadowing with the explanation of all their weapons and...well, the episode preview haha.
Jul 27, 2014 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
Great adaptation so far. I'm really impressed with how well they are sticking to the manga, the pacing and execution have been impeccable. It's all I would ask for from an adaptation and more.

I can't wait for the next episode we should finally get Esdese intro at the end of it :D.

Kokororin said:
I'd be more concerned on what soldier would wear a magic belt that turns themselves into a nekomimi, or what kind of creep would design such a thing in the first place.

You say this yet your avatar.......

Seriously the fanservice in this manga isn't anywhere near as bad as people are making it out to be. So what, there are some scantly clad girls in the show. Get over it.
FullmetalRaikouJul 27, 2014 5:54 PM
Jul 27, 2014 5:52 PM

Aug 2012
Tatsumi is unbelievably dumb and the dialogs and expositions still suck. But being quite honest, this episode was entertaining (Though I'm convinced that all of the Imperial Armors details will just be shrugged off when necessary).
PS: Attempt to depth with the bad guy's death was a minus for me, too superficial but didn't annoyed me.
Jul 27, 2014 5:52 PM
Nov 2013
Akame coming to the rescue was so fucking epic, that flip.
Oh god, even though I know what happens I am not ready for the upcoming episode..

Jul 27, 2014 5:59 PM

Oct 2013
Wow dat fanservice was well played. I applaud that
Jul 27, 2014 6:04 PM

Sep 2012
Too bad that dude got killed in just one episode, he could have been a more memorable ennemy if his backstory was fleshed out a bit more.

Anyway, quite good episode, the best of this anime so far.
Jul 27, 2014 6:12 PM
Oct 2010
CrimBlacklotus said:
Who is this ESdeath person and how do people know she is going to appear next episode?

She's probably going to be the most popular character by the end midway during this and they know she's going to appear because of the manga.
Jul 27, 2014 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
CrimBlacklotus said:
NeutralSide said:
God this Episode is so good.Just downloaded it in the highest quality and Watched it on my PsVita with my Headset on.I'm never going back with watching on Sites with low quality it ruins my Opinions.
I retract on what I said that this Adaptation is low quality.Its the best with the Fight scene and everything.
They showed the Akame-See-Through-Clothes in the manga,theres nothing wrong with it Just being faithfully True to its sources.
If you guys are going apeshit just because of this then I don't want to imagine what would happen in the future.

Why watch on a PS Vita small screen compared to a computer monitor? 0.0
this confuses me too why not download it and watch it in 1080p on your pc?..

anyway i thought the fight was well done still never gonna let those stills down they always ruin the flow for me
i'm just glad were almost done with the generic Villains and actually get to real show.
Jul 27, 2014 6:24 PM

May 2014
skudoops said:
CrimBlacklotus said:

She's probably going to be the most popular character by the end midway during this and they know she's going to appear because of the manga.

Hint: He's the wicked witch of the East!
Jul 27, 2014 6:49 PM
Aug 2011
Akame makes this so much better especially when compared to that stupid pink-haired girl from last episode.
Jul 27, 2014 6:52 PM
Jul 2013
Damn, so dark.
Jul 27, 2014 7:38 PM

Jun 2014
Akame ga Kill -- that one show where there is ALWAYS a lunar eclipse.

I sure hope this show doesnt turn into "we have to fight and kill all the other imperial arms users." But I have a bad feeling it will.
Jul 27, 2014 8:01 PM

Apr 2008
REKT said:
How fucking OP are the main characters.. I really dislike op mains but w/e.

OP? The main characters? Ahahahahahahahahahahahha (dies laughing)
Jul 27, 2014 8:08 PM

Jul 2014
CrimBlacklotus said:

Esdese <3
Jul 27, 2014 8:19 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty legit episode. IIRC it was pretty true to the manga, and probably only covered 1-2 chaps.

The animation of the fight scene was spectacular. They didn't do any quick flashes of sword swings and then the person died, they actually took the time to draw out a lengthy slashing battle which was nice.

People are complaining about the see-through eye thing but that was in the manga so calm yourselves. I will say though her tits are like super distracting, in a good way. Like when she first showed up to save Tatsumi and it had that like downwards camera angle looking up at her I'm like "wow her tie is floating like 2 feet away from her stomach from her boobs".

