Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 25, 2013 9:03 PM

Feb 2011
I feel bad for the people who stopped watching after Eren got eaten. I love it when your completely misled like that. (Example: Kotoura-san Episode 1) I can only hope this anime gets even better in the future. I also love the mystery surrounding the titans. It's Episodes like these that make watching anime so emotional, regardless of complaints I've read. I will agree that it was a bit much, but I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't pointed out.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
May 25, 2013 9:04 PM

Apr 2010
Amarrez said:
Why is she such perfection?

So Sexy!!
May 25, 2013 9:05 PM

Sep 2011
Umm so i have a question : which titan type is taller ? the armored titan or 15m ( eren's) titan ? or they're both equal ?
May 25, 2013 9:09 PM

Apr 2009
lars911 said:
Umm so i have a question : which titan type is taller ? the armored titan or 15m ( eren's) titan ? or they're both equal ?

The Armoured Titan is 15m class.
May 25, 2013 9:11 PM
Aug 2012
*sigh*
I can't really complain about how the studios work this days, because i read a article in my class on about running a studio but i'm not sure if it apply's to every studio but well

the studio doesn't get a cent's from manga sales, its the publishers who profit from it not the studio

studio's doesn't want to hire more animators because the only revenue that comes to them are the publisher paying them to animate and the sales of their own animated works, Its more efficient to hire another studio than hiring a new animators for studio's that's why you can see in the credits theirs more than one studio doing the work

I can feel why they have to do the "still" probably they don't want to make a mistake on which part they should animate

This season has actually have the best OST for while now
nice reunion
can't wait for the next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 25, 2013 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
Decent episode, still thrilling to see after reading the manga. 6/10
May 25, 2013 9:12 PM

Sep 2011
OfficialGuts said:
lars911 said:
I think armored is 19m tall but I'm not sure.

they didn't include the armored titan in the tall comparison thought , that's why i was wondering .

May 25, 2013 9:13 PM

Sep 2011
Amarrez said:
lars911 said:

The Armoured Titan is 15m class.

oh that explains it :) ty
May 25, 2013 9:14 PM

Nov 2012
ClampMyShaft said:

When Eren "died", it blew my mind, because right from episode 1 I was like "this angsty, generic male lead is gonna be SMOTHERED in plot armour". Then he dies and I'm like "WHOA, I was wrong! That's actually original!" So when he came back this episode, I just kinda rolled my eyes like "you just couldn't help yourself, could you?"
I DO love Shingeki no Kyojin so far, but that was weak. I mean, I saw it coming, yeah, but a part of me was hoping for an original, raw, brutal anime, where any character was at risk - rather than any character except the main(s). Le sigh...

I actually have to agree with you here. I was really thrilled (albeit kind of sad because I did like Eren a bit but wasn't attached) that they dared to kill of the main guy. I had an inkling that they were going to bring him back so I tried to not hope that he was really dead but I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. But what really makes me roll my eyes is how he comes out of the titan with a regenerated arm and leg. Makes all his gore and blood scenes go to waste now that he can magically restore any limbs he loses.
May 25, 2013 9:16 PM

Dec 2010
Yawn***

I've already seen this show before. Massive spoiler alerts. The good guy figures how to the use giant zombie mode and fight the bad guys again. Maybe they might even have a training episode again, as giants. Then they win, story over. So boring.

I could see this episode's event coming from miles away. Attack of the Titans is the current generation of kid's equivalent of DBZ/The Guyver/ etc.

I stopped getting impressed after episode 1. There's nothing interesting in this show for me now. The show is trying too hard to be meaningful. Anime shows need to stop it with the melodrama. It's too bad. I thought this show had potential to be one of the next great anime but it's just another slightly better but still shitty show with overly emotional characters.

"Omfg I messed up how could I face everyone now! They must hate me!" These characters are alive for too long when they should die fast. They're like the idiots in horror films. Gosh please die fast please I don't want to tolerate your retardism.

6/10 the same as I'd give to dbz but I gave the guyver a 7/10 only because unlike Attack of the Titan at least there's only one emo and overly dramatic character in the Guyver. I'm pretty sure if I watch more of this show I'd just hate how stupid and predictable it is more and more.

