Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
May 15, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
A good episode, the best yet.
May 15, 2014 3:12 PM
Oct 2011
Oh you guys.... seriously those that didn't understand the anime go read this chapter of the Light Novel http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=No_Game_No_Life:Volume_2_Chapter_2

IT WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING
May 15, 2014 3:29 PM
Jan 2012
Good ep and I missed the physics debate l, shame.
Though I wonder what would happen if he just went for "quarks" ,"spacetime","photon" or "waves" ,tie or insta-kill?
May 15, 2014 3:33 PM

Nov 2012
Xopiad said:
How did Shiro get Jibril to respond with Empty-Head Academic? I know he called her one but what made her respond with it?

there's no guarantee that she would say it, but Sora still took the chance
Maybe because Jibril got pushed into the corner, she use the word that she has just learned ( not enough time to think, just use anything that popped up in her head )
May 15, 2014 3:43 PM

Oct 2011
Kuro_Kishi said:
Xopiad said:
How did Shiro get Jibril to respond with Empty-Head Academic? I know he called her one but what made her respond with it?

there's no guarantee that she would say it, but Sora still took the chance
Maybe because Jibril got pushed into the corner, she use the word that she has just learned ( not enough time to think, just use anything that popped up in her head)

Also when she couldn't speak added to this situation which made her use that word.
May 15, 2014 3:46 PM

Feb 2009
Xopiad said:

The word is "闇弱" read as "Anjaku" which mean ignorant and weak. Sora called her that because he want to provoke her because she is a weapon made to kill but in this game world, her existence is worthless, and Sora provoke her with that. Jibril use that word at the end because she think she had win because she can draw light to continue the game and because, without atmosphere, Sora and Shiro will lost, hence she use "anjaku" to them, human.
shirouxMay 15, 2014 3:49 PM
May 15, 2014 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
dam
he will do anything to win a game
even if it means violating his sis lol
May 15, 2014 4:45 PM
Oct 2012
Xopiad said:

Two reasons: first as others pointed out pyschology. Jibiri wanted to throw the words back into Sora's face.

But more importantly I believe: those were the only characters that Jibiri could write in kanji. She had never seen the script before, that was why Sora wrote the word instead of saying it. When she lost the ability to speak she was stuck in being able to communicate a word in writing to Sora, I believe she would have lost if she had written in a language he could not understand (and she had no reason to suspect that they could read any of their languages). So all she had were those two characters, but even better it was exactly what she wanted to communicate.

Even if she wouldn't have lost using another script, those two characters were a perfect way of cementing her race's "superiority", Sora's genius is that he plants the seed and then waits for it to bloom. Knowing as he did where things were going to go, he had this set up from the beginning. All he needed to know was that Jibiri's pride prevented her from admit she didn't know something (the only time she did was when she was overcome with lust when she realized they were aliens). Remember when Sora showed her the words to begin with, she claimed she knew what it meant. That was her downfall, he knew she didn't. He then confirmed it with the hydrogen bomb.

Also, a clear foreshadow of Jibiri's lack of respect about the unknown was shown at the beginning, she confidently stated that it was impossible for beings from another dimension to stay, and then when she was proven wrong, she didn't care to ask them HOW they did it. That was another clue for Sora.
May 15, 2014 5:25 PM

Dec 2009
I just had an out of body experience
May 15, 2014 5:31 PM

Mar 2013
One question: What's holding Steph's tail on here? https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10376002_776431162375696_7923457373040268203_n.jpg
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 15, 2014 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
Holy. Shit.

That physics....10/10 episode.
"Komugi, are you there?"

May 15, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, that episode was completely crazy. Blown my mind.

