Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2013 5:48 AM

Jan 2013
omg, Petra ;// She was one of my favorite characters in SnK.

Sad episode with many action and still great,
Sep 8, 2013 6:05 AM
Sep 2012
How many times do they want to show me petra's body? please just stop.

Levi is amazing, you could tell he was pissed but he still kept calm, took down the female titan, saved mikasa and then saved eren. like a boss.

The anime filler was really good, im fairily sure Isayama used it so that he could explain stuff in the manga because they didnt talk about the bodies at all when they got back nor do i believe they had them.

Well there was amazing action in the beginning and then an all round feel trip, cant wait for the next episode.
Sep 8, 2013 6:15 AM
Jan 2013
Best filler ep I've ever seen, it really let the emotional impact of their comrades death really sink in. I love Eren's enlightenment. He realizes now what being a soldier in the recon corps really feels like...

But seriously, this episode is so damn depressing. Everyone's a Debbie downer and Petra's dad... ;_; Ahh... poor Petra... Poor Levi... What they're feeling right now is probably ten times worse than what they've been feeling all these years. I couldn't hold back my tears...

BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE!!!

DAMN! THAT FIGHT SCENE WITH LEVI KICKING THE TITAN'S ASS IS GOLD!!! Ah... He's so perfect! Pure killing intent was in his eyes, and he showed NO MERCY! I want more fighting scenes with him!
<3 UR PRETTY KEWL 2 <3
Sep 8, 2013 6:21 AM

Aug 2012
This episode broke my heart. I cried so hard at the end, it hurt me so much. The father of Petra... This was a really emotional episode, good job.

5/5
Sep 8, 2013 6:24 AM

Dec 2012
After last weeks epicness, I expected this episode to be better.
Still, it wasn't too bad.
Sep 8, 2013 6:24 AM

Sep 2009
such a sad episode :'(
especially the part when the bodies needs to be dump.. petra >___<
Eren.. mikasa.. Levi :(((
Sep 8, 2013 6:25 AM

Jul 2013
dankickyou said:
hei guise! steam was coming out of Levi's head! OMG is Levi a Titan!? It is the only logical explanation!!! omigahd! XD XD XD

^ surprised we dont have much of those today? :P

No if you see when a titan bleeds it leaves steams around , you can notice mikasa bears these steams too and many other , I thought the same the first time I saw those steams to a soldier but , they were not titans !!
Sep 8, 2013 6:27 AM

May 2011
Oh my, Levi was fucking badass at the beginning. Makes me think that none of this would’ve happened if he was with he squad at the time-- what a shame.

A nice slow episode this week to balance all the crazy action from the last eps, in my opinion. I really liked seeing Eren in the position he so admired before, seems like he got to experience first hand just how much it sucks.

On a slightly unrelated note, is the anime really going to have 25 eps, or is there some kind of a catch? 25 seems like a strange number to me for some reason, mostly animes of this length are either 24 or 26?
Sep 8, 2013 6:33 AM

May 2009
Vokoca said:
On a slightly unrelated note, is the anime really going to have 25 eps, or is there some kind of a catch? 25 seems like a strange number to me for some reason, mostly animes of this length are either 24 or 26?
It's not that uncommon for an anime to be 25 episodes. I have heard that the final episode, which will be shown in theaters, is supposed to be slightly longer than the average episode. Don't have a source on that, though, so I don't know if it's confirmed or just a rumor.
Sep 8, 2013 6:39 AM

Dec 2010
Dat Petra's body ;_;
Fillers were really good
Sep 8, 2013 6:40 AM

Jun 2010
damn levi's a bloody machine he turned into a freaking beyblade you have to respect that this was sad looking at the scars of war Glad next week a new arc is starting they beter prepare for season 2 or there might be a riot
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Sep 8, 2013 6:45 AM

Aug 2013
Sad. Liked the animation. Few extra scenes. Good job. Can't wait for the climax starting next episode...although Hitch's character design looks slightly different than how I remember.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Sep 8, 2013 6:45 AM
Aug 2013
Great episode, there's one thing that caught up my mind, did you guys notice the FT cried? is it something i should wonder about? (keep in mind) and WHY did it cry? let me hear your thoughts!
Sep 8, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2013
I thought it was pretty good
Sep 8, 2013 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
Sty-san said:
dankickyou said:
hei guise! steam was coming out of Levi's head! OMG is Levi a Titan!? It is the only logical explanation!!! omigahd! XD XD XD

^ surprised we dont have much of those today? :P

No if you see when a titan bleeds it leaves steams around , you can notice mikasa bears these steams too and many other , I thought the same the first time I saw those steams to a soldier but , they were not titans !!

