Forum Settings
Forums

Should obese people have to buy multiple airline seats?

New
Jul 30, 2013 9:23 PM

Apr 2013
As many of you are well aware, obese people generally make the area around them a miserable place to be. Who wants to look at smelly fat rolls on their daily commute? This type of reasoning eventually led to an outcry of self respecting fitizens who disliked their airline flight with the unwashed obese masses. One woman nearly suffocated in rolls of fat from the passenger next to her and filed a complaint saying the passenger should buy 2 seats. What do you think, CD?
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2013 9:24 PM

Apr 2011
I think there should be a separate section for them.
Jul 30, 2013 9:26 PM

Jul 2013
Physiicx said:

Ditto.
Jul 30, 2013 9:26 PM
Jul 2013
i was sitting next to 400 pound elephant man on airplane and i had to go to the bathroom but then snakes come on the plane and fatass wont get up so samuel l jackson come out of nowhere and say i gotta get these mothafuckin snakes off these mothafuckin planes and i got bitten by snake and put in coma for 52 weeks!

fucking fatties go take your own fat ppl plane
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Jul 30, 2013 9:27 PM

Jun 2012
zTuazonify said:
Physiicx said:

Ditto.

Though I agree, that would be prejudice.
Jul 30, 2013 9:28 PM

Aug 2012
Rinshansan said:
i was sitting next to 400 pound elephant man on airplane and i had to go to the bathroom but then snakes come on the plane and fatass wont get up so samuel l jackson come out of nowhere and say i gotta get these mothafuckin snakes off these mothafuckin planes and i got bitten by snake and put in coma for 52 weeks!

Calm down and go watch some mecha hentai, Rika.
Jul 30, 2013 9:29 PM

Nov 2010
Yeah if they take up that much space, I don't see why not. Though it matters if they take up two chair's space, they could just make some chairs a little bigger and charge extra.
Jul 30, 2013 9:30 PM
Mar 2013
MEanimaniac1 said:
zTuazonify said:
Physiicx said:

Ditto.

This.
Would be quite rude though.
Talk to me! I don't bite!

Apr 2013
MEanimaniac1 said:
zTuazonify said:
Physiicx said:

Ditto.

Yeah that would cause a huge lawsuit.

In America, if anything is even slightly prejudice you can sue. Like the people who sued McDonald's over supersizes when the people with control issues are the ones buying them.
Jul 2013
MrAwesome2011 said:
Rinshansan said:

Calm down and go watch some mecha hentai, Rika.

gimme tree fiddy and ill do it
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Jul 30, 2013 9:33 PM

Apr 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Yeah if they take up that much space, I don't see why not. Though it matters if they take up two chair's space, they could just make some chairs a little bigger and charge extra.

The thing is, these people don't seem to realize they are fat or simply don't care at this point(ones in question are usually 3 to 4 hundred pounds) and don't want to have to pay more to do stuff that other people do.
Jul 30, 2013 9:38 PM

Sep 2012
They shouldn't be allowed to take a plane.
But seriously make seats bigger and separated.
Jul 30, 2013 9:39 PM

Jan 2013
Having to wait for them to walk across the narrow walkway when the plane lands is just as awful
Jul 30, 2013 9:49 PM

Sep 2011
They could charge people by weight. They might actually make more money that way, in this increasingly waist widening world.
Jul 30, 2013 9:54 PM

Nov 2008
Linus_ said:
They could charge people by weight. They might actually make more money that way, in this increasingly waist widening world.

This

Jul 30, 2013 9:58 PM

Jul 2013
Feels said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
zTuazonify said:
Physiicx said:

Ditto.

Yeah that would cause a huge lawsuit.

In America, if anything is even slightly prejudice you can sue. Like the people who sued McDonald's over supersizes when the people with control issues are the ones buying them.

I guess it really depends on the airline. When I visited Hong Kong and the Philippines (both going there and on the way home)....they granted several 'big' people discounted seats in business. I believe the airline was called Cathay
Jul 30, 2013 9:59 PM

Feb 2013
Physiicx said:

They call it 'Cargo'

And with that monumentally tactless comment, I'm off to bed.
Jul 30, 2013 10:21 PM

Mar 2011
Ntad said:
Physiicx said:

They call it 'Cargo'
*bad dum tss*

But anyway, if a person size takes up more that one seat, then by all means they need to pay for them both.
Jul 30, 2013 10:24 PM

Apr 2013
Edefrem said:
Ntad said:
Physiicx said:

They call it 'Cargo'
*bad dum tss*

But anyway, if a person size takes up more that one seat, then by all means they need to pay for them both.