Starting with hydrogen bomb, what a crazy first move xD

I loved how each time I thought that they had her and Jibril was coming back, they were always one step further :)

What a fucking great episode, that's seriously top-tier anime.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 15, 2014 6:28 PM

Jul 2011
Damn what an episode. The show always seems to catch me off-guard, being all humorous one second, and bam. Right back to business.
May 15, 2014 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
It was a good episode but it would of been good if Jibril, Sora and Shiro had actually gotten a little scorched from being so close to the Earth's core as would of been the case if it was a yami no game. How was Sora able to summon a hydrogen bomb though? According to the rules you can't summon something that doesn't exist and a hydrogen bomb would not exist in the fantasy game world they are in.

Lol the whole reason he did it was to see if the normal world physics still applied, which they obviously did which was why he could do all that stuff at the end of the episode.
"Komugi, are you there?"

May 15, 2014 7:34 PM

Dec 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Xopiad said:

Two reasons: first as others pointed out pyschology. Jibiri wanted to throw the words back into Sora's face.

But more importantly I believe: those were the only characters that Jibiri could write in kanji. She had never seen the script before, that was why Sora wrote the word instead of saying it. When she lost the ability to speak she was stuck in being able to communicate a word in writing to Sora, I believe she would have lost if she had written in a language he could not understand (and she had no reason to suspect that they could read any of their languages). So all she had were those two characters, but even better it was exactly what she wanted to communicate.

Even if she wouldn't have lost using another script, those two characters were a perfect way of cementing her race's "superiority", Sora's genius is that he plants the seed and then waits for it to bloom. Knowing as he did where things were going to go, he had this set up from the beginning. All he needed to know was that Jibiri's pride prevented her from admit she didn't know something (the only time she did was when she was overcome with lust when she realized they were aliens). Remember when Sora showed her the words to begin with, she claimed she knew what it meant. That was her downfall, he knew she didn't. He then confirmed it with the hydrogen bomb.

Also, a clear foreshadow of Jibiri's lack of respect about the unknown was shown at the beginning, she confidently stated that it was impossible for beings from another dimension to stay, and then when she was proven wrong, she didn't care to ask them HOW they did it. That was another clue for Sora.

And this is exactly why, ladies and gentlemen, that this show is deserving of the 10/10 which I placed on it from the very first episode.

The games are all cleverly executed, the banter and action in-game are epic, but the only problem we have in the animation is that we don't get to see all the "behind-the-back" maneuvering which Blank (well, Sora mostly) does in order to attain his highest possible percentage chances of winning. We only get tidbits like when Jibril admits to having lost ever since the first move, and sometimes a good explanation from Sora's inner monologues or from their "post game interviews" as I'd like to call them. Sigh... how I wish we could split this show into 26 episodes and have them explain everything. At least that way we wouldn't have a bunch of nit-pickers trying to slate how awesome and epic this show is.

Jibril drooling over the tablet was even better animated than in words! I absolutely love this Flugel!

Sora trying to keep everything strictly under R-18, and deferring to Shiro for her approval. Bahahaha! Omega Good Job!

Next episode can't come soon enough, and I'm seriously hoping that they actually DO come out with another season! 13 episodes for the most epic anime of the season is WAY too short!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 15, 2014 7:35 PM

Aug 2013
I can't get over how awesome the artwork is. and it has that same fantasy-blur that I saw and loved in Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. Fantasy anime rocks.
May 15, 2014 7:43 PM
Jul 2013
Sageof6Paths said:
I have a question, does beating Jibril count as beating the Flugel race? Or does Sora need to beat whoever is holding the chess piece that represents the race to count as beating the race?

jibril is the youngest and the strongest from the flugel race so that would be yes
May 15, 2014 7:59 PM

Apr 2014
This shit is intense. Love this anime.
May 15, 2014 8:13 PM
Mar 2009
Good god, the Engrish was back. And why is Shiro still wearing Steph's panties on her head?

Dat body inspection, had to turn down my volume because it got REALLY awkward.

HAHAHA, best shiritori game ever. They worked together to somehow pass the censors for nudity. LOL. Though I'm quite sure they broke quite a few laws of physics, that was still epic.