You dont say?
The Art of Eight
Sep 8, 2013 6:55 AM
Sep 2010
MAN!! LEVI IS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! HE'S STRONG!!!
I can TOTALLY see why he is this respected by everyone! I used to think that he's as strong as Mikasa! but what I saw in this week's episode TOTALLY changed my mind! I was speechless!
even so I think Mikasa is pretty amazing despite her age, and less experience, I mean she was only trained for three years along with her friends but she stands out with her strength among even some elite soldiers!
Sep 8, 2013 6:58 AM
Apr 2011
The filler is pretty decent. I bet it was written by Isayama. Some anime have their filler episode written by the manga author too like episode 5 in Genshiken 2.

Mikasa can't keep her eyes away from Eren <3
Sep 8, 2013 7:00 AM

Jun 2013
Cambiare said:
Great episode, there's one thing that caught up my mind, did you guys notice the FT cried? is it something i should wonder about? (keep in mind) and WHY did it cry? let me hear your thoughts!

she killed many soldiers to kidnap Eren but she failed.. if i were her i will cry.. XD
"Sometimes I wish I was just a cloud, floating along..!"
Sep 8, 2013 7:36 AM

Aug 2011
Just how fast is this guy?
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx255/piperzstanne/levigif1.gif

He's like Petra + Auruo + Erd. Episode 23 oh noes! dat preview

The badge that Levi gave to the soldier was actually one of his squad's right? Perhaps it was Petra's badge that he gave away. Im just thinking he didn't even get close enough at Ivan's body to peel his badge off. He wanted to acknowledge the soldier's determination to salvage the body of his friend at the very least. What a great man!
piperzSep 8, 2013 7:53 AM
Sep 8, 2013 7:47 AM

Jul 2013
Levi wrecked the Female Titan, beast, I was fucking happy right there, Levi's a boss, he even rescued Mikasa! the episode was tough though, the feels!!!!!!
Sep 8, 2013 8:10 AM

Oct 2007
Yes it was part original and part filler I still enjoyed it especially the first part with Levi kicking some serious titan ass! It was a scene i've been waiting to be animated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2013 8:24 AM

Dec 2012
stAtic91 said:
Vokoca said:
It's not that uncommon for an anime to be 25 episodes. I have heard that the final episode, which will be shown in theaters, is supposed to be slightly longer than the average episode. Don't have a source on that, though, so I don't know if it's confirmed or just a rumor.

It would make sense given the fact that it's airing in JP cinema's making the ep only 20 minutes would almost seem like a waste of time

ShingekiMZ said:
Levi wrecked the Female Titan, beast, I was fucking happy right there, Levi's a boss, he even rescued Mikasa! the episode was tough though, the feels!!!!!!

I like how this ep highlighted the gap between himself and every other soldier. Mikasa couldn't even hold a candle to him and actually almost fucked up his plan to save Eren. Apparently Mike is meant to be almost as strong as Levi but I haven't seen him fight yet. Everyone else who's fought isn't even close. He's the first human soldier (not including HumanxTitans) to show near superhuman ability with his sonic the hedgehog spin dash
Sep 8, 2013 8:30 AM

Dec 2012
So, Levi gave Petra's badge to that blonde soldier for calming him down instead of keeping it for himself??

