Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Feb 25, 2014 8:42 PM
Feb 2012
arikatoki said:
Because I always felt like One Piece is WAAAY more popular worldwide than Bleach

worldwide yeah , but america? no way , bleach been popular for a good 7 years in the usa . one piece always had a bad taste in america cuz of that crazy 4kids dub . it wasnt till funimation picked it up 4 dub ppl starting to check it out again
Feb 25, 2014 8:51 PM

Apr 2013
SALES
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Feb 25, 2014 8:57 PM

May 2013
The big three for me(and like most of my friends who watches anime) has always been Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. The first to be the most popular and the latter to be less. Just ask people outside Japan which they prefer, Naruto or One Piece. They'll go for Naruto just because.
Feb 26, 2014 12:47 AM

Jan 2012
tsudecimo said:
Shiniya said:
I think that "Big 3" is an old term which is used for dat Shounens /Naruto, Bleach and OP/ but I think that "Era" is far far away...
Bleach was stopped, Naruto lovers are disapointed cause of fillers.

There are new bright animes which is looking for first places in otaku hearts for ex. Toriko.

The best anime in the world doesn't exist. Only the numbers that shows number of views. That's all.

I was expecting you to say Attack on titan and maybe even Fairy Tail but Toriko?

Toriko is like the most unpopular long running shounen by far. Even in this site it's not popular let alone to the casual watchers.

Otaku =/= anime fan.

you're not very bright are you?
first claiming bleach is more popular than op and now this
are you lupadim 2.0?
Feb 26, 2014 1:02 AM

Dec 2012
Feb 26, 2014 1:20 AM

Jul 2013
Why? Maybe because it's le craaaazyy popular? Just check out the sales. One Piece is waay ahead of the rest (though I fail to see the reason of this :P)
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Feb 26, 2014 1:49 AM

Jan 2012
Tyrantarmy6 said:
Why? Maybe because it's le craaaazyy popular? Just check out the sales. One Piece is waay ahead of the rest (though I fail to see the reason of this :P)
Because it's truly the best shounen that's why you fail
Feb 26, 2014 1:56 AM

Jul 2013
renders said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:

Failure is a necessary step on the road to achievement.

I'd like to believe that but I would have to watch it to do so, and that would take years :P

I do plan to sometime watch it once more though
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Feb 26, 2014 2:36 AM

Jan 2014
Tyrantarmy6 said:
renders said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:

I'd like to believe that but I would have to watch it to do so, and that would take years :P

Or I could make your life easier: It's not even close to being the best.

It needs to wiggle out of the big 3/fairy tail circle which keep topping each other in the battle of mediocrity first, in order to try and be the best some point later.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 3:41 AM

Oct 2009
one piece is popular thats why its in the "big 3" to say its not popular is just ignorant
Feb 26, 2014 3:53 AM

Jan 2012
judals said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:
renders said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:

It needs to wiggle out of the big 3/fairy tail circle which keep topping each other in the battle of mediocrity first, in order to try and be the best some point later.

they don't top each other ignorant-san
it's one piece and then the rest
Feb 26, 2014 4:04 AM

Jan 2014
renders said:
judals said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:
renders said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:

Arcs like Fishman Island, disagree.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 4:06 AM

Jan 2012
judals said:
renders said:
judals said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:
renders said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:

you need to watch more than 10 shows before getting into arguments like these
Feb 26, 2014 4:06 AM

Jun 2011
ross123456 said:
one piece is popular thats why its in the "big 3" to say its not popular is just ignorant

People seem to care more about which of the big 3 is more popular. ~.~
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 26, 2014 4:08 AM
Sep 2013
judals said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:
renders said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:

From what I hear the Dressrosa arc is kicking ass. You could make the case for the anime but that isn't the author's fault.
Feb 26, 2014 4:22 AM

Jan 2014
judals said:
renders said:
judals said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:
renders said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:

Fishman Island was still better than majority of Fairy Tail, and arcs like the Heaven's arena and Rescue Killua etc.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 26, 2014 4:27 AM

Jan 2012
RedRoseFring said:
judals said:
renders said:
judals said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:
renders said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:

Fishman Island was still better than majority of Fairy Tail, and arcs like the Heaven's arena and Rescue Killua etc.