Speaking of White Fox boob jobs, Najenda man...I don't remember being that big in the manga at all. It always seemed like she was drawn on the flatter side, because she had that older, yet athletic butch type figure, so she had a smaller chest. Guess White Fox said fuck that, no one in this show will have small boobs.

Now the preview for next week....Schere talking with Tatsumi. Fellow manga readers, if that's the scene that I think it is...fuuuck. Anime-only watchers hold on tight. God damn I'm not even ready for this.

Oh also there are A LOT of people bitching about how cliché and corny the evil villains are in this show. To all of you: Pipe the fuck down. PLEASE. I promise you it gets way better. If you really are that impatient you can drop the show, but just wait a little bit longer.
Jul 27, 2014 8:21 PM

Jul 2014
Kokororin said:
jonnyhan said:

2 seconds? Did you forget the oppai-chan character among those assassins whose legendary weapon is supposed to transform into a cat eyed beast? Why could that not be the weapon of either of the 2 dudes? This episode may have not had as much fan service, but there is a proper setup and potential for fan service like the previous episodes that has and will make this anime mediocre.

Ur kidding right? Lionelle Teigu is really good, amplified five senses, speed, strong and good regeneration.
Jul 27, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2014
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Akame ga Kill -- that one show where there is ALWAYS a lunar eclipse.

I sure hope this show doesnt turn into "we have to fight and kill all the other imperial arms users." But I have a bad feeling it will.

It doesn't.
Jul 27, 2014 9:00 PM

Jan 2014
Just the way she said "Eliminate" the final time. That was a pretty sick fight. Seems things are stepping up every episode. Great fight and gore.
Jul 27, 2014 9:14 PM

Feb 2014
Finally made it here! I was avoiding the forum for most of the day in fear of hate comments, but it seems like everyone really liked it today which makes sense because today's episode was awesome.

I loved how they handled the fight scene. The animation was topnotch, we got to see Tatsumi rise and fall during the battle, Akame is a straight up badass, and the Kurome scene was well done.

And the Imperial Arms explanation was spot on. No complaints there.

Next episode will be the calm before the storm, but we learn a lot about Sheele (fucking love Sheele) and we get introduced to ESDESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her introduction is badass. All of you will realize just how terrifying this woman is! I'M SO EXCITED!

Jonesy974 said:

Speaking of White Fox boob jobs, Najenda man...I don't remember being that big in the manga at all. It always seemed like she was drawn on the flatter side, because she had that older, yet athletic butch type figure, so she had a smaller chest. Guess White Fox said fuck that, no one in this show will have small boobs.

Haha this part made me laugh!

But ya you gave a great analysis of the episode. I agreed with pretty much everything you said.
Jul 27, 2014 9:23 PM
Jul 2014
Temera1re said:
CrimBlacklotus said:

Esdese <3

Whoa that is pretty cool! How long did it take you to draw that?
Jul 27, 2014 9:24 PM

Feb 2014
Temera1re said:

Ur kidding right? Lionelle Teigu is really good, amplified five senses, speed, strong and good regeneration.

Just like someone else said earlier in the post chain, the haters here are almost as bad as the SAO haters with nitpicking the most stupid things.

The guy you rpelied to probably just wants attention and is just complaining to complain. Seriously, talk about a ridiculous argument.

"Leone's teiigggu is offensive because girls shouldn't be allowed to show skin! Her ability turns her into a sexual beast! Nothing more! DA FANSERVICE DA FANSERVICE!"

That's what I read at least. I wonder why some of these people even watch anime because there's exposed skin everywhere in anime. Lighten the fuck up!
Jul 27, 2014 9:40 PM

Jan 2014
Looks like Zank's mantra is in tip-top shape. He'd give Enel a run for his money.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 27, 2014 9:51 PM

Oct 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
girls shouldn't be allowed to show skin!

I agree on that, goes for guys too. Excess of anything is bad.

Better than last week. Then again, it'd be hard to be worse than last week. Can't wait till we get to the MEAT of the series... maybe 2-4 eps if memory serves. Until then, just an average anime.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jul 27, 2014 10:00 PM

Jan 2014
Why is this series so black and white? All the villains are just pure evil. Like wth? Don't let me get started with the characters, they're all one dimmensional, except akame. This show is really disappointing at the moment. it's trying too hard to be something that it's not.
Jul 27, 2014 10:17 PM

Mar 2013
Oneeyedwolf said:
Why is this series so black and white? All the villains are just pure evil. Like wth?