Mar 2012
trabletoon said:

the pacing is good, exactly as what i expected. Defense of Trost is considered one arc, they need to put many details of that battle so it felt like the story progression is slowed down. faster pace = lesser detail

The pacing is decent. I think they waste a little time, but no more than most shows do. Also, I get that manga readers want this to be as close to the manga as possible (most likely a good policy), but I do think that an adaptation should stand on it's own and at least attempt to fix things about the original material if there are things to fix. One particular problem I have is that we are 8 episodes in and there hasn't been a lot of moving dialogue/exposition. Everyone stops, talks for a while, then goes to do what they were doing. This is understandable because they are flying at high speeds, can't really talk while you're flying. But it could become a (small) problem if that is how it always goes. If it continues too much, then the show kind of becomes a "now we are in talking mode, now we are in action mode" story, and that kind of thing takes me out of the story.

Overall I'd say that I like where the show is going, and I think they are doing a good job. I think they need to improve in some areas though (the dialogue is probably the biggest problem for me, but I don't mind it very much at all).

I'd give this episode a 8/10.
Let's go bowling.

Jul 2012
The wait for next ep is going to kill me, because there is nothing as good as this show currently on air. Maybe its time to cacht up to my plan to wacht list.
May 25, 2013 9:24 PM
Apr 2013
Mika_Inamori said:
Yawn***

I've already seen this show before. Massive spoiler alerts. The good guy figures how to the use giant zombie mode and fight the bad guys again. Maybe they might even have a training episode again, as giants. Then they win, story over. So boring.

I could see this episode's event coming from miles away. Attack of the Titans is the current generation of kid's equivalent of DBZ/The Guyver/ etc.

I stopped getting impressed after episode 1. There's nothing interesting in this show for me now. The show is trying too hard to be meaningful. Anime shows need to stop it with the melodrama. It's too bad. I thought this show had potential to be one of the next great anime but it's just another slightly better but still shitty show with overly emotional characters.

"Omfg I messed up how could I face everyone now! They must hate me!" These characters are alive for too long when they should die fast. They're like the idiots in horror films. Gosh please die fast please I don't want to tolerate your retardism.

6/10 the same as I'd give to dbz but I gave the guyver a 7/10 only because unlike Attack of the Titan at least there's only one emo and overly dramatic character in the Guyver. I'm pretty sure if I watch more of this show I'd just hate how stupid and predictable it is more and more.

too bad your predictions is incorrect and will drown in the sea ~__~
i thought many had stated that : IT WILL NOT BE EASY EVEN IF U GOT 1 TITAN AT YOUR SIDE.

and i will state this one more time.. SNK IS ABOUT PLOT AND MYSTERIES, NOT JUST MINDLESS BATTLES THAT LAST 3 VOLUME LIKE DBZ.

trabletoonMay 25, 2013 9:32 PM

Apr 2013
Spirai said:
ClampMyShaft said:

When Eren "died", it blew my mind, because right from episode 1 I was like "this angsty, generic male lead is gonna be SMOTHERED in plot armour". Then he dies and I'm like "WHOA, I was wrong! That's actually original!" So when he came back this episode, I just kinda rolled my eyes like "you just couldn't help yourself, could you?"
I DO love Shingeki no Kyojin so far, but that was weak. I mean, I saw it coming, yeah, but a part of me was hoping for an original, raw, brutal anime, where any character was at risk - rather than any character except the main(s). Le sigh...

I actually have to agree with you here. I was really thrilled (albeit kind of sad because I did like Eren a bit but wasn't attached) that they dared to kill of the main guy. I had an inkling that they were going to bring him back so I tried to not hope that he was really dead but I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. But what really makes me roll my eyes is how he comes out of the titan with a regenerated arm and leg. Makes all his gore and blood scenes go to waste now that he can magically restore any limbs he loses.

I'm with both of you here. I wish they had really dared to kill him off for good, but I knew it probably wouldn't happen, and was certain of this when the "Eren Titan" showed up.

As for the regenerated limbs, my first thought was when he took over the titan body, it's body synced with his, and helped them regenerate. This means he'd still be vulnerable now that he's out of the Titan. If that's not the case, and he still regenerates, I'll be slightly disappointed since it makes him less vulnerable as a character. It would also mean that his dad's injection has something to do with it as well.

Dec 2012
Mika_Inamori said:
Yawn***

its actually hilarious how off you are.. u have no idea what u are in fore in the future but go ahead and drop it its your lose not anyone elses lmao.. if u would read the manga u would know. but its ok.. leave..good ridins
May 25, 2013 9:28 PM

Sep 2011
Mika_Inamori said:
Yawn***

You are wrong.