So Jibril decided to serve Blank as her new master? What. Is this the start of the king's harem?
May 15, 2014 8:14 PM
Jul 2013
questions a lot of questions

1.why didn't the lithosphere collapse when mantle and crust already disappear?
2. isn't lithosphere part of the crust?
3.how is there a hyper nova?
4.how did jibril regain her voice and able to speak again?
5.what about the joke that involves the words "nether ____" and then steph reacts?
May 15, 2014 8:37 PM
Oct 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:
MC is OP. Kinda ruin for me.

So now beating your opponent with knowledge is OP? He only used what we could learn in high schools. Real science or not, if just for this episode, there isn't much overpowering.
May 15, 2014 8:46 PM

Jul 2011
kramXD said:

5.what about the joke that involves the words "nether ____" and then steph reacts?

1. It's supposed to be Mantle and Outer Core, the Lithosphere wouldn't ahve collapsed that quickly.
2.Yes
3.sudden removal of Coulumbs Force (but this is kind of iffy)
4.She wasn't speaking in vacuum, it's called inner monologue.
5.It's not nether region, he said pussy

See http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1176967 for the actual words used in the game.
May 15, 2014 9:50 PM

Oct 2012
Sucks that this series is only going to be 12 episodes long. T^T
May 15, 2014 9:55 PM

May 2011
kramXD said:

DivAsakust said:
kramXD said:

1. It's supposed to be Mantle and Outer Core, the Lithosphere wouldn't ahve collapsed that quickly.
2.Yes
3.sudden removal of Coulumbs Force (but this is kind of iffy)
4.She wasn't speaking in vacuum, it's called inner monologue.
5.It's not nether region, he said pussy

See http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1176967 for the actual words used in the game.

the sudden removal of Coulumbs force (electrostatic force) would mean that only gravitation force of particles would remain causing a sudden collapse of atoms leading to a hypernova. that was the theory anyways.

The rest has been explained DivAsakust.

---------------------------

Who else feels sorry for Steph and wish that she'd stop being used as the butt of jokes and decoys.
May 15, 2014 10:24 PM

Oct 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I'd be lying if I said I would have expected much better out of an LN story.

This is probably one of the stupider things I see people type in anime/manga forums. Bad writing is present almost every single form of entertainment. Shit you read in LN is just as prevalent in manga and some anime. Hell, you get stuff like Twilight in the west. If you think the story is bad, just say it's bad. Saying stuff like "Oh...it's a Japanese LN blah blah blah" is nothing but ignorance.
CheesekaoMay 15, 2014 10:33 PM
May 15, 2014 10:54 PM

Apr 2010
May 15, 2014 11:45 PM

Jun 2013
This anime is absolutely amazing, definitely one of the best this season!
May 16, 2014 12:16 AM

Aug 2013
SO. FUCKIN. EPIC.
*insert philosophical quote here*
May 16, 2014 2:21 AM

Jul 2009
well that certainly was something.

what brought them all back to life at the end though? the games dont remove them from reality, do they?
KurogashiMay 16, 2014 2:45 AM
May 16, 2014 2:53 AM
Jan 2012
kramXD said:

the sudden removal of Coulumbs force (electrostatic force) would mean that only gravitation force of particles would remain causing a sudden collapse of atoms leading to a hypernova. that was the theory anyways.

bit iffy bout that since the removal of the electrostatic force would remove all friction, photons, heat(which are photons) and pressure so there wouldnt be even the counter-force required for the hypernova to occur and even if it did occur no one would have died since heat no longer exists and particles can no longer interact with one another. though i guess they still technically win since all communication is now impossible and and time still exists.

well thats just me being nitpicky
May 16, 2014 3:06 AM

Jan 2013
episode didn't make any sense at all . this series is just bending logic and rules the way it wants in order to make the average viewer think it made sense... so many plotholes in one game.

and that lolicon incest kiss. perverts gonna get off to that...ugh. "but that was totally important for them to survive!" no...they purposely went that way with the plot so they could show them kiss and to please the incest lover.
May 16, 2014 3:40 AM
Feb 2014
AllTJAck said:
kramXD said:

bit iffy bout that since the removal of the electrostatic force would remove all friction, photons, heat(which are photons) and pressure so there wouldnt be even the counter-force required for the hypernova to occur and even if it did occur no one would have died since heat no longer exists and particles can no longer interact with one another. though i guess they still technically win since all communication is now impossible and and time still exists.

well thats just me being nitpicky

Hmm? You are kinda mixing things a bit up here.

