Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever been completely horrified by an anime?

New
Dec 2, 2012 12:06 PM
Dec 2012
I usually love being scared, and I go out of my way to find different animes or other things to scare me, but in the anime genre I find it really hard to find animes that are truly horrifying.

The scariest anime I have watched, recently, is Ghost Hound but it was more of just a state-of-mind horror. I wasn't afraid of what was going to happen, but more afraid of the fact that I might be going insane (sad I know).

But do you have any animes that just make you pee your pants in fear? What are they and how scary are they?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2012 12:12 PM

Oct 2012
Never have been scared from anime and from my understanding, Ghost Hunt/Hound is one of the few anime out there that is close to being 'scary'.

I have yet to watch those two but most likely, it will just be intriguing to see how 'sick' it will be rather than being scary heh.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 2, 2012 12:15 PM

Sep 2011
the manga ibitsu is the closest i have got, didnt scare me or anything but it was unsettleing

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 2, 2012 12:17 PM
Dec 2012
W
Tavor said:
Never have been scared from anime and from my understanding, Ghost Hunt/Hound is one of the few anime out there that is close to being 'scary'.

I have yet to watch those two but most likely, it will just be intriguing to see how 'sick' it will be rather than being scary heh.

Well, I can say for sure that Ghost Hound is sick. If you like Elfen Lied then you'll probably like that, but that's just my opinion, of course.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
the manga ibitsu is the closest i have got, didnt scare me or anything but it was unsettleing

It's hard to find anything really just "scary". Is there any scary anime, or manga for that matter?
Dec 2, 2012 12:23 PM

Feb 2010
I've been horrified by some of the horrible writing in GC, if that counts.

Also Ghost Hound was more boring than scary for me.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 2, 2012 12:29 PM
Dec 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I've been horrified by some of the horrible writing in GC, if that counts.

Also Ghost Hound was more boring than scary for me.

Lol. I don't know why but I found your post hilarious. Thanks for sharing. :)
Dec 2, 2012 12:39 PM

Dec 2011
Yep, K-On scared me a lot.
Dec 2, 2012 12:41 PM

Sep 2012
Not really ... as Kaze dude says, I'm more horrified by writing in some anime than anything else.
Dec 2, 2012 12:42 PM

Jan 2012
No. I would be more fun if horror anime could do that to me, but they have no effect.
Dec 2, 2012 12:50 PM

Nov 2010
Nope

inb4BokunoPicooranyotheryaoianime
Dec 2, 2012 12:51 PM
Jun 2012
nop
Dec 2, 2012 12:53 PM
Dec 2012
Glub said:
Yep, K-On scared me a lot.

BAHAHA! XD Omg. That was great. Was it the amount of tea drinking or constant squeals?
Dec 2, 2012 12:55 PM
Dec 2012
Virtual_BS said:
No. I would be more fun if horror anime could do that to me, but they have no effect.

I just want an anime that is geared completely toward horrifying me. I feel like their are plenty of chances to do that, but none are really executed.
Dec 2, 2012 12:55 PM

Nov 2011
I thought Shiki was pretty horrifying in the sense that the things happening (especially towards the end) were deeply disturbing and pretty horrific. I won't say I cowered in fear and couldn't look at the screen, but I certainly had that sinking feeling of "this is so fucked up."
Dec 2, 2012 12:58 PM
Dec 2012
neontaster said:
I thought Shiki was pretty horrifying in the sense that the things happening (especially towards the end) were deeply disturbing and pretty horrific. I won't say I cowered in fear and couldn't look at the screen, but I certainly had that sinking feeling of "this is so fucked up."

True, true. I think that is really what horror is in the anime genre. It's more of the "this is completely wrong and sick" thing more than the "OMG MONSTERS!" type deal.
Dec 2, 2012 1:01 PM

Nov 2011
Lissy45213 said:
neontaster said:

True, true. I think that is really what horror is in the anime genre. It's more of the "this is completely wrong and sick" thing more than the "OMG MONSTERS!" type deal.

Definitely. Also, Shiki starts off with a pretty banal concept that's been done to death, but takes it to a really interesting and messed up place. There were a couple of scenes towards the end (and in the specials episodes) that legitimately deeply disturbed me.
Dec 2, 2012 1:01 PM

Nov 2011
Well, the saki series is not a horror, but Saki, koromo and teru do scare the shit out of me. Teru crushing everybody else in the semi-finals was rather frighting.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 2, 2012 1:04 PM
Dec 2012
neontaster said:
Definitely. Also, Shiki starts off with a pretty banal concept that's been done to death, but takes it to a really interesting and messed up place. There were a couple of scenes towards the end (and in the specials episodes) that legitimately deeply disturbed me.

You now have me really intrigued about this series. I'm gonna have to check it out now. :) Thank you for that. Lol.
Dec 2, 2012 1:08 PM

Dec 2011
Nope. The only thing that's come close is the season finale of Blood-C, but that wasn't scary. it horrified me in a different way.
Lissy45213 said:

It's hard to find anything really just "scary". Is there any scary anime, or manga for that matter?

Oh yeah, there's definitely lots of horror manga that can really give you the chills. Check out Ibitsu or I Am A Hero. Or bizarre/horror/gory stuff like Uzumaki, Fraken Fran, or Corpse Party.

I haven't found any anime so far that's actually scary, but a really good chiller story is Denpa Teki na Kanojo. I also strongly recommend Shiki.
EmmrysDec 2, 2012 1:19 PM
Dec 2, 2012 1:10 PM
Dec 2012
uzu-dragons said:
Nope. The only thing that's come close is the season finale of Blood-C, but that wasn't scary. it horrified me in a different way.
Lissy45213 said:

Oh yeah, there's definitely lots of horror manga that can really give you the chills. Check out Ibitsu or I Am A Hero. Or bizarre/horror/gory stuff like Uzumaki, Fraken Fran, or Corpse Party.