Also, this is why I don't rate a show until Im done with it. The haters are trying way too hard to find faults and stereotype the show.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 25, 2013 9:29 PM

Sep 2012
Ohh so that's why the weakness is there.
Man, it's either I really like this, or I'm blinded by hype. Please let it be the former.

Plus, just ignore the stills, if you're enjoying it, just ignore the annoying things. :D
May 25, 2013 9:29 PM

Dec 2010
@trabletoon

I'm sure the words brevity and criticism doesn't exist in your world. I'd love to explain but it's impossible for you to understand. The only way I'd be wrong about this show, and I'd love to be wrong because then I'd love this show, is if at the end the titans kill every major character on the good guy side or something like that.

Yeah plot huh. Like those episodes they spent hopping over roofs and being dramatic kids. Kids are saving the day again, like power rangers yo! Them adults are cowards and evil like always. Pfff, what a kiddy anime.
May 25, 2013 9:31 PM

Apr 2009
Mika_Inamori said:
Yawn***

I'm usually not one to join the SnK defense force, because people are allowed to have opinions and there are flaws with the show but got dayum

You could not be further from the mark
May 25, 2013 9:33 PM
Apr 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:
trabletoon said:

the pacing is good, exactly as what i expected. Defense of Trost is considered one arc, they need to put many details of that battle so it felt like the story progression is slowed down. faster pace = lesser detail

The pacing is decent. I think they waste a little time, but no more than most shows do. Also, I get that manga readers want this to be as close to the manga as possible (most likely a good policy), but I do think that an adaptation should stand on it's own and at least attempt to fix things about the original material if there are things to fix. One particular problem I have is that we are 8 episodes in and there hasn't been a lot of moving dialogue/exposition. Everyone stops, talks for a while, then goes to do what they were doing. This is understandable because they are flying at high speeds, can't really talk while you're flying. But it could become a (small) problem if that is how it always goes. If it continues too much, then the show kind of becomes a "now we are in talking mode, now we are in action mode" story, and that kind of thing takes me out of the story.

Overall I'd say that I like where the show is going, and I think they are doing a good job. I think they need to improve in some areas though (the dialogue is probably the biggest problem for me, but I don't mind it very much at all).

I'd give this episode a 8/10.

well, i kinda agree.. if manga can deal many dialogues in 1 panel, anime should make use some ideas to make the dialogues take lesser time than it should be, but there will be + - points. The script writers must have decided where each episode will end to make consumer feel enthusiastic and curious for next week. If the dialogues is shorter, and considering the materials they need to make battle much longer (+) or add in some expansion fillers (-)(such as dot pixis scenes at episode 5, which are full of dialogues too @__@) depending on the current materials..
May 25, 2013 9:33 PM
Dec 2011
Cunning said:
Mika_Inamori said:
Yawn***

its actually hilarious how off you are.. u have no idea what u are in fore in the future but go ahead and drop it its your lose not anyone elses lmao.. if u would read the manga u would know. but its ok.. leave..good ridins

LOl you are completely wrong, quite frankly, you will later own know the truth behind the titans.
May 25, 2013 9:34 PM

Apr 2013
So... this is why that area of the neck kills titans, even though blowing their heads off doesn't do any good. Guess they're killing humans/a control device every time they kill a titan. (Oh the horror when they get around to realizing that. xD)

This leads me to wonder how exactly Eren's titan died though... he finally reached a point where he couldn't regenerate anymore?
May 25, 2013 9:36 PM
Dec 2011
For those who think this is just another generic overhyped anime, check out the manga for it. I can assure you that all your assumptions so far are wrong.
May 25, 2013 9:38 PM
Apr 2013
Mika_Inamori said:
@trabletoon

I'm sure the words brevity and criticism doesn't exist in your world. I'd love to explain but it's impossible for you to understand. The only way I'd be wrong about this show, and I'd love to be wrong because then I'd love this show, is if at the end the titans kill every major character on the good guy side or something like that.

Yeah plot huh. Like those episodes they spent hopping over roofs and being dramatic kids. Kids are saving the day again, like power rangers yo! Them adults are cowards and evil like always. Pfff, what a kiddy anime.

well the end of discussion. anime and asian ppl love dramatic and emotional stories. And if it doesnt suit your target market, then west stories maybe suit you more.. goodluck
May 25, 2013 9:38 PM

May 2013
I don't know if I'm happy they brought Eren alive... or sad. As long as the loophole is clever, I'll let this pass
May 25, 2013 9:44 PM

Mar 2013
Ah, so that's why Titans can only be killed by damaging the backs of their necks. Because it kills the human inside.