Warning: Do not open the spoiler if you have zero interest in physics ^^

May 16, 2014 4:05 AM

May 2010
I like Jibril already, didn't expect that. I am enjoying Steph a lot.

I guess, this proves it is R+. All that incest. I like how smart this show is proving to be.

I wonder how are the BDs selling...

10/10 again. 3 in a row, woo
May 16, 2014 4:22 AM

Mar 2013
Best episode !
Omega Good Job!
May 16, 2014 5:07 AM
Feb 2014
Kurogashi said:
well that certainly was something.

what brought them all back to life at the end though? the games dont remove them from reality, do they?

Well it doesn't really remove them from reality but it has the same concept as a virtual reality game; as Jibril said, after the game was over all changes will be undone or to be more precise what happens in the game stays in the game.

If you know Jumanji then just like there; after the game was over all things that originated in that game went back to it ;-)
May 16, 2014 5:30 AM

Jun 2008
Sageof6Paths said:
I have a question, does beating Jibril count as beating the Flugel race? Or does Sora need to beat whoever is holding the chess piece that represents the race to count as beating the race?

Actually, in the novel, Jibril wanted to bet her entire race for the 40k books, but Sora had to refuse, because it would have taken Jibril a bit over 100 years to take over the council. But then again, it might have been mere mockery from her part, saying, that no matter what she bets, she risks nothing.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Probably giving this one a 2.5/5 since at least the resolution to the game was kind of good and I appreciated Yukari Tamura showing her range again as Jibril. Still the game aspects of this show just continue to rely on a lot of bullshit made up logic and rules that take away almost completely from it while the comedy and fanservice is just kind of typical stuff I've again seen in plenty of shows before (even some of the same jokes and nods) if given above average production values.

Actually, the logic behind most of the games is quite sound, if you bother to think about it, rather than dismiss it.
But then again, I personally think a bit less focus on the fanservice, so that they could have included some important parts of the game, like how when Sora said luggage, he actually had to think of different implications of the word, to make sure Steph doesn't dissapear.
Or alternatively, they could have simply just sliced off a small bit from this episode's end and tacked it at the beginning of the next episode, considering how it's going to be a slightly underwhelming episode for most. (but then again, if someone didn't notice, that this show is a rollercoaster ride, then they are just hopeless Stephs themselves...)
Also, some things Sora told Jibril at the end would have been better off said, rather than cut... But meh, pacing isn't easy, when you've got a thight schedule.

Also, am I the only one thinking, that the "Omega Good Job" is actually a Disgaea reference? I mean, in that game (Well, if memory serves that is) the Omega spells are the strongest version, at least in the elemental schools.
May 16, 2014 5:31 AM

Jul 2013
Heh, using the unknown to that world's logic of science against her... well done, well done indeed. :)
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
May 16, 2014 5:34 AM

May 2012
Jibril is so hot
May 16, 2014 5:34 AM

Feb 2012
They might as well show Sora's penis without the hole. Were the boobs necessary? o.O they looked so weird without nipples.

Other then that, it was great. :)

May 16, 2014 5:52 AM

Jan 2012
This episode was so amazing and educational :oo Best anime 2014 imo xP
May 16, 2014 6:53 AM
Oct 2012

What holds an actual dog's tail on? Steph isn't playing a dog, she was actually turned into a were-beast type dog. So the ears and tails are part of her until the end of the day. That was why last episode the town people were so leery of her, they thought she was a were-beast. Remember magic ensures that what you promise becomes true, they exploited that.

