Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2013 8:20 PM

Oct 2011
reghrhre said:
God, like 3 quarters of this episode felt as if it was just stalling up the ass. Also been curious about this for some time, why is everyone orgasming over Levi? Isn't this like the first time he gets major screen time coz I don't recall him doing much to anything; is it because of something in the manga? Otherwise that transformation at the end was surprising, but kind of ridiculous at the same time; hopefully the explanation is good enough.

You'll see it in one of the next episodes
Jun 1, 2013 8:21 PM

Mar 2012
sillyanny said:
This episode was idiotic. Instead of trying to explain that Eren as a titan killed other titans and not humans, Mikasa and Armin just stood silent like idiots and let everyone assume the worst of Eren. Mikasa gave her little speech about killing others to defend Eren, which only villainized her more in the eyes of the spectator. I can understand Eren's silence because he had memory loss and had no idea what was happening, but the silence of Armin and Mikasa only exacerbated the soldiers' mistrust, and was completely illogical for reaching a resolution to the situation.

I didn't read the manga so I don't know if they will do flashback of the scene during Eren's lost of consciousness. Base on what you see from Jean's chats with others, that captain's knowledge that Eren was titan during the battle, and how confused Mikasa and Armin are, you can pretty much assume what happened. I can guess that everyone reported to that captain of what they saw and they decide to execute Eren. Mikasa and Armin rescue Eren but got surrounded. At that point, there are not much more they can say because the captain already know the situation and he want to execute Eren regardless. They can keep yelling the same things to protect Eren but I am glad that they didn't act like a broken records like most stupid characters will do.
Jun 1, 2013 8:23 PM

Feb 2009
Ahh Mikasa, it is scenes like that where I remember why you earned a favorite spot on my list so quick. You are SUCH a Badass!
Jun 1, 2013 8:24 PM

Sep 2011
I really dunno what peeps see in Mikasa other than her backstory...

Cant wait... Forgot what I was gonna say
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 1, 2013 8:24 PM

May 2012
eren summoned susano..
levi killing titan like nothing happened..
glad to see hanji.,, shes like sasha..

Jun 1, 2013 8:28 PM

Mar 2013
Krissirk said:

I have a question when Eren turns Titan. Does he physically turn into a titan or does he create a titan "shell" around himself kinda like a fleshy mech or something? If my question spoils something in upcoming episodes then throw them spoiler tags on plox.

There it is, AoT finally showing it's true colors as a Mecha/Shounen. He probably pilots it through fighting spirit. Not to mention that the female lead, Mikasa, is moe as fuck; I mean, a silent girl/childhood friend/little(?) sister who's unrelated by blood? Come on.

At any rate, thanks to The42gamer, I just realized that Armin grows up to get his own spin off show.

StickyWizardJun 1, 2013 8:35 PM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 1, 2013 8:30 PM

May 2011
This flew by fast...
Jun 1, 2013 8:32 PM

Mar 2013
lol at that face when he was day-dreaming but man now they are defiantly going to hunt him down and kill him
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
Jun 1, 2013 8:35 PM
Oct 2008
McDudes said:
nnangle said:
Kuchiyose no Jutsu!!

Or gear third xD

then he summons susano :)
Jun 1, 2013 8:42 PM

Feb 2012
Decent episode. Typical human nature, always assuming the worst.
Jun 1, 2013 8:48 PM

Dec 2008
Saraph said:
This is perfect example of mankind's retardiness. A huge-ass titan appears, killing every other titan and of course, fucking humans have to bitch about it and call him a monster. Plus, I'd love to kill that commander, he himself must be pretty useless and now he's deciding about fate of those who deserve glory? It is Eren and Mikasa who should decide about his fate, not the opposite.

Why do you think the rest of the titans eat humans instead ? :P *tehe*
Jun 1, 2013 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
VictorVonDoom said:
Decent episode. Typical human nature, always assuming the worst.

Which in that kind of situation is probably for the best, if I was in that captains boots I probably wouldn't have even let Eren inside the walls never mind question him.(that captain is still a dick though)

Jun 1, 2013 8:52 PM
Mar 2012
Hell yeah, I was the only one out of my friends that figured out that the injection was the cause of the Titan transformation.
Jun 1, 2013 8:55 PM

Mar 2012
I kind of agree with the Captain's reasoning. Good episode though, the show finally feels like it's going somewhere.
Let's go bowling.
Jun 1, 2013 8:57 PM

Dec 2008
You all saying summoning, but to me it looks like a Henge no Jutsu or similar tech but whatever...
Jun 1, 2013 9:08 PM

Feb 2012
Mikasa being determined not to lose Eren, that along with some nice hustle on Eren part making that upper body appear in time saved their asses at least for now it seems.
Jun 1, 2013 9:08 PM
May 2010
is the anime starting to deviate a bit? the main story is still there but there were scenes i don't recognize in the manga that i thought were pretty significant or is it just me, i tried finding the chapters but to no avail.
Jun 1, 2013 9:10 PM

Mar 2012
Eren pulled a Susano'o
Jun 1, 2013 9:14 PM

Apr 2009
vlasic said:
is the anime starting to deviate a bit? the main story is still there but there were scenes i don't recognize in the manga that i thought were pretty significant or is it just me, i tried finding the chapters but to no avail.