That's what you call Baddas both mind and body.
Sep 8, 2013 8:37 AM

May 2011
That walk of shame
Sep 8, 2013 9:25 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode. Sad one. Part when they had to dump the bodies was really sad, but what tore me apart was scene where little Eren wears Scouting Legion's robe. His destiny always was the suffering ;(
Sep 8, 2013 9:30 AM
May 2012
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo my Petra again </3 that was sad and what Levi did was insane damn that's awesome I've got a feeling that all of the dead bodies they left will come back to life and because I don't want Petra dead only 3 more episodes to go I don't want this to end and as always I can't wait for the next episode.
TengaiSep 8, 2013 10:05 AM
Sep 8, 2013 9:40 AM

Nov 2012
Tengai said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo my Petra again that was sad and what Levi did was insane damn that's awesome I've got a feeling that all of the dead bodies they left will come back to life and because I don't want Petra dead

>I've got a feeling that all of the dead bodies they left will come back to life
>come back to life

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/112/480/OpoQQ.jpg

Trust me we all would like that
Sep 8, 2013 9:41 AM
Aug 2013
> Hand over Eren
> They managed to waste our tax dollars

The downfall of humanity: not the fault of the titans, but of human idiocy.
Sep 8, 2013 9:47 AM

Nov 2008
The music used in this ep was beautiful.
It's amazing how Erwin and Levi managed to throw away their humanity like that.
Sep 8, 2013 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
To tell you the truth I'm very dissapointed. I was playing game in the background because of the boredom.
Sep 8, 2013 9:54 AM

Jun 2009
AntenorA said:
Wow such a strong episode it made me write a comment.
Okay, I know it was mostly filler, but I am kinda happy they did that. In the manga I got that sense that pretty much no one was giving enough shit. And in the anime it’s obvious that they do.

Levi being epic as hell! Well he is very strong, but I think he also got lucky, because the titan had to fight a bunch of people and another titan before fighting him. And she sure has a limit to her powers after all.
Great way to make him badass, yet if he fails to be this badass in the future, it would explain why.
He steals the show this episode. But I didn’t like the way they were flying around at the beginning. Felt kind of strange. Oh Whatever - The spinwin made it all better! *They see me rollin’ they’re hatin’!*
Btw, is it just me, or the manga was more brutal than that? When I read it I was grossed out at the scene with the eyes. Censorship sucks… :/

Later the episode goes with - “How bad can we make you all feel before you start to hate us?”
As if it isn’t enough that they go all George Martin on us from the start! I really liked Levi’s team! Damn!
Oh God Levi… I felt like going there and giving him a hug, even with the possibility of him stabbing me in the guts in return. And to Erwin too. (Is that the right way to spell his name?)
I have respect for both of them. What Levi did was incredibly nice, in a weird way:
First of all he threw the corpses of his team, to save the living in a situation those two, selfish morons, created to save one dead. And later instead of releasing all his anger on that dude’s ass, who told him he has no emotions, and who was responsible for all that happened, Levi actually gave him Petra’s(?) crest, to make him feel better. It was almost too nice. I like this side of Levi, even if it was part of filler.
I guess we’re gonna have him go apeshit crazy on someone some day, and showing his weak sides. That’s why they gave him this “I am too awesome” build up now. - Just like it happens with Mikasa, which I like a lot.
Btw his reaction, when he remembered Mikasa as being Eren’s childhood friend was Interesting. “Eren is probably dead! Oh you are his friends. Ok Let’s go fight the deadly titan hoping he is alive.” … interesting change of mind. But could be just me overthinking shit. Probably.
The scene with Petra’s dad, besides being incredibly sad and touching and all, left me a bit confused. In the manga it didn’t sound like Petra was going to merry Levi. There, if I remember correctly, he said “I was wrong for telling her to get married, she still have her whole life ahead of her.” (Fuck :() or something like that. Whatever the exact words, I’m sure he never inlayed married to whom. In the anime kind of sounded as if she and Levi had something going on. And I am confused now. I may be misunderstood the anime…? Or the manga?
Sad scene nonetheless - Sucks to be Levi in this episode.
I like how he is able to keep it together though, simply because it cannot be allowed for anyone to see Humanity’s strongest soldier weak and defeated. It makes it even sadder…

I liked the moment with Eren and the child more in the manga, because it took only one damn picture, and in the anime the flashback was earlier than it should have been.
Still it was fucking strong. No matter how bad the things are, no matter all the hate, there will always be this kid, who will make it all worth it.
And then when Eren was crying in the end, with Mikasa by his side... Heartbraking, but I liked it. You don’t see people in anime holding hands too often! :D It was sweet and depressing as hell. I like how Eren realizes his dream was not exactly what he expected, but yet I don’t see him backing down now... or ever.
Would be good if Mikasa develops some dreams and goals of her own though. Different than protecting Eren and being his overly attached girlfriend. Btw, Mikasa is my fave after Levi.