Another point I wanted to make is that many errors or questions that people has posed were NOT the result of the story, but the result of the subbers attempt to translate some very difficult Japanese into English. A good example was the mistake they may between "crust" and "outer core", it is the exact same word as pronounced, "crust" is far more used, so of course the translators thought of it, however the Kanji made it clear that outer core was used.

So a word of warning, since the plot of this story relies extremely heavily on puns and upon the natural ambiguity in Japanese (where understand often requires context), the first versions of translations are going to be inferior because it is particularly hard with this show. I suggest rather than think that the error is with the source you come here and ask a question (someone doing that is what lead to noticing the difference between crust and outer core), because as the last 3 episodes have shown, once you square everything away there is a great deal of logic to the story.

Also several people have wondered why 闇弱 was translated as "Empty-Head Academic". That actually is an archaic interpretation of those characters, so it wasn't a bad translation per se, but with ideograms there are always multiple interpretations.

I forgot to point it out earlier, but another reason she (or in this case the writer) used these characters is that they mean independently "Sound" "Weak". So in this case everything I wrote above was true, but also it ironically hinted that what would kill them was their "sound" was "too weak" (in that he couldn't say anything) and she was using that only many different levels.

Oh thought of another reason, this one probably most in keeping with Jibiri's thoughts. 闇弱 mostly means a theory that has a failure in it, immediately before she wrote that Jibiri said that this was the limit to what Imanity could do, so 闇弱 basically was saying "nice try, but you really didn't think that through"
May 16, 2014 7:04 AM
Jan 2012
Caleb8980 said:

May 16, 2014 7:15 AM
Oct 2012
xshizuneix said:
They might as well show Sora's penis without the hole. Were the boobs necessary? o.O they looked so weird without nipples.

That may actually be a good question. When Sora said "Ma*to" he looked at Shiro, who then nodded. So there obviously was some point to it (outside of some really funny humor, another old reference, and gentle teasing of fanservice in general (similar to Mr. Steam in the first episode).

But can anyone think of a reason why it would matter? I can think of one: nipples (and I bet Sora's disappeared as well) and a woman's "neither region", are some of the most sensitive places to dry out, so what Sora was really doing was preparing them for being in the vacuum (male "neither regions" don't have that issue as much). So there was a point to that.

As for the clothing, that I think was more for the fun of the situation, but at the same time it distracted Jibili from Sora's main intent and it allowed to remove "mantle" while suggesting all he was doing was bringing "mantles" (popular type of cloak in Japan) back.

As for the kiss, there was a point there. It allowed Shiro and Sora to recycle their breathing so that they would last a bit longer than Jibili. Oxygen is at a lower pressure than the carbon dioxide in exhaust, so while they recycled it, they prevented the oxygen from entering into their system. Being by herself Jibiri didn't have this ability. Now I could be wrong on the science here, but in that they specifically mentioned that oxygen had lower pressure, I am guessing it was along these lines.
May 16, 2014 7:21 AM
Oct 2012
AllTJAck said:

May 16, 2014 7:40 AM

Feb 2013
Man, I guess knowledge can be very lewd if you look at it in a certain way. This show continues to impress me episode after episode.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
May 16, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
antonn said:
No Science No Life.

Look wat ya started below your comment ;P
May 16, 2014 8:12 AM

Oct 2012
The Dankey Kang reference was the best.
May 16, 2014 9:00 AM

Dec 2009
thepath said:
Jibril is so hot

this too
May 16, 2014 9:46 AM

Dec 2012
Okay, this episode has officially won me over. Sticking with this series until the end, that was ABSOLUTELY epic. By the way, what's up with all these people nit-picking the crap outta this anime just because they didn't like something about it? It's entertaining, go be a negative-nancy elsewhere!
Uber_DewberMay 16, 2014 9:54 AM
May 16, 2014 11:56 AM

Feb 2014
Loved the science in this episode. And I hope all the battles are going to be like this. First bit of real echhi happening.Still an awesome anime.
Pages (15) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One decade later and still no Season 2

JustSomeone15 - May 16

44 by namazuFish »»
May 21, 1:46 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.