I just got a mental image of a very large woman wearing sweatpants with a girth so large one cheek is in both seats with the divider wedged between.
Jul 30, 2013 10:25 PM

Mar 2011
Oh gosh, Feels. Das nasty.
Jul 30, 2013 10:26 PM

Jul 2013
Hoppy said:
Linus_ said:

This

+1 to this guy ... I was thinking the same thing since extra weight should count as excess baggage.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2013 10:29 PM

Sep 2011
Feels said:
Edefrem said:
Ntad said:
Physiicx said:

They call it 'Cargo'
*bad dum tss*

I just got a mental image of a very large woman wearing sweatpants with a girth so large one cheek is in both seats with the divider wedged between.

She got a donk.
Jul 30, 2013 10:31 PM
Jul 2018
The issue is understandable and maybe even right. The real problem is that it would be hard to enforce because there are too many variables. How would you gauge who has to pay what? Would you have each person step on a scale? Would you measure them too, to make sure they are at their normal weight for their height? If obese people have to pay extra, then would skinny people get a refund? And who decides what is normal/acceptable weight on a person?

I actually agree with the fact that obese people, where their size does not allow them just one seat, should have to pay for another seat, but that is offensive to a lot of people
Jul 30, 2013 11:06 PM

Feb 2012
Fat people posting about being fat.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Jul 30, 2013 11:11 PM

Apr 2013
Bloodcalibur said:

Are you related to beavis3223 by any chance?
Jul 30, 2013 11:11 PM

Feb 2010
I can see an effort to make the seats as small as possible if this becomes ubiquitous because :capitalism:
Jul 30, 2013 11:12 PM

Nov 2011
No, obese people should be used as fuel for the planes themselves.
The Art of Eight
Jul 30, 2013 11:14 PM

Mar 2011
Feels said:
Bloodcalibur said:

U boys be derailn' threads left an' right

On topic:
Akito_Kinomoto said:
I can see an effort to make the seats as small as possible if this becomes ubiquitous because :capitalism:
That's horrible, yet it also makes me laugh. But I have to wonder how small considering that 1/3 of America is obese.

dankickyou said:
No, obese people should be used as fuel for the planes themselves.
that's rather morbid
Jul 30, 2013 11:32 PM

Oct 2012
Feels said:
Bloodcalibur said:

no he is not related to me and back to the topic i think fat people should pay more for seating in airplanes
RRRRRRRRRR
Jul 30, 2013 11:35 PM

Jul 2013
Physiicx said:

I would buy that ticket for the extra space yo
first class

It's prejudice either way. It's (usually) their fault they are obese and they better change before their next plane ride.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)dont hate me cause you aint me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 30, 2013 11:37 PM

Oct 2011
Then I should pay half the price since I only take 1/2 of the seat
Jul 30, 2013 11:46 PM
Jul 2013
daddy-long-legs said:
Obesity is an epidemic affecting a significant part of the population, and it's here to stay as far as we know. So I think it should really be up to airlines to accommodate their customers. Maybe make some seats bigger but don't segregate them. Of course I'd never expect them to do this. Others are probably right in that if anything they'd do whatever they could to make more money. I guess for now, all you passengers who end up next to a person of a large stature on your next flight will just have to suck it up. Just remember that it's not a pleasant situation for the obese person either.
Weren't you the dude who roofied a dude? How's things?
Jul 30, 2013 11:49 PM

Nov 2010
Iasuru said:
Then I should pay half the price since I only take 1/2 of the seat
Only if you're prepared to have someone else sit in that other 1/2.

OT: I might be able to fit into a large suitcase. How much would I have to pay. Don't worry I brought my own food.
Jul 31, 2013 1:51 AM

Mar 2011
You know some airlines are actually considering weighing the people flying as well as their luggage?