I consider fishman island arc like going back to the roots kinda like what kubo did with the shitty fullbringer arc,we had a timeskip here and we needed to see our main characters being badasses before going to the new world
plus fishman island was more relevant than the skypea one,we found out more about arlong,jimbei,the ancient weapon,the tiger that saved the amazones
Feb 26, 2014 4:34 AM

Jan 2014
renders said:
RedRoseFring said:
judals said:
renders said:
judals said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:
renders said:
Tyrantarmy6 said:

I consider fishman island arc like going back to the roots kinda like what kubo did with the shitty fullbringer arc,we had a timeskip here and we needed to see our main characters being badasses before going to the new world
plus fishman island was more relevant than the skypea one,we found out more about arlong,jimbei,the ancient weapon,the tiger that saved the amazones

Aside from the other guy's desperate attempts at trying to put together hxh arcs with ft arcs for almost a month now (elitism at its finest), I'll comment on the fullbring arc thing, it wasn't good, but not as bad as Fishman Island.

The only argument about FI being good is how it had important stuff for the future. So? Let's cross that bridge when we come to it. Producing a bad arc while including hints about something that will be re-introduced later that may or may not be just as bad, isn't a redeeming quality.

Throwing 'hints' is supposed to demonstrate how a writer knows what he's doing. It's hardly convincing when he throws them in the middle of an arc this bad.
Feb 26, 2014 4:50 AM

Nov 2012
judals said:
I'll comment on the fullbring arc thing, it wasn't good, but not as bad as Fishman Island.

You just lost whatever credibility you had with that statement. Fishman Island did what it attempted to do far better than what Fullbring arc attempted to do.
Feb 26, 2014 4:52 AM

Jan 2014
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:
I'll comment on the fullbring arc thing, it wasn't good, but not as bad as Fishman Island.

You just lost whatever credibility you had with that statement. Fishman Island did what it attempted to do far better than what Fullbring arc attempted to do.

No. That's just some elitist statement because people like to hate on bleach/naruto to validate their unconditional love for one piece.
Feb 26, 2014 4:56 AM

Jan 2012
judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

No. That's just some elitist statement because people like to hate on bleach/naruto to validate their unconditional love for one piece.

dude you barely seen a few shows you have no idea what you're talking about
Feb 26, 2014 4:59 AM

Jan 2014
renders said:
judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

dude you barely seen a few shows you have no idea what you're talking about

What? That I think FB is not as bad as FI? What does that even got to do with it?
What does "FI did what it attempted to do" even mean? What did it aim for? Being bad?
Feb 26, 2014 5:08 AM

Nov 2012
judals said:
What? That I think FB is not as bad as FI? What does that even got to do with it?
What does "FI did what it attempted to do" even mean? What did it aim for? Being bad?

Feb 26, 2014 5:15 AM

Jan 2014
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

So in order for an arc to be good, it just has to make a bucket list?
Irrational racial hatred? We don't know that before? Is this some deep message?

Note to self: Any writer who says "[something] is bad, mm'kay" is a good one, and that is deep story-telling.
Do I need to remind you of how this whole issue was triggered for the SH? Answer: Fanservice nosebleeds for one third of the arc.

Introducing yonko/weapons; how does that redeem the arc? Were they in this arc? No. They were just hyped for the future as an excuse for the quality of the current arc.
Tiger flashback, which was quite generic and nothing well-done.

An arc's main aim is to be good, itself.
Feb 26, 2014 5:45 AM

Nov 2012
judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

Note to self: Any writer who says "[something] is bad, mm'kay" is a good one, and that is deep story-telling.
Do I need to remind you of how this whole issue was triggered for the SH? Answer: Fanservice nosebleeds for one third of the arc.

Introducing yonko/weapons; how does that redeem the arc? Were they in this arc? No. They were just hyped for the future as an excuse for the quality of the current arc.

SuperRedFeb 26, 2014 5:50 AM
Feb 26, 2014 5:49 AM

Jan 2014
It was the Oda's first and most serious attempt to introduce and write about a real life social issue

then he did a terrible job at it. He also tried to do it with drugs, twice and also failed. Same with the half-made slavery theme.

Moral of the story: Adding a theme doesn't make it any better. Not that i was't acknowledging the existence of it, I said "the arc was bad" which included the story and its subplots and whatever messages it tried to convey for the most part, whether they tried to reflect what happens in the real world or are completely based on fiction.
Feb 26, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2012
judals said:
It was the Oda's first and most serious attempt to introduce and write about a real life social issue

then he did a terrible job at it. He also tried to do it with drugs, twice and also failed. Same with the half-made slavery theme.