All of this episode was based off of manga chapters. The Levi scene is from chapter 9.5 and the rest from chapter 10 I believe.
Jun 1, 2013 9:16 PM

Jun 2012
Amarrez said:
vlasic said:

All of this episode was based off of manga chapters. The Levi scene is from chapter 9.5 and the rest from chapter 10 I believe.

And I think someone earlier said there were a couple of pages from chapter 11 in there.
Jun 1, 2013 9:17 PM

May 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Mother of god the ost gets better with EACH episode. Especially the one that played for Eren's Flashback. Another stellar episode for the adaptation. Loved the Hanji extra bits especially. Paku sure got the crazy tone right.

Gets better? Most of them seem to be from previous eps.

But yea, the ep is asweome just for having the only 2-3 bgm tracks I find enjoyable for this whole show so far.
Jun 1, 2013 9:27 PM
Feb 2013
wow, another jaw dropping episode. Hope Eren convinces everyone else that he's on the human's side.
Jun 1, 2013 9:31 PM

Jul 2009
AHHHHHHH. WHY IS IT SO GOOD?!?

But seriously. I haven't caught up to the manga yet, but I've a least read past this...and I'm STILL on the edge of my seat. <3
Jun 1, 2013 9:32 PM

Apr 2008
So Levi's name is pronounced "Lev-Ai".
Jun 1, 2013 9:36 PM

Oct 2012
Will be watching this on repeat for the epic OST and that cliffhanger >_<

So that was Levi...damn. BADASS.

DAMN IT, I don't even know if I'm going to last if I wait till the anime ends to read the manga!
Jun 1, 2013 9:40 PM

Aug 2012
Dammm Levi, no wonder why everyone is going off about him being badass and Eren with that bite to the thumb, summoning no jutsu?
Jun 1, 2013 9:41 PM
Oct 2008
prosit said:
i can't wait next week to see what happens next. i'm starting the manga.

nooooooooooo that's now one less reason why i look atl the forum for reactions of anime only watchers
lateraldeathJun 1, 2013 10:36 PM
Jun 1, 2013 9:41 PM

Sep 2012
OMFG, NEXT EPISODE PLEASE!!
Jun 1, 2013 9:44 PM
Aug 2012
DEMOLITION_D said:
This was hilarious!
Jun 1, 2013 9:44 PM

Dec 2009
Wait... wtf is this? Why are they showing a flashback of Eren being in the Titan's stomac when he "died" ... that's stupid! They never showed that in the manga! It doesn't exist! Or is it in the later chapters that I haven't read yet? ...
Jun 1, 2013 9:47 PM

Apr 2009
waalex11 said:
Wait... wtf is this? Why are they showing a flashback of Eren being in the Titan's stomac when he "died" ... that's stupid! They never showed that in the manga! It doesn't exist! Or is it in the later chapters that I haven't read yet? ...

Go read the chapter called "What happened to the left arm", the results may surprise you!
Jun 1, 2013 9:47 PM

Jun 2012
waalex11 said:

It is in the manga, but I think it's in chapter 9.5; I'm not sure though.
Jun 1, 2013 9:54 PM
Jun 2013
Why did the commander attack Eren ?
My friend and I are arguing about it
Jun 1, 2013 9:59 PM
May 2013
Lucyzheng said:

Because they think he is a titan

Apr 2012
Lucyzheng said:

what is there to argue about?
the commander attacked him because he came out of a titan's carcass and is accusing him of being one of them.

Oct 2012
nnangle said:
DEMOLITION_D said:
This was hilarious!

Lolol.
Jun 1, 2013 10:03 PM

Mar 2012
Lucyzheng said:

My understanding is that:

He did not see the Ereoten himself. He just heard witnesses say that the guy came out of one alive. As far as he knows, Eren is a monster capable of wreaking havoc upon the city/humanity at any moment. He cannot prove that he is a threat, but he cannot risk the possibility of it being a trick, or of it being simple bad luck (in the sense that it isn't a designed ploy by the Eotens, but just a weird aberration that could still result in Eren transforming and wrecking shit all over the place). He shows regret, but decides that the prudent course of action is to destroy Eren, even if it means potentially killing an innocent man. He judges the risk to humanity as being higher than the benefit of not killing an innocent person.

His decision, while obviously wrong (we the viewers are given the knowledge that he is wrong), was solid, and in fact was praise-worthy. Most military minds would agree with his decision. Most people, put in his position, would agree with his decision. He had the tough job of deciding if one man's life was worth potentially putting every single human in incredible danger. He decided in favor of humanity. The needs of the many do, sometimes, outweigh the needs of the few.