If they ever do that, well, that will be interesting.
Jul 31, 2013 1:52 AM

Nov 2012
HEy! dude act normal! DO you know how dangerous it is to fly fat people around?!
Jul 31, 2013 2:11 AM

Jun 2013
I have been stuck next to an obese person on a plane, so I can easily say yes they should pay for a second seat if they take up that much space.
Jul 31, 2013 2:53 AM

Jul 2012
Jul 31, 2013 2:54 AM
Mar 2013
I think charging by weight would be humiliating and very hard to pull off. They'd have to do it discretely, and where a lot of tickets are sold online, it'd be impossible to gauge whether someone was lying about their weight to save cash until they come to the airport. I mean, if they used a multiplier on a base price and I was overweight but still fit in one seat, what would stop me from writing 100lbs and save money?

And as much as people are going to be like 'no they aren't' fat people are people too. You don't think they don't know they have a weight problem?
Jul 31, 2013 3:03 AM

Jul 2013
Anything the airline companies do will be seen as prejudice, they can't win. Putting them in a different area to sit, charging them the cost of 2 seats, putting them in the cargo bay... Nah, in all seriousness, they should have to pay for 2 seats, or perhaps give the second seat to them at a discount price. They can't complain though, the fault falls on the individual in the majority of the cases regarding obese people.
Hi.
Jul 31, 2013 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
Lokovodo said:
This thread >

Get ready for more. I'm off tomorrow.
Jul 31, 2013 3:56 AM

Jan 2011
Obese people should be turned into soap so that they don't have to pay for two seats.
Jul 31, 2013 4:10 AM

Apr 2013
JonyJC said:
Obese people should be turned into soap so that they don't have to pay for two seats.

I wouldn't want to wash myself in people fat. I might catch obesity.
Jul 31, 2013 7:54 AM

Jul 2012
if they are too large for one seat, and are encroaching on other passengers, then yes.

but seriously people, have a heart. i'd bet 99% of us know a truly obese person. I have two in my family. They are people too, not just slabs of fat for you guys to skewer.
Jul 31, 2013 8:03 AM

Feb 2013
daintybiscuit said:

but seriously people, have a heart. i'd bet 99% of us know a truly obese person. I have two in my family. They are people too, not just slabs of fat for you guys to skewer.

My sister is a slab of fat. Some dude skewered her. I've been an uncle now for 2 years.
Jul 31, 2013 8:28 AM

Nov 2012
Ntad said:
daintybiscuit said:

My sister is a slab of fat. Some dude skewered her. I've been an uncle now for 2 years.
Poor kid
Jul 31, 2013 8:36 AM

Feb 2013
johnyjohny said:
Ntad said:
daintybiscuit said:

Poor kid

He's...not that big......*snort*

Can't...stop....laughing.
Jul 31, 2013 8:53 AM

Jul 2013
johnyjohny said:
Ntad said:
daintybiscuit said:

Poor kid

Sweet Jesus...

Jul 31, 2013 9:05 AM

Feb 2010
If I can't take more than 20 fucking kilos on a plane in my bag when I barely weigh 70 why should someone weighing more than 100 still be allowed to take anything with them including their big, fat ass?
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 31, 2013 9:25 AM

Jun 2013
Obese people should just stay at home really. And if they want to get thinner, then they should do exercise. (Clapping hands is a good exercise for obese people, those with limited mobility.)

They should not be allowed in airplanes.
Jul 31, 2013 10:50 AM

Mar 2008
They shouldn't be allowed in Economy and should be required to purchase a ticket that has a suitable amount of space (Business, First, Economy Plus if applicable). Otherwise, it ruins the whole flight for the poor person next to him/her. Forget discrimination; subjecting the people next to you to torture for the next 12 hours is a much greater offense.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How do you pronounce "Cthulhu"?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

11 by Zettaiken »»
48 minutes ago

» Biggest life hot takes? ( 1 2 )

Rabnawaz2 - Yesterday

64 by KittenCuddler »»
1 hour ago

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - Jun 13

31 by LoveLikeBlood »»
3 hours ago

» Talk to your waifu

EmperorThor - Jan 11, 2023

22 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
5 hours ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 3 )

DesuMaiden - May 27

109 by Zowabo »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.