How?
Feb 26, 2014 6:03 AM

Jan 2014
Isn't judals the guy who said he couldn't bear to watch FI arc and just read the wikia? Or I mistake him for someone else since they are really similar...
Feb 26, 2014 6:06 AM

Jan 2014
wanderingplayboy said:
Isn't judals the guy who said he couldn't bear to watch FI arc and just read the wikia? Or I mistake him for someone else since they are really similar...

If you're referring to my argument with Jals9(name?) I was the one who said it shouldn't be done. Not that I make a fuss when people do it though.

D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

How?

How not?
Feb 26, 2014 6:08 AM

Jun 2011
wanderingplayboy said:

I don't know if he did, but CeeTwo did something similar, I have no idea why he never online since then though, I enjoyed his jokes.
Feb 26, 2014 6:10 AM

Jun 2011
The way I see it, FI isn't as bad as most people say it is but the reason why it doesn't feel as "good" as most of the other arcs is because its a step-down from the shit that happened just before the timeskip. It's the same for the FB arc, which also happened just after a timeskip so the "scale" in both decreased.

judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

The Tiger flashback will play a bit more of a significant role later, you'll see. Do you read the manga? I won't say anything against your criticisms because you do bring up some good points It felt more like setup, imo, to the current arc as well as the future arcs. Especially with the yonko stuff.

Feb 26, 2014 6:12 AM

Dec 2012
ToG25thBaam said:

I don't know if he did, but CeeTwo did something similar, I have no idea why he never online since then though, I enjoyed his jokes.

He is busy with his new persona.
Feb 26, 2014 6:13 AM

Jan 2014
SolBlade said:
The way I see it, FI isn't as bad as most people say it is but the reason why it doesn't feel as "good" as most of the other arcs is because its a step-down from the shit that happened just before the timeskip. It's the same for the FB arc, which also happened just after a timeskip so the "scale" in both decreased.

judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

The Tiger flashback will play a bit more of a significant role later, you'll see. Do you read the manga? I won't say anything against your criticisms because you do bring up some good points It felt more like setup, imo, to the current arc as well as the future arcs. Especially with the yonko stuff.

If Fisher has some good part later on, good for him (and me).
But it won't change my view of whatever arc he originally appeared in that I didn't quite like. I don't see it as a redeeming factor.

The yonko being imortant is a given (top tiers in shonen? sure), so they can be mentioned anytime and people would consider that part essential.

Edit: Just to be clear: It's not that I had expectations of battles like Marineford's scale. To be quite honest I did not enjoy the main part of that arc, only the aftermath.

Fishman Island felt like 50 episodes of almost nothing. It doesn't take a reference level to dislike that. Not for me anyway.
GrunbeldFeb 26, 2014 6:20 AM
Feb 26, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
wanderingplayboy said:

CeeTwo was funny. Especially when he used Wikipedia summaries to criticise something.

judals said:
SolBlade said:

judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

If Fisher has some good part later on, good for him (and me).
But it won't change my view of whatever arc he originally appeared in that I didn't quite like. I don't see it as a redeeming factor.

The yonko being imortant is a given (top tiers in shonen? sure), so they can be mentioned anytime and people would consider that part essential.

You'll see what I mean by importance in the current arc with regards to Fisher and co. I'll hold back from spoilers but you get the idea.

That's true. Though the thing about the Yonko thus far is that Big Mom is the biggest one this time around.... I'll leave it there to prevent spoilers.
SolosFeb 26, 2014 6:18 AM

Feb 26, 2014 6:22 AM

Jan 2014
I thought the "newest" yonko is the biggest one, I see him as a final villain as many do
Oh well, if that fat woman's got something interesting then I'd be pleasantly surprised.

The one thing that makes me believe Dressrosa is going to improve on the previous arcs (atm) is its antagonist
Feb 26, 2014 6:27 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Joke of the day, made me lol. XD

SolBlade said:

You'll see what I mean by importance in the current arc with regards to Fisher and co.

I don't see that though, am I blind?
Feb 26, 2014 6:33 AM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Never know you can be this funny lmao
Feb 26, 2014 7:09 AM

Nov 2012
judals said:
wanderingplayboy said:

If you're referring to my argument with Jals9(name?) I was the one who said it shouldn't be done. Not that I make a fuss when people do it though.