Perhaps we can assume that all Titans are actually humans piloting giant, biological mechas?

Fuck it, I'm just gonna read the manga.
May 25, 2013 9:45 PM

Mar 2012
Besides the several stills, another great episode :)
May 25, 2013 9:46 PM

May 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Also, this is why I don't rate a show until Im done with it. The haters are trying way too hard to find faults and stereotype the show.

Agreed. Sometimes I just can't finish a show, and usually I have a running score, but you can never fully rate a show until it's finished.

Anyway, I'm not a reader, so I was really hoping he'd be killed off for good. When he was eaten my mind was blown because I thought the main character got snipped. It would have been that much more refreshing. I suspected that they would continue on in memory of or he would become a titan, hoping for the former.

When the titan showed up last episode I was disappointed because it was obvious, but I was also hoping that he had been transformed for good. I was even more disappointed after he was revealed to have been piloting it because loss of limb is supposed to be pretty finalizing. Regeneration generally irritates me, and this isn't an exception.

I still have high hopes for this series. It's something you can feel. I REALLY hope I get completely caught off-guard at some point without any inkling of postulation. That hasn't happened in ages.

I ran with a 10/10 for the show up until this/last episode, but that's dropped down to an 8 or 9 now because I saw it coming. I really hope it gets back up there for me.

Plot disappointment aside, episode 8 scores 4/5 for me.
May 25, 2013 9:47 PM

Apr 2012
Spiegelmeister said:
So... this is why that area of the neck kills titans, even though blowing their heads off doesn't do any good. Guess they're killing humans/a control device every time they kill a titan. (Oh the horror when they get around to realizing that. xD)

This leads me to wonder how exactly Eren's titan died though... he finally reached a point where he couldn't regenerate anymore?

Pardon me if I'm wrong, since I'm not that far in the manga... But how would that explain their ability to regenerate. I think Eren is just a special case, (an abnormal). I'm thinking it is something his father for reasons unknown, similar to how Mikasa is abnormally strong (as seen in Episode 6).
May 25, 2013 9:48 PM

Jan 2008
The strategy in the HQ was nicely done. I was afraid something might gone amiss with the very short distance from the lift before firing their guns. Haha, glad it turned out well. And yehey, Annie and Mikasa to the rescue. Oh, great to see Eren is finally back, and reunited with Mikasa. Huh huh, a little moving reunion.
May 25, 2013 9:53 PM
Apr 2013
cant help but say eren titan form's scream is less epic this episode compare to prevous one..

too bad.. i love taht dinosaur scream :(

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaMay 26, 2013 12:37 AM
May 25, 2013 9:53 PM
Dec 2011
DawnJ said:
Yup. Till vol.11, it almost lost the original taste, and is throwing mysteries everywhere without answers.

Ah, well thats your opinion, and i respect that.
May 25, 2013 9:54 PM

Mar 2012
NecroFantasia said:
DawnJ said:
NecroFantasia said:
For those who think this is just another generic overhyped anime, check out the manga for it. I can assure you that all your assumptions so far are wrong.

LOL? This is the exact part where the 'survival' ends and 'SHOUNEN' starts. Anyone who's expecting more and deeper survival(and humanity) story should just drop.

Have you even read the manga? Do you even know how far this story goes too?

Clearly he hasn't.
May 25, 2013 9:56 PM

Jan 2013
NecroFantasia said:
DawnJ said:
Yup. Till vol.11, it almost lost the original taste, and is throwing mysteries everywhere without answers.

Ah, well thats your opinion, and i respect that.

Yeah. I don't really put much love on the series now. It was radical at first though.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 25, 2013 9:58 PM
Dec 2011
To those who think that this anime had changed from a survival to shonen, would be like saying Code Geass went from survival to shonen when Lelouch gets his powers. You haven't even let the story develop further, be patient and give it some more time.
May 25, 2013 10:02 PM

Apr 2009
NecroFantasia said:
To those who think that this anime had changed from a survival to shonen, would be like saying Code Geass went from survival to shonen when Lelouch gets his powers. You haven't even let the story develop further, be patient and give it some more time.