I haven't found any anime so far that's actually scary, but a really good thriller is Denpa Teki na Kanojo.

Thank you! I will most definitely check those out. I appreciate it. :)
Dec 2, 2012 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
dat Another - creepy assed dolls ... but got used to it after a few eps ... kinda .. :/ *shivers*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2012 1:13 PM
Dec 2012
No, I don't really get scared in scary/horror animes. But my friend gets scared a lot though :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2012 2:34 PM

Oct 2012
Not yet.
Dec 2, 2012 3:14 PM

Aug 2011
I was. Another.

Dec 2, 2012 3:32 PM

Dec 2011
Not really.
Dec 2, 2012 3:39 PM

Nov 2012
Franken Fran has unsettled me on a few occasions... just the surgical procedures... it can be a bit much at times. Love the series, though!

Dec 2, 2012 3:40 PM

Mar 2012
Ending of School Days a bit.
Dec 2, 2012 3:48 PM

Nov 2011
Kratos_Ortega said:
I was. Another.

Really? That horrified you more than

That was crazy graphic.
Dec 2, 2012 3:50 PM

Dec 2011
The only parts in Another that had me scared were the night time scenes in the hospital and whenever he went to the bottom floor in the first couple episodes. I always thought something was gonna pop out.
Dec 2, 2012 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
No
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Dec 2, 2012 4:13 PM

Jul 2012
i kno i'm the board cheerleader for Berserk but lets face it, the end is freaking horrifying. I couldn't believe what was happening. I had a couple nightmares.
Dec 2, 2012 4:58 PM

Jul 2012
neontaster said:
Lissy45213 said:
neontaster said:

i know exactly what you mean i was on the shikis side more
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Dec 2, 2012 6:04 PM
Oct 2012
Marai Nikki i wouldent say i was scared of it but it was pretty freaky lawl =P
Dec 2, 2012 6:41 PM
Nov 2012
never! but if there is any anime that will like do that ! please feel free to make me some suggestions :p

«War is a hostile takeover of nations, coated in sugary religiosity and fiery terms of "right" and "wrong" from people who use faith as a mean of coercion and a tool of capitulation.» - Sacrophagus
Dec 2, 2012 6:51 PM

May 2012
I can't say I have. I've never really watched an actual horror anime.
Dec 2, 2012 9:20 PM

Mar 2012
I fell asleep watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Dec 2, 2012 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
SquadmemberRitsu said:
The old one or the re-make?
Dec 2, 2012 9:36 PM

Mar 2012
Neane1993 said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
The old one or the re-make?
I forget. All I can remember is that it was incredibly violent and boring
Dec 2, 2012 9:38 PM

Sep 2012
Nah.
Dec 2, 2012 9:38 PM

Nov 2012
The only time anime has scared me was when i looked at the dvd and manga prices :(

I want to stab all those bastards who claim they can buy manga for a couple of dollars
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 2, 2012 10:51 PM

Apr 2012
Koi Kaze was just disgusting.
Dec 3, 2012 12:16 AM

Jun 2009
DrunkenBlowfish said:

No, it really wasn't. As I find myself repeating seemingly over and over, the cool thing about fiction is that it can explore societal taboos and so on. It's fine if you don't like the subject matter, but this series certainly wasn't disgusting for treating it's subject in a serious way.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 3, 2012 12:21 AM

Nov 2012
insan3soldiern said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:

No, it really wasn't. As I find myself repeating seemingly over and over, the cool thing about fiction is that it can explore societal taboos and so on. It's fine if you don't like the subject matter, but this series certainly wasn't disgusting for treating it's subject in a serious way.

Since everyone keeps going on about Koi Kaze i guess i'll have to watch it and see what all the fuss is about.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 3, 2012 12:24 AM

Mar 2009
No. There were some extremely suspenseful moments, that's it.
Dec 3, 2012 12:44 AM

Jun 2012
Ive never been completely horrified by anything. I can still appreciate how well done something like Higurashi is though.
Dec 3, 2012 12:47 AM

Oct 2012
I've never actually been scared by any anime nor have I watched any of the horror genre, I thought episode 6 & 7 of PSYCHO-PASS was pretty gruesome. Was the wrong day to eat pizza...
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Dec 3, 2012 1:18 AM

Apr 2011
Have I got horrified through anime? Through fear or through disgust? Either way, I can't really say I have, although I can't say I've watched many horror/gore anime. Psycho Pass has been creeping me out with the ways they kill, so I might be well on my way to being "horrified" through an anime.
Dec 3, 2012 1:21 AM

Nov 2012
scariest anime I ever watched was SAO, .......................so much shit
Dec 3, 2012 1:25 AM
Sep 2009
Some hentai makes it hard to sleep at night. For multiple reasons.
Dec 3, 2012 1:27 AM

Nov 2012
Lemonaded said:
Some hentai makes it hard to sleep at night. For multiple reasons.

Tentacle rape scenes getting you down again?

I saw one where a guy was raped with a cob of corn (AMV hell 0) i couldnt even look at corn without throwing up a bit in my mouth (or copping a chub, i forget now)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What is good animation?

LenRea - 9 hours ago

6 by shane_nichols »»
5 minutes ago

» Imagine you're an anime seiyuu (voice actor). Which character would you want to voice?

Wendoka - 9 hours ago

9 by Zarutaku »»
9 minutes ago

» What are you gonna watch next season?

Pinoffin - 4 hours ago

14 by gunny92 »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Lolis

Jackof-allspades - 17 minutes ago

0 by Jackof-allspades »»
17 minutes ago

» Most underrated anime you have seen?

HotHamlet - May 13

38 by Jackof-allspades »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.