And Erwin is taking all that like a boss, even though he is in a bad place right now. I am starting to like this guy a lot.

Great episode, I loved it. Filler done right! I know many would disagree with everything I said, but… to each his own I guess. I am all for fillers like this.
If filler go Naruto style, that would be a problem.

Excuse the long, blabbering, comment, and my bad English. It’s self-taught, so I know its crap - I’m working on it. :)
And have a great day.

Your English is fine! Perfectly understandable. Yes, I felt that the additional material added more background and intensity to the original manga material. Very emotional episode, but we can say that about this entire series.
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv
Sep 8, 2013 9:55 AM

Jul 2012
Dat ending WOW!!!

This episode was still a great episode!!!
Sep 8, 2013 10:07 AM
May 2012
FirstFamiliar said:
Tengai said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo my Petra again that was sad and what Levi did was insane damn that's awesome I've got a feeling that all of the dead bodies they left will come back to life and because I don't want Petra dead

>I've got a feeling that all of the dead bodies they left will come back to life
>come back to life

Please!!!
Sep 8, 2013 10:21 AM

Mar 2010
Im curious but besides the filler part, what chapter did this episode cover?
Sep 8, 2013 10:23 AM

May 2009
Sasukeleep said:
Im curious but besides the filler part, what chapter did this episode cover?
Last 30 or so pages of chapter 30 'The Defeated'..
Sep 8, 2013 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
Petra and Levi. T___T They could have been such a cute couple. Her body, and then her dad...ahh, I couldn't take it. ;-;

But, amazing episode. Really brought the feels in an incredibly tangible way. I'm still betting that the Female Titan is Annie, with the way she wasn't with the Survey Corps and with how she's being shown rather suspiciously in the preview.
(Nobody confirm or disagree with my speculations though, I'm so tired of SnK spoilers. Ugh. >.>)

I'm so sad there's only three episodes left. I just can't believe it. But, SnK is unspeakably popular, so we'll be getting a sequel VERY soon. Oh, and I don't think we'll be seeing an anime-original ending, either. That's just silly. People want more SnK, and fast, lol!

Btw, has anybody else heard that the final episode will be shown in theaters in Japan? Does that mean we'll still get to see it on CR?
Sep 8, 2013 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
Levi:I am gonna cut her!
Yep,Epic fight approached:Levi vs Female Titan.
I think I've just seen Sonic in this anime.
Nop,It's just Levi.
And bitch cried after she'd been beaten.
Erwin...Emperor Palpatine.
Levi...Darth Vader. at the 12th minute.
It was a touching episode.
Was that episode a filler? It was great,though.
Sep 8, 2013 11:22 AM

Aug 2013
fishergirl16 said:
Petra and Levi. T___T They could have been such a cute couple. Her body, and then her dad...ahh, I couldn't take it. ;-;

But, amazing episode. Really brought the feels in an incredibly tangible way. I'm still betting that the Female Titan is Annie, with the way she wasn't with the Survey Corps and with how she's being shown rather suspiciously in the preview.
(Nobody confirm or disagree with my speculations though, I'm so tired of SnK spoilers. Ugh. >.>)

I'm so sad there's only three episodes left. I just can't believe it. But, SnK is unspeakably popular, so we'll be getting a sequel VERY soon. Oh, and I don't think we'll be seeing an anime-original ending, either. That's just silly. People want more SnK, and fast, lol!

Btw, has anybody else heard that the final episode will be shown in theaters in Japan? Does that mean we'll still get to see it on CR?

Yup there's a thread about it.
Sep 8, 2013 11:24 AM

Mar 2011
Wow Levi, but couldn't you have tried that earlier >.<?