He obviously didn't like making the decision, but he did it. If I was his leader or superior officer, I would commend his actions, even after I found out the truth that Eren is not only harmless to humans (I assume he is), but potentially their greatest ally/weapon. Deciding to risk everything on the chance that a man is innocent is somewhat irresponsible.

That's my take anyway.
Let's go bowling.
Jun 1, 2013 10:06 PM
Nov 2011
That commander is a cowardly jerkass. This was already foreshadowed in episode 6, when a bunch of trainees begged him to not leave the supply depot defenseless.
Jun 1, 2013 10:09 PM

Dec 2009
Amarrez said:
waalex11 said:

Go read the chapter called "What happened to the left arm", the results may surprise you!
Oh man... thank you. I think I might of skipped Chapter 10 somehow by accident.
Jun 1, 2013 10:13 PM
May 2013
So levi's name is pronounced Rivai? Or Lee-Vai?
Jun 1, 2013 10:14 PM
Jun 2008
18 page already.
Am I too late of watching SnK or this Anime is just a bit too hype .

The commander should take Eren into custody and not provoke him in the open.He might turn into Ereoten again and start killing people instead.
MorningGloryJun 1, 2013 10:17 PM
Jun 1, 2013 10:23 PM

Jun 2012
JaegerTheMan said:

Pronounced Lev-ai .....like the jeans company. In the manga it's Rivaille.
Jun 1, 2013 10:27 PM

Apr 2012
MEanimaniac1 said:
JaegerTheMan said:

i need a pair of levi jeans 8)

Jun 1, 2013 10:31 PM

Jun 2012
Zeally said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
JaegerTheMan said:

i need a pair of levi jeans 8)

I would wear those jeans.....everyday.
Jun 1, 2013 10:31 PM
Nov 2011
MEanimaniac1 said:
JaegerTheMan said:

It's also Levi in the manga. Rivaille is a mistranslation.

I predict this episode will get the most views cause it's so fun to rewatch Levi's chapter.
Jun 1, 2013 10:36 PM

Feb 2009
StopDropAndBowl said:
Lucyzheng said:

My understanding is that:

He did not see the Ereoten himself. He just heard witnesses say that the guy came out of one alive. As far as he knows, Eren is a monster capable of wreaking havoc upon the city/humanity at any moment. He cannot prove that he is a threat, but he cannot risk the possibility of it being a trick, or of it being simple bad luck (in the sense that it isn't a designed ploy by the Eotens, but just a weird aberration that could still result in Eren transforming and wrecking shit all over the place). He shows regret, but decides that the prudent course of action is to destroy Eren, even if it means potentially killing an innocent man. He judges the risk to humanity as being higher than the benefit of not killing an innocent person.

His decision, while obviously wrong (we the viewers are given the knowledge that he is wrong), was solid, and in fact was praise-worthy. Most military minds would agree with his decision. Most people, put in his position, would agree with his decision. He had the tough job of deciding if one man's life was worth potentially putting every single human in incredible danger. He decided in favor of humanity. The needs of the many do, sometimes, outweigh the needs of the few.

He obviously didn't like making the decision, but he did it. If I was his leader or superior officer, I would commend his actions, even after I found out the truth that Eren is not only harmless to humans (I assume he is), but potentially their greatest ally/weapon. Deciding to risk everything on the chance that a man is innocent is somewhat irresponsible.

That's my take anyway.

I think his decision is incredibly shortsighted and this kind of "security, no matter what the cost" thinking sums up what is wrong with the society depicted quite nicely. It's one thing to detain Eren and get some swords and cannons on him as a precaution, but just as Eren is a possible threat, he's also possibly THE greatest asset for them. They're fighting a losing battle against an enemy they have precious little information about and the only weapons they have still result in a ton of casualties. Yet, despite Eren not showing any overt signs of aggression (mumbling in his sleep is not enough), and despite not having anywhere near the full story, the commander is ready to just destroy a potential source of much needed information and a possibly far more effective weapon, just so everyone can feel more secure.
Jun 1, 2013 10:37 PM

Aug 2011
The other captain is already a much more interesting character than everyone except Mikasa.
Jun 1, 2013 10:39 PM
May 2011
his name pronounced "rivai" if i'm not mistaken,
if his name indeed levi, his comrades should called him "rebi" instead, cmiiw
Jun 1, 2013 10:43 PM

Sep 2011
waalex11 said:
It most definitely was, leading right up to that creepy smile
DraconisMarch said:
The other captain is already a much more interesting character than everyone except Mikasa.
Who?

Also, its pronounced RA-VI-OLI

Mod edit: merged double post
koleareJun 2, 2013 12:21 AM
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 1, 2013 10:47 PM

Jul 2010
MaxCrazy7 said:

The irony is Eren is the very thing that he hates.

There's some saying that. . .

If you can beat 'em, join 'em. (and kill 'em)

fits right.

Pages (23) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.