It's a shounen. Gotta teach those impressionable kids that rape and murder is bad and all that.

Oneeyedwolf said:
Don't let me get started with the characters, they're all one dimmensional, except akame.

lolwut, Akame is the most 1-dimensional of them all.

Oneeyedwolf said:
This show is really disappointing at the moment. it's trying too hard to be something that it's not.

All it's trying to do is be dark and have a shitton of excessive gore. I'd say it succeeds on that front. Whether or not that makes a good anime is another matter.
Jul 27, 2014 10:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Oneeyedwolf said:
Why is this series so black and white? All the villains are just pure evil. Like wth? Don't let me get started with the characters, they're all one dimmensional, except akame. This show is really disappointing at the moment. it's trying too hard to be something that it's not.
1. It's really not and you'll soon see why

2. Regarding the villains....Keep watching lol...

3. Zank wasn't one dimensional at all if you actually paid attention to the episode...And neither are anyone else in Night Raid for that matter as you'll soon see

4. Not gonna bother mentioning the last point since this episode proves that it's not the case and shows that it succeeds at what it's "trying to be"
TokoyaJul 27, 2014 10:39 PM
Jul 27, 2014 10:35 PM
Feb 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Pretty legit episode. IIRC it was pretty true to the manga, and probably only covered 1-2 chaps.

The animation of the fight scene was spectacular. They didn't do any quick flashes of sword swings and then the person died, they actually took the time to draw out a lengthy slashing battle which was nice.

People are complaining about the see-through eye thing but that was in the manga so calm yourselves. I will say though her tits are like super distracting, in a good way. Like when she first showed up to save Tatsumi and it had that like downwards camera angle looking up at her I'm like "wow her tie is floating like 2 feet away from her stomach from her boobs".

Now the preview for next week....Schere talking with Tatsumi. Fellow manga readers, if that's the scene that I think it is...fuuuck. Anime-only watchers hold on tight. God damn I'm not even ready for this.

Oh also there are A LOT of people bitching about how cliché and corny the evil villains are in this show. To all of you: Pipe the fuck down. PLEASE. I promise you it gets way better. If you really are that impatient you can drop the show, but just wait a little bit longer.
Very good words. I also read the manga and i can't wait for the other episodes, and also knowing that the incoming fights are a long way better than this one
Jul 27, 2014 10:37 PM

Jan 2014
@Tokoya We shall see, Hopefully it does get better in later episodes.
Jul 27, 2014 10:40 PM

Jun 2013
Tokoya said:
Oneeyedwolf said:

3. Zork wasn't one dimensional at all if you actually paid attention to the episode...And neither are anyone else in Night Raid for that matter as you'll soon see

4. Not gonna bother mentioning the last point since this episode proves that it's not the case and shows that it succeeds at what it's "trying to be"

He's forming his opinion of this episode and the ones that came before it and it's pretty annoying when Manga/LN fans always say "it gets way better just wait". Why couldn't it start that way instead giving us these lame back stories and predictable plot line.

Anyway, I really hope it does get better because it has A LOT of potential i'm just not liking the Black and White morality and villain of the week so far. Hopefully Tatsumi becomes better because right now he's just plain stupid and unrelatable.
Jul 27, 2014 10:48 PM

Jan 2013
Will they ever stop using those shitty tryhard watercolor stills?

And action sucks in this episode too, like every other episode. This is supposed to be an action anime, right?
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 27, 2014 10:50 PM

Feb 2014
A little amount of fanserive is always good :)
Nice episode.
Jul 27, 2014 10:51 PM

Mar 2013
DawnJ said:

And action sucks in this episode too, like every other episode. This is supposed to be an action anime, right?