Gah those people crying about taxes, they make me root for the titans.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 8, 2013 11:49 AM

Feb 2009
Tear jerker episode uh. well I think it is a good episode and l ike the added scenes. It just make you see how utterly hopeless their situation can be at time.
Sep 8, 2013 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
FirstFamiliar said:
Tengai said:

>come back to life

Probably an edo tensei Naruto fan.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 8, 2013 12:04 PM

Oct 2011
Curls up into a ball

T__________________T

My feels are all over the place. When Petra was dumped off. Petra's dad talking to Levi and his sad expression. Ervin too. When Eren and Mikasa saw those two kids who resemble them back then.
Sep 8, 2013 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

Was focused on Mikasa and Eren/10

Lol can't miss out on that but I'm a huge code geass fan also

Did you notice the scene where Eren wakes up is almost exactly the same as the first scene in the anime? Mikasa calling Eren whilst looking at him sleeping, and the sun is shining behind her, it's kind of funny because I saw somebody put the pictures side by side and its almost exactly the same except they're older and moving obviously.

Also, dat ending. Eren crying and Mikasa holding his hand :)

Wat? Crap haven't seen that yet since I only had a little time this morning and didn't quite finish the episode

I downloaded it in glorious 1080p, watch it all the way through, you will not be disappointed.

I wouldn't have the patience for my crappy Internet to dl it in 1080p lol

It was only 500mb, what speed internet do you have? If you are not watching it in 1080p you are missing out.

Oh 500 MB isn't too bad but it'd still take like half an hour for me ill probably rewatch the series after season 1 ends so ill do that in 1080p

Pmed you. If you didn't watch the end of episode 22, you are missing out as a Mikaere shipper.

I know but I can't watch it until I get to the hotel tonight ;_;

Hotel ? I am jealous. Although this episode is quite a lot of filler, it was the good kind. We better stop this conversation in this thread because we are spamming it, PM me if you want to carry it on. Also to everyone am I the only person who keeps being logged out?

Nope I get logged out a lot too, and I finished the episode, those EreMika feels, 2gud
Sep 8, 2013 12:16 PM

Jul 2009
yeah... fillers.
oh well it was good
petra being dumped off.. yeah ugh.
Sep 8, 2013 12:20 PM
Sep 2012
Levi hurt his ankle but then carries on with his job and walks normally near the end of the episode? Levi's gotta be a titan you heard it here first guys.
Sep 8, 2013 12:22 PM

Aug 2011
As someone who strongly dislikes this show, I have to say this was a good episode for most part. The homecoming of the group was intense, even if the people complaining about taxes was just retarded. Overall, I'd say Levi showed the good side of himself this arc. I hope he stays like this, and that he won't return to being the arrogant ass with a stick up his ass like he was before.

I hope they don't waste too much time on the ''mystery'' of the Female Titan. It's so ridiculously obvious.

xtremexx said:
Levi hurt his ankle but then carries on with his job and walks normally near the end of the episode? Levi's gotta be a titan you heard it here first guys.

Might have just been him supressing the pain. What would everyone think if their invincible Levi got hurt?
Sep 8, 2013 12:25 PM

Sep 2012
Wow. Almost cried a couple of times. If Levi told Petra's dad what really happened there, the water works would've started..

Levi being a beast was the highlight of the action, made Mikasa look uncool for once LOL.
Sep 8, 2013 12:34 PM

May 2010
Omnomnom, dat Levi's action was splendid in this episode, just watching these few minutes made my heart go doki-doki :D

Those faces... Jeez, so many emotions. When Petra's father came to Levi, I thought my heart is going to explode :(

I was mostly surprised at crying Female Titan though. She was so determined before, so I thought her fight with Mikasa/Levi would took a bit longer. I hope some things will be explained in this season.
Sep 8, 2013 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
Anyone else notice the female titan crying when Levi cut Eren out of her mouth

http://i.imgur.com/DdYj5Pe.png
PyroKnifeSep 8, 2013 12:41 PM
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How KSI's new song ties in with themes portrait by AoT

Ghost_Davo - Oct 16

39 by Analyzer404 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

945 by topfloorboss45 »»
Today, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1565 by topfloorboss45 »»
Today, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

976 by SolalAnime »»
Oct 17, 4:02 AM

» Foreshadowing and Hidden details

ANIk_003 - Oct 8

34 by Kaynear »»
Oct 12, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.