D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

How?

How not?

He is talking about someone who coincidentally shares the
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

judals join date:
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Judals join date: Jan 25 2014
CeeTwo last login: Jan 21, 2014

Favorite Animes: Fullmetal Alchemist 2003, Hunter x Hunter, Death Note, JoJo's

Hmmmm...
Feb 26, 2014 7:15 AM

Jan 2014
D0FLAMINGO said:

He is talking about someone who coincidentally shares the join date

I joined around after episode 113 of HxH came out, so?

Anyway, you're talking about a guy who created 30+ alts to vote for naruto here, and coincidentally vote for sasuke in the avenger thread, as well as a certain episode of a certain series he disliked.

As for my favorites, Berserk, Final Fantasy to add, what about them?
Feb 26, 2014 7:15 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

LOL, wasn't CeeTwo already the alt account of HurricaneSweet. LOL. Who knows if he doesn't have other accounts.
Feb 26, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2012
SetsukoHara said:
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

LOL, wasn't CeeTwo already the alt account of HurricaneSweet. LOL. Who knows if he doesn't have other accounts.

CeeTwo Join date: August 24, 2013
Hurricane Sweet last login: August 24, 2013

Lol
Feb 26, 2014 7:37 AM

Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

I'm looking forward to the next one. I think I liked CeeTwo, he was funny sometimes.
Feb 26, 2014 8:09 AM
Dec 2013
bpSORE said:

worldwide yeah , but america? no way , bleach been popular for a good 7 years in the usa . one piece always had a bad taste in america cuz of that crazy 4kids dub . it wasnt till funimation picked it up 4 dub ppl starting to check it out again

Really? I always thought that Bleach is kinda irrelevant outside of Japan...never have I been so wrong
Feb 26, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

You still didn't explain how FI is still not much better than the HxH arcs I mentioned. I'd go so far as to say that it's better than those arcs combined ;)
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 27, 2014 6:30 PM
Feb 2012
arikatoki said:
bpSORE said:

Really? I always thought that Bleach is kinda irrelevant outside of Japan...never have I been so wrong

if anything bleach and naruto are the biggest / most popular shows in america since DBZ arguably .
one piece is still the big 3 though . its been popular and back in mid 2000s all three shows were amazing storywise and the ratings were sky high compare to other shows . plus i remember seeing the shounen magazines and it always was luffy , naruto n ichigo on the covers so i always thought that was the name big 3 came from.

judals said:

LOL , both were trash no need to see which 1 is better .

Feb 27, 2014 9:25 PM

Dec 2012
bpSORE said:
[i remember seeing the shounen magazines and it always was luffy , naruto n ichigo on the covers so i always thought that was the name big 3 came from.

That's where the term was coined. ''Big 3'' manga in Shounen Jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBcLKA6oNYg

Naruto only beat one piece once and Bleach only beat Naruto once.
Apr 15, 2015 3:51 AM
Jul 2014
In America it is
better, Naruto Make's about 5 Million
sales of the Manga each year while
One Piece makes about 3.8 Million

The gaps are getting closer year by year ...because of one piece popularity.

However, In Japan One Piece Rapes.
Naruto Makes about 7.8 (At its prime) Million Copies
of the manga each year. One Piece
makes 35.3Million (at its prime) copies each year.

From a world wide view, Naruto is more
popular in USA and Canada,
One Piece is more Popular in Japan,
Mexico, Russia, Italy, France, China, Tia
Land, Australia, Germany, India, and
the Philippines Islands.
Apr 15, 2015 3:55 AM

Jan 2015
Damn necros
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 15, 2015 4:04 AM

Jan 2014
Remv_quevav said:
Damn necros

This is truly the season of the necros! I called this like a month ago!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Apr 15, 2015 4:23 AM

Apr 2014
One Piece is just as if not more popular than Naruto and Bleach outside of Japan.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

48 by PrimeX »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 698 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Jun 20, 2015

73 by GT1Studios »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Would you prefer that One Piece to be a seasonal anime or a long-running anime ?

KingSunWukong - Sep 25

20 by Cielord »»
9 hours ago

» Generation xerox

28012001 - 11 hours ago

0 by 28012001 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1098 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Mar 23

48 by Atlas77 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.