The funny thing is this is the best action we've gotten so far.
Jul 27, 2014 10:57 PM

Jul 2013
fst said:

All it's trying to do is be dark and have a shitton of excessive gore. I'd say it succeeds on that front. Whether or not that makes a good anime is another matter.

this show has a ton of blood but hardly any gore
Jul 27, 2014 10:59 PM

Oct 2013
This was a tremendously awesome episode, and this is looking to be the best anime this season if it picks up the way I keep hearing it will.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 27, 2014 11:07 PM

Jan 2013
fst said:
DawnJ said:

The funny thing is this is the best action we've gotten so far.

True, and that's the problem.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 27, 2014 11:29 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FloatsBoats said:
Tokoya said:

3. Zork wasn't one dimensional at all if you actually paid attention to the episode...And neither are anyone else in Night Raid for that matter as you'll soon see

He's forming his opinion of this episode and the ones that came before it and it's pretty annoying when Manga/LN fans always say "it gets way better just wait". Why couldn't it start that way instead giving us these lame back stories and predictable plot line.

Anyway, I really hope it does get better because it has A LOT of potential i'm just not liking the Black and White morality and villain of the week so far. Hopefully Tatsumi becomes better because right now he's just plain stupid and unrelatable.
Are you for real lol? Since I have to literally spell it out for you -_-

Complaint #1 - Black and White/All the villains are "pure" evil
To an extent, yes it may seem as if this is the case but as we saw in this episode (as well as some hints from previous episodes) some (and as you will soon see, most) of the antagonist aren't all fully evil...It's been greatly expressed that the peopleat the heart of the capital (The official, the prime minister and the kid, you know, the guys calling the shots, yeah?) are the pure evil ones....The fact that we've seen guards and officials who don't agree with how the country is being ran proves this wrong...Also as we saw in the new episode, even a major serial killer suck as Zark is the man he is today because of the corruption forced upon him by his seniors. And in regards to Night Raid, we've all seen how serious these guys can get and how they can easily not give any fucks about who they kill...No matter what way you chose to look at it...Murder is still Murder and it is NOT okay even if it's for a just cause

Complaint #2 - One Dimensional characters
I admit, up until now, most of the "notable" villains have been one dimensional but as we saw in this episode Zark wasn't and he is just the beginning...I regards to Night Raid, it just baffles me how people bitch when characters don't get character development or in this case are 1-Dimensional, and then when it literally slaps the ignorant watchers in the face (That is to prove that THEY ARE NOT ONE DIMENSIONAL) they call it "lame" or "boring" *facepalm* These characters aren't one dimensional at all and its not rocket science to see it...Plus it's not like a show like SAO where there's only 1-2 main/notable fucking character so they can easily knock off introductions and backstories/developments like that in 1-2 eps..

Complaint #3 - Trying to be what it's not
Was addressed in my previous post

So your point is what now?
TyrelJul 28, 2014 12:16 AM
Jul 27, 2014 11:39 PM
Sep 2010
This episode was epic, really enjoyed the fight scenes.
Jul 27, 2014 11:41 PM

Mar 2013
Tokoya said:

DawnJ said:

I shouldn't be surprised to see a post like this, do you people have nothing better to do with your time than to just come and troll?

...but you're not denying that the action is bad?
Jul 27, 2014 11:50 PM

Oct 2013
Best episode so far although that's not saying much since I didn't like the first 3 episodes.

Loved the BL scenes between Tatsumi and Aniki. And we finally got some nice action scenes.

I was hoping they would've explored Zank's past more and how he hears voices. I don't like how most villains here are evil for the sake being evil. Hopefully the next ones have some depth.

So Sayo was the one Tatsumi loved the most? Too bad she's already dead.

Oh and all the Night Raid have those OP Imperial Arms that are supposed to be rare. Right........
Jul 27, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2012
Best episode so far, enjoyed the fight between Akame and Zank.
Jul 28, 2014 12:17 AM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned
Keep your baiting, insults and w/e else out.
Jul 28, 2014 12:24 AM

Oct 2013
Damn loved this episode fight scene was great so can't wait for the other fights.
Jul 28, 2014 12:31 AM

Mar 2013
Boombawks said:
The choreography of the action sequence wasn't great.

What choreography? I didn't see any choreography to speak of.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

332 by ImNotAdrian »»
Yesterday, 1:32 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

54 by dannymilk »»
Oct 17, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1217 by kyota521306 »»
Oct 14, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by menacce »»
Oct 6, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

581 by menacce »»
Oct 5, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.