Shonen isn't a genre, this has been shonen since episode 1.
May 25, 2013 10:02 PM

Aug 2012
OMG Eren kicked so much ass this episode!!!!! Say whattttt and Armin actually was useful props to him.
May 25, 2013 10:17 PM

Mar 2012
Dangit, why did I spoil myself beforehand?!

Still a pretty amazing episode. Man, I stopped breathing when Eren emerged from the Titan's neck.
May 25, 2013 10:18 PM

Apr 2012
sim0n2170 said:
OMG Eren kicked so much ass this episode!!!!! Say whattttt and Armin actually was useful props to him.

Well he did graduate 10th in his class. They obviously did it for a reason.
May 25, 2013 10:18 PM

Mar 2011
Which chapters was this episode based off?
May 25, 2013 10:20 PM

Apr 2012
Edefrem said:

Half of Chapter 8 and all of Chapter 9
May 25, 2013 10:21 PM

Jul 2011
FrostToaster said:
sim0n2170 said:

Well he did graduate 10th in his class.

Liar
May 25, 2013 10:24 PM

Feb 2013
as a manga reader i was impressed with this episode and even though i knew what was going to happen, there were still some good OH FUCK moments. i'm enjoying this series a lot.

Edefrem said:

i believe chapters eight and nine
"In that direction," the Cat said, waving its right paw round, "lives Anonymous: and in that direction," waving the other paw, "lives tripfags. Visit either you like: they're both weeaboos."
"But I don't want to go among weeaboos," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all weeaboo here. I'm weeaboo. You're weeaboo."
"How do you know I'm weeaboo?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Apr 2012
pralan said:
FrostToaster said:
sim0n2170 said:

Well he did graduate 10th in his class.

Liar

Lol right, my bad.
Dec 2012
Wow, all these complaints about the stills.

I think the reason they chose their specific art style was so they can slack in some other areas. Since bolded lines bring your attention towards them and anything inside it, anything outside of them is less noticable.

I appreciate the stills, a lot of them are at moments that really wouldn't contribute much even if they were animated.
May 25, 2013 10:34 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome ep.! Armin comes through, finally get to see the shooting seen from the OP, Mikasa and Annie = BAAAADASS, I could go on, but...

Tyestor said:

I'm back bitches!!!
May 25, 2013 10:35 PM
May 2013
Complaining about so many stills?
OK. Let the anime production companies earn a lot more.
It's not the matter of the budget, but the number of animators?
Bullshit!
For all their tremendous talent and unimaginable hard work,
the wages of animators are usually less than those of McDonald's clerks.
And don't think company directors live luxury lives like the counterparts of Disney Co.

You don't wanna see so many stills?
Then, perish all those fuckin' fansubs, and buy BDs.
Let them get more budget, and they will surely produce better works.
May 25, 2013 10:40 PM

Apr 2013
FrostToaster said:
Spiegelmeister said:

Pardon me if I'm wrong, since I'm not that far in the manga... But how would that explain their ability to regenerate. I think Eren is just a special case, (an abnormal). I'm thinking it is something his father for reasons unknown, similar to how Mikasa is abnormally strong (as seen in Episode 6).

I actually haven't read the manga, I'm just going off my own speculation. I just correlate the fact that the area Eren emerged from is the exact area they have to specifically cut a chunk out of to kill a titan. It seems any other injuries they can regenerate, including a lost head, or so they were instructed in one of the previous episodes.

I realize Eren is a special case, and more than likely he's the only real human in that spot (looks like we'll find out how he got there next ep. from the preview.) However, it just seems strangely odd to me how coincidental the positioning was. It still doesn't explain the sudden loss of regeneration though, since he was able to do so last episode.
May 25, 2013 10:41 PM
May 2011
my only dissapointment of this eps is because :

where the hell is ymir and christa ?
May 25, 2013 10:48 PM

Sep 2011
AshtonClaude said:
my only dissapointment of this eps is because :

where the hell is ymir and christa ?
They are not relevant.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How KSI's new song ties in with themes portrait by AoT

Ghost_Davo - Oct 16

39 by Analyzer404 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

945 by topfloorboss45 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1565 by topfloorboss45 »»
12 hours ago

» Foreshadowing and Hidden details

ANIk_003 - Oct 8

34 by Kaynear »»
Oct 12, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1669 by senseeki »»
Oct 10, 5:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.